1. You can do the same with Plasma and save points. 6 more points over a Melta Gun is two Plasma Guns, or 34 points for 2 Melta Guns vs 39 for 3 Plasma Guns. Pretty obvious what's more reliable at that point.
2. Melta Gun =/= Melta Rule. Inferno Pistols are meh in the first place, in which their only saving grace is that they MIGHT be used in melee (unlikely), and a Multi-Melta being 27 points is pretty laughable.
3. The point stands that the saved points add up.
1. Yes, you can. But you need a buffing character if you want to minimize the risk of blowups. Thats at least 75 pts. for SM
2. I wonder how i managed to use inferno pistols with my 10 model DC
unit in CC
. How did i do that if its unlikely in melee ?
And you missed the points for the transport you mentioned, so that's 140 at least just to make their monster decide to tackle a different front and still do damage to your army even in your ideal situation. Not a good strategy against anyone who's not sleep-playing.
Great thing about a razorback is that it can have twin lascannons, and serve as a transport. If you stay away with your daemon/monster, because you are afraid of my tiny 2 model unit, i can use the lascannons to shoot at it.