Switch Theme:

The 2020 Infinity News and Rumors thread -- N4, C1 and everything else  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 Knight wrote:
Where have you heard that? Curious.

Reverse engineering voodoo tech is bound to go well.

From some people who have received their Kaldstrom stuff over on the official forums.

I do think it worth mentioning that the Satori facility for YJ was experimenting with captured plasma tech per Paradiso, so this isn't super new stuff.
   
Made in us
Combat Jumping Ragik






Beyond the Beltway

Well Gamenerdz is now saying May as the release date.

I wonder if CB will release a PDF of the newly designed tokens.

 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

Big Wall of Text from CB about products available for Code One:
Spoiler:

By the time you’re reading this, you might have seen Operation: Kaldstrøm on internet. Maybe someone has show you the contents of the box, or maybe you found our new website - infinityuniverse.com

Whatever the reason, the most important thing is that you are here and that you’ve had a chance to be blown away by the incredible miniatures that we manufacture, and that it has enticed you to be a little more curious about our game and how you can enjoy the Infinity experience.

Infinity CodeOne is the best way to dive into the Infinity Universe because it is scalable, streamlined, and a lot of fun. Let me guide you through your first steps into Infinity CodeOne through a series of articles that we will be sharing with you - starting with this one.

In today’s post we will show you what products are available, and will one be part of Infinity CodeOne.

Operation: Kaldstrøm

This will be the first step: the best way to begin your collection and to get started with the Infinity CodeOne rules.

With this Battle Pack, you will have everything you need to play - including the miniatures, rule booklet, a mat to determine the playing area, high-quality scenery, dice, a ruler, and markers.

Operation: Kaldstrøm will introduce you to a series of missions, to the basic mechanics, and the different Skills that our characters can perform while you add new troops to our army list.

Once you have finished the initiation booklet, you will be ready to play your first game of Infinity CodeOne without any sort of guidelines.

Dire Foes:Retaliation

With this box you can enjoy a new and exciting mission involving an ambassador from Yu Jing. It is time to show off what you have learned with the guide from the Operation: Kaldstrøm box. Dire Foes: Retaliation is the best second step towards the Infinity experience.

Also, Dire Foes: Retaliation will allow you to expand your collection with new miniatures and add more options to configure your list - including a hero. You can give your army list a personality!


After playing a few games with your troops, it's time to take the next step in rules.
In this manual, you'll find all the basic mechanics you’ve learned with Operation: Kaldstrøm as well as new skills, equipment, and more weapons - exponentially increasing your tactical options.

From here, the path splits in regards to different branches of products. This way you can expand your collection and your journey through the rich universe of Infinity.

I will give you a short summary of each one of those packs, so that you can choose the order in which you want to continue, since there is no wrong choice.

Exploit your gameplay, explore new options, experiment with new tactics - and most important of all, have fun!


Beyond Kaldstrøm

If you are looking for new troops and profile options, this box is the expansion you need.
Not only will you expand your collection with spectacular miniatures, but it will also give you access to three elite troops trained to make a difference on the battlefield.

Support Pack

If your troops have taken injuries and need to be patched up,the Support Pack will help them become operational again, and to continue waging war on the game board.
With this box you will have access to a Doctor and an Engineer - two specialist troops. They will be a key piece to fulfill the different objectives of the Infinity CodeOne missions, so you will not have to wait for casualties for these troops to play a role on the battlefield.
It also includes two Servants. These small remotes extend the range of action of your specialists, without any risk to your precious specialists.

Remotes Pack

Remotes are all versatility! This box brings us two Remotes that we can configure to suit our needs or play style. From a fast Remote capable of stunning the enemy, to another with the ability to fulfill mission objectives within the enemy ranks.
Without leaving out its more offensive version, with the option of a destructive Missile Launcher or with a Machine Gun and the Total Reaction ability, which will turn this Remote into a lethal defensive turret.

TAG Pack

With this box come the heavy infantry - the titans of battle! The avatars of destruction!!
Huge Tactical Armored Gearwith great protection - a spearhead that will smash enemy forces into paste.

Booster Pack Alpha/Beta

These expansion boxes will let us expand our collection of miniatures and increase the possibilities of configuring of our lists.
It gives us access to elite troops with Hidden Deployment, Combat Jumps, or deadly marksmen.
It never hurts to have the best soldiers for battle.

Hero

With this blister you will not only have access to a unique and very interesting Troop profile - it is a way to bestow your list with the charisma of a renowned hero. Line them up with your army and lead your troops to victory.

Now that you know all the available options, configure your army and embark on a unique adventure with Infinity CodeOne.
   
Made in us
Krazed Killa Kan





SoCal

Now to wait and see if anything really changed for N4, or if it's Warmachine Mk3 all over.

   
Made in us
[DCM]
*







Fingers crossed for N4...

   
Made in au
Longtime Dakkanaut





Melbourne, Australia

Lots of people currently reviewing C1 rules as if they're for N4. I really wish they'd stop.

The galaxy is littered with the single-planet graveyards of civilisations which made the economically sensible decision not to explore space. 
   
Made in si
Skillful Swordmaster





 Vertrucio wrote:
Now to wait and see if anything really changed for N4, or if it's Warmachine Mk3 all over.


I managed to get a friend interested again, I really hope they tone down the hacking shenanigans.

Wonder if PanO is going to get one or two more generic HI. With SAA going away, there's definitely room, unless the knights call dibs on it again.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut







At this point, I think the worst that can be said about Code One is:
* Corvus Belli still needs to hire a better graphic designer/document layout person. (Or at least one that can say "No, that looks cool but it's terrible to read" to some of the formatted choices.
* There is still an International English accent to the Rules English.
* Of course it needs a FAQ or errata to cover a few issues.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/04/29 14:44:42


 
   
Made in us
Superior Stormvermin





Texas

Just a note...the actual website is

www.infinitytheuniverse.com

...they posted it incorrectly in their blog above.

Urusei Yatsura, Cerebus the Aardvark, Machiavelli, Plato and Happy Days. So, how was your childhood? 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
*







.Mikes. wrote:Lots of people currently reviewing C1 rules as if they're for N4. I really wish they'd stop.


How so? And where?

But then, this was always a possibility and almost bound to happen - they're kind of fracturing their own player base - it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.


solkan wrote:At this point, I think the worst that can be said about Code One is:
* Corvus Belli still needs to hire a better graphic designer/document layout person. (Or at least one that can say "No, that looks cool but it's terrible to read" to some of the formatted choices.
* There is still an International English accent to the Rules English.
* Of course it needs a FAQ or errata to cover a few issues.


It is really disappointing that this keeps happening - I feel like they're 'big enough' to hire real, professional and good translators AND editors to handle this stuff.


Sacredroach wrote:Just a note...the actual website is

www.infinitytheuniverse.com

...they posted it incorrectly in their blog above.


That's pretty funny...
   
Made in ca
Thermo-Optical Tuareg





California

Are the Ye Mao, Vargr, and Shang Ji all expected to be part of the Beyond Kaldstrom set? I'm probably more interested in them than what's in the main box.

That being said, there are a few Kaldstrom figures I wouldn't mind. Is anyone splitting the box?

   
Made in us
[DCM]
*







I'm getting a box, and I don't need/want the Yu Jing parts - I'm in the USA, and would be happy to split a box with you - just PM me.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut







 Alpharius wrote:

solkan wrote:At this point, I think the worst that can be said about Code One is:
* Corvus Belli still needs to hire a better graphic designer/document layout person. (Or at least one that can say "No, that looks cool but it's terrible to read" to some of the formatted choices.
* There is still an International English accent to the Rules English.
* Of course it needs a FAQ or errata to cover a few issues.


It is really disappointing that this keeps happening - I feel like they're 'big enough' to hire real, professional and good translators AND editors to handle this stuff.


Yeah, I don’t know. I don’t think the wiki for CodeOne is up yet, but it’ll be interesting to see if IJW duplicates all of the formatting in some areas.

For what it’s worth, it looks like they’ve quietly errata’d two or three issues in the PDF so far (missing sentence in regeneration, extra bullet point in seed state, are the two that I know of).

I don’t know if it’s a matter of “big enough” for the editors and others, or if it’s a matter of allowing enough time, and being willing to let someone else do it.
   
Made in si
Skillful Swordmaster





But then, this was always a possibility and almost bound to happen - they're kind of fracturing their own player base - it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.


I don't feel this is happening. Originally I thought I'd like C1 far more, as it is, I feel C1 has the right idea and it's a good way to build your Infinity community. The execution might be a bit sloppy but nothing that can't be polished, if there's the right will behind it.

Granted, veteran players might feel otherwise, but personally, I was never a fan of simply throwing a starting player with them, they are boxing on entire different level. There are exceptions but those people tend to confirm to a particular type of player and will likely make their purchases independently of the CB's roadmap to full Infinity experience.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/04/30 06:45:33


 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 Barzam wrote:
Are the Ye Mao, Vargr, and Shang Ji all expected to be part of the Beyond Kaldstrom set? I'm probably more interested in them than what's in the main box.

That being said, there are a few Kaldstrom figures I wouldn't mind. Is anyone splitting the box?


Beyond Kaldstrom is Locust (marksman rifle), Vargar (spitfire) and Boyg (missile launcher) vs Shang Ji (hacker), Jing Qo and Ye Mao (spitfire).
   
Made in au
Longtime Dakkanaut





Melbourne, Australia

 Alpharius wrote:
.Mikes. wrote:Lots of people currently reviewing C1 rules as if they're for N4. I really wish they'd stop.


How so? And where?



Basically any Infinity forum and facebook group and several youtube reviews. I won't link any as I don't want to spread the negativity, but the general gist is "OMG, I can't believe they lost X!" and "I can't believe you can't do Y anymore", and "It's so much worse without Z", without stopping to think that Code One can't 'lose' anything because it's a new game.

Anyway, I've read the rules and I can't say I'm enthused. I'll just wait for N4.... not that I really have a choicse right now.

The galaxy is littered with the single-planet graveyards of civilisations which made the economically sensible decision not to explore space. 
   
Made in ca
Thermo-Optical Tuareg





California

 ImAGeek wrote:
 Barzam wrote:
Are the Ye Mao, Vargr, and Shang Ji all expected to be part of the Beyond Kaldstrom set? I'm probably more interested in them than what's in the main box.

That being said, there are a few Kaldstrom figures I wouldn't mind. Is anyone splitting the box?


Beyond Kaldstrom is Locust (marksman rifle), Vargar (spitfire) and Boyg (missile launcher) vs Shang Ji (hacker), Jing Qo and Ye Mao (spitfire).


Well, that sounds like I'm going to have to get a set.

Alpharius, you have a PM, BTW.

   
Made in us
[DCM]
*







 solkan wrote:
 Alpharius wrote:

solkan wrote:At this point, I think the worst that can be said about Code One is:
* Corvus Belli still needs to hire a better graphic designer/document layout person. (Or at least one that can say "No, that looks cool but it's terrible to read" to some of the formatted choices.
* There is still an International English accent to the Rules English.
* Of course it needs a FAQ or errata to cover a few issues.


It is really disappointing that this keeps happening - I feel like they're 'big enough' to hire real, professional and good translators AND editors to handle this stuff.


Yeah, I don’t know. I don’t think the wiki for CodeOne is up yet, but it’ll be interesting to see if IJW duplicates all of the formatting in some areas.

For what it’s worth, it looks like they’ve quietly errata’d two or three issues in the PDF so far (missing sentence in regeneration, extra bullet point in seed state, are the two that I know of).

I don’t know if it’s a matter of “big enough” for the editors and others, or if it’s a matter of allowing enough time, and being willing to let someone else do it.


I think it is mostly that?

For whatever reason, they seem to be unwilling to let some other professional editors/translators/etc. tackle it...
   
Made in us
Combat Jumping Ragik






Beyond the Beltway

Ah, releases for June... and big images.

Greif Operator


Feuerbach Securitat


Action Pack for Combined Army. Yeah, "Action Pack" sounds totes '80's to me too.


0-12 Delta medic and helper-bot


Pan-O Beyond Kaldstrom ( mitt ein Chonky Bøyg, und Locust und vargar)


Yu Jing Beyond Kaldstrom (Ye Mao, Shang Ji and good ol' Jing Qo)


it's a nice collection, the beyond box, THB. Will get.
July releases are rumored to be...
-O-12 Support Pack
-Foreign Company 300Pt Pack
-Yaokong Remotes Pack
-Dronbot Remotes Pack
-Combined Army Support Pack
-Tao Wu Mastermind (Aristeia! skin)

Gamenerdz has been shipping the Kaldstrom boxes. Mine arrived today, so I'll be seeing what sort of shinies are inside this evening. And of course, the *need* to assemble and prime everything pretty much sorts my week-end.

 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
*







Got my Kaldstrom box in - nice stuff!

And I'm really looking forward to more S-WFor PanO minis in the coming weeks/months - it'll be nice to have a well themed army for my all time favorite Sectorial!
   
Made in us
Combat Jumping Ragik






Beyond the Beltway

The LE ninja... a big gap where the cloak meets the left arm for me. I'll actually have to use putty on a CB mini for the first time in ages . The female Zhanshi assembed very well. Asz soon as my hands are up to it again, I'll clean and assemble a few more. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

That terrain pack has some weight to it, eh? The dice seem higher quality than my other Pan-O (Icestorm) and Yu Jing (Red Veil) dice. Did CB go with a different source for them?

 
   
Made in gb
Camouflaged Ariadna Scout





Corvus belli july releases

PanO Dronbots




Yu Jing Support Pack



Yu Jing Yaokong remotes




Combined Army Support Pack


O-12 Support Pack



Aristeia TaoWu Mastermind



   
Made in gb
Devastating Dark Reaper





Vietnam

New remotes are nice, will pick up the Yu Jing ones. Disappointed with every other faction getting a nw support pack that they decided to just repack the Dr Worm. Just looks silly with all the new releases and new designs. Will be using something else as a proxie.

   
Made in au
Longtime Dakkanaut





Melbourne, Australia

 BobbaFett wrote:


Aristeia TaoWu Mastermind





Ran out of time for the base, eh?

The galaxy is littered with the single-planet graveyards of civilisations which made the economically sensible decision not to explore space. 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
*







Ha - I hadn't even noticed it myself!

I do love all the new PanO stuff too - added it to The List!
   
Made in au
Veteran Inquisitorial Tyranid Xenokiller




Down Under

 .Mikes. wrote:
Spoiler:
 BobbaFett wrote:


Aristeia TaoWu Mastermind





Ran out of time for the base, eh?


A! bases don't generally get the fancy base treatment.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/06/02 05:02:02


Glory is fleeting. Obscurity is forever.




 
   
Made in au
Longtime Dakkanaut





Melbourne, Australia

Huh, I adn't noticed that before either. Although I think the Uhlan wants his base back.

The galaxy is littered with the single-planet graveyards of civilisations which made the economically sensible decision not to explore space. 
   
Made in us
Thermo-Optical Tuareg






Nashville, TN

Love me some Dr. Worm!

"Holy Sh*&, you've opened my eyes and changed my mind about this topic, thanks Dakka OT!"

-Nobody Ever

Proverbs 18:2

"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

 warboss wrote:

GW didn't mean to hit your wallet and I know they love you, baby. I'm sure they won't do it again so it's ok to purchase and make up.


Albatross wrote:I think SlaveToDorkness just became my new hero.

EmilCrane wrote:Finecast is the new Matt Ward.

Don't mess with the Blade and Bolter! 
   
Made in gb
Camouflaged Ariadna Scout




United Kingdom

Dang. I'm starting to feel like the only thing I have to look forward to this side of N4 (maybe) is the new graphic novel.

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





I saw something about a Nomad action pack for August. I assume it'll be a repackaging of existing stuff, but I'm curious what it will be. It seemed to be branded N3 rather than N4/Code One though, which is.... weird.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: