Switch Theme:

Casey's Nomads: Heralds of the Knife  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in gb
Mastering Non-Metallic Metal

Forgive my ignorance Casey, but what does the TAG look like normally? Is it that big robot thing with minigun-like arms?

It's difficult to think about poses when you're not sure what it actually looks like...

Mastodon: @DrH@warhammer.social
The army- ~2295 points (built).

* -=]_,=-eague Spruemeister General. * A (sprue) Hut tutorial *
Dsteingass - Dr. H..You are a role model for Internet Morality! // inmygravenimage - Dr H is a model to us all
Theophony - Sprue for the spruemeister, plastic for his plastic throne! // Shasolenzabi - Toilets, more complex than folks take time to think about!

Made in gb
Camouflaged Ariadna Scout

Leeds, UK

 Dr H wrote:
Forgive my ignorance Casey, but what does the TAG look like normally? Is it that big robot thing with minigun-like arms?

It's difficult to think about poses when you're not sure what it actually looks like...

The Lizzie looks a bit like this

Link to my Gallery.

Made in gb
Mastering Non-Metallic Metal

Thanks bantha. That's not what I expected. I shall have a think...

Mastodon: @DrH@warhammer.social
The army- ~2295 points (built).

* -=]_,=-eague Spruemeister General. * A (sprue) Hut tutorial *
Dsteingass - Dr. H..You are a role model for Internet Morality! // inmygravenimage - Dr H is a model to us all
Theophony - Sprue for the spruemeister, plastic for his plastic throne! // Shasolenzabi - Toilets, more complex than folks take time to think about!

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

Yeh sorry about that H, here is the stock image for you and anyone else who want's a gander.

Made in gb
Mastering Non-Metallic Metal

No worries. How many pieces does it come in (or currently is in)? I'll let you know if I have any brainwaves.

Mastodon: @DrH@warhammer.social
The army- ~2295 points (built).

* -=]_,=-eague Spruemeister General. * A (sprue) Hut tutorial *
Dsteingass - Dr. H..You are a role model for Internet Morality! // inmygravenimage - Dr H is a model to us all
Theophony - Sprue for the spruemeister, plastic for his plastic throne! // Shasolenzabi - Toilets, more complex than folks take time to think about!

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

Let's say... as many as required, it came in 4 main parts and it's in many now, I can and may go smaller still. Any brainwaves are welcome and will be considered in full!

I'm looking into a full jumping, shooting action pose at the moment...

Made in gb
Mastering Non-Metallic Metal

OK, idea number 1.
Am I right to assume that the right hand weapon is some kind of energy weapon? Or biological (looking at the tube running to it).

I don't know where the idea came from, but I envisioned it charging this weapon up to fire and *pop*

Ryu came into my mind.

But, have the left minigun-alike arm extended in the direction it's looking as if laying down a hail of fire before firing the right arm...

How you'd go about it, I don't know, but it is a dynamic pose...

Mastodon: @DrH@warhammer.social
The army- ~2295 points (built).

* -=]_,=-eague Spruemeister General. * A (sprue) Hut tutorial *
Dsteingass - Dr. H..You are a role model for Internet Morality! // inmygravenimage - Dr H is a model to us all
Theophony - Sprue for the spruemeister, plastic for his plastic throne! // Shasolenzabi - Toilets, more complex than folks take time to think about!

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

Aw man, that is an awesome idea and I really want to give it a go, sadly though, the weapon in question is a Heavy Flamethrower. Even worse there are two options for that ammo feed to go with the two weapon options, I'm taking the less exciting but more aggressive Heavy Grenade Launcher over the Flamethrower.

Good thinking though and thanks for mulling it over. I'm going to store that away for something else!

I'm considering giving it an actual rifle with grenade launcher and a stalking pose now but it's not carved in stone yet.

Made in gb
Mastering Non-Metallic Metal

Fair enough. Yeah the logic doesn't really work for a flamethrower or grenade launcher.

I'm also saving that posing idea for something in the future...

Stalking sounds good... Y'know, as a pose... not in general...

I'll let you know if I have any more ideas....

Mastodon: @DrH@warhammer.social
The army- ~2295 points (built).

* -=]_,=-eague Spruemeister General. * A (sprue) Hut tutorial *
Dsteingass - Dr. H..You are a role model for Internet Morality! // inmygravenimage - Dr H is a model to us all
Theophony - Sprue for the spruemeister, plastic for his plastic throne! // Shasolenzabi - Toilets, more complex than folks take time to think about!

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

Haha, thanks again man.

Well I had a brainwave. 'Where are there big robotic death machines in cool poses? ...Transformers!'
So to add to the stalking pose idea I now have these in the shortlist:

Edit:
I've deleted the images as I've developed the concept a bit. I removed a couple of poses that had a footprint too large for the base and put together some images of inspiration. CDK posted the 3rd image over in the sub forum, it's perfect for what I'm doing so I'm going to keep it around for ideas. Here are a few highlights:
One, two, three, four.

I should have an update by the end of the week!

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2013/05/30 21:04:45

Made in se
Parachuting Para-Commando

I like your conversions with suppressors one suggestion for the T.A.G would be to pose it looks like it has taken one step forward and has one of its arms stretched forward so it looks like it's braced for firing its HMG.

Made in ca
Alguacile Paramedic

Calgary, Alberta

Oh man, amazing stuff! Looking forward to seeing more.

Agh, seeing all the time and effort you put into your pieces I feel so ashamed sitting here surrounded by boxes and blisters of untouched models.

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

I've been neglecting this little blog of mine I'm sorry to say. I'll finish my conversions and start painting this month but I've been very busy recently.

Thank you Michael and Ivan for the comments, it's always nice to hear and makes me want to do more. I hope you get the boxes open and start working on them Michael, you might find the pledging thread in the Infinity sub forum useful if you need some motivation.

I've pledged to have my conversions all done by the 20th so updates again here before long! Promise!

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

Wiltshire, UK

Looking forward to seeing some painted minis

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

Back!!

Well from here on in this is my Nomads blog rather than my Bakunin blog since I'm adding enough models to run a Corregidor list too. A Corregidor list with four, yes four, Geckos. Why? Because Gecko. It's a thing. In addition the Geckos will require me to have three more pilots available and I'm going to need some Alguacils. There are five in the list but I am probably going to be using my moderators to double up so I'll only need a couple more I think.

As always, conversions are a given so I've started working on a couple of them. Fluff has been blocked out for quite a while but I need to sort out names and stuff as I go along. Lets do this.

> CONNECTING...
> SECURE AUDIO CALL: Connected

Male: This better be good.
Female: It's new but it definitely ain't good.
Male: Fine, what have you got for me?
Female: Images coming through now.

Male: *bleep*
Female: Yeah. Two Geckos.
Male: How many TAGs could they possibly need? This is getting ridiculous. What else do we know about these...
Female: *bleep* I have to go!
Male: What is it?!
Female: Four!

> SECURE AUDIO CALL: Disconnected

Made in us
Near Golden Daemon Caliber

Illinois

Those are fantastic poses! I've got to go look at the original models now but it looks like you've done a lot. Tries bien!

Made in au
Yu Jing Martial Arts Ninja

Yay update! It's not dead

Great conversions! Makes me want to get more geckos D:

Are you going to leave the little arms off?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2014/11/15 04:59:19

Made in gb
Is 'Eavy Metal Calling?

UK

Awesome posing on those!

Gecko.

Made in gb
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord

That's some fine posing. Infinity miniatures are incredibly fiddly, you must have the patience/precision of a god.

Made in gb
Mastering Non-Metallic Metal

Good poses. Just one short of Charlie's Angels.

Mastodon: @DrH@warhammer.social
The army- ~2295 points (built).

* -=]_,=-eague Spruemeister General. * A (sprue) Hut tutorial *
Dsteingass - Dr. H..You are a role model for Internet Morality! // inmygravenimage - Dr H is a model to us all
Theophony - Sprue for the spruemeister, plastic for his plastic throne! // Shasolenzabi - Toilets, more complex than folks take time to think about!

Made in us
Thermo-Optical Tuareg

California

Geez man, looks like a ton of kitbashes in here. You need to get to some painting.

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

GrimDork wrote:Those are fantastic poses! I've got to go look at the original models now but it looks like you've done a lot. Tries bien!
Thanks man. I'll just post up the stock image here, it's almost becoming a running joke, this'll be the third kind of TAG I've worked on and the third time it's had to be posted for reference.
ckig wrote:Yay update! It's not dead

Great conversions! Makes me want to get more geckos D:

Are you going to leave the little arms off?
Nothing I do dies, it just sleeps. Thanks very much.
Always more Gecko, it's better than less Gecko because Gecko. And yeah I have many, many little arms from my TAGs, not a fan of the aesthetic one little bit. Where do you stand on them? I mean, you shouldn't ever stand on your hands but if you had to where do you do it?
Paradigm wrote:Awesome posing on those!

Gecko.
Gecko.
And thanks man, I'm aiming for four very individual models that have been modified by their pilots. More to follow.
Medium of Death wrote:That's some fine posing. Infinity miniatures are incredibly fiddly, you must have the patience/precision of a god.
I wish! I have terrible impatient habits, for instances I rarely clean flash from components before I stick them together, I'm in too much of a rush to get the idea out of my head. Means clean up can be quite slow and finicky when I get to it. I also snap tonnes of blades and bits for my tools because I can't help but push them too hard to get things done quicker. Patient I am not. I'm not precise either, I hack into these like no tomorrow and put them back together just as clumsily, I tend to act quick and let the green stuff clean up my mess. All you need is an idea and the correct tools to do these, there are many others that have serious skills to envy.
Dr H wrote:Good poses. Just one short of Charlie's Angels.
Thanks, dude. I really, really tried to get a Charlie's Angels shot this time but I couldn't quite get them in the right positions. We do have three though, and something relatively close I guess.
Barzam wrote:Geez man, looks like a ton of kitbashes in here. You need to get to some painting.
No joke! It's about time I gave them some colour. I actually have some bad news attached to that. I have all the paints, airbrush and brushes I need for these guys so I had done some basic tests on Alpha, Tharn and Bark and decided to give them a strip in some Dettol. Well I left them in too long and 90% of the green stuff came clean off. At the time it felt like I had been physically injured, think it's left some mental scarring. I've saved what I can but they'll need work before I go any further.

Anyway you came for Gecko so lets Gecko.
• Incoming File...
• Downloaded: Profile - Incomplete
• Accessing:
Subjects: TAG x4
Call Signs: Unknown
Nationality: Nomad - Corregidor
ISC: Gecko
Cell: Heralds of the Knife
Threat Level: Unknown
Security Level: Unknown
Notes:
• Urgent field research required - Gather evidence and turn in four separate profiles.
• Temporary Security Level Designation: 4
• Four TAGs reported, three photographed.

(Select image to enlarge)

Well I better go sort my characters out, can't keep posting 'fluff' to dodge writing actual fluff.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2014/11/17 02:38:18

Made in us
Near Golden Daemon Caliber

Illinois

Hmm maybe the trick was having two Gecko boxes to work with? They look pretty sweet.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2014/11/17 02:26:40

Made in au
Yu Jing Martial Arts Ninja

Nice poses. Where's the fourth gecko? More geckos!

I'd like to see these painted up.

Made in us
Thermo-Optical Tuareg

California

Ouch, losing all that work. I can understand why you'd be a bit burned about continuing on them.

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

GrimDork wrote:Hmm maybe the trick was having two Gecko boxes to work with? They look pretty sweet.
They look pretty sweet because Gecko, Gecko always look pretty sweet. The only actual part swap is something that can be done with any standard box, I swapped the left arms over on the running guy and the Mk12.
ckig wrote:Nice poses. Where's the fourth gecko? More geckos!

I'd like to see these painted up.
It's time for Gecko, Gecko, Gecko, Gecko. I'm really looking forward to painting this whole project up in one batch or maybe two. Fingers crossed I can at least start before the year is out.
Barzam wrote:Ouch, losing all that work. I can understand why you'd be a bit burned about continuing on them.
Haha, yep I wasn't chuffed, I feel like a sculpting binge is on it's way though so they're on the line.

> SECURITY CHECK...
> ACCESS: Granted
> AUTO-EXECUTE MEDIA: Video
> [50094C:12004-OA!HOTK-'eMissionaries']

Meloy: "Sons and daughters! Avery here, we're back with the lovely gals of Clandestine. Say hi!"
Jockey: "Hey!"
Tank: "Hiya."
Rain: "Hi!"
Turnkey: "Hey there!"
Meloy: "As you can see we've got some new faces here today. How about you introduce the new additions, Jockey?"
Jockey: "You've got Turnkey, Rain and that's Tank. The four of us are like sisters, yah know?"
Meloy: "You were just telling me that you grew up together on Corregidor?"
Tank: "Hell yes, we ran together for years. Strongest bond their is."
Rain: "*bleep* yeah!"
Meloy: "And your all pilots like Jockey?!"
Jockey: "No one is a pilot like Jockey."
Turnkey: "Aha! She's always been modest. Yeh we're all pilots... among other things. That's why we're here, doll."
Rain: "Come through and see the TAGs that Crone got us. We're making our personal alterations at the moment so they are up on the rigs but you can have a sneak peak!"
Meloy: "Your in for a treat now, viewers!"
Tank: "This is my baby. Jockey's. Turnkey. And this one is Rain's."
Princess: "Aren't they beautiful? I mean... Gecko!"
Meloy: "Haha, Crone is quite the woman of means. Four Geckos are a rare site I'm sure you'll agree!?"
Rain: "She is amazing, she's taken us under her wing and given us so much."
Turnkey: "Anyone who says any different will have me to answer to!"
Meloy: "Well it's lucky for me that I agree then, heh. Crone has been very accommodating and I certainly wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of any of you girls, haha."
Jockey: "Everyone who she reaches out to is loyal to her, it's the least we can do in return. Her enemies are our enemies."
Meloy: "Enemies?! What sort of enemies does Crone have?"

> ANOMALY DETECTED
> SECURITY CHECK...
> ACCESS: Disputed
> VERIFY...
> _____________

Right so I have a question. Where's the Panzerfaust/Blitzen supposed to be on the model?

Made in gb
Is 'Eavy Metal Calling?

UK

Great fluff and great minis!

Made in gb
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord

Great posing.

No idea about the weapon question. I always find Infinity a bit vague in that regard.

Makes me want to start that Qapu Khalqi force of mainly KTS troops.

Made in es
Dakka Veteran

 Casey's Law wrote:

Right so I have a question. Where's the Panzerfaust/Blitzen supposed to be on the model?

May be the thing in their left arms

or somewhere hidden like the Anaconda's spitfire

Made in au
Yu Jing Martial Arts Ninja

Geckooo! yes! Such a cool gecko squad

Aldo may be onto something here. The left arm has plating that the right arm doesn't. Maybe it pops open and launches a rocket. Yes...that'll be my justification.

Forum Index » Dakka P&M Blogs
Go to: