Switch Theme:

Warhammer 40k: Forgebane (Necrons vs AdMech box)  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in pl
Dakka Veteran





Scarey Nerd wrote:
unsure on Ld

And this is going to be relevant how exactly?
   
Made in us
Heroic Senior Officer





Murray, Kentucky

 Irbis wrote:
Scarey Nerd wrote:
unsure on Ld

And this is going to be relevant how exactly?

Certain pyskers powers test on it

'I've played Guard for years, and the best piece of advice is to always utilize the Guard's best special rule: "we roll more dice than you" ' - stormleader

"Sector Imperialis: 25mm and 40mm Round Bases (40+20) 26€ (Including 32 skulls for basing) " GW design philosophy in a nutshell  
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Perfected Haemonculi Living Sculpture






 Therion wrote:
The points cost will decide everything. At 150 points the Armiger is great. At 250 points its trash. The closer to 150 it gets the more these Forgebane sets will fly off the shelves.


I could see it being 150 unequipped, but I would be stunned if this thing is less then 200 with it's weapons. A dreadnought costs over 160 with a twin las canon and fist.

   
Made in us
Chaplain with Hate to Spare





Sioux Falls, SD

 Red Corsair wrote:
 Therion wrote:
The points cost will decide everything. At 150 points the Armiger is great. At 250 points its trash. The closer to 150 it gets the more these Forgebane sets will fly off the shelves.


I could see it being 150 unequipped, but I would be stunned if this thing is less then 200 with it's weapons. A dreadnought costs over 160 with a twin las canon and fist.
I am leaning toward that too, but considering Knights are already overpriced compared to like items, I wouldn't be surprised to see these things come in at 250 a piece.

I have 450 pts in my Ad Mech+Knights list for these guys, I am really hoping to be able to fit two of these guys in.

5250 pts
3850 pts
Deathwatch: 1500 pts
Imperial Knights: 375 pts
30K 2500 pts 
   
Made in fi
Jervis Johnson






You’re probably right but they really aren’t competitive at 250 pts. Neither their firepower or survivability justifies a cost like that and they have no special rules. A 101p Hellhound is about 75% as survivable (few wounds down, no inv save but in 8th thats really minor).

So, 125p for the Chassis, 20p extra for the firepower, 40p for the close combat to not tax it too hard and its competitive at 185p or so. 250p just makes it another one of those fun models nobody uses.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2018/03/16 17:42:32


 
   
Made in pl
Dakka Veteran





 MrMoustaffa wrote:
 Irbis wrote:
Scarey Nerd wrote:
unsure on Ld

And this is going to be relevant how exactly?

Certain pyskers powers test on it

I am pretty sure most of these can't affect vehicles...
   
Made in gb
Deranged Necron Destroyer





Leicester, England

 Irbis wrote:
Scarey Nerd wrote:
unsure on Ld

And this is going to be relevant how exactly?


Well, it's relevant in that it's part of the statline, so even if it barely sees use it's pertinent to what I was talking about.

Setekh the Eternal, Phaeron of the Kopakh Dynasty, Regent of Nephthys 7660pts  
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.


A Warhammer World staffer posted up a comparison photo.

So that is the Onager sized base.
   
Made in nl
[MOD]
Indomitable hell rider of glorious renown






The muddy marshes and bogs of the Netherlands


Be ash and cinder forevermore!

V - 11 | T - 3 | 敗 - 40

DakkaDakka | Where you thank the mods for baning you! 
   
Made in us
Heroic Senior Officer





Murray, Kentucky

Those suckers are bigger than I thought. Nice

'I've played Guard for years, and the best piece of advice is to always utilize the Guard's best special rule: "we roll more dice than you" ' - stormleader

"Sector Imperialis: 25mm and 40mm Round Bases (40+20) 26€ (Including 32 skulls for basing) " GW design philosophy in a nutshell  
   
Made in us
Mutilatin' Mad Dok






They look fantastic!

   
Made in us
Long-Range Land Speeder Pilot




San Jose, CA

I'm really digging the Armigers compared to the normal knight. I hope there is an option in the future for a missile launcher for the carapace.

But they look badass next to the knight.
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

Racerguy180 wrote:
I'm really digging the Armigers compared to the normal knight. I hope there is an option in the future for a missile launcher for the carapace.

But they look badass next to the knight.

Since this is (strangely given the HPB carapace mount) the 'anti-monster/vehicle' variant, I think we'll likely see a missile mount with an anti-infantry variant.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Perfected Haemonculi Living Sculpture






 Therion wrote:
You’re probably right but they really aren’t competitive at 250 pts. Neither their firepower or survivability justifies a cost like that and they have no special rules. A 101p Hellhound is about 75% as survivable (few wounds down, no inv save but in 8th thats really minor).

So, 125p for the Chassis, 20p extra for the firepower, 40p for the close combat to not tax it too hard and its competitive at 185p or so. 250p just makes it another one of those fun models nobody uses.


It's not that I think your wrong, I agree with you actually. But they kind of wrote themselves in a corner with pricing for other like units. I mean look at the contemptor as well. But maybe in the March update (when ever it comes) they will lower the high cost of the smaller walker family and then I can see it happening.

Looking at the demon engines in the chaos book I could see the lower price if it didn't do both combat and shooting, and if it's skills were 4+... Right now the mauler is 152 and the forgefiend is closer to 190. Both are not great units and only do one phase really. GW likes over pricing units that do both phases.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/03/16 19:59:15


   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




Interestingly Element Games did a social media post about an hour ago touting that Forgebane was available to preorder "now". That has since been pulled. Did they jump the gun as usually other reatailers are in line with GW's 10am (UK) preorder time?

Incidentally their link did not lead to a Forgebane product page but they do have a product titled "test product delete" under the 40k part with a release date of March 24th.
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

ListenToMeWarriors wrote:
Interestingly Element Games did a social media post about an hour ago touting that Forgebane was available to preorder "now". That has since been pulled. Did they jump the gun as usually other reatailers are in line with GW's 10am (UK) preorder time?

Incidentally their link did not lead to a Forgebane product page but they do have a product titled "test product delete" under the 40k part with a release date of March 24th.

Probably. A painting streamer showing off her Adepticon army was raffling/giving away a Forgebane set through them I think so they might have been thinking it was okay to put it up.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Kanluwen wrote:

A Warhammer World staffer posted up a comparison photo.

So that is the Onager sized base.


They look so good together I hope the rumours about a 2nd Armiger variant and another large Knight type pan out as well.

*super excited inner twelve year old*
And then GW could do more Stompa and Gorkanaut variants, and maybe a plastic Squigoth and Mega dread?
And more Eldar Knights. New Bright Stallions and Towering Destroyers would be so cool in 40k scale!
And some unique Chaos Knights that are more than the Imperial version with spikes!
And bigger Nid monsters!
And more big Tau suits!
And really big Necron Canoptek constructs!
*super excited inner twelve year old hyperventilates and has to go calm down*
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




Isn't the Onager base round rather than oval?
   
Made in gb
Khorne Rhino Driver with Destroyer




ListenToMeWarriors wrote:
Isn't the Onager base round rather than oval?


Yeah this looks nearer a flyer base I shape and size
   
Made in us
Major General





Florence, KY

Dudeface wrote:
ListenToMeWarriors wrote:
Isn't the Onager base round rather than oval?


Yeah this looks nearer a flyer base I shape and size

Which isn't exclusively a flying base https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Citadel-120x92mm-Oval-Base

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

ListenToMeWarriors wrote:
Isn't the Onager base round rather than oval?

Spoiler:

What shape are the Armigers on?

It's a round base. The Knight is on an oval base.
   
Made in us
Major General





Florence, KY

New Zealand preorder is up:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Warhammer-40000-Forgebane-2018-ENG

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in au
[MOD]
Cutting stuff up and bunging it back together in new and interesting ways.






Under the couch

Really wasn't keen on the Armigers from the initial pics, but I think they're growing on me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/03/16 22:17:36


   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

Preorders up.

Across the galaxy a fresh conflict is coming to a head between man and alien – or rather between factions that once laid claim to those terms, but have become entities far stranger and more deadly than beings of flesh and blood. Battle lines are being drawn on Amontep II, a planet rich in the mysterious substance that once held the tides of the warp at bay, and a hundred worlds besides. The Adeptus Mechanicus have become aware of a strange mineral bounty that lies within their domain, and are going to extreme lengths to secure it – but the Necrons who have long slumbered under Amontep II are rising. The stage is set for a war that could define the future of the Great Rift, and perhaps even the Imperium itself…

Forgebane is a great-value boxed set containing 2 armies split across the forces of the Adeptus Mechanicus – cybernetically augmented post-human soldiers of the Machine God – and the Necrons – an ancient, slumbering civilisation of soulless automata whose rousing is changing the face of the galaxy. You can use these miniatures to act out the scenarios described in the Forgebane book – 3 connected missions that recreate the desperate battle for Amontep II – and use them to expand your games of Warhammer 40,000. Included in the box:

Forgebane

A 40-page softback book containing:

- A New Awakening: the events of Forgebane – the discovery of blackstone deposits, and the savage battle between the Necrons and Adeptus Mechanicus to secure them;
- The Machine Cult: an overview of the Adeptus Mechanicus, and their constant crusade of acquisition which has led them to Amontep II;
- An Ancient Evil: a brief history of the Necrons, their own motivations regarding the mysterious blackstone, and the terror of their awakening;
- The Empire Beneath: a galactic map featuring the location of forge worlds, knight worlds, fallen forge worlds and Necron dynasties;
- Knight Worlds: describing the illustrious histories of the Imperial Knights, and introducing the Knight Armigers – long-legged walkers designed to strike hard and fast;
- Quarry Worlds: an overview of planets designated by the Imperium as Quarry Worlds – this also introduces the Necron Cryptek – once the grand vizier of the Necron courts, now degraded and dangerously insane;
- Detailed background information on each unit included in the box;
- A miniatures showcase featuring a beautifully painted examples of the miniatures in Forgebane.

Rules

- Atmospheric Conditions: rules which represent the industry-ruined atmosphere of Amontep II, including corrosive rains able to burn units and dust storms which reduce visibility;
- 3 Echoes of War missions, which can be linked together to form a small campaign echoing the narrative of Forgebane;
- Defenders of the Forge Worlds: rules for the included Adeptus Mechanicus miniatures. This includes 3 datasheets, Canticles of the Omnissiah and specific army abilities, as well as example colour schemes for the Ryza, Lucious, Metalica and Mars forge worlds, along with the heraldries of a House Raven Armiger Warglaive;
- The Dynastic Legions: rules for the included Necron miniatures. This includes 4 datasheets and specific army abilities, as well as example colour schemes for Novoth, Mephrit, Sautekh, and Nihilakh dynasties;
- Points values for every included miniature, for use in Matched Play;
- A fold-out sheet containing the core rules for Warhammer 40,000.

Miniatures

Necrons

- 1 Necron Cryptek, covered in ornate armour featuring intricate geometrical patterns and wielding a tall staff of light. His segmented cloak connects to a Canoptek Scarab, allowing for flight, and the included base features pieces of ruined Necron architecture;
- 1 set of 5 Necron Immortals, who can be armed with your choice of gauss blasters or tesla carbines;
- 1 set of 5 Necron Lychguard, who carry bulky weaponry including heavy-bladed warscythes, though some carry hyperphase swords and dispersion shields;
- 1 set of 3 Canoptek Wraiths, armed with vicious claws, transparticle beaners and particle casters, able to phase through terrain;
- 1 Necrons transfer sheet.

Adeptus Mechanicus

- 2 Armiger Warglaives, smaller than Imperial Knights but taller than most Imperial vehicles, they wield reaper chain cleavers, thermal spears and carapace-mounted heavy stubbers – the latter can be replaced with a meltagun;
- 1 set of 10 Skitarii Rangers, with a host of weapons including arc pistol, arc rifle, plasma caliver, transuranic arquebus, taser goad and arc maul, with options for an Alpha, the unit leader;
- 1 Tech-Priest Dominus, who comes with a volkite blaster, a macrostubber, an eradication ray, a phosphor serpenta and a power axe;
- 2 transfer sheets: an Adeptus mechanicus sheet and a specific Armiger Warglaive sheet.

Spoiler:







The images of the Armiger sprues, interestingly enough, do not feature the weapon sprue.
   
Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator





on the forum. Obviously

 Kanluwen wrote:
Preorders up.

Across the galaxy a fresh conflict is coming to a head between man and alien – or rather between factions that once laid claim to those terms, but have become entities far stranger and more deadly than beings of flesh and blood. Battle lines are being drawn on Amontep II, a planet rich in the mysterious substance that once held the tides of the warp at bay, and a hundred worlds besides. The Adeptus Mechanicus have become aware of a strange mineral bounty that lies within their domain, and are going to extreme lengths to secure it – but the Necrons who have long slumbered under Amontep II are rising. The stage is set for a war that could define the future of the Great Rift, and perhaps even the Imperium itself…

Forgebane is a great-value boxed set containing 2 armies split across the forces of the Adeptus Mechanicus – cybernetically augmented post-human soldiers of the Machine God – and the Necrons – an ancient, slumbering civilisation of soulless automata whose rousing is changing the face of the galaxy. You can use these miniatures to act out the scenarios described in the Forgebane book – 3 connected missions that recreate the desperate battle for Amontep II – and use them to expand your games of Warhammer 40,000. Included in the box:

Forgebane

A 40-page softback book containing:

- A New Awakening: the events of Forgebane – the discovery of blackstone deposits, and the savage battle between the Necrons and Adeptus Mechanicus to secure them;
- The Machine Cult: an overview of the Adeptus Mechanicus, and their constant crusade of acquisition which has led them to Amontep II;
- An Ancient Evil: a brief history of the Necrons, their own motivations regarding the mysterious blackstone, and the terror of their awakening;
- The Empire Beneath: a galactic map featuring the location of forge worlds, knight worlds, fallen forge worlds and Necron dynasties;
- Knight Worlds: describing the illustrious histories of the Imperial Knights, and introducing the Knight Armigers – long-legged walkers designed to strike hard and fast;
- Quarry Worlds: an overview of planets designated by the Imperium as Quarry Worlds – this also introduces the Necron Cryptek – once the grand vizier of the Necron courts, now degraded and dangerously insane;
- Detailed background information on each unit included in the box;
- A miniatures showcase featuring a beautifully painted examples of the miniatures in Forgebane.

Rules

- Atmospheric Conditions: rules which represent the industry-ruined atmosphere of Amontep II, including corrosive rains able to burn units and dust storms which reduce visibility;
- 3 Echoes of War missions, which can be linked together to form a small campaign echoing the narrative of Forgebane;
- Defenders of the Forge Worlds: rules for the included Adeptus Mechanicus miniatures. This includes 3 datasheets, Canticles of the Omnissiah and specific army abilities, as well as example colour schemes for the Ryza, Lucious, Metalica and Mars forge worlds, along with the heraldries of a House Raven Armiger Warglaive;
- The Dynastic Legions: rules for the included Necron miniatures. This includes 4 datasheets and specific army abilities, as well as example colour schemes for Novoth, Mephrit, Sautekh, and Nihilakh dynasties;
- Points values for every included miniature, for use in Matched Play;
- A fold-out sheet containing the core rules for Warhammer 40,000.

Miniatures

Necrons

- 1 Necron Cryptek, covered in ornate armour featuring intricate geometrical patterns and wielding a tall staff of light. His segmented cloak connects to a Canoptek Scarab, allowing for flight, and the included base features pieces of ruined Necron architecture;
- 1 set of 5 Necron Immortals, who can be armed with your choice of gauss blasters or tesla carbines;
- 1 set of 5 Necron Lychguard, who carry bulky weaponry including heavy-bladed warscythes, though some carry hyperphase swords and dispersion shields;
- 1 set of 3 Canoptek Wraiths, armed with vicious claws, transparticle beaners and particle casters, able to phase through terrain;
- 1 Necrons transfer sheet.

Adeptus Mechanicus

- 2 Armiger Warglaives, smaller than Imperial Knights but taller than most Imperial vehicles, they wield reaper chain cleavers, thermal spears and carapace-mounted heavy stubbers – the latter can be replaced with a meltagun;
- 1 set of 10 Skitarii Rangers, with a host of weapons including arc pistol, arc rifle, plasma caliver, transuranic arquebus, taser goad and arc maul, with options for an Alpha, the unit leader;
- 1 Tech-Priest Dominus, who comes with a volkite blaster, a macrostubber, an eradication ray, a phosphor serpenta and a power axe;
- 2 transfer sheets: an Adeptus mechanicus sheet and a specific Armiger Warglaive sheet.

Spoiler:







The images of the Armiger sprues, interestingly enough, do not feature the weapon sprue.


Why is it 314 dollars in New Zealand? That is absurdly expensive. Is it like Japanese Yen where each yen is more like a cent than a dollar?

What I have
LM
What I like stomping


Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

 
   
Made in au
[MOD]
Cutting stuff up and bunging it back together in new and interesting ways.






Under the couch

 CthuluIsSpy wrote:

Why is it 314 dollars in New Zealand? That is absurdly expensive. Is it like Japanese Yen where each yen is more like a cent than a dollar?

Because New Zealand stole GW's lunch money when they were little, and so it's the one place that GW hates more than Australia,.

   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut







 insaniak wrote:
Really wasn't keen on the Onagers from the initial pics, but I think they're growing on me.


If the Onagers haven't grown on you by now, insaniak, I doubt they're going to What do you think of the Armiger, though?

Latest blog post - Unboxing: Oathsworn Miniatures: Burrows & Badgers - New Blood - 29/05/2017

Dakka plog attempt #3 - A miscellany of miniatures

2017's "A Tale of Many Gamers Painting Challenge" - Part 1 - January to June - Time to get your paint on...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.
 
   
Made in nl
[MOD]
Indomitable hell rider of glorious renown






The muddy marshes and bogs of the Netherlands

Judging from the decals sheet for the Armiger, they may actually be sold in sets of two in the future.


Be ash and cinder forevermore!

V - 11 | T - 3 | 敗 - 40

DakkaDakka | Where you thank the mods for baning you! 
   
Made in us
Major General





Florence, KY

Nice to see some of the non-Adeptus Mechanicus houses represented on the transfer sheet,

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

 Ghaz wrote:
Nice to see some of the non-Adeptus Mechanicus houses represented on the transfer sheet,

Indeed! I really like those Cadmus transfers...were they on the Knight transfer sheet as well or no?
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: