Switch Theme:

Phutarf does Death Guard... Glottkin/chaos Knight conversion continues...  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Sneaky Sniper Drone






Fantastic stuff Phutarf, looking forward to seeing more!

(3000+ Points)
Lizardmen (3000+ point 8th ed army)
GSC (1500ish points)
Legio Astorum, High Elves, Idoneth Deepkin and plenty more on the go.

Hobby blog: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/773927.page 
   
Made in au
Boosting Ultramarine Biker





Australia

Phutarf wrote:

zahnib wrote:Man, your greens are so nice!! I've just spent the morning looking through your cathedral thread, awesome work! Your Death Gaurd look great! The green and cream are perfect, so well executed

Just a shame I never got round to finishing it. Sadly now dissembled and in a box, forlornly awaiting time and space to complete it...

Oh noooooooo. I hope it is easily reassembled. It was such an awesome project. I do hope you get back to it one day

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/04/15 11:55:29


 
   
Made in gb
Boosting Space Marine Biker




Bristol

 zahnib wrote:
Phutarf wrote:

zahnib wrote:Man, your greens are so nice!! I've just spent the morning looking through your cathedral thread, awesome work! Your Death Gaurd look great! The green and cream are perfect, so well executed

Just a shame I never got round to finishing it. Sadly now dissembled and in a box, forlornly awaiting time and space to complete it...

Oh noooooooo. I hope it is easily reassembled. It was such an awesome project. I do hope you get back to it one day


Lol thankfully due to the way it’s constructed it’s pretty modular at present - in order for it to be painted - and would only get glued once done. But..... no idea when that might be I’m afraid. If I win the lottery and have time and space! Of course, the new GW terrain kits mean that people can build even better ones now so it,s a bit dated anyway...
   
Made in au
Boosting Ultramarine Biker





Australia

Phutarf wrote:
 zahnib wrote:
Phutarf wrote:

zahnib wrote:Man, your greens are so nice!! I've just spent the morning looking through your cathedral thread, awesome work! Your Death Gaurd look great! The green and cream are perfect, so well executed

Just a shame I never got round to finishing it. Sadly now dissembled and in a box, forlornly awaiting time and space to complete it...

Oh noooooooo. I hope it is easily reassembled. It was such an awesome project. I do hope you get back to it one day

Lol thankfully due to the way it’s constructed it’s pretty modular at present - in order for it to be painted - and would only get glued once done. But..... no idea when that might be I’m afraid. If I win the lottery and have time and space! Of course, the new GW terrain kits mean that people can build even better ones now so it,s a bit dated anyway...

Hmmmm, maybe an opportunity for an updated version

 
   
Made in gb
Boosting Space Marine Biker




Bristol

Lol nope - there’s more than enough on my DG backlog to keep me occupied Atm!

   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka





6 foot underwater

Well, they're all looking great

cyborks & flyboyz : http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/300067.page
heretical ramblings : http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/302773.page
imperial preachings : http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/303365.page
Da Waaagh-ky Races : http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/325045.page
Briancj: You have the Mek Taint, MT, and the only thing we can do is watch in horror/amazement.

 
   
Made in gb
Boosting Space Marine Biker




Bristol

Wardog finally complete!



More images available in my ‘Khights’ album
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka





6 foot underwater

And very nice he is too, great job

cyborks & flyboyz : http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/300067.page
heretical ramblings : http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/302773.page
imperial preachings : http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/303365.page
Da Waaagh-ky Races : http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/325045.page
Briancj: You have the Mek Taint, MT, and the only thing we can do is watch in horror/amazement.

 
   
Made in gb
Boosting Space Marine Biker




Bristol

Long time no post - here’s my latest project (obviously a work very much in progress!)
   
Made in au
Boosting Ultramarine Biker





Australia

Reminds me of a blobfish: without all that armour to hold up the knight its become a bit shorter and 'blobier'

Look forward to seeing your progress!

 
   
Made in gb
Boosting Space Marine Biker




Bristol

So have been making steady progress on my Glottkin/ chaos knight mashup - my greenstuff skills are being pushed way passed their limits on this one...





   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





Great looking thus far, that greenstuff work is on point, it looks seamless. It will look like an official GW model by the time you have him painted up.

Painting Warhammer 40,000 Conquest a P and M blog : https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/763491.page 
   
Made in gb
Boosting Space Marine Biker




Bristol

ListenToMeWarriors wrote:
Great looking thus far, that greenstuff work is on point, it looks seamless. It will look like an official GW model by the time you have him painted up.


Hmmm.... not sure it’s that good! Should move on to painting shortly, so should see how seamless it looks then - once I can decide what colour to paint the flesh.....
   
Made in au
Boosting Ultramarine Biker





Australia

I'll second ListenToMeWarriors, your GS work looks great! Definitely looking forward to seeing some paint on it

 
   
Made in gb
Boosting Space Marine Biker




Bristol

Well, painting has started - first the principle metallic areas:







Decided that I’d eschew the obligatory Nurgle green for a more “natural” flesh colour, which I’ll then very using different washes.. first things first, trying out making things look nice and sore around the metal areas being subsumed into the flesh:







The original plan was to put a shin guard on, but given how much gloriously putrid flesh will get covered, I may change my mind!
   
Made in gb
Boosting Space Marine Biker




Bristol

Progress..
   
Made in ca
Tail-spinning Tomb Blade Pilot






Oh man, my favourite type of Nurgle is the "uncomfortably natural-flesh with awful inflammations".

I put my vote solidly in favour of "don't hide that with a shin-guard." Or perhaps carve up the shin-guard so it got damaged showing the inflammation behind? Unsure.

   
Made in gb
Boosting Space Marine Biker




Bristol

 Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll wrote:
Oh man, my favourite type of Nurgle is the "uncomfortably natural-flesh with awful inflammations".

I put my vote solidly in favour of "don't hide that with a shin-guard." Or perhaps carve up the shin-guard so it got damaged showing the inflammation behind? Unsure.


You’re in luck my friend, that’s what I’m aiming for:


As for the shin guard, I’m not quite sure yet what I’ll do - think I need to do some more painting first...
   
Made in us
Martial Arts Fiday






Nashville, TN

Some very nice Nurgley goodness in here!

I especially like the blue eye/pustules.
I’m currently starting work on a horde of Spawn. Trust me, that’s getting used!

"Holy Sh*&, you've opened my eyes and changed my mind about this topic, thanks Dakka OT!"

-Nobody Ever

Proverbs 18:2

"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

 warboss wrote:

GW didn't mean to hit your wallet and I know they love you, baby. I'm sure they won't do it again so it's ok to purchase and make up.


Albatross wrote:I think SlaveToDorkness just became my new hero.

EmilCrane wrote:Finecast is the new Matt Ward.

Don't mess with the Blade and Bolter! 
   
Made in au
Boosting Ultramarine Biker





Australia

Its looking so good!! Your sculpting work blends in seamlessly. I'll second Gwyn, it seems like a shame to fully cover all that detail on the shin. Your painting really does your modelling justice as well, awesome work

 
   
Made in gb
Boosting Space Marine Biker




Bristol

 zahnib wrote:
...Your sculpting work blends in seamlessly...


Only if you don’t look too closely....
   
Made in us
Martial Arts Fiday






Nashville, TN

Phutarf wrote:
 zahnib wrote:
...Your sculpting work blends in seamlessly...


Only if you don’t look too closely....


That’s the best part about doing Nurgle, nobody wants to get too close!

"Holy Sh*&, you've opened my eyes and changed my mind about this topic, thanks Dakka OT!"

-Nobody Ever

Proverbs 18:2

"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

 warboss wrote:

GW didn't mean to hit your wallet and I know they love you, baby. I'm sure they won't do it again so it's ok to purchase and make up.


Albatross wrote:I think SlaveToDorkness just became my new hero.

EmilCrane wrote:Finecast is the new Matt Ward.

Don't mess with the Blade and Bolter! 
   
 
Forum Index » Dakka P&M Blogs
Go to: