Switch Theme:

Heresy/30k - News & Rumours - Plastic Land Raider Proteus - Roadmap Pg202  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in fi
Calculating Commissar







Tyel wrote:
Have no interest fluffwise in World Eaters (down there with a very boring legions imo) - but the white+blue scheme always looks great.


Also very patriotic (if you're from the right country). :-D

So dig me a grave where I can rave and scribble for all time
Dig me a grave where I can vent articulate splenetic rhyme
Dig me a grave where I can nurture a hatred most sublime
For the fools who made this mess and think it not a crime 
   
Made in us
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard





 zedmeister wrote:
World Eaters painting vid:




I'll grumble a bit on how they've got early heresy colours for late heresy armour...

That’s easy to fix though. Just follow the guide then at the end dunk the entire mini face-first into a tub of Blood for the Blood God. Or use the toothbrush flick technique if you want to go against type and do that “subtle” thing …
   
Made in gb
Never Forget Isstvan!






I believe they are referencing the alternate scheme certain World Eaters began to adopt as the fell further into Khorne's embrace. The blue was replace by red, either through paint or blood. It's not a hard and fast rule though and the blue/white is more recognisable.
   
Made in gb
Barpharanges







To be honest, I 100% expect (when GW puts out the World Eater codex) for there to be plenty of warbands using the blue and white armour scheme rather than the traditional red and brass - just like they did with the Death Guard.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/05/23 11:40:42


Thomas Ligotti wrote:"If you do not feel good enough for long enough, you should act as if you do and even think as if you do... So start pretending that you feel good enough for long enough, stop your complaining, and get back in line."

 
   
Made in us
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard





 blood reaper wrote:
To be honest, I 100% expect (when GW puts out the World Eater codex) for there to be plenty of warbands using the blue and white armour scheme rather than the traditional red and brass - just like they did with the Death Guard.

Yeah that’s completely plausible. I wonder if they will have at least some of them still bitter as feth about Khârn’s “betrayal” and paint their armour to appear sooty and burned.?

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in gb
Never Forget Isstvan!






I mean the WE will have 6 subfactions, maybe 8 cos Khorne so it's plausible.
   
Made in gb
Frightening Flamer of Tzeentch




Manchester, England

 tauist wrote:
 ClockworkZion wrote:
Thanks to the @mooseminis on Twitter I've managed to get nice still images of the back of the models:



Never mind the backpack, what are those bulges on the backs of the legs?

Certainly a new aspect of the MKVI, unless I'm missing some old metal minis which had those..

He's also missing a pistol, spare clips and grenades



It's not like the designs of the old metal marines were ultra-consistent to begin with, and it shouldn't need to be pointed out that the relative scale of them, being both hand-sculpted and teensy compared to modern Marines, didn't exactly NEED additional greeblies to break up large, relatively flat armour panels.

They're simply details. Maybe a simple access panel to allow the armour to be put on/taken off, maybe some kind of noise suppression thingy, who knows?

I've also decided that I'm going to buy and box and paint them in Tamiya's transparent candy red and adorn them as Flesh Tearers, with the justification that they're a representation of a Second Founding chapter right at its birth, so carrying a whole bunch of pre-Heresy elements over. I basically just wanted to paint candy red, and I didn't want to do Blood Angels or Word Bearers, and I already have a force of (blue) Thousand Sons, so that's that.
   
Made in us
Terrifying Doombull




 ekwatts wrote:

I've also decided that I'm going to buy and box and paint them in Tamiya's transparent candy red and adorn them as Flesh Tearers, with the justification that they're a representation of a Second Founding chapter right at its birth, so carrying a whole bunch of pre-Heresy elements over. I basically just wanted to paint candy red, and I didn't want to do Blood Angels or Word Bearers, and I already have a force of (blue) Thousand Sons, so that's that.


There's been a few indications here and there that, for some Legions, their second founding chapters are existing Chapters within the legion's organization (effectively a Chapter is what we'd probably call a regiment or battalion, a level of organization for companies). Iirc, this came up particularly with the Ultramarines destroyer Chapter in the Roboute Primarch novel.

In any case 'Flesh Tearers' could very well be an informal name for a unit that's been operating independently for a while under a separate expedition fleet or some such.


Also there's the fact that 'official' color schemes are part of the Codex Astartes, which doesn't exist yet. (though it also has camo patterns and distinct environmental color schemes that GW doesn't talk about anymore).

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Warwickscire

World Eaters Legion Focus

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/23/legions-of-the-horus-heresy-the-world-eaters-are-the-angriest-astartes-around/









Reaction is nasty.

Nice, lot's of Mk II

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2022/05/23 13:10:29


 
   
Made in us
Haughty Harad Serpent Rider





Richmond, VA

Racerguy180 wrote:
Crablezworth wrote:Good video on reactions.




Shhhh, you should know not to mention them....


But yes it's a good video.


Man, I started watching this video and it's just awful.

as a caveat: I'm new to 30k - not having played it at all - and am looking forward to this new edition.

but his rambling diatribe (and the comments on the video) are a huge turn off, and remind me why I never got into 30k in the first place - the online negativity for 30k is absolutely bonkers. It's like there's a weird cultish subset of Heresy players that hate GW, hate other players, and hate themselves. The rambling about "toxic positivity" is insane... I think he's purposefully confused good marketing and what appears to be a very good product in order to frame it as a personal attack on what he views is his personal game.

I'm not even sure if there's actual criticism or analysis of reactions in this video as I had to exit before it was done: the fact he completely doesn't understand what I Go You Go is and confuses it with Alternating or Interleaved is like a big warning that any opinions that follow will almost certainly be not worth listening to. Blech

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/05/23 13:34:36


"...and special thanks to Judgedoug!" - Alessio Cavatore "Now you've gone too far Doug! ... Too far... " - Rick Priestley "I've decided that I'd rather not have you as a member of TMP." - Editor, The Miniatures Page "I'd rather put my testicles through a mangle than spend any time gaming with you." - Richard, TooFatLardies "We need a Doug Craig in every store." - Warlord Games "Thank you for being here, Judge Doug!" - Adam Troke 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





That’s probably an old fw pic they had lying around. None of those are the plastic kits lol
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Warwickscire

 GaroRobe wrote:
That’s probably an old fw pic they had lying around. None of those are the plastic kits lol


Indeed, they're the old MkII assault marines. Nice to see them. Got a bunch of them I need to paint
   
Made in gb
Never Forget Isstvan!






I like the charge bonus rule. Not as powerful as some others but it's consistently reliable and easy to remember.
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

So that makes tomorrow Zorpazorp's 13th Legion army display. Cool.

Either way, I have Heresy WE, so it's nice to see their spotlight.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in us
Thrall Wizard of Tzeentch





 judgedoug wrote:
Racerguy180 wrote:
Crablezworth wrote:Good video on reactions.

Spoiler:



Shhhh, you should know not to mention them....


But yes it's a good video.


Man, I started watching this video and it's just awful.

as a caveat: I'm new to 30k - not having played it at all - and am looking forward to this new edition.

but his rambling diatribe (and the comments on the video) are a huge turn off, and remind me why I never got into 30k in the first place - the online negativity for 30k is absolutely bonkers. It's like there's a weird cultish subset of Heresy players that hate GW, hate other players, and hate themselves. The rambling about "toxic positivity" is insane... I think he's purposefully confused good marketing and what appears to be a very good product in order to frame it as a personal attack on what he views is his personal game.

I'm not even sure if there's actual criticism or analysis of reactions in this video as I had to exit before it was done: the fact he completely doesn't understand what I Go You Go is and confuses it with Alternating or Interleaved is like a big warning that any opinions that follow will almost certainly be not worth listening to. Blech


The comments on the video are hilarious, and show just want kind of player he's catering to, like this gem: "[in reference to stratagems].....They slow down the game SO MUCH because they make me think of more options. Some if my best moments in 40k is when both players are out of Command Points and able to just have at it, usually towards the end of a game. There's no mess, no second guessing, just play. "

"40K is BORING when I have options I have to choose from during play. I just want to line up and chuck dice."

   
Made in au
Grizzled Space Wolves Great Wolf





 H.B.M.C. wrote:
So that makes tomorrow Zorpazorp's 13th Legion army display. Cool.



I really wish they showed some higher res images of the army displays, they put all this effort into getting the community to paint these models which I think is great, but for so many of them I can't find a decent quality set of photos of them.
   
Made in fi
Shas'ui with Bonding Knife






 ekwatts wrote:
 tauist wrote:
 ClockworkZion wrote:
Thanks to the @mooseminis on Twitter I've managed to get nice still images of the back of the models:



Never mind the backpack, what are those bulges on the backs of the legs?

Certainly a new aspect of the MKVI, unless I'm missing some old metal minis which had those..

He's also missing a pistol, spare clips and grenades



It's not like the designs of the old metal marines were ultra-consistent to begin with, and it shouldn't need to be pointed out that the relative scale of them, being both hand-sculpted and teensy compared to modern Marines, didn't exactly NEED additional greeblies to break up large, relatively flat armour panels.

They're simply details. Maybe a simple access panel to allow the armour to be put on/taken off, maybe some kind of noise suppression thingy, who knows?

I've also decided that I'm going to buy and box and paint them in Tamiya's transparent candy red and adorn them as Flesh Tearers, with the justification that they're a representation of a Second Founding chapter right at its birth, so carrying a whole bunch of pre-Heresy elements over. I basically just wanted to paint candy red, and I didn't want to do Blood Angels or Word Bearers, and I already have a force of (blue) Thousand Sons, so that's that.


I got just one question to you - Are you gonna go with or without the Rogue Trader helmet stripe on the beakies?

I'm still trying to make up my mind..

+++ Thought for the Day: Forget The Narrative — Slaanesh demands more plastic! +++ 
   
Made in us
Blessed Living Saint




On the Internet

 Soundtheory wrote:
 judgedoug wrote:
Racerguy180 wrote:
Crablezworth wrote:Good video on reactions.

Spoiler:



Shhhh, you should know not to mention them....


But yes it's a good video.


Man, I started watching this video and it's just awful.

as a caveat: I'm new to 30k - not having played it at all - and am looking forward to this new edition.

but his rambling diatribe (and the comments on the video) are a huge turn off, and remind me why I never got into 30k in the first place - the online negativity for 30k is absolutely bonkers. It's like there's a weird cultish subset of Heresy players that hate GW, hate other players, and hate themselves. The rambling about "toxic positivity" is insane... I think he's purposefully confused good marketing and what appears to be a very good product in order to frame it as a personal attack on what he views is his personal game.

I'm not even sure if there's actual criticism or analysis of reactions in this video as I had to exit before it was done: the fact he completely doesn't understand what I Go You Go is and confuses it with Alternating or Interleaved is like a big warning that any opinions that follow will almost certainly be not worth listening to. Blech


The comments on the video are hilarious, and show just want kind of player he's catering to, like this gem: "[in reference to stratagems].....They slow down the game SO MUCH because they make me think of more options. Some if my best moments in 40k is when both players are out of Command Points and able to just have at it, usually towards the end of a game. There's no mess, no second guessing, just play. "

"40K is BORING when I have options I have to choose from during play. I just want to line up and chuck dice."


I mean no one is forcing them to personally use stratagems or reactions so it seems like a real non-issue to just not do the thing you don't like?
   
Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka





Ottawa Ontario Canada

 ClockworkZion wrote:
 Soundtheory wrote:
 judgedoug wrote:
Racerguy180 wrote:
Crablezworth wrote:Good video on reactions.

Spoiler:



Shhhh, you should know not to mention them....


But yes it's a good video.


Man, I started watching this video and it's just awful.

as a caveat: I'm new to 30k - not having played it at all - and am looking forward to this new edition.

but his rambling diatribe (and the comments on the video) are a huge turn off, and remind me why I never got into 30k in the first place - the online negativity for 30k is absolutely bonkers. It's like there's a weird cultish subset of Heresy players that hate GW, hate other players, and hate themselves. The rambling about "toxic positivity" is insane... I think he's purposefully confused good marketing and what appears to be a very good product in order to frame it as a personal attack on what he views is his personal game.

I'm not even sure if there's actual criticism or analysis of reactions in this video as I had to exit before it was done: the fact he completely doesn't understand what I Go You Go is and confuses it with Alternating or Interleaved is like a big warning that any opinions that follow will almost certainly be not worth listening to. Blech


The comments on the video are hilarious, and show just want kind of player he's catering to, like this gem: "[in reference to stratagems].....They slow down the game SO MUCH because they make me think of more options. Some if my best moments in 40k is when both players are out of Command Points and able to just have at it, usually towards the end of a game. There's no mess, no second guessing, just play. "

"40K is BORING when I have options I have to choose from during play. I just want to line up and chuck dice."


I mean no one is forcing them to personally use stratagems or reactions so it seems like a real non-issue to just not do the thing you don't like?


They're rather central to 2.0, IE you'd be tossing it a lot of rules for each legio, in addition to all the core ones. Some of which replace USR's from 1.0, so the thought is to just stick with 1.0 and buy whatever plastics from the new stuff.

Do you play 30k? It'd be a lot cooler if you did.  
   
Made in ca
Commander of the Mysterious 2nd Legion





 Soundtheory wrote:
 judgedoug wrote:
Racerguy180 wrote:
Crablezworth wrote:Good video on reactions.

Spoiler:



Shhhh, you should know not to mention them....


But yes it's a good video.


Man, I started watching this video and it's just awful.

as a caveat: I'm new to 30k - not having played it at all - and am looking forward to this new edition.

but his rambling diatribe (and the comments on the video) are a huge turn off, and remind me why I never got into 30k in the first place - the online negativity for 30k is absolutely bonkers. It's like there's a weird cultish subset of Heresy players that hate GW, hate other players, and hate themselves. The rambling about "toxic positivity" is insane... I think he's purposefully confused good marketing and what appears to be a very good product in order to frame it as a personal attack on what he views is his personal game.

I'm not even sure if there's actual criticism or analysis of reactions in this video as I had to exit before it was done: the fact he completely doesn't understand what I Go You Go is and confuses it with Alternating or Interleaved is like a big warning that any opinions that follow will almost certainly be not worth listening to. Blech


The comments on the video are hilarious, and show just want kind of player he's catering to, like this gem: "[in reference to stratagems].....They slow down the game SO MUCH because they make me think of more options. Some if my best moments in 40k is when both players are out of Command Points and able to just have at it, usually towards the end of a game. There's no mess, no second guessing, just play. "

"40K is BORING when I have options I have to choose from during play. I just want to line up and chuck dice."



yeah I noticed that too. the thing that makes reactions intreasting is they add a measure of "... well if I do X.. what if he does Y?" to the decision making process. whch is a hell of a lot more intreasting then "I move my squad up, kill his squad etc" In Battletech, a game with alternating activation one of my most common tactics is to deliberatly use a unit as BAIT

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in es
Inspiring SDF-1 Bridge Officer






 tauist wrote:

I got just one question to you - Are you gonna go with or without the Rogue Trader helmet stripe on the beakies?

I'm still trying to make up my mind..


I'm testing "with", for the moment, but my idea is to make them basically RT-compliant, so...

Spoiler:


   
Made in us
Ultramarine Master with Gauntlets of Macragge





Upstate, New York

 Albertorius wrote:
 tauist wrote:

I got just one question to you - Are you gonna go with or without the Rogue Trader helmet stripe on the beakies?

I'm still trying to make up my mind..


I'm testing "with", for the moment, but my idea is to make them basically RT-compliant, so...

Spoiler:




Is it even possible to paint beakies without the stripe? I thought it was pretty much required.

Obviously, people can paint their models as they like, but it just doesn’t seem like Mk. VI without it.

The other question is do you stripe all the way down the nose, or just stop at the top? I just do partials myself.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/05/23 17:26:00


   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps





United States

 Nevelon wrote:
 Albertorius wrote:
 tauist wrote:

I got just one question to you - Are you gonna go with or without the Rogue Trader helmet stripe on the beakies?

I'm still trying to make up my mind..


I'm testing "with", for the moment, but my idea is to make them basically RT-compliant, so...

Spoiler:




Is it even possible to paint beakies without the stripe? I thought it was pretty much required.

Obviously, people can paint their models as they like, but it just doesn’t seem like Mk. VI without it.

The other question is do you stripe all the way down the nose, or just stop at the top? I just do partials myself.


No, there is no rule in the game that requires you must paint your models a specific way. That would be beyond asinine.
   
Made in us
Ultramarine Master with Gauntlets of Macragge





Upstate, New York

 Togusa wrote:
 Nevelon wrote:


Is it even possible to paint beakies without the stripe? I thought it was pretty much required.

Obviously, people can paint their models as they like, but it just doesn’t seem like Mk. VI without it.

The other question is do you stripe all the way down the nose, or just stop at the top? I just do partials myself.


No, there is no rule in the game that requires you must paint your models a specific way. That would be beyond asinine.


I took this a a personal preference question, not a rules one. You are correct, there is not requirement to stripe.

But there is a lot of history there.

   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps





United States

 Nevelon wrote:
 Togusa wrote:
 Nevelon wrote:


Is it even possible to paint beakies without the stripe? I thought it was pretty much required.

Obviously, people can paint their models as they like, but it just doesn’t seem like Mk. VI without it.

The other question is do you stripe all the way down the nose, or just stop at the top? I just do partials myself.


No, there is no rule in the game that requires you must paint your models a specific way. That would be beyond asinine.


I took this a a personal preference question, not a rules one. You are correct, there is not requirement to stripe.

But there is a lot of history there.


Actually it was I who misunderstood what you were saying. Upon re-reading it I see you're referring to how it would feel to not have them as they were portrayed in the past. I can't really speak to that, but I prefer the mono-color for these HH marines. One thing I can't stand is how many black armored chapters there are though, surely they could have tossed some orange or aqua in there...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/05/23 17:41:59


 
   
Made in us
Ancient Venerable Dreadnought




San Jose, CA

I'd be fine with the reactions if there were wayyyyyyy more limitations and less ways to get around those limitations. Or if the limitations were generic for all armies across the game.


But Beakies without stripes are kinda...odd.
   
Made in gb
Never Forget Isstvan!






The only way to get around restrictions on reactions is having the Warlord trait and its only as long as the Warlord is alive. If someone is keeping their Warlord alive just to keep an extra reaction then that's a waste.
   
Made in fi
Shas'ui with Bonding Knife






 Albertorius wrote:
 tauist wrote:

I got just one question to you - Are you gonna go with or without the Rogue Trader helmet stripe on the beakies?

I'm still trying to make up my mind..


I'm testing "with", for the moment, but my idea is to make them basically RT-compliant, so...

Spoiler:




You, sir, just won the Internet!

You even did the Sgt stripe with the light coloured trims. Blessings of the Emeror be upon you squire

EDIT: Hold up.. do I suffer from the Mandela effect here? IIRC Crimson Fists had both hands red..?


This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/05/23 19:06:50


+++ Thought for the Day: Forget The Narrative — Slaanesh demands more plastic! +++ 
   
Made in es
Inspiring SDF-1 Bridge Officer






 tauist wrote:
 Albertorius wrote:
 tauist wrote:

I got just one question to you - Are you gonna go with or without the Rogue Trader helmet stripe on the beakies?

I'm still trying to make up my mind..


I'm testing "with", for the moment, but my idea is to make them basically RT-compliant, so...

Spoiler:




You, sir, just won the Internet!

You even did the Sgt stripe with the light coloured trims. Blessings of the Emeror be upon you squire

EDIT: Hold up.. do I suffer from the Mandela effect here? IIRC Crimson Fists had both hands red..?


Only the veterans ^^
   
Made in us
Ultramarine Master with Gauntlets of Macragge





Upstate, New York

 Albertorius wrote:
 tauist wrote:
 Albertorius wrote:
 tauist wrote:

I got just one question to you - Are you gonna go with or without the Rogue Trader helmet stripe on the beakies?

I'm still trying to make up my mind..


I'm testing "with", for the moment, but my idea is to make them basically RT-compliant, so...

Spoiler:




You, sir, just won the Internet!

You even did the Sgt stripe with the light coloured trims. Blessings of the Emeror be upon you squire

EDIT: Hold up.. do I suffer from the Mandela effect here? IIRC Crimson Fists had both hands red..?


Only the veterans ^^


And vets would have hash stripes across their helmet stripes as well. The vet sarge would also have the trim color along side of the stripe.

Helmet stripes: not just fashionable, but they tell you a lot about the marine wearing it.

   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: