Switch Theme:

Hachette Warhammer Stormbringer Magazine  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Jovial Plaguebearer of Nurgle






This looks outstanding. Will be all over this.

Chaos | Tau | Space Wolves
NH | SCE | Nurgle
 
   
Made in us
Is 'Eavy Metal Calling?





Affton, MO. USA

 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
 lord_blackfang wrote:
What's the Underworlds terrain set doing in there lol


What's an Underworlds warband doing in there.

I guess standing in for a Aetherkhemist?

All the Underworlds warbands had AOS rules as far as I am aware. Not sure if the terrain had rules, but sure would help new players out having terrain options.

Wonder if those Warhammer + exclusive models will ever show up in one of these partworks.

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




BigOscar wrote:
Am I right in saying that you can cancel anytime, so I could sign up for the subscription, get my fee magazine and modelling set, then cancel without actually ever paying anything? Or would I need to at least buy the first set of 4 to get the free stuff?


The first delivery is issues 1 and 2, so you have to pay £2.99 but then you get the first two magazines and the modelling set. Good bargain!
   
Made in gb
Fanatic with Madcap Mushrooms







Local stores are useless around here so no point ordering there.

I assume the destruction minis ( not the kruleboy) are part of the premium offer and not the regular magazine right?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/02/16 12:27:44


   
Made in gb
Hardened Veteran Guardsman





North-East England

Sure the Destruction boys are part of the regular magazine.

   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

the big group picture has previously only shown the stuff in the normal magazine

the premium add ons get their own images

 
   
Made in gb
Fanatic with Madcap Mushrooms







Nice! Thats so much goodness there! Squig herds im looking at you!

   
Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





Squig herds, loon boss, fungus goblin man, lots of good scenery, orruk megaboss, dragons, chariots, krule boy monsters, so much good stuff that I'll be getting from this : )
   
Made in gb
Jovial Plaguebearer of Nurgle






Looks like the trial runs in Essex


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Very happy I held out buying any dragons.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/02/16 15:00:30


Chaos | Tau | Space Wolves
NH | SCE | Nurgle
 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Really good looking mix of order and destruction minis, could be a great intro to the hobby for some people.

Already have a 3k plus painted Kruleboyz army so will probably not subscribe, but will definitely be all over Forbidden Planet for select Gloomspite/non Dominion Stormcast issues.

Painting Warhammer 40,000 Conquest a P and M blog : https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/763491.page 
   
Made in gb
Hardened Veteran Guardsman





North-East England

It is a much better way to get more people into the game with the different mix of factions in this series.
I wonder if Essex is the only area doing the test run.
Looked in two shop's here in the North-East but no luck.

   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





 lare2 wrote:
Looks like the trial runs in Essex


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Very happy I held out buying any dragons.


Essex?
Has it been seen there?
Every other one so far has been in the same place I thought. And nowhere near Essex..?
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






I really, don't need a 3rd Knight-Arcanum..but £2.99 is too good to pass up, especially for the boss as well. Don't see myself subscribing, but certainly picking up issues along the way.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/02/16 16:46:24


 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





It would be nice if this made Dominion go down to its half price point again everywhere.
I’d like another copy and missed out on the whole £60 ish point.
   
Made in gb
Pyromaniac Hellhound Pilot





UK

 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
 lord_blackfang wrote:
What's the Underworlds terrain set doing in there lol


What's an Underworlds warband doing in there.

I guess standing in for a Aetherkhemist?



Providing variety from what was in Mortal Realms for people subscribing to both?

The other thing to consider is what experienced players/ Warhammer old hands consider an Underworld product may have its own bespoke rules to include it Warhammer Stormbringer.

Stormbringer, Mortal Realms, Conquest and Imperium are all self contained games systems that do not require a subscriber to buy any other GW rulebook or Codex to use.



For those worried about the lack of detail for the Premium side, as this is likely a trial run, no-one will receive any product if they sign up now. Hopefully, the full premium details will be published before the main release. Final content of the Premium sub may only be decided on based on response to the trial run.

   
Made in gb
Drop Trooper with Demo Charge




Never played AoS but those dragons for £18 as a painting project are an absolute steal. The tree chap and some of the mounted models would also be good for £9/£18. Mortal Realms didn't really draw me in but this may give me a reason to get into AoS which ultimately is the aim. Looking forward to the national role out.

I've seen some people online say the premium model is only worth £10, however the sprue is sold on GW for £68 and it doesn't look splitable from the other models. Am I missing something £40 for a £68 sprue seems decent enough.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/02/16 16:24:53


 
   
Made in gb
Hardened Veteran Guardsman





North-East England

You could get that same sprues in the Dominion starter set along with all of the other miniatures for around £30 more compared to the set listed at £68.

   
Made in us
Auspicious Aspiring Champion of Chaos





life.

You know, if the prices were not insane for the 40k version currently available in the US, I would be happy to see this come across the pond. Not so sure at the rates hachette is selling imperium for here.

Especially since i would assumably be paying for several issues upfront, with a shipping cost each damn time (I would not be against this if it was a nominal flat rate, but knowing commercial shipping rates they are charging an exhorbitant amount for shipments.

I collect:

Grand alliance death (whole alliance)

Stormcast eternals

Slaves to Darkness - currently Nurgle but may expand to undivided.
 
   
Made in gb
Jovial Plaguebearer of Nurgle






Danny76 wrote:
 lare2 wrote:
Looks like the trial runs in Essex


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Very happy I held out buying any dragons.


Essex?
Has it been seen there?
Every other one so far has been in the same place I thought. And nowhere near Essex..?


I've had a bit of a funny day and can't really double check but I'm sure I saw someone on fb post a pic of #1 they'd picked up in Essex.

Chaos | Tau | Space Wolves
NH | SCE | Nurgle
 
   
Made in gb
RogueSangre



West Sussex, UK

 lare2 wrote:
Danny76 wrote:
 lare2 wrote:
Looks like the trial runs in Essex


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Very happy I held out buying any dragons.


Essex?
Has it been seen there?
Every other one so far has been in the same place I thought. And nowhere near Essex..?


I've had a bit of a funny day and can't really double check but I'm sure I saw someone on fb post a pic of #1 they'd picked up in Essex.


The person I saw who posted a copy said North Essex.
   
Made in gb
Ancient Chaos Terminator






Surfing the Tervigon Wave...on a baby.

Eh, I've slapped a subscription down anyhow.

Just a normal sub mind you. Not that fussed about premium as the first 2 sets are basically Yndrasta and her sprue (eh) and a Gnashtoof Killaboss and his sprue (boltboyz and murk banner iirc). None of which are that important to me.

So for the price it's at, I'll not say no. That is a very respectable lot of things and my kruleboyz will appreciate reinforcements. The rest is sell fodder or painting project really.


Now only a CSM player. 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





 DarkStarSabre wrote:
Eh, I've slapped a subscription down anyhow.

Just a normal sub mind you. Not that fussed about premium as the first 2 sets are basically Yndrasta and her sprue (eh) and a Gnashtoof Killaboss and his sprue (boltboyz and murk banner iirc). None of which are that important to me.

So for the price it's at, I'll not say no. That is a very respectable lot of things and my kruleboyz will appreciate reinforcements. The rest is sell fodder or painting project really.


Bear in mind, as this is just a trial, you may well not receive anything at this point. Though think you will then start the subscription when the magazine goes live (I'm guessing shortly after Imperium finishes, so a year or so's time), though you may get some free issues.
   
Made in gb
RogueSangre



West Sussex, UK

I think it was a free mug for signing up early to Imperium rather than an extra free issue. Although this time they already have included a mug in the free gifts.
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




Anyone know what shops usually actually stock these in the UK? Not a massive in person shopper these days so I'm well out of the loop! Wh smiths? Do they still exist?
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





BigOscar wrote:
Anyone know what shops usually actually stock these in the UK? Not a massive in person shopper these days so I'm well out of the loop! Wh smiths? Do they still exist?


W H Smiths almost certainly, the larger newsagent chains and some supermarkets in my experience, but this is only a trial run, so only available in a small part of the country, possibly Essex, but don't know if that's actually been confirmed.
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




Tavis75 wrote:
BigOscar wrote:
Anyone know what shops usually actually stock these in the UK? Not a massive in person shopper these days so I'm well out of the loop! Wh smiths? Do they still exist?


W H Smiths almost certainly, the larger newsagent chains and some supermarkets in my experience, but this is only a trial run, so only available in a small part of the country, possibly Essex, but don't know if that's actually been confirmed.

Cheers, I was more thinking for when it actually comes out the best way to hoover up an ungodly amount of cheap squigs. So things like GT News might have it? Otherwise I am looking at going all the way into town, which if you've been to Sheffield city centre lately you'll know, is not that appealing. (unless spice zombies and people eyeing you up to see if you are worth mugging is your idea of a good time!)
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





BigOscar wrote:
Tavis75 wrote:
BigOscar wrote:
Anyone know what shops usually actually stock these in the UK? Not a massive in person shopper these days so I'm well out of the loop! Wh smiths? Do they still exist?


W H Smiths almost certainly, the larger newsagent chains and some supermarkets in my experience, but this is only a trial run, so only available in a small part of the country, possibly Essex, but don't know if that's actually been confirmed.

Cheers, I was more thinking for when it actually comes out the best way to hoover up an ungodly amount of cheap squigs. So things like GT News might have it? Otherwise I am looking at going all the way into town, which if you've been to Sheffield city centre lately you'll know, is not that appealing. (unless spice zombies and people eyeing you up to see if you are worth mugging is your idea of a good time!)


They sound like a good bet, however, a lot of places only get the first few issues in, then unless you ask them to specifically order the magazine for you they stop stocking it. So no good if you want to pick up the odd issue here and there. I believe Forbidden Planet tend to stock the mags for mail order, so they might be a good bet.
   
Made in gb
Fanatic with Madcap Mushrooms







Tavis75 wrote:
BigOscar wrote:
Tavis75 wrote:
BigOscar wrote:
Anyone know what shops usually actually stock these in the UK? Not a massive in person shopper these days so I'm well out of the loop! Wh smiths? Do they still exist?


W H Smiths almost certainly, the larger newsagent chains and some supermarkets in my experience, but this is only a trial run, so only available in a small part of the country, possibly Essex, but don't know if that's actually been confirmed.

Cheers, I was more thinking for when it actually comes out the best way to hoover up an ungodly amount of cheap squigs. So things like GT News might have it? Otherwise I am looking at going all the way into town, which if you've been to Sheffield city centre lately you'll know, is not that appealing. (unless spice zombies and people eyeing you up to see if you are worth mugging is your idea of a good time!)


They sound like a good bet, however, a lot of places only get the first few issues in, then unless you ask them to specifically order the magazine for you they stop stocking it. So no good if you want to pick up the odd issue here and there. I believe Forbidden Planet tend to stock the mags for mail order, so they might be a good bet.


Depends on how good is your local newsagent... My experience is they get first numbers then they drop and just get random numbers inconsistently and in very small quantities. You ask if they can order they say yes and then screw up every month making it so frustrating you give up. Im going to pick some issues online only ( will try forbidden planet)

   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




I can't say I've ever seen any of the Warhammer or 40k magazines in my local 3 or 4 newsagents, but you don't really know if that's because they never had them or they sold them (I've not exactly been avidly looking for them either). I'll try and at least check around when they release these properly and at least see which are stocking at all.

Online does feel inevitable though, although that does have the concerns of things selling out with every decent issue being swallowed up by scalpers.
   
Made in gb
Drop Trooper with Demo Charge




 manic _miner wrote:
You could get that same sprues in the Dominion starter set along with all of the other miniatures for around £30 more compared to the set listed at £68.


Thanks that explains it, I take it £10 comes from taking the cost of Dominion and dividing by the number of sprues?

It's a tricky one when it comes to value. If you were able to get Dominion then it's worth a tenner but anyone late to the party will have to pay the current RRP of £68. Though I am guessing the Dominion price is keeping second hand prices down. Looking at the models included on the sprue based on GWs normal pricing £40 doesn't seem like a bad deal if you did miss out on Dominion.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: