Switch Theme:

Codex Adeptus Custodes 9th Edition Tactica: Auric Mortalis  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in de
Mysterious Techpriest






Excellent points. Many thanks!
I'll be sure to report how it goes (hopefully in ma favour )

Data author for Battlescribe
Report bugs here:
https://github.com/BSData/wh40k/issues 
   
Made in us
Perfect Shot Black Templar Predator Pilot






Best of luck in your game should be a fun matchup!
   
Made in us
Pyro Pilot of a Triach Stalker





Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high

Got an RTT coming up. Trying to decide between my recently buffed Necrons, and my as of yet untested Custodes with the new dex. Was thinking of this list. Thoughts?

Spoiler:
++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [101 PL, 10CP, 1,999pts] ++
Detachment Type / Shield Host: Adeptus Custodes, Emperor's Chosen

+ HQ +
Blade Champion [7 PL, -2CP, 120pts]: (Emperor's Chosen): Auric Exemplar, 3. Superior Creation, Eagle's Eye, Stratagem: The Emperor's Heroes, Stratagem: Victor of the Blood Games
Trajann Valoris [9 PL, 1CP, 160pts] WARLORD

+ Troops +
Custodian Guard Squad [7 PL, 150pts]
. 3x Custodian w/ Sentinel Blade & Praesidium Shield: 3x Praesidium Shield, 3x Sentinel Blade
Prosecutors [3 PL, 60pts]: Prosecutor Sister Superior
. 4x Prosecutor: 4x Boltgun
Prosecutors [3 PL, 60pts]: Prosecutor Sister Superior
. 4x Prosecutor: 4x Boltgun
Sagittarum Custodians [7 PL, 159pts]
. 3x Sagittarum w/ Misericordia: 3x Adrastus Bolt Caliver, 3x Misericordia

+ Elites +
Allarus Custodians [12 PL, 240pts]
. 4x Allarus w/ Castellan Axe & Misericordia: 4x Balistus Grenade Launcher, 4x Castellan Axe, 4x Misericordia

Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought [9 PL, -1CP, 160pts]: 2x Lastrum Storm Bolter, Stratagem: Eternal Penitent
Vexilus Praetor [6 PL, 105pts]: Guardian Spear, Vexilla Defensor

+ Fast Attack +
Vertus Praetors [12 PL, 255pts]
. 3x Praetor w/ Salvo Launcher & Misericordia: 3x Interceptor Lance, 3x Misericordia, 3x Salvo Launcher
Vertus Praetors [12 PL, 255pts]
. 3x Praetor w/ Salvo Launcher & Misericordia: 3x Interceptor Lance, 3x Misericordia, 3x Salvo Launcher

+ Heavy Support +

Telemon Heavy Dreadnought [14 PL, 275pts]: Arachnus Storm Cannon
. Telemon Caestus

++ Total: [101 PL, 10CP, 1,999pts] ++


Bedouin Dynasty: 10000 pts
The Silver Lances: 4000 pts
The Custodes Winter Watch 4000 pts

MajorStoffer wrote:
...
Sternguard though, those guys are all about kicking ass. They'd chew bubble gum as well, but bubble gum is heretical. Only tau chew gum. 
   
Made in us
Damsel of the Lady




 iGuy91 wrote:
Got an RTT coming up. Trying to decide between my recently buffed Necrons, and my as of yet untested Custodes with the new dex. Was thinking of this list. Thoughts?

Spoiler:
++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [101 PL, 10CP, 1,999pts] ++
Detachment Type / Shield Host: Adeptus Custodes, Emperor's Chosen

+ HQ +
Blade Champion [7 PL, -2CP, 120pts]: (Emperor's Chosen): Auric Exemplar, 3. Superior Creation, Eagle's Eye, Stratagem: The Emperor's Heroes, Stratagem: Victor of the Blood Games
Trajann Valoris [9 PL, 1CP, 160pts] WARLORD

+ Troops +
Custodian Guard Squad [7 PL, 150pts]
. 3x Custodian w/ Sentinel Blade & Praesidium Shield: 3x Praesidium Shield, 3x Sentinel Blade
Prosecutors [3 PL, 60pts]: Prosecutor Sister Superior
. 4x Prosecutor: 4x Boltgun
Prosecutors [3 PL, 60pts]: Prosecutor Sister Superior
. 4x Prosecutor: 4x Boltgun
Sagittarum Custodians [7 PL, 159pts]
. 3x Sagittarum w/ Misericordia: 3x Adrastus Bolt Caliver, 3x Misericordia

+ Elites +
Allarus Custodians [12 PL, 240pts]
. 4x Allarus w/ Castellan Axe & Misericordia: 4x Balistus Grenade Launcher, 4x Castellan Axe, 4x Misericordia

Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought [9 PL, -1CP, 160pts]: 2x Lastrum Storm Bolter, Stratagem: Eternal Penitent
Vexilus Praetor [6 PL, 105pts]: Guardian Spear, Vexilla Defensor

+ Fast Attack +
Vertus Praetors [12 PL, 255pts]
. 3x Praetor w/ Salvo Launcher & Misericordia: 3x Interceptor Lance, 3x Misericordia, 3x Salvo Launcher
Vertus Praetors [12 PL, 255pts]
. 3x Praetor w/ Salvo Launcher & Misericordia: 3x Interceptor Lance, 3x Misericordia, 3x Salvo Launcher

+ Heavy Support +

Telemon Heavy Dreadnought [14 PL, 275pts]: Arachnus Storm Cannon
. Telemon Caestus

++ Total: [101 PL, 10CP, 1,999pts] ++



The only real critique is that, in the theorizing we have to go on right now, a 4-man Allarus squad just isn't considered that useful, the Blade Champion is generally considered inferior to a jetbike Captain (a solid guy, just outclassed by commander McBike) and the Telemon is considered iffy. That's all just theory though because we don't have much real world data yet. Otherwise looks strong!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/01/28 18:23:11


 
   
Made in us
Monster-Slaying Daemonhunter




In response to the Redditors:

1. Trajann definately under costed. Needs to be 180+ for what he brings to the table.
2. Bikes are not OP in the current Meta, only against crappy lists that don't plan for vehicles. Bikes are literally one of our dumbest units right now, next to Allarus or Andrastite spear guardians. Plus they don't even have Obsec. Not sure where they're getting this "Double Obsec" nonsense from.
3. Custodes getting nerfed out of the gate might actually be a good thing. It would force GW to take a second look at us and give us proper weapons, i.e. 3 damage axes!
4. 4++ against MWs on a single sub faction being a gripe is about the clearest proof that this whole thing is a troll. Most people are going shadowkeepers, and the 4++ is rarely a deciding factor, unless you are playing GK, TS, or Eldar. In which case, get fethed.

We are no where near top of the Meta, but we should have better axes, bikes, and faction bonuses.
   
Made in us
Damsel of the Lady




FezzikDaBullgryn wrote:
In response to the Redditors:

1. Trajann definately under costed. Needs to be 180+ for what he brings to the table.
2. Bikes are not OP in the current Meta, only against crappy lists that don't plan for vehicles. Bikes are literally one of our dumbest units right now, next to Allarus or Andrastite spear guardians. Plus they don't even have Obsec. Not sure where they're getting this "Double Obsec" nonsense from.
3. Custodes getting nerfed out of the gate might actually be a good thing. It would force GW to take a second look at us and give us proper weapons, i.e. 3 damage axes!
4. 4++ against MWs on a single sub faction being a gripe is about the clearest proof that this whole thing is a troll. Most people are going shadowkeepers, and the 4++ is rarely a deciding factor, unless you are playing GK, TS, or Eldar. In which case, get fethed.

We are no where near top of the Meta, but we should have better axes, bikes, and faction bonuses.


How are bikes dumb? I mean, they're superbly good. If anything, I'd say their only major design flaw is that they are too good at too many roles simultaneously, thus throwing off internal Codex balance.

I think most are taking Emperor's Chosen because the free re-roll works so well into MSU, but there's no stats yet unless someone has really been combing the LVO lists.

I'd still take Trajann at 200 but I hope it doesn't come to that.
   
Made in at
Longtime Dakkanaut




I really hope we won't perform too well at LVO. It takes some time for the meta to settle, the new missions are going to change quite a bit....but if the AoW guys place well with custodes now at LVO, the redditors are immediately going to screech nerf.

Trajann at 160p is pushing it though, I don't think anyone can deny that.
   
Made in us
Monster-Slaying Daemonhunter




Lets be honest, Trajann is still an auto take at 200. He outperforms every named character in his league right now. Not counting lords of war or monster characters. Although I'd love to see him get more like Bobby G, which even the fluff hints at him being a match for martially.
   
Made in de
Fresh-Faced New User




Well i think he should just kick ass because he is the Captain General otherwise it would just be a joke... i mean if a "normal" human like Morvenn Vahl even with her suit can kick ass why should he not... .
I think not a few guys at reddit don't even know the full rules of the actual Custodes if i look at their comments... .

If he is performs to well for his points just make them higher.

@FezzikDaBullgryn
Did you make your own Blade-Champion miniature?

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at 2022/01/29 00:21:41


 
   
Made in us
Perfect Shot Black Templar Predator Pilot






 iGuy91 wrote:
Got an RTT coming up. Trying to decide between my recently buffed Necrons, and my as of yet untested Custodes with the new dex. Was thinking of this list. Thoughts?

Spoiler:
++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [101 PL, 10CP, 1,999pts] ++
Detachment Type / Shield Host: Adeptus Custodes, Emperor's Chosen

+ HQ +
Blade Champion [7 PL, -2CP, 120pts]: (Emperor's Chosen): Auric Exemplar, 3. Superior Creation, Eagle's Eye, Stratagem: The Emperor's Heroes, Stratagem: Victor of the Blood Games
Trajann Valoris [9 PL, 1CP, 160pts] WARLORD

+ Troops +
Custodian Guard Squad [7 PL, 150pts]
. 3x Custodian w/ Sentinel Blade & Praesidium Shield: 3x Praesidium Shield, 3x Sentinel Blade
Prosecutors [3 PL, 60pts]: Prosecutor Sister Superior
. 4x Prosecutor: 4x Boltgun
Prosecutors [3 PL, 60pts]: Prosecutor Sister Superior
. 4x Prosecutor: 4x Boltgun
Sagittarum Custodians [7 PL, 159pts]
. 3x Sagittarum w/ Misericordia: 3x Adrastus Bolt Caliver, 3x Misericordia

+ Elites +
Allarus Custodians [12 PL, 240pts]
. 4x Allarus w/ Castellan Axe & Misericordia: 4x Balistus Grenade Launcher, 4x Castellan Axe, 4x Misericordia

Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought [9 PL, -1CP, 160pts]: 2x Lastrum Storm Bolter, Stratagem: Eternal Penitent
Vexilus Praetor [6 PL, 105pts]: Guardian Spear, Vexilla Defensor

+ Fast Attack +
Vertus Praetors [12 PL, 255pts]
. 3x Praetor w/ Salvo Launcher & Misericordia: 3x Interceptor Lance, 3x Misericordia, 3x Salvo Launcher
Vertus Praetors [12 PL, 255pts]
. 3x Praetor w/ Salvo Launcher & Misericordia: 3x Interceptor Lance, 3x Misericordia, 3x Salvo Launcher

+ Heavy Support +

Telemon Heavy Dreadnought [14 PL, 275pts]: Arachnus Storm Cannon
. Telemon Caestus

++ Total: [101 PL, 10CP, 1,999pts] ++



SoS are great for cheap ObSec but they're far less durable so you may have some issues with staying power and keeping your backfield objective holders alive. Me personally I'd drop the Terminators & possibly Telemon for more Custodian Guard Squads to push forward with Trajann and the Blade Champion. You can also add in a Knight Centura with the Silent Judge trait to flip objectives.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Tiberias wrote:
I really hope we won't perform too well at LVO. It takes some time for the meta to settle, the new missions are going to change quite a bit....but if the AoW guys place well with custodes now at LVO, the redditors are immediately going to screech nerf.

Trajann at 160p is pushing it though, I don't think anyone can deny that.


day 1, Custodes is the top list so far. Its a triple dreadnought list

Gone into death guard, which is sadly a gimme, goffs with ghazkul and triple killrigs, which is a tougher matchup, but I think dreadnoughts are a pretty good counter, and then deathwing. Poor deathwing.
   
Made in us
Never Forget Isstvan!






Custodes isnt top. Drukari still have that title. We have 15 undefeated players out of 60? that took custodes, which is above average but not top faction yet.

John lennon lost round 1 against crusher stampede cause its a very tough matchup as well so he's out of the running to win it all.

JOIN MY CRUSADE and gain 4000 RT points!
http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-PLCIKYCABW8PG 
   
Made in it
Fresh-Faced New User




I played last night against new tau and i was tabled at turn 3. It was a nightimare.
   
Made in us
Monster-Slaying Daemonhunter




I love that despite every theory crafted here, on what is essentially the Sports Radio of 40k, a tripple Dread list is still the top competitor.
   
Made in us
Damsel of the Lady




FezzikDaBullgryn wrote:
I love that despite every theory crafted here, on what is essentially the Sports Radio of 40k, a tripple Dread list is still the top competitor.


It's only R3. Let's see if he out performs Harpster and Lennon by the end.
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




stratigo wrote:
Tiberias wrote:
I really hope we won't perform too well at LVO. It takes some time for the meta to settle, the new missions are going to change quite a bit....but if the AoW guys place well with custodes now at LVO, the redditors are immediately going to screech nerf.

Trajann at 160p is pushing it though, I don't think anyone can deny that.


day 1, Custodes is the top list so far. Its a triple dreadnought list

Gone into death guard, which is sadly a gimme, goffs with ghazkul and triple killrigs, which is a tougher matchup, but I think dreadnoughts are a pretty good counter, and then deathwing. Poor deathwing.


Poor Deathwing? Personally I think they’re one of our worst matchups. They basically out tank us point for point, and their Knights are perfect for wiping us on the counter strike. They pack D3 and damage reduction, plus a fantastic psychic discipline, which we notably lack. Everything has counterplay, obviously, but in a slugfest they’re just plain excellent into us.
   
Made in de
Mysterious Techpriest






So a bit of feedback for my game today.
It was a total stomp. Like oof-levels of stomping.
And I did the stomping.
I mean his list was pretty bad in the first place, which he admitted to, but man.
Bikes picked up every TWC with salvos in T1.
After that,it was literally just clean up of marines, getting shot and chopped to little pieces.
Had him tabled Turn 3 and scored a total of 95 to 22. And the last 5 were only missing because there were only 3 characters to kill.
Didnt lose a single unit.

The Blade Champ felt like TOTAL overkill in a shadowkeepers list btw.
Might be the game, but once I go to 2k, I honestly think Allarus Cap in Praetorian Plate is the better choice.
Beefy enough and if required Lockwarden is still available. Will have to see if this pattern repeats though.
Besides that, remove Vexila, add Galatus/Achillus/Telemon and one has a pretty mixed, fluffy, fun list to play around.




Spoiler:
++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment Command Cost

Detachment Type / Shield Host: Adeptus Custodes, Emperor's Chosen

+ Stratagems +

Stratagem: Open the Vaults: 2x Additional Relics

+ HQ +

Shield-Captain in Allarus Terminator Armor: 3. Superior Creation, 4. Impregnable Mind, Castellan Axe, Praetorian Plate, Stratagem: The Emperor's Heroes, Stratagem: Victor of the Blood Games, Unstoppable Destroyer

Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike: 5. Radiant Mantle, Castellan's Mark, Misericordia, Salvo Launcher, Stratagem: The Emperor's Heroes, Tip of the Spear

Trajann Valoris

+ Troops +

Custodian Guard Squad
. 3x Custodian w/ Sentinel Blade & Praesidium Shield: 3x Praesidium Shield, 3x Sentinel Blade

Custodian Guard Squad
. 3x Custodian w/ Sentinel Blade & Praesidium Shield: 3x Praesidium Shield, 3x Sentinel Blade

Prosecutors: Prosecutor Sister Superior
. 4x Prosecutor: 4x Boltgun

Prosecutors: Prosecutor Sister Superior
. 4x Prosecutor: 4x Boltgun

+ Elites +

Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought: 2x Lastrum Storm Bolter

Contemptor-Galatus Dreadnought

+ Fast Attack +

Vertus Praetors
. 3x Praetor w/ Salvo Launcher & Misericordia: 3x Interceptor Lance, 3x Misericordia, 3x Salvo Launcher

Vertus Praetors
. 3x Praetor w/ Salvo Launcher & Misericordia: 3x Interceptor Lance, 3x Misericordia, 3x Salvo Launcher

+ Heavy Support +

Telemon Heavy Dreadnought: Arachnus Storm Cannon
. Telemon Caestus


Funnily enough, you actually run out of good WLTs to give the Dawneagle Captain...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2022/01/29 18:14:09


Data author for Battlescribe
Report bugs here:
https://github.com/BSData/wh40k/issues 
   
Made in at
Longtime Dakkanaut




heru91 wrote:I played last night against new tau and i was tabled at turn 3. It was a nightimare.


Oh geez, what happened exactly? What were some aspects of Tau that were especially bad.

Thairne wrote:So a bit of feedback for my game today.
It was a total stomp. Like oof-levels of stomping.
And I did the stomping.
I mean his list was pretty bad in the first place, which he admitted to, but man.
Bikes picked up every TWC with salvos in T1.
After that,it was literally just clean up of marines, getting shot and chopped to little pieces.
Had him tabled Turn 3 and scored a total of 95 to 22. And the last 5 were only missing because there were only 3 characters to kill.
Didnt lose a single unit.

The Blade Champ felt like TOTAL overkill in a shadowkeepers list btw.
Might be the game, but once I go to 2k, I honestly think Allarus Cap in Praetorian Plate is the better choice.
Beefy enough and if required Lockwarden is still available. Will have to see if this pattern repeats though.
Besides that, remove Vexila, add Galatus/Achillus/Telemon and one has a pretty mixed, fluffy, fun list to play around.




Spoiler:
++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment Command Cost

Detachment Type / Shield Host: Adeptus Custodes, Emperor's Chosen

+ Stratagems +

Stratagem: Open the Vaults: 2x Additional Relics

+ HQ +

Shield-Captain in Allarus Terminator Armor: 3. Superior Creation, 4. Impregnable Mind, Castellan Axe, Praetorian Plate, Stratagem: The Emperor's Heroes, Stratagem: Victor of the Blood Games, Unstoppable Destroyer

Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike: 5. Radiant Mantle, Castellan's Mark, Misericordia, Salvo Launcher, Stratagem: The Emperor's Heroes, Tip of the Spear

Trajann Valoris

+ Troops +

Custodian Guard Squad
. 3x Custodian w/ Sentinel Blade & Praesidium Shield: 3x Praesidium Shield, 3x Sentinel Blade

Custodian Guard Squad
. 3x Custodian w/ Sentinel Blade & Praesidium Shield: 3x Praesidium Shield, 3x Sentinel Blade

Prosecutors: Prosecutor Sister Superior
. 4x Prosecutor: 4x Boltgun

Prosecutors: Prosecutor Sister Superior
. 4x Prosecutor: 4x Boltgun

+ Elites +

Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought: 2x Lastrum Storm Bolter

Contemptor-Galatus Dreadnought

+ Fast Attack +

Vertus Praetors
. 3x Praetor w/ Salvo Launcher & Misericordia: 3x Interceptor Lance, 3x Misericordia, 3x Salvo Launcher

Vertus Praetors
. 3x Praetor w/ Salvo Launcher & Misericordia: 3x Interceptor Lance, 3x Misericordia, 3x Salvo Launcher

+ Heavy Support +

Telemon Heavy Dreadnought: Arachnus Storm Cannon
. Telemon Caestus


Funnily enough, you actually run out of good WLTs to give the Dawneagle Captain...


Glad you had a fun game and you were able to deal with the thunder wolves. Hope your friend wasn't having a bad time.
   
Made in us
Perfect Shot Black Templar Predator Pilot






Ouch, sounds like a rough game for the Space Wolves player. Always hard when a few bad rolls in Round 1 means losing a costly part of your army.

Glad to hear your Custodes performed well.
   
Made in us
Monster-Slaying Daemonhunter




How did you hill off his Tunderwolf cav turn 1 with bikes? I'd be interested in what size board you were playing and who went first? I mean, it sounds like he took a super weak list. Do I recall correctly that he was taking two full squads of TWC?
   
Made in us
Damsel of the Lady




 The Red Hobbit wrote:
Ouch, sounds like a rough game for the Space Wolves player. Always hard when a few bad rolls in Round 1 means losing a costly part of your army.

Glad to hear your Custodes performed well.


This is one of the few things that actually can separate good and great 40k players. You need to build 'I will roll awful' into your plan and make sure you've developed a conceivable path of victory even when it happens. Stil might not work, but it's something you have to work in to your strategy.

Glad the match went well for you, Thairne!


Automatically Appended Next Post:
FezzikDaBullgryn wrote:
How did you hill off his Tunderwolf cav turn 1 with bikes? I'd be interested in what size board you were playing and who went first? I mean, it sounds like he took a super weak list. Do I recall correctly that he was taking two full squads of TWC?


I think it was 5 TWC and Thairne was taking 6 Jetbikes and a Jetbike Captain. So yeah, a little luck and you can do it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/01/29 19:04:53


 
   
Made in de
Mysterious Techpriest






The Red Hobbit wrote:Ouch, sounds like a rough game for the Space Wolves player. Always hard when a few bad rolls in Round 1 means losing a costly part of your army.

Glad to hear your Custodes performed well.


Luckily he went into the game fully expecting to lose.
His strategy was, I kid you not, to lose so badly that I felt bad for winning while he was just getting his expectations fulfilled so that he "won" still
So he had more fun than I did (though the satisfaction was REAL).

FezzikDaBullgryn wrote:How did you hill off his Tunderwolf cav turn 1 with bikes? I'd be interested in what size board you were playing and who went first? I mean, it sounds like he took a super weak list. Do I recall correctly that he was taking two full squads of TWC?


It was a full 6'x4' board. I was Defender/had first turn.
I have a picture of the beginning of T1... somewhere... together with one end of T3.
Essentially he was deploying aggressively because no matter what he did, I would get in a full round of shooting on the TWC.
I had actually more drops than he did due to reserves and transport, so I had 7 bikes waiting for his TWC to deploy.
All shots went into them (4 TWC this time) and he didnt make a single save while I made all wounds with Trajann support.

Audustum wrote:

This is one of the few things that actually can separate good and great 40k players. You need to build 'I will roll awful' into your plan and make sure you've developed a conceivable path of victory even when it happens. Stil might not work, but it's something you have to work in to your strategy.

Glad the match went well for you, Thairne!

I think it was 5 TWC and Thairne was taking 6 Jetbikes and a Jetbike Captain. So yeah, a little luck and you can do it.


Biggest issue this time is that I went with a pretty much optimized list (unless you count Voidsman at arms and other shenanigans) into a... I dont actually know what he planned to do list. It was basically all all infantry and the TWC. And on that level, Custodes Jetbikes trample all over that.
It was a pretty large power discrepancy. At 2k things would have shaken out differently because that would allow him some more heavy shooting (Stormfang, Gladiator, Eradicators etc), but my 2k list, posted above, can deal with that with threat overload.
[Thumb - 20220129_144216.jpg]

[Thumb - 20220129_155733.jpg]


Data author for Battlescribe
Report bugs here:
https://github.com/BSData/wh40k/issues 
   
Made in us
Never Forget Isstvan!






round 5 results coming in from LVO. 4 undefeated stode players atm. Jack harpster is smashing hard with an almost perfect score.

JOIN MY CRUSADE and gain 4000 RT points!
http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-PLCIKYCABW8PG 
   
Made in us
Monster-Slaying Daemonhunter




Expect nerfs the incomming.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




Well here’s a good example of why it isn’t a good idea to whine about your codex before it’s released. Was hoping we wouldn’t be this good, as I’m worried Tau and craftworlds will be worse. Then again, we still deserve nerfs let’s be honest.
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Lebanon NH

Eh, I think the "whining" that most people are complaining about is really just that a lot of us wanted our faction to be different than how they chose to represent it.

I think the thing we got is quite powerful, very nuanced, and absolutely not the style of play that I'm looking for.

Custodes went from being my absolutely simplest faction to play, for when I didn't want to invest a lot of mental energy and just go "pew pew! I'm a bunch of cool dudes!", to now, where it's... well, considerably more complicated than that.

Again: I'm not saying what we have is BAD, I suspect we are going to be seeing a lot of wins out there to disprove that notion, what I'm saying is that it's not the way that I wanted the faction to be represented.

I wanted really simple Star-Wars esque pew-pew, and what I got was really complicated and nuanced Literary Sci-fi esque deep dive into what it means to subvert expectations, foil entrenched systems and tactically achieve "victory."

Not BAD, but definitely different. That's all.
   
Made in us
Damsel of the Lady




Salt donkey wrote:
Well here’s a good example of why it isn’t a good idea to whine about your codex before it’s released. Was hoping we wouldn’t be this good, as I’m worried Tau and craftworlds will be worse. Then again, we still deserve nerfs let’s be honest.


We deserve no such thing except maybe some points on Trajann.
   
Made in us
Perfect Shot Black Templar Predator Pilot






I feel a similar way, I think what we have is very good but its not exactly the playstyle I was hoping for. The simplicity of Custodes is what drew me in initially since it was a great army for pickup games with minimal prep. I was hoping they'd test the waters with Custodes by seeing if people would prefer an army without a doctrine equivalent but ah well.

Katas are by no means difficult to use, just another layer on the rules onion to remember.
   
Made in us
Never Forget Isstvan!






Ok, so final count at the end of round 6 is 10 undefeated players. 2 of which are custodes. They are doing a shadow round with 5-12 spots to find out the top 8 for tommorows Finale.


JOIN MY CRUSADE and gain 4000 RT points!
http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-PLCIKYCABW8PG 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Eihnlazer wrote:
Custodes isnt top. Drukari still have that title. We have 15 undefeated players out of 60? that took custodes, which is above average but not top faction yet.

John lennon lost round 1 against crusher stampede cause its a very tough matchup as well so he's out of the running to win it all.


A custodes list was the top of table one as of the end of round 3 with 100/100/98 point wins. But it didn’t go into drukhari or crusher yet

As of round 6 he has beaten 2 drukhari builds, at a much more narrow margin (only a 5 point difference against one) and a custodrs mirror

So Evan Tomchin is doing pretty darn well with the book as it stands. He’s currently in position 6 (and thus likely a shoe in for the final day, but 6 likely ends up in shadow rounds, so maybe not)
   
 
Forum Index » 40K Tactics
Go to: