Switch Theme:

Psychic Awakening N&R - FAQs p.183.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Dive-Bombin' Fighta-Bomba Pilot






Darsath wrote:
 Warpspy wrote:
This Psychic Awakening thing is being rather underwhelming so far...

In terms of "story" or lore all I have read in these books has been basically "nothing happens" "we already knew that", and similar... Fortunately I could read all without having to buy the books. I cannot see the impact or interest or "epic scale like the Horus Heresy" anywhere in the books, and certainly, not in the companion scarce models released. The only one marginally interesting was the first boxset with Jain Zar, Drahzar and co., and was very expensive and new models together with ancient ones or much less interesting ones, that made that box uninteresting.

And they announce that every next book only will have 1 new model each? And with high chances of them all being yet again, Primarines and Primarines characters?


If at least they would include a new model for each faction in the books could be marginally more interesting (at least to have something for everybody). As it is is pretty boring and underwhelming... On the bright side, I guess I'll continue to be saving a lot of money

I agree. I find myself fairly underwhelmed from what we've seen from the releases so far. Hopefully they plan on ramping up the releases of the supplements if the content is as lacklustre as we've seen. Either that, or there is some big release coming very shortly. Though if it's another Space Marine release, it would be such awful timing that the backlash would be intense.

Agreed on all accounts.

If the next 'big' release for 40k is yet another Marine model (no matter how Wolfy/Odin'y/badass) there will be a serious backlash from the community as a whole I feel.

Not only from Xenos players either. DA players have been scrambling for the Lion for some time now. Not to mention hose who want Fulgrim and Angron.

It would be nice (and intelligent) for GW to release at least one model for the Xenos/none marine factions participating in PA moving forward. Not some small time model either, a decent, lore-relevant model. Shadow sun for Tau. Something for GK. Ghazzy. Sort it out GW.

E - no reason for Tau to be the sole focus of a book. They should be against Necrons, Death Guard or something.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/12/06 17:08:08


 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




 An Actual Englishman wrote:
If the next 'big' release for 40k is yet another Marine model (no matter how Wolfy/Odin'y/badass) there will be a serious backlash from the community as a whole I feel.


Doubt it. This marine hate exists largely in the heads of a few forum dwellers. That said I don't think you've much to worry about. PA takes place within the time frame of the indomitus crusade and there haven't been any primarch returns in that time. Then there's those French rumours that said Ragnar vs Ghazghkull. Besides missing out the next two PA book he's been right about everything so far.
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran






 An Actual Englishman wrote:

If the next 'big' release for 40k is yet another Marine model (no matter how Wolfy/Odin'y/badass) there will be a serious backlash from the community as a whole I feel.

If by "serious backlash" you mean the same vocal minority of complainers will continue to complain, while everyone else who's not interested just doesn't buy it and carries on as before, then yes, you're absolutely right.
   
Made in ca
Resolute Ultramarine Honor Guard






Vancouver, BC

 xttz wrote:
 Crazyterran wrote:
Considering every book but the first looks like "Flavour of SM" vs "Baddie of the month"...

Though, it'd be nice if the Greater Good book was Tau vs Tau, but I bet it's going to be Astra Militarum + Knights v Tau again.


It's probably AdMech so they can release that flyer.


I figure they'll stick Admech v Necrons.

 warboss wrote:
Is there a permanent stickied thread for Chaos players to complain every time someone/anyone gets models or rules besides them? If not, there should be.
 
   
Made in us
Nasty Nob on Warbike with Klaw





Nebraska, USA

If Tau was one of the last ones i could see them doing Tau vs Tau and making Farsight Enclaves a proper codex instead of a side-thing. Give them something normal Tau dont and a bunch of "upgrade sprues" to existing tau models.
Which would be a more elitist Tau army, probably very few drones and at least some melee capability.

Given that Tau is coming right up i highly doubt that though. They could be paired with pretty much any imperial army. Nids would have made sense too but nids are already done.

Admech vs Necrons is so obvious it hurts lol.

An ork with an idea tends to end with a bang.

9000pts Big 'n Bad Orkz
4000pts Admech/Knights 
   
Made in gb
Blood-Raging Khorne Berserker




 Vineheart01 wrote:
If Tau was one of the last ones i could see them doing Tau vs Tau and making Farsight Enclaves a proper codex instead of a side-thing. Give them something normal Tau dont and a bunch of "upgrade sprues" to existing tau models.
Which would be a more elitist Tau army, probably very few drones and at least some melee capability.

Given that Tau is coming right up i highly doubt that though. They could be paired with pretty much any imperial army. Nids would have made sense too but nids are already done.

Admech vs Necrons is so obvious it hurts lol.


Odd suggestion but I'm wondering if it'll be daemons? Given the time of the setting it's during the 5th expansion, finding out about the horrors of the warp from survivors of the 4th sphere.
   
Made in gb
Brainy Zoanthrope





London

 Vineheart01 wrote:
If Tau was one of the last ones i could see them doing Tau vs Tau and making Farsight Enclaves a proper codex instead of a side-thing. Give them something normal Tau dont and a bunch of "upgrade sprues" to existing tau models.
Which would be a more elitist Tau army, probably very few drones and at least some melee capability.

Given that Tau is coming right up i highly doubt that though. They could be paired with pretty much any imperial army. Nids would have made sense too but nids are already done.

Admech vs Necrons is so obvious it hurts lol.


Could be Genestealer Cults.

They've got to be in one of them, they were on the original list.
   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

 The Phazer wrote:
 Vineheart01 wrote:
If Tau was one of the last ones i could see them doing Tau vs Tau and making Farsight Enclaves a proper codex instead of a side-thing. Give them something normal Tau dont and a bunch of "upgrade sprues" to existing tau models.
Which would be a more elitist Tau army, probably very few drones and at least some melee capability.

Given that Tau is coming right up i highly doubt that though. They could be paired with pretty much any imperial army. Nids would have made sense too but nids are already done.

Admech vs Necrons is so obvious it hurts lol.


Could be Genestealer Cults.

They've got to be in one of them, they were on the original list.


They only said they would get something - Non Marines might just be a page of names......

I AM A MARINE PLAYER

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

 Crazyterran wrote:
 xttz wrote:
 Crazyterran wrote:
Considering every book but the first looks like "Flavour of SM" vs "Baddie of the month"...

Though, it'd be nice if the Greater Good book was Tau vs Tau, but I bet it's going to be Astra Militarum + Knights v Tau again.


It's probably AdMech so they can release that flyer.


I figure they'll stick Admech v Necrons.

AdMech vs Death Guard.
   
Made in gb
Dive-Bombin' Fighta-Bomba Pilot






JSG wrote:
 An Actual Englishman wrote:
If the next 'big' release for 40k is yet another Marine model (no matter how Wolfy/Odin'y/badass) there will be a serious backlash from the community as a whole I feel.


Doubt it. This marine hate exists largely in the heads of a few forum dwellers.

Yes, there's no evidence on GWs facebook posts that suggests otherwise at all. Certainly not in the article on the Marine focus in Faith and Fury that GW had to remove from their FB because of all the negative sentiment. A few forum dwellers indeed.

That said I don't think you've much to worry about. PA takes place within the time frame of the indomitus crusade and there haven't been any primarch returns in that time. Then there's those French rumours that said Ragnar vs Ghazghkull. Besides missing out the next two PA book he's been right about everything so far.

The French guy has no idea if there's a release for Orks or not, he's only "confirmed" Ragnar. He's also been proven wrong as he also claimed SW vs Orks was next when we know it isn't.

Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Nazrak wrote:
 An Actual Englishman wrote:

If the next 'big' release for 40k is yet another Marine model (no matter how Wolfy/Odin'y/badass) there will be a serious backlash from the community as a whole I feel.

If by "serious backlash" you mean the same vocal minority of complainers will continue to complain, while everyone else who's not interested just doesn't buy it and carries on as before, then yes, you're absolutely right.


See above response to JSG. There is a hugely negative sentiment with all the Marine releases and it's no "vocal minority".

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/12/06 19:30:58


 
   
Made in gb
Blood-Raging Khorne Berserker




 An Actual Englishman wrote:
JSG wrote:
 An Actual Englishman wrote:
If the next 'big' release for 40k is yet another Marine model (no matter how Wolfy/Odin'y/badass) there will be a serious backlash from the community as a whole I feel.


Doubt it. This marine hate exists largely in the heads of a few forum dwellers.

Yes, there's no evidence on GWs facebook posts that suggests otherwise at all. Certainly not in the article on the Marine focus in Faith and Fury that GW had to remove from their FB because of all the negative sentiment. A few forum dwellers indeed.

That said I don't think you've much to worry about. PA takes place within the time frame of the indomitus crusade and there haven't been any primarch returns in that time. Then there's those French rumours that said Ragnar vs Ghazghkull. Besides missing out the next two PA book he's been right about everything so far.

The French guy has no idea if there's a release for Orks or not, he's only "confirmed" Ragnar. He's also been proven wrong as he also claimed SW vs Orks was next when we know it isn't.

Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Nazrak wrote:
 An Actual Englishman wrote:

If the next 'big' release for 40k is yet another Marine model (no matter how Wolfy/Odin'y/badass) there will be a serious backlash from the community as a whole I feel.

If by "serious backlash" you mean the same vocal minority of complainers will continue to complain, while everyone else who's not interested just doesn't buy it and carries on as before, then yes, you're absolutely right.


See above response to JSG. There is a hugely negative sentiment with all the Marine releases and it's no "vocal minority".


Not to continue this off topic discussion of how evil and soul destroying marines supposedly are, but all the templar/marine focus articles are still on facebook, but also mostly positive?
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





old piece of wisdom from my day's playing MMO. those who like the game are too busy playing it, those who are upset are, proportionatly the ones more likely to go online and complain.

thing is with the exception of vanilla space marines (who had their supplements and thus got something differant) every PA book has been pretty predictable in what they got.

they've gotten a page of relics, warlord traits,stratigums, a page of random names. and some sometimes misc rules (Space Marines got masters of the chapter, CSMs got deamon blades 'nids and eldar got 'build a bear faction traits) the one army that was a bit short in this where eldar whose relics, warlord traits etc are all Ynnari stuff, and was mostly a reprint. that said they also got new characters and units.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/12/06 20:27:41


Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Any rumors when and if Death Guard get a PA update? They are the oldest non-updated Codex atm I think. They need some help desperately.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




im hoping a number of plausible things from the Tau book, but im expecting Tau vs Death Guard, namely the enclaves and the other tau septs trying to fight them off.

I was going to hope for Kais as a model, but im not sure. kinda wanan hear about gue'vesa or a psychic defense method, but i am surely not hopeful. maybe somethin' will be good.

Otherwise, im on standby for the saga of the beast along with the hope the Custodes show up eventually. in Saga, im hoping to see SW, Khorne demons, and Orks in a free for all. who knows what model could drop from that.

Army: none currently. 
   
Made in ca
Anointed Dark Priest of Chaos





British Columbia

BrianDavion wrote:
old piece of wisdom from my day's playing MMO. those who like the game are too busy playing it, those who are upset are, proportionatly the ones more likely to go online and complain.

And a piece of wisdom from my days playing them. Hearing that exact explanation for why the game's forum was super negative frequently preceded the game being shuttered/going F2P.

 Crimson Devil wrote:
That's what 7th edition is about. Yelling "Forge the Narrative Pussy!" while kicking your opponent in the dick.
 BlaxicanX wrote:
A young business man named Tom Kirby, who was a pupil of mine until he turned greedy, helped the capitalists hunt down and destroy the wargamers. He betrayed and murdered Games Workshop.


 
   
Made in gb
Dive-Bombin' Fighta-Bomba Pilot






Dudeface wrote:
Not to continue this off topic discussion of how evil and soul destroying marines supposedly are, but all the templar/marine focus articles are still on facebook, but also mostly positive?

Please find me a link to the focus article entitled "Space Marines - why you need faith and fury" on Facebook. You won't. Because they took it down. I quoted a ton of comments from the article earlier in this thread, positive they were not. Quite the opposite in fact.

Also please don't strawman, the argument is that the 40k fanbase are sick and tired of Marine releases. Something that is clearly evidenced by the posts of the fanbase, not only on here, but also on facebook and any other media that GW choose to publish articles on. Look at the latest Tyranid article from BoB, plenty of negative comments there, with more likes than the positive comments.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/12/06 20:53:52


 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




 An Actual Englishman wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
Not to continue this off topic discussion of how evil and soul destroying marines supposedly are, but all the templar/marine focus articles are still on facebook, but also mostly positive?

Please find me a link to the focus article entitled "Space Marines - why you need faith and fury" on Facebook. You won't. Because they took it down. I quoted a ton of comments from the article earlier in this thread, positive they were not. Quite the opposite in fact.

Also please don't strawman, the argument is that the 40k fanbase are sick and tired of Marine releases. Something that is clearly evidenced by the posts of the fanbase, not only on here, but also on facebook and any other media that GW choose to publish articles on. Look at the latest Tyranid article from BoB, plenty of negative comments there, with more likes than the positive comments.

I want to temper this discussion a little. For one, I agree that there's a growing unrest in the 40k community to samey releases, and a lack of attention to other factions in the setting. I would also state that the community page deleting that post once it received so much hate (deserving or otherwise) is very suspect and dishonest to do. But, I do not believe there is strong enough evidence to state with strong commitment that the fanbase is simply "fed-up" with the releases yet, or that posts on here, or on Facebook or among your groups of friends are reflective of the fanbase as a whole. I think the evidence doesn't come to that conclusion, from what I've seen. I only see a move in that direction, and a continuous movement in that direction. A cautionary tale about what neglect does to a fanbase is to look at Games Workshop's past, or at the handling of Warhammer Fantasy. It is reasonable to assume that, if players have dwindling interest, or are actively pushed out of the hobby, they'd abandon it. I think that this is what Games Workshop is at risk of doing by overly focusing on their bottom line over the player base.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/12/06 21:16:32


 
   
Made in gb
Blood-Raging Khorne Berserker




Darsath wrote:
 An Actual Englishman wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
Not to continue this off topic discussion of how evil and soul destroying marines supposedly are, but all the templar/marine focus articles are still on facebook, but also mostly positive?

Please find me a link to the focus article entitled "Space Marines - why you need faith and fury" on Facebook. You won't. Because they took it down. I quoted a ton of comments from the article earlier in this thread, positive they were not. Quite the opposite in fact.

Also please don't strawman, the argument is that the 40k fanbase are sick and tired of Marine releases. Something that is clearly evidenced by the posts of the fanbase, not only on here, but also on facebook and any other media that GW choose to publish articles on. Look at the latest Tyranid article from BoB, plenty of negative comments there, with more likes than the positive comments.

I want to temper this discussion a little. For one, I agree that there's a growing unrest in the 40k community to samey releases, and a lack of attention to other factions in the setting. I would also state that the community page deleting that post once it received so much hate (deserving or otherwise) is very suspect and dishonest to do. But, I do not believe there is strong enough evidence to state with strong commitment that the fanbase is simply "fed-up" with the releases yet, or that posts on here, or on Facebook or among your groups of friends are reflective of the fanbase as a whole. I think the evidence doesn't come to that conclusion, from what I've seen. I only see a move in that direction, and a continuous movement in that direction. A cautionary tale about what neglect does to a fanbase is to look at Games Workshop's past, or at the handling of Warhammer Fantasy. It is reasonable to assume that, if players have dwindling interest, or are actively pushed out of the hobby, they'd abandon it. I think that this is what Games Workshop is at risk of doing by overly focusing on their bottom line over the player base.


Thank you for a reasonable and fair view, I'd also hasten to add that when someone ties a community to their own agenda or perspective, this is equally damaging. I'm not a marine player, I'm not upset with their releases and whilst I do think they need to nerf or consolidate the supplements, I'm not bothered buly the marine content in these books.

So to say the community, I.e. me, is fed up of marine releases and is going to be outwardly hostile to gw, is disingenuous. In fact I get more fed up of people spreading doom and negativity about things that don't interest or affect them.

Let them release what they will release, the impact on/in sales will be enough to steer them. If it's poorly received it won't sell and they will learn, however complaining on a forum does nothing by comparison.
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




Dudeface wrote:
Darsath wrote:
 An Actual Englishman wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
Not to continue this off topic discussion of how evil and soul destroying marines supposedly are, but all the templar/marine focus articles are still on facebook, but also mostly positive?

Please find me a link to the focus article entitled "Space Marines - why you need faith and fury" on Facebook. You won't. Because they took it down. I quoted a ton of comments from the article earlier in this thread, positive they were not. Quite the opposite in fact.

Also please don't strawman, the argument is that the 40k fanbase are sick and tired of Marine releases. Something that is clearly evidenced by the posts of the fanbase, not only on here, but also on facebook and any other media that GW choose to publish articles on. Look at the latest Tyranid article from BoB, plenty of negative comments there, with more likes than the positive comments.

I want to temper this discussion a little. For one, I agree that there's a growing unrest in the 40k community to samey releases, and a lack of attention to other factions in the setting. I would also state that the community page deleting that post once it received so much hate (deserving or otherwise) is very suspect and dishonest to do. But, I do not believe there is strong enough evidence to state with strong commitment that the fanbase is simply "fed-up" with the releases yet, or that posts on here, or on Facebook or among your groups of friends are reflective of the fanbase as a whole. I think the evidence doesn't come to that conclusion, from what I've seen. I only see a move in that direction, and a continuous movement in that direction. A cautionary tale about what neglect does to a fanbase is to look at Games Workshop's past, or at the handling of Warhammer Fantasy. It is reasonable to assume that, if players have dwindling interest, or are actively pushed out of the hobby, they'd abandon it. I think that this is what Games Workshop is at risk of doing by overly focusing on their bottom line over the player base.


Thank you for a reasonable and fair view, I'd also hasten to add that when someone ties a community to their own agenda or perspective, this is equally damaging. I'm not a marine player, I'm not upset with their releases and whilst I do think they need to nerf or consolidate the supplements, I'm not bothered buly the marine content in these books.

So to say the community, I.e. me, is fed up of marine releases and is going to be outwardly hostile to gw, is disingenuous. In fact I get more fed up of people spreading doom and negativity about things that don't interest or affect them.

Let them release what they will release, the impact on/in sales will be enough to steer them. If it's poorly received it won't sell and they will learn, however complaining on a forum does nothing by comparison.

I think it's reasonable to always reflect, and to discuss with those who would want to challenge your position, or who think you're wrong. At least, that's why I post positively or negatively on the forums. Though, as I said, I'm careful about concluding too much from online posts, or how your inner group of friends feel. I think you misunderstood my point though. I cannot describe the 40k community as a whole because everyone is different. I can only describe trends or common beliefs and behaviours. So, when you commented that I was describing you, you were misunderstanding that I was not attempting to describe every 40k player. And there is only anecdotal evidence that can be used to prove my on point, so I admit that I could be wrong. But outside of surveys (which can be easily as biased, or made to try to prove a point) there isn't a very easy way to gauge this opinion. I'm sure this is also something that Games Workshop spend a decent amount of resources monitoring.

Additionally, I strongly disagree with the notion of not spreading negativity. People wouldn't be on these forums consistently if they didn't have any interest. And I detest the idea of censoring opinions because I don't like them, or they might encourage people to act in a way I do not like.
   
Made in gb
Blood-Raging Khorne Berserker




Darsath wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
Darsath wrote:
 An Actual Englishman wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
Not to continue this off topic discussion of how evil and soul destroying marines supposedly are, but all the templar/marine focus articles are still on facebook, but also mostly positive?

Please find me a link to the focus article entitled "Space Marines - why you need faith and fury" on Facebook. You won't. Because they took it down. I quoted a ton of comments from the article earlier in this thread, positive they were not. Quite the opposite in fact.

Also please don't strawman, the argument is that the 40k fanbase are sick and tired of Marine releases. Something that is clearly evidenced by the posts of the fanbase, not only on here, but also on facebook and any other media that GW choose to publish articles on. Look at the latest Tyranid article from BoB, plenty of negative comments there, with more likes than the positive comments.

I want to temper this discussion a little. For one, I agree that there's a growing unrest in the 40k community to samey releases, and a lack of attention to other factions in the setting. I would also state that the community page deleting that post once it received so much hate (deserving or otherwise) is very suspect and dishonest to do. But, I do not believe there is strong enough evidence to state with strong commitment that the fanbase is simply "fed-up" with the releases yet, or that posts on here, or on Facebook or among your groups of friends are reflective of the fanbase as a whole. I think the evidence doesn't come to that conclusion, from what I've seen. I only see a move in that direction, and a continuous movement in that direction. A cautionary tale about what neglect does to a fanbase is to look at Games Workshop's past, or at the handling of Warhammer Fantasy. It is reasonable to assume that, if players have dwindling interest, or are actively pushed out of the hobby, they'd abandon it. I think that this is what Games Workshop is at risk of doing by overly focusing on their bottom line over the player base.


Thank you for a reasonable and fair view, I'd also hasten to add that when someone ties a community to their own agenda or perspective, this is equally damaging. I'm not a marine player, I'm not upset with their releases and whilst I do think they need to nerf or consolidate the supplements, I'm not bothered buly the marine content in these books.

So to say the community, I.e. me, is fed up of marine releases and is going to be outwardly hostile to gw, is disingenuous. In fact I get more fed up of people spreading doom and negativity about things that don't interest or affect them.

Let them release what they will release, the impact on/in sales will be enough to steer them. If it's poorly received it won't sell and they will learn, however complaining on a forum does nothing by comparison.

I think it's reasonable to always reflect, and to discuss with those who would want to challenge your position, or who think you're wrong. At least, that's why I post positively or negatively on the forums. Though, as I said, I'm careful about concluding too much from online posts, or how your inner group of friends feel. I think you misunderstood my point though. I cannot describe the 40k community as a whole because everyone is different. I can only describe trends or common beliefs and behaviours. So, when you commented that I was describing you, you were misunderstanding that I was not attempting to describe every 40k player. And there is only anecdotal evidence that can be used to prove my on point, so I admit that I could be wrong. But outside of surveys (which can be easily as biased, or made to try to prove a point) there isn't a very easy way to gauge this opinion. I'm sure this is also something that Games Workshop spend a decent amount of resources monitoring.

Additionally, I strongly disagree with the notion of not spreading negativity. People wouldn't be on these forums consistently if they didn't have any interest. And I detest the idea of censoring opinions because I don't like them, or they might encourage people to act in a way I do not like.


Agreed on all accounts and apologies, I know you weren't trying to group me directly, it was more of an open statement. Criticism that is fairly levelled is one thing but it needs to be in a constructive format, I often see blind negativity here, not just towards GW but each other. "Marine apologist" is a term that has been banded about previously and needlessly suggests some of the player base is at fault for having a differing opinion.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2019/12/06 21:53:54


 
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





 An Actual Englishman wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
Not to continue this off topic discussion of how evil and soul destroying marines supposedly are, but all the templar/marine focus articles are still on facebook, but also mostly positive?

Please find me a link to the focus article entitled "Space Marines - why you need faith and fury" on Facebook. You won't. Because they took it down. I quoted a ton of comments from the article earlier in this thread, positive they were not. Quite the opposite in fact.

Also please don't strawman, the argument is that the 40k fanbase are sick and tired of Marine releases. Something that is clearly evidenced by the posts of the fanbase, not only on here, but also on facebook and any other media that GW choose to publish articles on. Look at the latest Tyranid article from BoB, plenty of negative comments there, with more likes than the positive comments.


that doesn't mean anything beyond the fact that people complaining couldn't keep it civil.

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




Dudeface wrote:
Darsath wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
Darsath wrote:
 An Actual Englishman wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
Not to continue this off topic discussion of how evil and soul destroying marines supposedly are, but all the templar/marine focus articles are still on facebook, but also mostly positive?

Please find me a link to the focus article entitled "Space Marines - why you need faith and fury" on Facebook. You won't. Because they took it down. I quoted a ton of comments from the article earlier in this thread, positive they were not. Quite the opposite in fact.

Also please don't strawman, the argument is that the 40k fanbase are sick and tired of Marine releases. Something that is clearly evidenced by the posts of the fanbase, not only on here, but also on facebook and any other media that GW choose to publish articles on. Look at the latest Tyranid article from BoB, plenty of negative comments there, with more likes than the positive comments.

I want to temper this discussion a little. For one, I agree that there's a growing unrest in the 40k community to samey releases, and a lack of attention to other factions in the setting. I would also state that the community page deleting that post once it received so much hate (deserving or otherwise) is very suspect and dishonest to do. But, I do not believe there is strong enough evidence to state with strong commitment that the fanbase is simply "fed-up" with the releases yet, or that posts on here, or on Facebook or among your groups of friends are reflective of the fanbase as a whole. I think the evidence doesn't come to that conclusion, from what I've seen. I only see a move in that direction, and a continuous movement in that direction. A cautionary tale about what neglect does to a fanbase is to look at Games Workshop's past, or at the handling of Warhammer Fantasy. It is reasonable to assume that, if players have dwindling interest, or are actively pushed out of the hobby, they'd abandon it. I think that this is what Games Workshop is at risk of doing by overly focusing on their bottom line over the player base.


Thank you for a reasonable and fair view, I'd also hasten to add that when someone ties a community to their own agenda or perspective, this is equally damaging. I'm not a marine player, I'm not upset with their releases and whilst I do think they need to nerf or consolidate the supplements, I'm not bothered buly the marine content in these books.

So to say the community, I.e. me, is fed up of marine releases and is going to be outwardly hostile to gw, is disingenuous. In fact I get more fed up of people spreading doom and negativity about things that don't interest or affect them.

Let them release what they will release, the impact on/in sales will be enough to steer them. If it's poorly received it won't sell and they will learn, however complaining on a forum does nothing by comparison.

I think it's reasonable to always reflect, and to discuss with those who would want to challenge your position, or who think you're wrong. At least, that's why I post positively or negatively on the forums. Though, as I said, I'm careful about concluding too much from online posts, or how your inner group of friends feel. I think you misunderstood my point though. I cannot describe the 40k community as a whole because everyone is different. I can only describe trends or common beliefs and behaviours. So, when you commented that I was describing you, you were misunderstanding that I was not attempting to describe every 40k player. And there is only anecdotal evidence that can be used to prove my on point, so I admit that I could be wrong. But outside of surveys (which can be easily as biased, or made to try to prove a point) there isn't a very easy way to gauge this opinion. I'm sure this is also something that Games Workshop spend a decent amount of resources monitoring.

Additionally, I strongly disagree with the notion of not spreading negativity. People wouldn't be on these forums consistently if they didn't have any interest. And I detest the idea of censoring opinions because I don't like them, or they might encourage people to act in a way I do not like.


Agreed on all accounts and apologies, I know you weren't trying to group me directly, it was more of an open statement. Criticism that is fairly levelled is one thing but it needs to be in a constructive format, I often see blind negativity here, not just towards GW but each other. "Marine apologist" is a term that has been banded about previously and needlessly suggests some of the player base is at fault for having a differing opinion.

No apology needed. I completely agree that constructive criticism is the always what should be strived for. Shaming and name calling are abhorrent behaviour, and those who do it are rarely going to convince anyone of their own opinion. You're absolutely right though. There is a lot of blind negativity on here. But check up on Facebook and there's plenty of blind praise aswell. I think both are fine, so I never bring it up. I just read it, see the flaws, then move on. It's shocking to have a reasonable discussion with someone else on here though.
   
Made in gb
Blood-Raging Khorne Berserker




To be honest the rhetoric about how evil the marines and their respective fans/haters are is getting way off topic again. Sadly it is a recurring trend but maybe we should all agree to objectively assess the next book now?

Dark Angels supposedly getting an as yet unnamed primaris character is interesting as at last check in, they were universally showing distrust of the primaris marines are they not?

Edit - Thank you Darsath

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/12/06 22:02:08


 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




Dudeface wrote:
 Vineheart01 wrote:
If Tau was one of the last ones i could see them doing Tau vs Tau and making Farsight Enclaves a proper codex instead of a side-thing. Give them something normal Tau dont and a bunch of "upgrade sprues" to existing tau models.
Which would be a more elitist Tau army, probably very few drones and at least some melee capability.

Given that Tau is coming right up i highly doubt that though. They could be paired with pretty much any imperial army. Nids would have made sense too but nids are already done.

Admech vs Necrons is so obvious it hurts lol.


Odd suggestion but I'm wondering if it'll be daemons? Given the time of the setting it's during the 5th expansion, finding out about the horrors of the warp from survivors of the 4th sphere.


I really wonder who the Daemons will be matched against. The GK seemed like the obvious choice, but we know that's not happening; ditto with the Black Templars and the Sisters of Battle.
   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

Brian888 wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
 Vineheart01 wrote:
If Tau was one of the last ones i could see them doing Tau vs Tau and making Farsight Enclaves a proper codex instead of a side-thing. Give them something normal Tau dont and a bunch of "upgrade sprues" to existing tau models.
Which would be a more elitist Tau army, probably very few drones and at least some melee capability.

Given that Tau is coming right up i highly doubt that though. They could be paired with pretty much any imperial army. Nids would have made sense too but nids are already done.

Admech vs Necrons is so obvious it hurts lol.


Odd suggestion but I'm wondering if it'll be daemons? Given the time of the setting it's during the 5th expansion, finding out about the horrors of the warp from survivors of the 4th sphere.


I really wonder who the Daemons will be matched against. The GK seemed like the obvious choice, but we know that's not happening; ditto with the Black Templars and the Sisters of Battle.


Yeah non Marines (Sisters) were in the trailers, the logo on the website and then..........nothing.....in the book ruleswise (but hey 10 pages of rules for generic Marines instead)

I assume it will be the same for future PA's and non-Marine Imperial factions - they might if they are lucky get a lore mention..... or even some artwork and thats their stuff for PA I guess.

Flesh-Tearers are also taking up the next White Dwarf 40k faction space - are they not in PA3 as well?

Raven Guard and White Scars had big engagments against the Tau so maybe they get the first Supplement no 2?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/12/06 22:24:42


I AM A MARINE PLAYER

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in gb
Dive-Bombin' Fighta-Bomba Pilot






BrianDavion wrote:
 An Actual Englishman wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
Not to continue this off topic discussion of how evil and soul destroying marines supposedly are, but all the templar/marine focus articles are still on facebook, but also mostly positive?

Please find me a link to the focus article entitled "Space Marines - why you need faith and fury" on Facebook. You won't. Because they took it down. I quoted a ton of comments from the article earlier in this thread, positive they were not. Quite the opposite in fact.

Also please don't strawman, the argument is that the 40k fanbase are sick and tired of Marine releases. Something that is clearly evidenced by the posts of the fanbase, not only on here, but also on facebook and any other media that GW choose to publish articles on. Look at the latest Tyranid article from BoB, plenty of negative comments there, with more likes than the positive comments.


that doesn't mean anything beyond the fact that people complaining couldn't keep it civil.

Oh, it was civil. I read the posts Brian. I posted some of them here mate. You can literally see them earlier in this thread. If any of the posts weren't civil GW could have removed only those, rather than the entire post.

GW didn't like the negative publicity and censored it. It's as simple as that.
   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





 Mr Morden wrote:
Brian888 wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
 Vineheart01 wrote:
If Tau was one of the last ones i could see them doing Tau vs Tau and making Farsight Enclaves a proper codex instead of a side-thing. Give them something normal Tau dont and a bunch of "upgrade sprues" to existing tau models.
Which would be a more elitist Tau army, probably very few drones and at least some melee capability.

Given that Tau is coming right up i highly doubt that though. They could be paired with pretty much any imperial army. Nids would have made sense too but nids are already done.

Admech vs Necrons is so obvious it hurts lol.


Odd suggestion but I'm wondering if it'll be daemons? Given the time of the setting it's during the 5th expansion, finding out about the horrors of the warp from survivors of the 4th sphere.


I really wonder who the Daemons will be matched against. The GK seemed like the obvious choice, but we know that's not happening; ditto with the Black Templars and the Sisters of Battle.


Yeah non Marines (Sisters) were in the trailers, the logo on the website and then..........nothing.....in the book ruleswise (but hey 10 pages of rules for generic Marines instead)

I assume it will be the same for future PA's and non-Marine Imperial factions - they might if they are lucky get a lore mention..... or even some artwork and thats their stuff for PA I guess.

Flesh-Tearers are also taking up the next White Dwarf 40k faction space - are they not in PA3 as well?

Raven Guard and White Scars had big engagments against the Tau so maybe they get the first Supplement no 2?


Flesh tearers are proably in white dwarf as cross promotion content. they'll put out some lore and "what's going on with the flesh tearers post great rift" stuff, and maybe some narrative missions, with a quick advertisement for blood of baal at the end. not every index astartes article contains rules. dark angels have also been featured, and with sub faction rules for flesh tearers it strikes me it's a good time to shed some light on them.

as for the non-marines in faith and fury, you realize F&F released on the same day the sister's box set did. seems pretty clear to me it was "cross promotional content"

seriously, sisters got fluff in the book, a new codex, and the launch of a boxed set heralding a complete new plastic mini's line. I've not seen a single sister's player claim sister's are being ahrd done by here

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/12/06 22:52:46


Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

BrianDavion wrote:
 Mr Morden wrote:
Brian888 wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
 Vineheart01 wrote:
If Tau was one of the last ones i could see them doing Tau vs Tau and making Farsight Enclaves a proper codex instead of a side-thing. Give them something normal Tau dont and a bunch of "upgrade sprues" to existing tau models.
Which would be a more elitist Tau army, probably very few drones and at least some melee capability.

Given that Tau is coming right up i highly doubt that though. They could be paired with pretty much any imperial army. Nids would have made sense too but nids are already done.

Admech vs Necrons is so obvious it hurts lol.


Odd suggestion but I'm wondering if it'll be daemons? Given the time of the setting it's during the 5th expansion, finding out about the horrors of the warp from survivors of the 4th sphere.


I really wonder who the Daemons will be matched against. The GK seemed like the obvious choice, but we know that's not happening; ditto with the Black Templars and the Sisters of Battle.


Yeah non Marines (Sisters) were in the trailers, the logo on the website and then..........nothing.....in the book ruleswise (but hey 10 pages of rules for generic Marines instead)

I assume it will be the same for future PA's and non-Marine Imperial factions - they might if they are lucky get a lore mention..... or even some artwork and thats their stuff for PA I guess.

Flesh-Tearers are also taking up the next White Dwarf 40k faction space - are they not in PA3 as well?

Raven Guard and White Scars had big engagments against the Tau so maybe they get the first Supplement no 2?


Flesh tearers are proably in white dwarf as cross promotion content. they'll put out some lore and "what's going on with the flesh tearers post great rift" stuff, and maybe some narrative missions, with a quick advertisement for blood of baal at the end. not every index astartes article contains rules. dark angels have also been featured, and with sub faction rules for flesh tearers it strikes me it's a good time to shed some light on them.

as for the non-marines in faith and fury, you realize F&F released on the same day the sister's box set did. seems pretty clear to me it was "cross promotional content"

seriously, sisters got fluff in the book, a new codex, and the launch of a boxed set heralding a complete new plastic mini's line. I've not seen a single sister's player claim sister's are being ahrd done by here


Ah but my Marines had just had Codex and Supplements but somehow it was needed to have 10 more pages of rules for them in PA2 .....

I AM A MARINE PLAYER

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in ch
Revered Rogue Psyker





Course,you play red ones? Pay extra.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
Trick Question, of course it's the loyalists!

(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost and 8th edition.) 
   
Made in us
Strangely Beautiful Daemonette of Slaanesh






Dudeface wrote:
To be honest the rhetoric about how evil the marines and their respective fans/haters are is getting way off topic again. Sadly it is a recurring trend but maybe we should all agree to objectively assess the next book now?

Dark Angels supposedly getting an as yet unnamed primaris character is interesting as at last check in, they were universally showing distrust of the primaris marines are they not?

Edit - Thank you Darsath

It really isn’t offtopic if the most recent PA book is once again buffing marines, the current book (baal) is about red marines, and the next book is about silver, green, and dusty blue marines. Especially when the competitive meta is marines and every competitive list uses marines as a benchmark. Other armies have good and bad stereotypes for their players too, but when most of the new content is about marines, people will discuss anything and everything marine related. It wasn’t that long ago when imperial soup and their undercosted splashable guardsmen dominated every conversation.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: