Switch Theme:

Transaction Report: SBU / fanatic2011 / lizheath2010 HE'S BACK!!! EBAY BEWARE!!!  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in us
Crazed Spirit of the Defiler

New Jersey

SBU has just contacted me and stated that he has received the Dark Eldar codex.

Sihamoni takes great pride in the league he helped create, as was conveyed in his recent advertising campaign for the CMFL that stated his midgets will "... take on anything; man, beast, or machine."

Ouze wrote:
Is that a haiku?
order from forge world
the mail has taken forever
this resin is warped

Made in gb
Towering Hierophant Bio-Titan

Fareham

I trust that you can understand the seriousness of this matter and can take the appropriate action if you need to contact me further please do you have my email above buy to clarify it is as follows ciril.jones@yahoo.co.uk practasing solicitor of law

Just had to quote the last line of the message from his legal aid.
This isnt actually official in any way shape or form.
not only that, but i highly doubt it is written by anyone of such education.

First, the constant spelling, typo and grammar issues really do speak volumes.
With such a job you would make sure everything is correct.

Secondly, why on earth is the email address;

a: In a different name? (Ciril or Clive?)
Seems like someone has used a family members email account.

b: A yahoo email account? Something that is not safe (so shouldnt be sending any official works from it)
Also, you will find most people in any forms of legal workings would have a personal email, rather than a 5 minute to set up one free of charge.

So, not only has the said document been written up by a false person (illegal)
It was written as someone of legal standing, giving advice (highly illegal)

I wont comment on the current debate, however, it might be looking into this such person (clive or ciril?) and see what you can find.

Made in us
Nasty Nob on Warbike with Klaw

St. Louis, MO

Jackal wrote:
[...]

I won't disagree with you Jackal. Don't take this as such. Take it more as a 'Devil's Advocate' type post.
One of my buddies is a very successful lawyer. Highly educated. One of the smartest people I've ever known.
Everything I've ever gotten from him professionally has been spectacularly written. Every privately sent email, etc., has been quite bad. His spelling is horrible.
That's because his ASSISTANTS write anything legal that he needs done but does not have a form letter for. If it were up to him to write it, there would be few spelling mistakes (spell check), but possibly plenty of grammatical and usage (their/there/they're) errors.

This letter could very well have been written by a lawyer. I would be more along the lines of believing it was a buddy of his doing it from home than a professionally retained counsel, however.

As for Ciril vs. Clive? Nicknames.
My grand daughter's name is Erin. We sometimes call her "Frank" or "Frankie." See a connection? LOL
At least the "lawyer" has a first initial in common. LOL

Eric

Black Fiend wrote: Okay all the ChapterHouse Nazis to the right!! All the GW apologists to the far left. LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE !!!
The Green Git wrote: I'd like to cross section them and see if they have TFG rings, but that's probably illegal.
Polonius wrote: You have to love when the most clearly biased person in the room is claiming to be objective.
Greebynog wrote:Us brits have a sense of fair play and propriety that you colonial savages can only dream of.
Stelek wrote: I know you're afraid. I want you to be. Because you should be. I've got the humiliation wagon all set up for you to take a ride back to suck city.
Quote: LunaHound--- Why do people hate unpainted models? I mean is it lacking the realism to what we fantasize the plastic soldier men to be?
I just can't stand it when people have fun the wrong way. - Chongara
I do believe that the GW "moneysheep" is a dying breed, despite their bleats to the contrary. - AesSedai
You are a thief and a predator of the wargaming community, and i'll be damned if anyone says differently ever again on my watch in these forums. -MajorTom11

Made in us
Plaguelord Titan Princeps of Nurgle

Alabama

If you read the comments about the naming - something to do with Ciril - that is actually an established lawfirm or something to that effect and the person that wrote that letter was either doing so as a representative of that firm or using their e-mail address to make his letter seem more official.

At least that's the way I understood it.

Edit: Also, the format of the letter, down to the typos, is similar to what we've been reading in this very thread from SBU.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2011/03/29 21:19:52

WH40K
Death Guard 5100 pts.
Daemons 3000 pts.

DT:70+S++G+M-B-I--Pw40K90-D++A++/eWD?R++T(D)DM+

28 successful trades in the Dakka Swap Shop! Check out my latest auction here!

Made in us
Dakka Veteran

Have an open trade currently going with him. Sent my SoB and he sent his Grey Knights. I'm hoping they will arrive soon, but these posts damped my spirits.

Made in gb
Tower of Power

Cannock

I did a trade with him recently and he had some items received damaged, which he did show me picture proof. He requested £12 to be returned for items he purchase totallying £18 inc £3 delivery. The item(s) ni question he paid £5 for and he only shown me proof of one. He told me some models had become bent but these were securely wrapped in bubblewrap and impossible to bend without unwrapping them. When I challenged him with this he didn't mention the models again and I send him £8 refund instead of £12.

He was demanding more money back than he paid. Why would he expect over double payment back for a £5 item for? After all only shown me proof of one damaged item which I am pretty sure could have been repaired. To add salt into the wounds he also gave me a 3 day ultimatum to refund him or he would report me to paypal.

I would be wary with this trader.

Also, that letter, funny that is has the same spelling and grammar errors as SBU's does sent to me.

Nothing personal, but just beware. Someone asking for more money back for a damage item than what they paid is taking the piss if you ask me.

Mod edits: again, as with every Transaction Report, please avoid the name callings and stick to the facts. Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2011/03/30 15:40:56

warhammer 40,000 tactica and hobby blog - www.imperiusdominatus.com

Want list feedback and advice? e-mail imperiusdominatus@live.co.uk

Blood Angels - 2000 Iron Warriors - 2000 Orks -2000 Imperial Guard - 2000
Eldar - 2000 Hive Fleet Krakken - 2000 Dark Eldar - 2000 Necrons - 2000 Grey Knights - 2000 Daemons - 2000 Ravenwing - 2000

Made in gb
Voracious Kroothound

Kent UK

FWIW, I recently did a large trade with SBU several weeks ago, over 200 hundred LotR figures for 23 FoW tanks.

We agreed on a day to ship them out first class recorded, i sent mine and gave him the tracking, he however did not. I gave him another day and sent him several PM's asking when/if he is going to post them. Although i got a slightly offensive response, he did apologise later, he told me he was having problems with one of his kids. Being the nice guy that i am i understood this, i gave him a few days to post them, he did and i received them in perfect condition.

His grammar etc, is poor but readable and he is a very nice guy (he offered to help me with lists and he did). So i do not think that he is trying to 'rip' anyone of, however i was wary of his late posting of the items.

TheBlackout

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

Misery. Missouri. Who can tell the difference.

The communication today (The Package Arrived):

From: sbu
To: Pipboy101
Date: 2011/03/30 14:05:53
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:armorcast
please can i have your email address so i can send pictures as requested as i picked up parcel in my lunch break it has been well battered and there are some minor brerakages but have pick of all and they are easy fixable ( mainly wheels have come of but you will see from pics how battered the box was )

hope to hear from you soon

sbu

From: Pipboy101
To: sbu
Date: 2011/03/30 14:13:50
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:armorcast
I wonder what the issue was that would cause such box damage? I do understand the wear and tear that international shipping can cause so I made sure to tape it with 4 times the normal amount of packing tape that I would use for domestic shipping just in case a 400 pound gorrilla handles it. By seeing the damage on it I can tell you what caused that damage as I use to work for a couple of airlines also so some international packages do get put on commerical airlines going overseas.

My email is: m!@#$%^&*()1@yahoo.com

I will close my end of the TR and post a +1 for you as soon as the pics arrive.

--end of replies--

251 point Khador Army
245 points Ret Army

Warmachine League Record: 85 Wins 29 Losses
A proud member of the "I won with Zerkova" club with and without Sylss.

Made in be
Dakar

Brussels

I bought 2 armorcast oop chaos engines from SBU.

He offered them for a very nice and fair price and the goods were in perfect condition.

I guess the main problem is sending items from EU/UK to US and US to EU/UK, always ask for tracking and insurance, especially if the item cost is high.

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

Misery. Missouri. Who can tell the difference.

SBU has provided the pictures of the two items I had sent him. However, there was no picture of the box they were shipped in. While I do understand some damage to the box or even to the items in route to the buyer because these items are put on airplanes, boats and even on horseback all depending where they are going the damage to the barrels on these two vehicles are very odd.

The wheels on these vehicles are only glued on with little or nothing else to hold them on so seeimg them off was not a surprise but the barrels. The both look like someone that has never delt with old Armorcast stuff tried to pry the barrel off the Spleenrippa and didn't realise that the body and barrel were one solid piece.

Now the barrel damage to the Gobsmasha mskes me scratch my head. The barrel is not part of the main body and should have come completely off the main hull but the end of the barrel almost looks like out was cut off the vehicle. Very odd damage to both vehicles to say the least.

Now since I am not at my home computer I have not had a chance to inspect the pictures closer yet and only saw them in thumbnail views on my phone. I will post this pictures later today as I stated before that I would. Wish I could haves seen the box they came in and I could have been able just from the pictures what happened to them.

But as I promised earlier I am closing my part of this transaction report. For all those with posts in this transaction report it is still open while your posts are unresolved with SBU.So for both sides please continue to communicate and make sure to keep all communication as transparent as possible with the rest of dakka. Again as soon as I am at a desktop system I will post the pictures for everyones inspection.

Good night and good luck.

Automatically Appended Next Post:
Well, here one of the pictures SBU send. They are so close to each other that I only need to post one:

Communications between the two of us:

SBU's email to me -

please find the pics of the item that i colected yesterday

the box was well beaten up looked like sombody had been playing football with it

could not get a pic of the unopened box as it had already been opened by customs and i again had to open it infront of the postal guy and go through the contants

the breakages as you can see are mainly the component parts i.e the wheels have all come of but they are seperate bits and so the glue has just failed and they can be stuck bac opn the only actual breaks as such as the 2 barrals both are relativly clean braeks and so i imagine that they can be glued back on with little or no fuss

i am slightly disapointed with this but the bother this trade has caused far outwieghs this and i am prepared to overlook these problems just to put an end to this trade so we can both go our seperate ways and you can close the transaction report (that was very hasty and uncalled for but then some people are like that)

many thanks

sbu

From: Pipboy101
To: sbu
Date: 2011/03/31 07:30:57
The pictures have arrived and I post one of them to the TR. I have closed out my part of the TR. I will be posting a +1 for you in the Dakka Swap as I promised.

--end of replies--

I closed out my section of the TR as promised.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2011/03/31 12:32:13

251 point Khador Army
245 points Ret Army

Warmachine League Record: 85 Wins 29 Losses
A proud member of the "I won with Zerkova" club with and without Sylss.

Made in us
[DCM]
Dankhold Troggoth

Shadeglass Maze

As Pipboy101 mentions, for those of you with ongoing trades with sbu please continue to post updates here. Please only post if you have relevant, factual information to add about the trades/traders in question.

Edit: Update, sbu will be at least temporarily unable to post here while we follow up on the evidence linked to in this thread, as the actions of recasting and sockpuppeting (creating a second user account, particularly to avoid disciplinary action) are the most serious offenses possible on Dakka. We have also confirmed that Forgeworld is investigating this person for recasting.

Please PM me for his outside contact information if you have an ongoing trade, as he will not be able to receive PMs here.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2011/03/31 15:05:36

Made in gb
Elite Tyranid Warrior

High Wycombe

I was doing some commission work for SBU when he just stopped contacting me through email, dakka, everything. He providided no excuse and I have attempted to contact him several times but to no avail.

After 5th April i will resume work on the commission pieces and sell them on ebay as this was thedeadline and I want to give him as much chance as possible.

I play:
Imperial Fists - 9000 pts
Tyranids - 1500 pts

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment.

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

Misery. Missouri. Who can tell the difference.

PM sent to tantan628 with SBU's email. Hope it helps him get results.

251 point Khador Army
245 points Ret Army

Warmachine League Record: 85 Wins 29 Losses
A proud member of the "I won with Zerkova" club with and without Sylss.

Made in us
[DCM]
Dankhold Troggoth

Shadeglass Maze

To reiterate, just in case anyone missed it, anyone currently involved in a trade with SBU will need to begin contacting him via email. I can provide it, or the others you have seen posting above. We don't allow the posting of personal information in TRs, hence it not being posted in this thread.

Made in us
Stabbin' Skarboy

Well I have communicated with SBU a little recently and it is just going in circles. Now I am tired hearing that the tanks I bought are EXACTLY the same as the ones in the pictures I received. So I figured that perhaps Dakka could identify the same differences that I could. The following messages contain the comparisons

Spoiler:

From: sbu
To: sum1thtdiesalot
Date: 2011/03/26 14:14:46
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Rerk grot tanks and mega tank

they are complete as i bought them and were send as pictured and described part painted thus you got exactly what you saw and discussed and paid for and thus i do not see why i would be having to consider giving you any money back

i would happily discuss further if you wish but you did have a full description and pics offered before you bought and you got the exact modsels as pictures there engines were clearly visible and havin rechecked the pics wich i still have ( always keep pick until a transaction reaches a happy conclusion ) you can quite clearly see there are no commander figure and no exhausts ( i was not even aware there was surposed to be exhausts as thats how i bougt them i i have done is part paint them again as described and pictured

many thanks glad they arrived safly

cheers

sbu

Spoiler:

From: sum1thtdiesalot
To: sbu
Date: 2011/03/27 18:37:25

The tanks I recieved are NOT what was pictured. And I should get my money back for that reason and the fact that they are recasts.

Here are a few differences between what was pictured and what was recieved

the pic you sent

What was recieved

The biggest difference is in the front bar on the "window" The ones in your picture are flash free. The ones on the tank I have in hand are full of resin chunks and flash

The pic you sent

My pictures

Notice the lack of diamond plating on the rear in my pics compared to the one you sent me. As well as the extra tube on the turret you sent me compared to the one in the pic

The pic you sent

Look at how well defined the teeth are on the front left tank

My pic

Now look at all the flash on the teeth of the tank. That is NOT the same tank

Also the pics that you sent me are NOT your pictures. They are gamesroomclearout2010'. If I need to cite more examples I will not a problem.

At that point I was unaware that gamesroomclearout2010 and SBU were the same person/brothers (has that yet to be determined?)

Spoiler:

From: sbu
To: sum1thtdiesalot
Date: 2011/03/29 05:27:17

as gamesroomclearout2010 is my brother the pics are the same

Spoiler:

From: sum1thtdiesalot
To: sbu
Date: 2011/03/30 17:27:47

Regardless they are RECASTS. Not forgeworld which is what I paid for.

Spoiler:

From: sbu
To: sum1thtdiesalot
Date: 2011/03/31 03:38:03

No you paid for grot tanks and saw a pic and had a full description that included the fact that i had bought them from ebay you got exactly what you paid for and this is what i have told paypal we will let them decide now i have supplied all messages and emails exchanged if they decide in your favour so be it you will have to return them and then they will refund you eitehr way i will stand by what they decide

That is all for now. As stated earlier I would like to know if you guy think they are the same tanks or not.

bad moonz
Kabal of Black heart
My Blog of random projects -Sneakin' Orks- Updated 5/20 http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/336930.page

Made in us
Crazed Spirit of the Defiler

New Jersey

Can somebody please PM me with SBU's email, it is nearing the end of another week and still nothing in the mail from him, even though he lives in england how is it that I have not gotten the SM codex but he PMed me that he received the DE codex within 2 weeks. I am beginning to think that nothing was sent at all.

Sihamoni takes great pride in the league he helped create, as was conveyed in his recent advertising campaign for the CMFL that stated his midgets will "... take on anything; man, beast, or machine."

Ouze wrote:
Is that a haiku?
order from forge world
the mail has taken forever
this resin is warped

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

Misery. Missouri. Who can tell the difference.

I have to agree with you that the items you received are recast. The front grill if the tell tale sign of a recast due to the amount flash. You do have a strong case.

251 point Khador Army
245 points Ret Army

Warmachine League Record: 85 Wins 29 Losses
A proud member of the "I won with Zerkova" club with and without Sylss.

Made in us
Stabbin' Skarboy

Pipboy101 wrote:I have to agree with you that the items you received are recast. The front grill if the tell tale sign of a recast due to the amount flash. You do have a strong case.

Trust me they are A LOT worse than that. I will likely post more pictures soon.

bad moonz
Kabal of Black heart
My Blog of random projects -Sneakin' Orks- Updated 5/20 http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/336930.page

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

Misery. Missouri. Who can tell the difference.

Pm sent to the night stalker the email address.

251 point Khador Army
245 points Ret Army

Warmachine League Record: 85 Wins 29 Losses
A proud member of the "I won with Zerkova" club with and without Sylss.

Made in us
Crazed Spirit of the Defiler

New Jersey

I sent him an email telling him of the situation will wait to see if theres a reply, I also did a google search on Tony Heath Recaster, and now I really just have no hope left of getting the dex from him, it seems as though this guy is a professional scammer and a counterfiter. In all I am out about 42$, not the end of the world but I have still been scammed.

Sihamoni takes great pride in the league he helped create, as was conveyed in his recent advertising campaign for the CMFL that stated his midgets will "... take on anything; man, beast, or machine."

Ouze wrote:
Is that a haiku?
order from forge world
the mail has taken forever
this resin is warped

Made in us
Martial Arts Fiday

Nashville, TN

::sigh:: I knew it was too good to be true.

I have been in contact with SBU about trading for the very same Grot Tanks sum1thtdiesalot just posted.

PMs:

Spoiler:
2011/03/26 18:36:56

Hi interested in your guard stuff and others (BA etc)

i have 2 squads of grot tanks one with grot zookers and one with big shooters both squads have the command upgrade wep etc and a grot mega tank

they are all assembled and base painted to a giood level in a nice metalic coulor wit a few stages of highlight and wash applied just waiting for army coulors to be applied

i bought them about a year ago (when mega tank was first released) but have since moved onto other armoes and am looking to complete my IG before starting grey knights next month LOL

i can send pics if you like ( would need email address for that as pics are large)

hope to hear from you soon to discuss

sbu

Reply:
Spoiler:

2011/03/26 18:43:05
sbu,

I would be interested in seeing those tanks, are they all Forgeworld? How many in all?

Spoiler:
2011/03/26 19:05:54

hi interested in 3 leman russ, 10 DC and the space hulk termies ( if they are vthe newer 2009 version)

yes interested in grey knight but the terms wich i would be most interested in seem to state pending !!

pics inbound might be a few mins slow old PC LOL

hope to hear from you soon

sbu

P.S as far as i am aware the grot stuff is the froge world stuff (althogh i am no expert and i did buy from 2 different sourses last year ebay and another trade) there are 4 grot tanks with griot zooker (one with commend upgrade extra wep) 6 grot tanks with big shooters ( again one with the command tanks extra wep upgrade) and the big grot mega tank i also have the data sheets and rules for all these wich i would send with the relevant units

Reply:
Spoiler:
Antony,

Got your pics, there's only 6 Grot Tanks shown though. I think my server cut off some attachments. Can you send pics of the 4 Tanks with Big Shootas? If they look as good as the others we have a deal as far as I'm concerned!

After this he switched to e-mail-only. I suspect due to this TR.

Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 07:46:58 -0500

Antony,

OK, they all look like the same ones from here. Are you sure you didn't snap shots of the same group accidentally? lol

So the trade will be:

ME: 3 Leman Russes NOS
10 Death Company NOS
10 LE Space Hulk Terminators

YOU: 10 Grot Tanks
1 Grot Mega Tank

I will ship out your stuff without the individual boxes to save on shipping if that is ok? Will ship as soon as you want.

Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 21:34:45 -0500

Antony,

Hey, I wasn't aware you wanted the Librarian as well. I looked through my bag of SH Termies (bought off Ebay) and I only have the 10 plus the Librarian. I think I didn't get the 11th one with the set now that I look at my SH box. I bought these ones as extras. Would you take the 10 plus the Librarian and call it even?

Yes the DC are the new plastics, still in the shrink wrap.

I'd really like to get my hands on those Grot tanks, can we get to shipping this week?

Date: Thursday, 31 March, 2011, 4:58

Antony,

Hey, sorry for the delay, work has been crazy this week!

I have pics of the Termies and figured out which one is missing. It's the one holding the Genestealer head/spine up. I sent you a pic of it as well (the painted one). Since I am missing one I will include the Librarian in the set.

Please let me know if all of this is ok so we can get things shipped this weekend.

This last one is a bit damning as far as what he's telling Pip about his dastardly little brother that he never talks to anymore.

Date: 2011/03/17 08:41:16
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:resin items

the only ork stuff i have are the gomsmashers and spleinrippas

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2011/04/01 03:05:07

 warboss wrote:

GW didn't mean to hit your wallet and I know they love you, baby. I'm sure they won't do it again so it's ok to purchase and make up.

Albatross wrote:I think SlaveToDorkness just became my new hero.

EmilCrane wrote:Finecast is the new Matt Ward.

Don't mess with the Blade and Bolter!

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

Misery. Missouri. Who can tell the difference.

Ok, thank you slave for posting those emails. He sent those using a blackberry when he said he was having an issue with his internet and really did not have another way to get ahold of me or others.

As I said before, the devil is in the details and he made a huge mistake sending those emails without proofreading them. If you are going tell a person whom job was to investigate and find the truth amongst the lies don't leave evidence around or broacast to others involved in a transaction report. Seeing this SBU it is tempting to pull my +1 for you. However, I promised to leave one for you so it stays. So everyone, if he does claim to be having tribble with his home computer internet he has a blackberry so he is not out of touch.

just take a small bit of the paint underneith to expose the resin. Also is any of the paint look like it is wet ourweeping and sticky. That is the sign of a poor resin mixture.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2011/04/01 03:18:14

251 point Khador Army
245 points Ret Army

Warmachine League Record: 85 Wins 29 Losses
A proud member of the "I won with Zerkova" club with and without Sylss.

Made in us
Crazed Spirit of the Defiler

New Jersey

I found this odd little tidbit while scrolling through the messages SBU has posted

"just what i heard from my source at FW (brother works in head office) as for them being limited at the open day last year i was only allowd to by 2 and that was at a push at games day you can buy as many as you like but from past experience at the open day they do limmit the amount bought

also i have been told its a grey knight but my sourse has been wrong in the past (BUT NOT THAT OFTERN) cheers sbu

p.s i will be buying as many as i am aloud if they are grey knights to use as my ghost warriors and pos paladin variants"

- I find it significant that he mentions this "brother" who is suppossed to be the one who committed all of these crimes yet here he says he works for FW? Something isnt right, I have a feeling there is no brother at all.

Ouze wrote:
Is that a haiku?
order from forge world
the mail has taken forever
this resin is warped

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

Misery. Missouri. Who can tell the difference.

Just keep on him about your stuff. If we can at least g get all of these deal resolved then the mods and the community can decide what to do about him. I think with all the angles everyone is coming from his stories are cracking. Also with paypal not listening his funding is dried up.

251 point Khador Army
245 points Ret Army

Warmachine League Record: 85 Wins 29 Losses
A proud member of the "I won with Zerkova" club with and without Sylss.

Made in us
Dakka Veteran

Been 3 1/2 weeks with no sign of my Grey Knights yet.

Keeping my fingers crossed. I hope I can give him a +1 rather than cry myself to sleep over a giant loss.

Made in us
Nasty Nob on Warbike with Klaw

St. Louis, MO

@Slave
(Was going to abbreviate your ID to STD... but decided otherwise, after typing it LOL).
I think you're hosed.
PayPal is most likely going to side with him, unfortunately.
If you buy a pound of gold and he sends a pound of cow manure, he sent SOMETHING. They have a history of siding AGAINST the complaintant in those cases. You'd have been better off to have never received anything.

Your best bet is to contact Forgeworld... especially if there are multiple people here who received recasts from him.
In the past (with GW models), GW has been known to trade you for the real thing, when possible, and keep the recasts to use when they go after the recaster.

Best of luck, guys!

[...]

MM (your abbreviation is much less amusing...lol)

To be clear, I haven't sent anything to SBU. Luckily I saw this TR and dodged a bullet.

Pip, you're my favorite person! Thanks.

 warboss wrote:

GW didn't mean to hit your wallet and I know they love you, baby. I'm sure they won't do it again so it's ok to purchase and make up.

Albatross wrote:I think SlaveToDorkness just became my new hero.

EmilCrane wrote:Finecast is the new Matt Ward.

Don't mess with the Blade and Bolter!

Made in gb
Boosting Space Marine Biker

Rhyl

I've met SBU face to face for a trade, I've seen and been offered counterfeit miniatures. Thus guy lives around 15-20 mins from me, thought he was a good guy, traded my SoB army for his orks. Needless to say I traded around 200+ quids worth of sisters for a load of resprayed AoBR models... My own fault for not checking the box while talking in mcdonalds car park in caerwys.

I was offered grot tanks, grot mega tanks and random bases.

If you receive said products from SBU check the bottom of the tracks as he can't cast these and they have become a blob of resin.

I didnt want to believe this thread as he seemed a nice guy, and he had brought his little boy along so I just assumed he was a good family man. Tony if you read this mate, just pack it all in, own up and sort it out now before it goes to far, got your little lad to think of!

Liam

ANYONE FROM NORTH WALES, PM FOR GAMING GROUP INVITE http://rhyl40k.aforumfree.com/forum.htm COME JOIN US!

Forum Index » Dakka Swap Shop
Go to: