Switch Theme:

GW Financials - page 30 latest  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Badass "Sister Sin"






The Torygraph seems to have the scoop

Whichever way you butter it, that's a fairly storming turn around.

In case work blocked, here's the gist.

The Torygraph wrote:The Nottingham-based company, which is known for its model figures, saw profit before tax leap to £13.8m in the six months to November 27, compared to £6.3m for the same period in 2015.

Games Workshop also saw revenues jumped 28.2pc from £55.3m to £70.9m, with chief executive Kevin Rountree saying the business and the hobby is in “good shape”.



Automatically Appended Next Post:
Bit more (missed half the article. Soz!)

Mr Rountree wrote:Our business and hobby are in good shape,” said Mr Rountree. “We are pleased to report sales and profit growth in the period across all channels. The improvement was built on a considerable team effort across the business


The Torygraph wrote:Games Workshop also sells its intellectual property to video game developers. Royalties from these sales more than doubled in the half year compared to the same period in 2015, from £1.5m to £3.3m.


So it's not all in the licensing revenue, it would seem (though doubling that income ain't hurting no-one).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/01/10 12:00:21


Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in au
Grizzled Space Wolves Great Wolf





So it'd be interesting to see what came out in those 6 months. In general I think GW's revenue is largely driven by what they release over that period, but I haven't really been following GW's releases to remember what came out in that period.
   
Made in gb
Badass "Sister Sin"






I think Prospero was just the right side?

It's the 6 months to 27th November 2016, so yes, Prospero was released immediately prior, and I think Blood Bowl squeaks into the same time frame.

Wrath of Magnus will be in the next 6 months?

I dunno. My temporal sense is pretty awful!

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in us
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General






Home Base: Waconia, MN (Minneapolis)

From what I remember of big stuff;

Sylvaneth
WD Change
Second HH Game
Probably half to 3/4 of initial BB sales
Gorechosen
GSC
Deathwatch

Best Painted (2015 Adepticon 40k Champs)

They Shall Know Fear - Adepticon 40k TT Champion (2012 & 2013) & 40k TT Best Sport (2014), 40k TT Best Tactician (2015 & 2016) 
   
Made in be
Longtime Dakkanaut




No surprise.

It's heartwarming to see that a company that visibly improves gets money for it.
   
Made in au
Grizzled Space Wolves Great Wolf





Yeah, so at a guess I'd say the big winners were Prospero Burns, BB, GSC and maybe Deathwatch (didn't part of Deathwatch come out previously? My memory is shocking).

Release things people want to buy and surprise surprise they'll actually buy it

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/01/10 14:18:17


 
   
Made in us
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General






Home Base: Waconia, MN (Minneapolis)

Sylvaneth did very well to from what it seemed and I don't think the GHB release prior should be discounted for helping out the current report. But yeah, BB, Prospero Burns, and GSC were probably the killers.

Best Painted (2015 Adepticon 40k Champs)

They Shall Know Fear - Adepticon 40k TT Champion (2012 & 2013) & 40k TT Best Sport (2014), 40k TT Best Tactician (2015 & 2016) 
   
Made in es
Brutal Black Orc




Barcelona, Spain

 Hulksmash wrote:
Sylvaneth did very well to from what it seemed and I don't think the GHB release prior should be discounted for helping out the current report. But yeah, BB, Prospero Burns, and GSC were probably the killers.


GHB was actually published DURING the period, july or august I think.
   
Made in gb
Badass "Sister Sin"






I'd also wager that GHB played a significant role.

Sure, those already established in the game bought it at the outset, but it'd take time to 'bed in' and gain it's current mostly positive reputation, tempting others to AoS' manifold charms.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in us
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General






Home Base: Waconia, MN (Minneapolis)

Lord Kragan wrote:
 Hulksmash wrote:
Sylvaneth did very well to from what it seemed and I don't think the GHB release prior should be discounted for helping out the current report. But yeah, BB, Prospero Burns, and GSC were probably the killers.


GHB was actually published DURING the period, july or august I think.


You're right, looking back I remember it was after the summer campaign. So I'd put GHB on the list of big deals.

Best Painted (2015 Adepticon 40k Champs)

They Shall Know Fear - Adepticon 40k TT Champion (2012 & 2013) & 40k TT Best Sport (2014), 40k TT Best Tactician (2015 & 2016) 
   
Made in gb
Eternally-Stimulated Slaanesh Dreadnought





 Hulksmash wrote:
Lord Kragan wrote:
 Hulksmash wrote:
Sylvaneth did very well to from what it seemed and I don't think the GHB release prior should be discounted for helping out the current report. But yeah, BB, Prospero Burns, and GSC were probably the killers.


GHB was actually published DURING the period, july or august I think.


You're right, looking back I remember it was after the summer campaign. So I'd put GHB on the list of big deals.


Don't forget beastclaw raiders as well and bonesplitterz.

Still considering all the changes that kevin has been doing it seems it has payed off I hope they keep this up.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/01/10 15:45:06


 
   
Made in us
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General






Home Base: Waconia, MN (Minneapolis)

I think Beastclaw and Bonesplitterz were pre-sylvaneth which just squeeked in but I could be wrong.

Best Painted (2015 Adepticon 40k Champs)

They Shall Know Fear - Adepticon 40k TT Champion (2012 & 2013) & 40k TT Best Sport (2014), 40k TT Best Tactician (2015 & 2016) 
   
Made in gb
Eternally-Stimulated Slaanesh Dreadnought





 Hulksmash wrote:
I think Beastclaw and Bonesplitterz were pre-sylvaneth which just squeeked in but I could be wrong.


They were after sylvaneth beastclaws came out during the summer campaign and bonesplitterz I think soon after beastclaws.
   
Made in us
Terminator with Assault Cannon






So skimming over this, what i got from is the GW profits are up, but are the up by a lot or just a little.

kill ALL the orks!

1500 pts Legion of the Damned (Salamanders)
1500 point Dewathwings  
   
Made in gb
Eternally-Stimulated Slaanesh Dreadnought





 Backspacehacker wrote:
So skimming over this, what i got from is the GW profits are up, but are the up by a lot or just a little.


Er it's not just a little they got near double. In 6 months.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/01/10 17:11:58


 
   
Made in us
Terminator with Assault Cannon






 shinros wrote:
 Backspacehacker wrote:
So skimming over this, what i got from is the GW profits are up, but are the up by a lot or just a little.


Er it's not just a little they got near double. In 6 months.


well that is good then, but then again, thats also with the Christmas sales which always will boost stocks, no?

I think the real teller is going to be the first half of 2017. My main concern is look how much they have put out in just 6 months, im kinda skeptical they will be able to keep up on the amount of stuff they are pumping out.

Not a GW doomsayer, just worried they might be pushing to much and will run out of stuff to sell.

As always though, im really interested to see if they will release sale of product lines.

kill ALL the orks!

1500 pts Legion of the Damned (Salamanders)
1500 point Dewathwings  
   
Made in gb
Eternally-Stimulated Slaanesh Dreadnought





 Backspacehacker wrote:
 shinros wrote:
 Backspacehacker wrote:
So skimming over this, what i got from is the GW profits are up, but are the up by a lot or just a little.


Er it's not just a little they got near double. In 6 months.


well that is good then, but then again, thats also with the Christmas sales which always will boost stocks, no?

I think the real teller is going to be the first half of 2017. My main concern is look how much they have put out in just 6 months, im kinda skeptical they will be able to keep up on the amount of stuff they are pumping out.

Not a GW doomsayer, just worried they might be pushing to much and will run out of stuff to sell.

As always though, im really interested to see if they will release sale of product lines.


Er it was up to november 27th.
   
Made in us
Terminator with Assault Cannon






Detailed results? im more interested in the sale of product lines after the AoS release and GHB.

kill ALL the orks!

1500 pts Legion of the Damned (Salamanders)
1500 point Dewathwings  
   
Made in se
Executing Exarch






 Backspacehacker wrote:
Detailed results? im more interested in the sale of product lines after the AoS release and GHB.


There aren't any.
   
Made in us
Terminator with Assault Cannon






 Mymearan wrote:
 Backspacehacker wrote:
Detailed results? im more interested in the sale of product lines after the AoS release and GHB.


There aren't any.


poo :(

Either way, good that they are up, i just hope they can keep it going.

kill ALL the orks!

1500 pts Legion of the Damned (Salamanders)
1500 point Dewathwings  
   
Made in us
Dipping With Wood Stain



Welwyn Garden City, Herts

 Backspacehacker wrote:
 Mymearan wrote:
 Backspacehacker wrote:
Detailed results? im more interested in the sale of product lines after the AoS release and GHB.


There aren't any.


poo :(

Either way, good that they are up, i just hope they can keep it going.


As detailed as they get if you don;t work for GW (or their auditors):


[url]
https://19485-presscdn-0-14-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/2016-17-Press-Statement-final.pdf[/url]

   
Made in gb
Eternally-Stimulated Slaanesh Dreadnought





What I find most funny is this part.


Risks and uncertainties
The board has overall responsibility for ensuring risk is appropriately managed across the Group. As
discussed in the 2016 annual report, the top five risks to the Group are reviewed at each board
meeting. The risks are rated as to their business impact and their likelihood of occurring. In addition,
the Group has a disaster recovery plan to ensure ongoing operations are maintained in all
circumstances.
The principal risks for the balance of the year are the same as those identified in the
2016 annual report and are discussed below:

So they might have some hidden release in the corner somewhere in case for emergencies?
   
Made in us
Enigmatic Chaos Sorcerer




Tampa, FL

 shinros wrote:
What I find most funny is this part.


Risks and uncertainties
The board has overall responsibility for ensuring risk is appropriately managed across the Group. As
discussed in the 2016 annual report, the top five risks to the Group are reviewed at each board
meeting. The risks are rated as to their business impact and their likelihood of occurring. In addition,
the Group has a disaster recovery plan to ensure ongoing operations are maintained in all
circumstances.
The principal risks for the balance of the year are the same as those identified in the
2016 annual report and are discussed below:

So they might have some hidden release in the corner somewhere in case for emergencies?


Plastic Sisters, clearly. The way people I know eat up every new release GW puts out, almost blindly, they'd just have to do something like that and then watch as all the money rolls in.

- Wayne
Formerly WayneTheGame 
   
Made in gb
Eternally-Stimulated Slaanesh Dreadnought





Wayniac wrote:
 shinros wrote:
What I find most funny is this part.


Risks and uncertainties
The board has overall responsibility for ensuring risk is appropriately managed across the Group. As
discussed in the 2016 annual report, the top five risks to the Group are reviewed at each board
meeting. The risks are rated as to their business impact and their likelihood of occurring. In addition,
the Group has a disaster recovery plan to ensure ongoing operations are maintained in all
circumstances.
The principal risks for the balance of the year are the same as those identified in the
2016 annual report and are discussed below:

So they might have some hidden release in the corner somewhere in case for emergencies?


Plastic Sisters, clearly. The way people I know eat up every new release GW puts out, almost blindly, they'd just have to do something like that and then watch as all the money rolls in.


Honestly I was just thinking that was it.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Haha, now now, we all know that emergency button will release a horde of abhumans that were thought eaten by the Nids but will turn out to be wearing them as skinned disguises instead and will arrive by blowing up half of the hive fleet.

Anyway, really great to hear the report and pretty confident GW will keep pumping out amazing releases if the Tzeentch stuff is any indication.

#LongLiveGW #AgeofRountree.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/01/10 18:34:11


 
   
Made in us
Brainy Zoanthrope






West Bend WI.

In addition,
the Group has a disaster recovery plan to ensure ongoing operations are maintained in all
circumstances.


Um, that's not what you guys think it means if you are not kidding. A disaster recovery plan is put in place to continue operation in a disaster. Plant burns down, how do you make models? President of the company dies, who knows his role and can take over? Your distributor blows up, who can replace them to ship your stuff. The business I work for has a recovery plan down to every machine operator on our plant floor.

8000pts.
7000pts.
5000pts.
on the way. 
   
Made in gb
Lit By the Flames of Prospero





Rampton, UK

 ChainswordHeretic wrote:
In addition,
the Group has a disaster recovery plan to ensure ongoing operations are maintained in all
circumstances.


Um, that's not what you guys think it means if you are not kidding. A disaster recovery plan is put in place to continue operation in a disaster. Plant burns down, how do you make models? President of the company dies, who knows his role and can take over? Your distributor blows up, who can replace them to ship your stuff. The business I work for has a recovery plan down to every machine operator on our plant floor.


I think the chap that said it was Joking !

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2017/01/10 18:49:39


 
   
Made in be
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Rayvon wrote:
 ChainswordHeretic wrote:
In addition,
the Group has a disaster recovery plan to ensure ongoing operations are maintained in all
circumstances.


Um, that's not what you guys think it means if you are not kidding. A disaster recovery plan is put in place to continue operation in a disaster. Plant burns down, how do you make models? President of the company dies, who knows his role and can take over? Your distributor blows up, who can replace them to ship your stuff. The business I work for has a recovery plan down to every machine operator on our plant floor.


I think the chap that said it was Joking !



You can never tell around here
What with all the armchair CEO's who couldn't sell a napkin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/01/10 18:59:09


 
   
Made in gb
The Daemon Possessing Fulgrim's Body





Devon, UK

Was that really necessary?

We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't. - Frank Howard Clark

The wise man doubts often, and changes his mind; the fool is obstinate, and doubts not; he knows all things but his own ignorance.

The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!” Professor Brian Cox

Ask me about
Barnstaple Slayers Club 
   
Made in gb
Eternally-Stimulated Slaanesh Dreadnought





 Rayvon wrote:
 ChainswordHeretic wrote:
In addition,
the Group has a disaster recovery plan to ensure ongoing operations are maintained in all
circumstances.


Um, that's not what you guys think it means if you are not kidding. A disaster recovery plan is put in place to continue operation in a disaster. Plant burns down, how do you make models? President of the company dies, who knows his role and can take over? Your distributor blows up, who can replace them to ship your stuff. The business I work for has a recovery plan down to every machine operator on our plant floor.


I think the chap that said it was Joking !



I was indeed joking. Still as I said I hope they keep this up.
   
 
Forum Index » Dakka Discussions
Go to: