Switch Theme:

Do You Want More Primarchs?  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Poll
Do you want more Primarchs in 40k?
Yes, gimme more Primarchs
No, I don't want more Primarchs
Maybe, I don't care either way

View results
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Ancient Ultramarine Venerable Dreadnought




Nottingham

Breton wrote: Chapter Masters can only speedbump not out strategize a Primarch based on the fluff so far.
Kaldor Draigo was able to defeat Mortarion. Magnus has been defeated by Bjorn. Angron was taken down by (many) Grey Knights. But, especially in that last case, those were straight punching matches.

Before his ascension, Perty was out-strategised by an Imperial Fists Captain at Phall. Shadrak Meduson was evading capture from Horus' forces and causing significant damage to his forces in guerrilla warfare. It's perfectly possible for Chapter Masters to make strategic and tactical victories over Primarchs, especially considering not all Primarchs were strategic geniuses.
   
Made in us
Daemonic Dreadnought




The dark hollows of Kentucky

I voted "don't care", because though I don't like Hero-Hammer and think it should be about You're Dudes instead of THIS DUDE, I understand that some people like them. And I'm not going to tell anyone else that they're having fun wrong.
   
Made in pl
Rampaging Carnifex





I voted yes, mainly for the loyalist ones (preferably Lion first) because Chaos ones are a given as there is no way GW will not release Angron or Fulgrim when we already have Magnus and Mortarion.
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka






I didn't get Vect so no one else should be able to get theirs, thats right i'm taking it to that!

15k+
3k
Emperor's Spears 2k
Beastmen 9500
CoS: 3500

Reading/Writing LD, be kind!

https://maddpaint.blogspot.com 
   
Made in gb
Unhealthy Competition With Other Legions





Spoiler:
 Sgt_Smudge wrote:
Kaldor Draigo was able to defeat Mortarion. Magnus has been defeated by Bjorn. Angron was taken down by (many) Grey Knights. But, especially in that last case, those were straight punching matches.

Before his ascension, Perty was out-strategised by an Imperial Fists Captain at Phall. Shadrak Meduson was evading capture from Horus' forces and causing significant damage to his forces in guerrilla warfare. It's perfectly possible for Chapter Masters to make strategic and tactical victories over Primarchs, especially considering not all Primarchs were strategic geniuses.

The Primarchs definitely suffer from having super-ego's.
   
Made in us
Ultramarine Librarian with Freaky Familiar






I only want the Daemon Primarchs. The loyalist primarchs shouldn't be around.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Amishprn86 wrote:
I didn't get Vect so no one else should be able to get theirs, thats right i'm taking it to that!
This is a good point.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/05/08 17:43:41


And They Shall Not Fit Through Doors!!!

Tyranid Army Progress -- With Classic Warriors!:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/743240.page#9671598 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Ambitious Archon





Port Carmine

Depends on which ones.

Lion, Russ, Khan, Fulgrim and Angron......hell YES!

Lorgar, Corax, Dorn, Perturabo, Vulkan, Apharius/Omegon.....MEH!

Sanguinius, Curze, Ferrus Manus, Horus.....feth NO!

Kabal of the Mon-keigh's Paw
Coven of the Screaming Statues
Cult of Veiled Malice

"Death is only a concern if you're both weak enough to be killed and dumb enough not to arrange your own resurrection." PM713
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




NE Ohio, USA

 Crimson wrote:
nekooni wrote:

Aren't Primarchs biologically immortal and some are even entirely immortal?


At least in older publication it was especially said that they were long lived but not immortal. But that's all made up, so it of course can change. It just is comically stupid that they would vanish for thousands of years, an then all return in very short span of time. It also completely destroys the themes of the setting, but it seems most people (either fans or the studio) do not care any more and will rather have puerile superhero soap opera.


Hey, it's prophesied that Russ will return. and some of his Company has.
Essentially GW told us long ago that one day they'd we'd get the model/rules. It's just a waiting game.....
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Ambitious Archon





Port Carmine

 Amishprn86 wrote:
I didn't get Vect so no one else should be able to get theirs, thats right i'm taking it to that!


I don't really want Vect.....is that bad?

Kabal of the Mon-keigh's Paw
Coven of the Screaming Statues
Cult of Veiled Malice

"Death is only a concern if you're both weak enough to be killed and dumb enough not to arrange your own resurrection." PM713
 
   
Made in us
Ultramarine Librarian with Freaky Familiar






 harlokin wrote:
 Amishprn86 wrote:
I didn't get Vect so no one else should be able to get theirs, thats right i'm taking it to that!


I don't really want Vect.....is that bad?
Yes. Especially since you want a bunch more Primarchs. Falls into the "Xenos shouldnt have nice things" category.

And They Shall Not Fit Through Doors!!!

Tyranid Army Progress -- With Classic Warriors!:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/743240.page#9671598 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Ambitious Archon





Port Carmine

 Insectum7 wrote:
 harlokin wrote:
 Amishprn86 wrote:
I didn't get Vect so no one else should be able to get theirs, thats right i'm taking it to that!


I don't really want Vect.....is that bad?
Yes. Especially since you want a bunch more Primarchs. Falls into the "Xenos shouldnt have nice things" category.


I'm a self hating xenos


.....What if I just wanted Primarchs back to kill them with my OVERPOWERED Drukhari?.....or at least before we get nerf hammered.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/05/08 18:13:44


Kabal of the Mon-keigh's Paw
Coven of the Screaming Statues
Cult of Veiled Malice

"Death is only a concern if you're both weak enough to be killed and dumb enough not to arrange your own resurrection." PM713
 
   
Made in gb
Executing Exarch






No.

Because getting "moar primarchs" will also mean yet even MOAR MARINES

If loyalist primarch: Moar marines because the primarch obviously needs to bring at least 4-5 new SM units because reasons.

If demon primarch: It will mean moar marines because obviously marines will ned NEW** Units to counter the NEW threats of NEW chaos UNIT(s).

So no. Id much rather see other stuff literally just about anything else.

HH has primarchs. So you can already buy and play those if so inclined.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/772746.page#10378083 - My progress/failblog painting blog thingy

Eldar- 4436 pts


AngryAngel80 wrote:
I don't know, when I see awesome rules, I'm like " Baby, your rules looking so fine. Maybe I gotta add you to my first strike battalion eh ? "


 Eonfuzz wrote:


I would much rather everyone have a half ass than no ass.


"A warrior does not seek fame and honour. They come to him as he humbly follows his path"  
   
Made in us
Ultramarine Librarian with Freaky Familiar






 harlokin wrote:
 Insectum7 wrote:
 harlokin wrote:
 Amishprn86 wrote:
I didn't get Vect so no one else should be able to get theirs, thats right i'm taking it to that!


I don't really want Vect.....is that bad?
Yes. Especially since you want a bunch more Primarchs. Falls into the "Xenos shouldnt have nice things" category.


I'm a self hating xenos


.....What if I just wanted Primarchs back to kill them with my OVERPOWERED Drukhari?.....or at least before we get nerf hammered.
Haha, I'm all for it half my joy of playing pre-covid was butchering Primaris and Guilliman . . . As someone who mains a UM successor.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/05/08 18:18:40


And They Shall Not Fit Through Doors!!!

Tyranid Army Progress -- With Classic Warriors!:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/743240.page#9671598 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Crimson wrote:
yukishiro1 wrote:
40k was better when it was about mortal, roughly human individuals struggling in a decaying, grimdark world, not effectively immortal superheroes punching each other. The legendary figures of past ages should have stayed in HH where they belong.

Absolutely.


But too late, the SOB will be fielding a high lord of Terra. I expect all dexes will provide a god level hero. Not sure how they would do it for IG
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Oh it's definitely too late. That ship sailed years and years ago. Both AOS and 40k (well ok, AOS has been a superhero game for years now) are turning into superhero games, and judging by the sales figures, it seems to be what the customer wants.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/05/08 18:42:45


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Yes, more PrimeOrks
   
Made in gb
Executing Exarch






blaktoof wrote:
Yes, more PrimeOrks


I support that.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/772746.page#10378083 - My progress/failblog painting blog thingy

Eldar- 4436 pts


AngryAngel80 wrote:
I don't know, when I see awesome rules, I'm like " Baby, your rules looking so fine. Maybe I gotta add you to my first strike battalion eh ? "


 Eonfuzz wrote:


I would much rather everyone have a half ass than no ass.


"A warrior does not seek fame and honour. They come to him as he humbly follows his path"  
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka






 harlokin wrote:
 Amishprn86 wrote:
I didn't get Vect so no one else should be able to get theirs, thats right i'm taking it to that!


I don't really want Vect.....is that bad?


Its more about DE never gets anything and everyone else gets everything. The last new "UNIT" (not re sculpt) DE has gotten was 2010. thats 11yrs.

Every other faction has gotten MANY new units for their new codices, so I'm just being a brat b.c I'm playing the red headed step child army.

15k+
3k
Emperor's Spears 2k
Beastmen 9500
CoS: 3500

Reading/Writing LD, be kind!

https://maddpaint.blogspot.com 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Ambitious Archon





Port Carmine

 Amishprn86 wrote:
 harlokin wrote:
 Amishprn86 wrote:
I didn't get Vect so no one else should be able to get theirs, thats right i'm taking it to that!


I don't really want Vect.....is that bad?


Its more about DE never gets anything and everyone else gets everything. The last new "UNIT" (not re sculpt) DE has gotten was 2010. thats 11yrs.

Every other faction has gotten MANY new units for their new codices, so I'm just being a brat b.c I'm playing the red headed step child army.


Yeah I agree....I'd just love to swap a Vect for a Kheradruakh the Decapitator.

Kabal of the Mon-keigh's Paw
Coven of the Screaming Statues
Cult of Veiled Malice

"Death is only a concern if you're both weak enough to be killed and dumb enough not to arrange your own resurrection." PM713
 
   
Made in gb
Esteemed Veteran Space Marine




UK

It’d be nice for every faction to have their equivalent centre piece models, with decent rules to match.

So far we have (model wise at least)...

UM - Bobby G
DG - Mortarian
TS - Magnus
BL - Abbaddon
Orks - Ghazkull
Ynnari - Avatar of Ynnead
Necrons - Silent King
Sisters - that new high lord model

That leaves potentially

Guard - ?
Grey Knights - ?
Deathwatch - ?

Eldar - New Avatar of Khaine
Drukhari - Vect
Nids - New bigger Swarm Lord
Wolves - Russ
Dark Angels - The Lion
White Scars - The Khan
EC - Fulgrim
WE - Angron
IW - Perturabo
RG - Corax
Sals - Vulkan
Blood Angels - Primaris Dante? Or a somehow resurrected Sanguinius?
Fists - Dorn
Tau - Farsight?






 
   
Made in ie
Regular Dakkanaut





Ireland

One of the biggest WTFs of coming back to 40K was seeing Guilliman back. I still haven’t gotten used to the idea, it seems utterly wrong based on the lore as I knew it. The Chaos ones should absolutely be around (and were all available for Epic so were around in some scale), maybe the Lion doing a breakout of his long nap but Guilliman? Guilliman!??

Oh and if Sanguinius comes back then we truly know GW will be only short of introducing actual Marvel characters next.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





 General Kroll wrote:
It’d be nice for every faction to have their equivalent centre piece models, with decent rules to match.

So far we have (model wise at least)...

UM - Bobby G
DG - Mortarian
TS - Magnus
BL - Abbaddon
Orks - Ghazkull
Ynnari - Avatar of Ynnead
Necrons - Silent King
Sisters - that new high lord model

That leaves potentially

Guard - ?
Grey Knights - ?
Deathwatch - ?

Eldar - New Avatar of Khaine
Drukhari - Vect
Nids - New bigger Swarm Lord
Wolves - Russ
Dark Angels - The Lion
White Scars - The Khan
EC - Fulgrim
WE - Angron
IW - Perturabo
RG - Corax
Sals - Vulkan
Blood Angels - Primaris Dante? Or a somehow resurrected Sanguinius?
Fists - Dorn
Tau - Farsight?







Don’t forget GSC and demons have belakor

   
Made in gb
Tinkering Tech-Priest





The genie is out of the bottle already, so may as well.

That said, I'd prefer they steered clear of Loyalist Primarchs as much as possible - I'll admit to personal bias as I'm not at all a fan of Space Marines, but Guilliman and his ilk all feel very 'vanilla'. We really do see enough toys and units released for this faction.

I'd be far more interested in seeing factions without one, gain a Primarch equivalent unit such as we've seen with Necrons and the Silent King. In the interest of perceived 'fairness' if nothing else.
   
Made in gb
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain





Norwich

 Sgt_Smudge wrote:
Breton wrote: Chapter Masters can only speedbump not out strategize a Primarch based on the fluff so far.
Kaldor Draigo was able to defeat Mortarion. Magnus has been defeated by Bjorn. Angron was taken down by (many) Grey Knights. But, especially in that last case, those were straight punching matches.

Before his ascension, Perty was out-strategised by an Imperial Fists Captain at Phall. Shadrak Meduson was evading capture from Horus' forces and causing significant damage to his forces in guerrilla warfare. It's perfectly possible for Chapter Masters to make strategic and tactical victories over Primarchs, especially considering not all Primarchs were strategic geniuses.


"just as some truly exceptional humans can rise above an Astartes, an exceptional Astartes can rise above even a Primarch, Alexus Polux is one such Astartes"
paraphrased from memory of Alexis polux unit entry.

It is perfectly acceptable for even a space marine to be able to compete on some level with a primarch, take a look at Kharn and Angron, Ahirman and Magnus, Corswain and the Lion, Sigismund and Dorn, ABBADON and Horus, I would argue all eventually outshone their fathers and their legacies.

   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




I really dislike the herohammer that tends to arise out of this. I'm not a fan of super centre piece models that tend to warp the balance of the codex around them.
   
Made in de
Dakka Veteran





Yes, but price them aggressively so it's not optimal to field them in every list.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





The real problem is imperial knights.

When knights were released it dramatically changed the power level of single model units that were in the game, and made it more reasonable to start seeing super powerful individual models in other factions.

The fruit from the tree has been tasted, and Pandora's box will not be closed- so we might as well drive forward with more high points cost powerful individual models.

Personally I think unique models should be for narrative play, (they once we're...) But that is not where we are not have been for many editions.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/05/08 21:24:23


 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Auras buffs and re rolls need to be heavily scaled back. List build and game winning seems to be all about an algorithm that’s gets you the best auras buff and re rolls. Not being good at the game and the luck of the dice.

Having primarch level units should be one of the few ways to get a limited aura effect on the table.

I’d also say that they can only be played if both armies are fielding that type of unit and in each movement round they must be moving closer to each other as if trying desperately to engage in close combat
   
Made in de
Mighty Chosen Warrior of Chaos






SM and Chaos got enough stuff. I want tyranids!
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Voted nay for the obvious reason that if I mention will be frowned up for mentioning, so I won't mention it.

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: