Switch Theme:

Hachette Warhammer Stormbringer Magazine  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




Tallonian4th wrote:
 manic _miner wrote:
You could get that same sprues in the Dominion starter set along with all of the other miniatures for around £30 more compared to the set listed at £68.


Thanks that explains it, I take it £10 comes from taking the cost of Dominion and dividing by the number of sprues?

It's a tricky one when it comes to value. If you were able to get Dominion then it's worth a tenner but anyone late to the party will have to pay the current RRP of £68. Though I am guessing the Dominion price is keeping second hand prices down. Looking at the models included on the sprue based on GWs normal pricing £40 doesn't seem like a bad deal if you did miss out on Dominion.


The £10 comes from the fact that Dominion was massively overstocked, so there was a massive price crash on it and a ton of extra models available at next to no price. Yndrasta is a fantastic model, pretty large and cool, but you could go on ebay right now and buy it new on sprue for about £10. In time, the price might start to go up once the thousands of extra kits work their way out of circulation, but we're still a pretty long way away from that I reckon.
   
Made in gb
Drop Trooper with Demo Charge




At that price it's a tempting buy for a conversion into a 40K Sisters project! Thanks for the clarification. Yeah based on that, it's hard to see the value. Wonder how the Premium models are decided, it's likely Hachette are unaware of the overall market for each sprue. It could be a case of GW trying to get rid of the stock they can't shift at £68.
   
Made in gb
Ancient Chaos Terminator






Surfing the Tervigon Wave...on a baby.

Tavis75 wrote:
 DarkStarSabre wrote:
Eh, I've slapped a subscription down anyhow.

Just a normal sub mind you. Not that fussed about premium as the first 2 sets are basically Yndrasta and her sprue (eh) and a Gnashtoof Killaboss and his sprue (boltboyz and murk banner iirc). None of which are that important to me.

So for the price it's at, I'll not say no. That is a very respectable lot of things and my kruleboyz will appreciate reinforcements. The rest is sell fodder or painting project really.


Bear in mind, as this is just a trial, you may well not receive anything at this point. Though think you will then start the subscription when the magazine goes live (I'm guessing shortly after Imperium finishes, so a year or so's time), though you may get some free issues.


Do you think I'm in the US or something? LOL. The previous trial runs occured in spring/late winter (now) and became full runs in August/September of the very same year - a year or so's time? Don't be daft. They won't wait for one to finish before starting the other. Imperium was coming out while Mortal Realms was in its last third. Mortal Realms was coming out while Conquest was the same.

It's a patter than has happened twice before. It's not going to suddenly change like that.


Now only a CSM player. 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




Tallonian4th wrote:
At that price it's a tempting buy for a conversion into a 40K Sisters project! Thanks for the clarification. Yeah based on that, it's hard to see the value. Wonder how the Premium models are decided, it's likely Hachette are unaware of the overall market for each sprue. It could be a case of GW trying to get rid of the stock they can't shift at £68.


This will have been decided before Dominion was even released most likely.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





 DarkStarSabre wrote:
Tavis75 wrote:
 DarkStarSabre wrote:
Eh, I've slapped a subscription down anyhow.

Just a normal sub mind you. Not that fussed about premium as the first 2 sets are basically Yndrasta and her sprue (eh) and a Gnashtoof Killaboss and his sprue (boltboyz and murk banner iirc). None of which are that important to me.

So for the price it's at, I'll not say no. That is a very respectable lot of things and my kruleboyz will appreciate reinforcements. The rest is sell fodder or painting project really.


Bear in mind, as this is just a trial, you may well not receive anything at this point. Though think you will then start the subscription when the magazine goes live (I'm guessing shortly after Imperium finishes, so a year or so's time), though you may get some free issues.


Do you think I'm in the US or something? LOL. The previous trial runs occured in spring/late winter (now) and became full runs in August/September of the very same year - a year or so's time? Don't be daft. They won't wait for one to finish before starting the other. Imperium was coming out while Mortal Realms was in its last third. Mortal Realms was coming out while Conquest was the same.

It's a patter than has happened twice before. It's not going to suddenly change like that.


Around issue 60 in previous times if I had to guess / use my vague memory.
   
Made in gb
Jovial Plaguebearer of Nurgle






Aiming to try and go halfies with a Kruleboyz mate. If that falls through, hopefully Forbidden Planet sell it, just like they have done with all previous iterations. Best place to pick up random issues.

Chaos | Tau | Space Wolves
NH | SCE | Nurgle
 
   
Made in gb
Jovial Plaguebearer of Nurgle






Nice one - now subscribed with kruleboyz mate.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/02/19 08:41:44


Chaos | Tau | Space Wolves
NH | SCE | Nurgle
 
   
Made in us
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain






A Protoss colony world

 lord marcus wrote:
You know, if the prices were not insane for the 40k version currently available in the US, I would be happy to see this come across the pond. Not so sure at the rates hachette is selling imperium for here.

Especially since i would assumably be paying for several issues upfront, with a shipping cost each damn time (I would not be against this if it was a nominal flat rate, but knowing commercial shipping rates they are charging an exhorbitant amount for shipments.

Yeah, I thought it was cool that it was finally coming to the US, but then I saw the prices and said "F*** no!" I guess it's more expensive over here because it's basically imported?

My armies (re-counted and updated on 4/26/22, including modeled wargear options):
Dark Angels: ~18000 | Space Marines (Blood Ravens and others): ~900 | Space Wolves: ~5000
Astra Militarum: ~800 | Adeptus Custodes: ~1100 | Imperial Knights: ~1300 | Sisters of Battle: ~4300
Check out my P&M Blogs: ZergSmasher's P&M Blog | Imperial Knights blog | Total models painted in 2021: 114 | Total models painted in 2022: 29 | Current main painting project: Middle-Earth Easterlings
 Mr_Rose wrote:
Who doesn’t love crazy mutant squawk-puppies? Eh? Nobody, that’s who.
 
   
Made in us
Krazed Killa Kan






Columbus, Oh

 ZergSmasher wrote:
 lord marcus wrote:
You know, if the prices were not insane for the 40k version currently available in the US, I would be happy to see this come across the pond. Not so sure at the rates hachette is selling imperium for here.

Especially since i would assumably be paying for several issues upfront, with a shipping cost each damn time (I would not be against this if it was a nominal flat rate, but knowing commercial shipping rates they are charging an exhorbitant amount for shipments.

Yeah, I thought it was cool that it was finally coming to the US, but then I saw the prices and said "F*** no!" I guess it's more expensive over here because it's basically imported?


I'm seeing the price at $13.99 per issue in the US.. is that the "insane" prices you mean, or is there some scalpers charging an arm and a leg?

2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

Order of St Ursula (Sisters of Battle): W-2, L-1, T-1
Get of Freki (Space Wolves): W-3, L-1, T-1
Hive Fleet Portentosa (Nids/Stealers): W-6, L-4, T-0
Omega Marines (vanilla Space Marine): W-1, L-6, T-2
Waagh Magshak (Orks): W-4, L-0, T-1
A.V.P.D.W.: W-0, L-2, T-0

www.40korigins.com
bringing 40k Events to Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Oh. Ask me for more info! 
   
Made in gb
Pyromaniac Hellhound Pilot





UK



Wow. For some reason the US subscribers get charged P & P plus the US FAQ states the binders have to be bought.

Land Of The Not So Free Postage and Packing.

Makes me glad that Hachette UK absorb that cost.

   
Made in us
Paramount Plague Censer Bearer





Texas

alphaecho wrote:


Wow. For some reason the US subscribers get charged P & P plus the US FAQ states the binders have to be bought.

Land Of The Not So Free Postage and Packing.

Makes me glad that Hachette UK absorb that cost.


The US Post Office is flat f*cking broke, and as a result they keep raising prices every year. It has gotten to the point that at work we check and see if UPS or FedEx can get the package there cheaper...and usually they can now. I still find Imperium worth it, especially the Necron issues. And I can always use more paint...

Urusei Yatsura, Cerebus the Aardvark, Machiavelli, Plato and Happy Days. So, how was your childhood?

DC:70S+G++M+++B+I-Pat43/f+D++A(WTF)/eWD079R+++T(R)DM+ 
   
Made in gb
Pyromaniac Hellhound Pilot





UK

 Sacredroach wrote:
alphaecho wrote:


Wow. For some reason the US subscribers get charged P & P plus the US FAQ states the binders have to be bought.

Land Of The Not So Free Postage and Packing.

Makes me glad that Hachette UK absorb that cost.


The US Post Office is flat f*cking broke, and as a result they keep raising prices every year. It has gotten to the point that at work we check and see if UPS or FedEx can get the package there cheaper...and usually they can now. I still find Imperium worth it, especially the Necron issues. And I can always use more paint...


Happy with that sad state of affairs but, on the subject of binders, I'm not sure why the UK FAQs state this:

Are there any binders or extras with the subscription?
If you subscribe from Issues 01, 02, 03 or 04, you will receive your FREE binder with dividers in your 3rd delivery. If you subscribe from Issue 05, 06 or 07, you will receive your first binder with dividers with issue 7 at the price of £8.99 (€10.99).

Subsequent binders (without dividers) will be sent to all subscribers with Issues 23, 43 and 63 at the price of £8.99 (€10.99).

As a subscriber, you will also automatically receive special issues as they become available (items and prices vary).

You will be automatically opted in to receive binders and special issues throughout your collection, though you may opt out of receiving these by contacting our Customer Service Team.

The US site has this:

Do I have to get the binders?
3 months ago
Yes, the binders are an integral part of the collection. The magazines are only loosely bound and designed to pull apart so that you can file the various sections of the magazine in the correct sequence. For example all the painting instructions will be filed together, as will the instruction guides. This allows for easier reference of the material as your collection grows.


   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





So this being the trial I didn’t think I’d see it down here.
However a newsagents one Ipswich did have a load.
So I grabbed two (and for some reason he put them through at £2.29 each, so even better!
   
Made in gb
Jovial Plaguebearer of Nurgle






Anyone heard anything more recently?

Chaos | Tau | Space Wolves
NH | SCE | Nurgle
 
   
Made in ie
Despised Traitorous Cultist




No its been pretty much radio silence for now.

Long time Lurker  
   
Made in gb
Jovial Plaguebearer of Nurgle






If it follows previous releases it should be in the next few months. Hopefully we'll hear more soon.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
I want cheap dragons.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/07/16 11:04:44


Chaos | Tau | Space Wolves
NH | SCE | Nurgle
 
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bit of a delay while they figure out what the fallout of the collapse of Eaglemoss means for them

(they actually felt the need to post on facebook, and i think twitter that hattchette wasn't part of or associated with Eaglemoss, and that subscribers magazines weren't in jeopardy)

 
   
Made in gb
Highlord with a Blackstone Fortress






Adrift within the vortex of my imagination.

 lare2 wrote:

I want cheap dragons.


Here you go:
https://gamefound.com/projects/archon-studio/united-kingdom-dungeons--lasers-third-edition/products/details/13754

In addition to archon studio.

Nolzurs dragons are decent for the price, mostly. 'Young dragons' are big enough for most gaming purposes, of late D&D has been supersizing their giants and dragons. Nolzur's do a lot of flying poses also.

Reaper can be excellent for dragons but you need to pick them carefully.

My trouble with most GW dragons are molded on faction insignia, the notable exception being the black dragon. The two flying dragons here are nicely posed, but they are covered in faction armour, you only want them if you want the army and if you want the army there you go. But if you are not into Sigmarines then you can find far better dragon options elsewhere.


n'oublie jamais - It appears I now have to highlight this again.

It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. By the juice of the brew my thoughts aquire speed, my mind becomes strained, the strain becomes a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. 
   
Made in gb
Jovial Plaguebearer of Nurgle






Issue 1 scheduled for release 31.08.22. So it begins.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Actually, scratch that... doesn't appear as clear cut as that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/08/10 17:57:46


Chaos | Tau | Space Wolves
NH | SCE | Nurgle
 
   
Made in us
Powerful Chaos Warrior





Florida

I wish they offered this in the states.

McDougall Designs Wargaming Retailer

McDougall Designs Dakka News thread.

McDougall Designs Facebook page

We are an Authorized Retailer of Wargames Atlantic and Mantic games, and carry shieldwolf and fireforge (among others) from distributors. 
   
Made in gb
Jovial Plaguebearer of Nurgle






There is something definitely not quite right about this magazine. No idea yet but something's off. Suppose we'll just have to wait a couple weeks to see what the problem is.

Chaos | Tau | Space Wolves
NH | SCE | Nurgle
 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




What makes you say that?
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





 lare2 wrote:
There is something definitely not quite right about this magazine. No idea yet but something's off. Suppose we'll just have to wait a couple weeks to see what the problem is.

What?
Why?
Looks exactly on point as normal.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Tampa,FL USA

 McDougall Designs wrote:
I wish they offered this in the states.


They probably will but after a delay like Imperium.

You know you're really doing something when you can make strangers hate you over the Internet. - Mauleed
Just remember folks. Panic. Panic all the time. It's the only way to survive, other than just being mindful, of course-but geez, that's so friggin' boring. - Aegis Grimm
Hallowed is the All Pie
The Before Times: A Place That Celebrates The World That Was 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





I’d be shocked if it didn’t go to the US. Again like is standard now.
Has the third run made it there yet?
Not sure how behind the schedule is
   
Made in gb
Jovial Plaguebearer of Nurgle






 Platuan4th wrote:
 McDougall Designs wrote:
I wish they offered this in the states.


They probably will but after a delay like Imperium.


No idea. Fauxhammer, the chap who gives a lot of very accurate and very useful info on these mags and who watches here as well, is being very cagey about it on fb. He definitely knows something about it that he can't share. From what he's saying, it doesn't sound positive.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Danny76 wrote:
 lare2 wrote:
There is something definitely not quite right about this magazine. No idea yet but something's off. Suppose we'll just have to wait a couple weeks to see what the problem is.

What?
Why?
Looks exactly on point as normal.


Apologies. Meant to quote the above in my previous comment.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/08/13 07:13:43


Chaos | Tau | Space Wolves
NH | SCE | Nurgle
 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






Wouldn't surprise me with their production and logistics issues if it got delayed. That's a lot of plastic they need to produce for the magazine.
   
Made in gb
Jovial Plaguebearer of Nurgle






 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
Wouldn't surprise me with their production and logistics issues if it got delayed. That's a lot of plastic they need to produce for the magazine.


Fingers crossed it's just delays.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/08/13 18:19:47


Chaos | Tau | Space Wolves
NH | SCE | Nurgle
 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Rumour websites are rumour websites.
It’s all clicks.
I see no reason this won’t run just like the other three successful runs.

From whenever it starts, they’ve had varied starts post trial period. So this just may be a bit longer.
Unless not enough of the trial copies/initial subscriptions sold to warrant bothering.
But personally I don’t see that being the case.
   
Made in nl
Drop Trooper with Demo Charge




It's either been canned which is possible as it didn't seem to generate the buzz the first three mags did. Or they have delayed it.

It's possible that it is simply delays in logistics but with the sprues manufactured by Nottingham and the paper mags printed in Europe the supply chain isn't as stretched as GW's normal reliance on paper products from China. I could see it simply being fatigue, they have been putting out these mags with a ~£40 per month commitment since August 2018. They might simply be waiting for Imperium to wrap up rather then dilute the market with two mags at once

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/08/14 20:38:20


 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: