Switch Theme:

New Codex SM and Chapter Splat Books Coming! (PDF Special Character/BA/SW/DA/DW updates + Errata)  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




UK

 gainsay wrote:
 Zuri Prime wrote:
Not too excited about the supplements, looks like a needless cash grab.

Not going to lap this one up like some other are, GW is returning to its greedy roots.


They literally said no more managing tuns of books at the launch of 8th. Now its just as bad as 7th. Idk why players are so loyal to such a terrible game system.


Because:

1) GW continues to make top end models

2) The Lore is one of the richest and deepest of any of the other wargames. Heck you can spend a fortune and spend years reading codex, rule books, battletomes and novels from BL.

3) The artwork inspires peoples imaginations

4) GW is big and popular - big thing this - so you can collect for the two main games and pretty much travel anywhere and if there's a game club that plays miniature wargames they will likely play 40K and AoS (bit weaker on AoS but its growing super fast)

A Blog in Miniature - now featuring reviews of many new Black Library books (latest Novellas) 
   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps




 gainsay wrote:
GoatboyBeta wrote:
I'm curious about the "redacted" supplements. If its just the existing variant chapters(BA, DA, SW and DW) why bother hiding them? Including the White Scars book would take up all five. Yet we know that an IH character is inbound so chances are good they will get there own book as well.


Im going to laugh when is like White Scars, Fists, Salamanders and DA, BA, SW players flip.

Not sure what you mean. It _is_ going to be Scars, Iron Hands, Fists, Ravens and Sallies. The Scars supplement is in the article, and the IH Forge Father (or whatever) has been lurking around for months.
I'd expect the Fists one to come alongside the upgrade sprue that was stashed in the Xmas box, and probably a Primarized Lysander or someone.


The angels and wolves have their own respective codex for their wacky stuff, and can refer to the new book for all the datasheets. So they're effectively 'supplements' already.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/08/03 21:18:29


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 John Prins wrote:
The question is, can the Impulsor carry troops - is it a Primaris Razorback, or a light Predator? No side doors, but given the rear engine spacing there might be a rear ramp. If it's just a flying Predator-lite I hope it gets better than 3 heavy stubbers and 2 heavy bolters.


Well, that’ll be the Impulsor. We know that you’ve been after a dedicated transport for your Primaris Space Marines, and this is the answer!
   
Made in us
Tough Tyrant Guard





 John Prins wrote:
The question is, can the Impulsor carry troops - is it a Primaris Razorback, or a light Predator? No side doors, but given the rear engine spacing there might be a rear ramp. If it's just a flying Predator-lite I hope it gets better than 3 heavy stubbers and 2 heavy bolters.


"Well, that’ll be the Impulsor. We know that you’ve been after a dedicated transport for your Primaris Space Marines, and this is the answer! We’ll have more on these units over the coming weeks, so stay tuned."

In the article.

-Ninja'd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/08/03 21:16:21


PourSpelur wrote:
It's fully within the rules for me to look up your Facebook page, find out your dear Mother Gladys is single, take her on a lovely date, and tell you all the details of our hot, sweaty, animal sex during your psychic phase.
I mean, fifty bucks is on the line.
There's no rule that says I can't.
Hive Fleet Hercual - 6760pts
Hazaak Dynasty - 3400 pts
Seraphon - 4600pts
 
   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps




 John Prins wrote:
The question is, can the Impulsor carry troops - is it a Primaris Razorback, or a light Predator? No side doors, but given the rear engine spacing there might be a rear ramp. If it's just a flying Predator-lite I hope it gets better than 3 heavy stubbers and 2 heavy bolters.


Article wrote:Well, that’ll be the Impulsor. We know that you’ve been after a dedicated transport for your Primaris Space Marines, and this is the answer!


many, many ninjas.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/08/03 21:16:52


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in us
Major General





Florence, KY

 John Prins wrote:
The question is, can the Impulsor carry troops - is it a Primaris Razorback, or a light Predator? No side doors, but given the rear engine spacing there might be a rear ramp. If it's just a flying Predator-lite I hope it gets better than 3 heavy stubbers and 2 heavy bolters.

Well, the Warhammer Community artucle says...

But what about the cool-looking tank? Well, that’ll be the Impulsor. We know that you’ve been after a dedicated transport for your Primaris Space Marines, and this is the answer!

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in gb
Been Around the Block




The dread is the thing I'm least sold on, but it harkens back to very old RT era lore, where it was said there were dreadnoughts operated in a more conventional manner.

   
Made in au
[MOD]
Cutting stuff up and bunging it back together in new and interesting ways.






Under the couch

2007 called...





I like the dread, though. Particularly love the hip-mounted 'pistol'... That's an awesome little detail.

The Impulsor (really?) is possibly even more silly looking than I expected.

Love the snipers, and the embiggened Khan will be useful if I ever get around to my 'Primaris-sized Primarchs' project...

   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





 gainsay wrote:
GoatboyBeta wrote:
I'm curious about the "redacted" supplements. If its just the existing variant chapters(BA, DA, SW and DW) why bother hiding them? Including the White Scars book would take up all five. Yet we know that an IH character is inbound so chances are good they will get there own book as well.


Im going to laugh when is like White Scars, Fists, Salamanders and DA, BA, SW players flip.


Don’t really get what you’re saying. Why would they get mad?
6 at least supplements (likely Scars, Fists, Iron Hands, Ultramarines, Raven Guard, Salamanders), and then the three codexes to cover Da, Ba, Sw.
That covers all the foundings (and their successors) and then everyone’s happy
   
Made in ie
Missionary On A Mission





 Dakka Flakka Flame wrote:
 Overread wrote:
I'm thinking that as Endless Spells did so well for AoS and that its production GW can shift to China we'll see 40K copy the mechanic over. Much like faction terrain has become a thing for 40K and AoS. I can well see different factions getting different spells whilst forces like Tau would get something like a "summon drones" ability etc... What will be interesting is if things like the demon faction Endless Spells carry over to 40K like the models do. Imagine having flaming heads spewing hook whips charging across in 40K!

I like Endless Spells in AoS, but in 40k something about them doesn't sit right for me outside of maybe games set in the Cicatrix Maledictum.

Certain battlefield effects like a vortex for a tear into the warp or a poison gas cloud might be cool, but those aren't rally speels.

I guess I keep thinking about a direct port of them from AoS to 40k, but GW might implement them in a different way that I will find really cool. I guess I'll have to wait and see.


If it was framed as a tyranid spore cloud or swarm of buzzer squigs or necron nanoscarab hive does that make you feel any better? Because its all just the same crap to sell models with different names.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/08/03 21:24:07


   
Made in gb
Implacable Skitarii





RE: Psychic Awakening, as long as all armies get some sort of attack & defense then I do not mind too much - looking at you Necrons, Tau & AdMech.

Praise the Omnissiah

About 4k of .

Imperial Knights (Valiant, Warden & Armigers)

Some Misc. Imperium units etc. Assassins...

About 2k of  
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




Danny76 wrote:
 gainsay wrote:
GoatboyBeta wrote:
I'm curious about the "redacted" supplements. If its just the existing variant chapters(BA, DA, SW and DW) why bother hiding them? Including the White Scars book would take up all five. Yet we know that an IH character is inbound so chances are good they will get there own book as well.


Im going to laugh when is like White Scars, Fists, Salamanders and DA, BA, SW players flip.


Don’t really get what you’re saying. Why would they get mad?
6 at least supplements (likely Scars, Fists, Iron Hands, Ultramarines, Raven Guard, Salamanders), and then the three codexes to cover Da, Ba, Sw.
That covers all the foundings (and their successors) and then everyone’s happy

I'm not exactly happy. This is the SAME EXACT BLOAT we got in 7th.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
Danny76 wrote:
 gainsay wrote:
GoatboyBeta wrote:
I'm curious about the "redacted" supplements. If its just the existing variant chapters(BA, DA, SW and DW) why bother hiding them? Including the White Scars book would take up all five. Yet we know that an IH character is inbound so chances are good they will get there own book as well.


Im going to laugh when is like White Scars, Fists, Salamanders and DA, BA, SW players flip.


Don’t really get what you’re saying. Why would they get mad?
6 at least supplements (likely Scars, Fists, Iron Hands, Ultramarines, Raven Guard, Salamanders), and then the three codexes to cover Da, Ba, Sw.
That covers all the foundings (and their successors) and then everyone’s happy

I'm not exactly happy. This is the SAME EXACT BLOAT we got in 7th.


That’s a different (valid) issue/complaint entirely to his post though.
   
Made in us
Black Captain of Carn Dûm





Michigan

please do not pass up Salamanders and Primaris Vulkan He'stan
   
Made in gb
Dark Angels Librarian with Book of Secrets





Cardiff

 Sim-Life wrote:
 Dakka Flakka Flame wrote:
 Overread wrote:
I'm thinking that as Endless Spells did so well for AoS and that its production GW can shift to China we'll see 40K copy the mechanic over. Much like faction terrain has become a thing for 40K and AoS. I can well see different factions getting different spells whilst forces like Tau would get something like a "summon drones" ability etc... What will be interesting is if things like the demon faction Endless Spells carry over to 40K like the models do. Imagine having flaming heads spewing hook whips charging across in 40K!

I like Endless Spells in AoS, but in 40k something about them doesn't sit right for me outside of maybe games set in the Cicatrix Maledictum.

Certain battlefield effects like a vortex for a tear into the warp or a poison gas cloud might be cool, but those aren't rally speels.

I guess I keep thinking about a direct port of them from AoS to 40k, but GW might implement them in a different way that I will find really cool. I guess I'll have to wait and see.


If it was framed as a tyranid spore cloud or swarm of buzzer squigs or necron nanoscarab hive does that make you feel any better? Because its all just the same crap to sell models with different names.


“Oh you think your army is done? Here’s a set of rules and models you NEED to buy to keep up with the meta...”

 Stormonu wrote:
For me, the joy is in putting some good-looking models on the board and playing out a fantasy battle - not arguing over the poorly-made rules of some 3rd party who neither has any power over my play nor will be visiting me (and my opponent) to ensure we are "playing by the rules"
 
   
Made in us
Black Captain of Carn Dûm





Michigan

Also, if you cant handle 9 distinct chapter variations of extra rules, its probably a good indication you should never get into HH lmao. Its not hard to remember what color marine does what.
   
Made in gb
Basecoated Black




East Midlands

WhiteDog wrote:
With a little bit of luck, the Imperial Fist codex will also talks about Crimson Fist and Black Templars ?


Hopefully. Imperial Fists are long overdue a codex discussing them and their successors.

Additionally some Imperial Fists/Crimson Fists moulded chapter badge shoulder pads please. Like the ones they released with the Xmas Battleforce box and never got round to adding as a separately purchasable upgrade sprue. Perhaps with the new Primaris options and the Shoulder pads with the quarter circle undercuts they are making a new upgrade design. I hope so.

Lastly, Primaris'd Pedro Kantor and Alessio Cortez please.
   
Made in gb
Khorne Veteran Marine with Chain-Axe




 JohnnyHell wrote:
 Sim-Life wrote:
 Dakka Flakka Flame wrote:
 Overread wrote:
I'm thinking that as Endless Spells did so well for AoS and that its production GW can shift to China we'll see 40K copy the mechanic over. Much like faction terrain has become a thing for 40K and AoS. I can well see different factions getting different spells whilst forces like Tau would get something like a "summon drones" ability etc... What will be interesting is if things like the demon faction Endless Spells carry over to 40K like the models do. Imagine having flaming heads spewing hook whips charging across in 40K!

I like Endless Spells in AoS, but in 40k something about them doesn't sit right for me outside of maybe games set in the Cicatrix Maledictum.

Certain battlefield effects like a vortex for a tear into the warp or a poison gas cloud might be cool, but those aren't rally speels.

I guess I keep thinking about a direct port of them from AoS to 40k, but GW might implement them in a different way that I will find really cool. I guess I'll have to wait and see.


If it was framed as a tyranid spore cloud or swarm of buzzer squigs or necron nanoscarab hive does that make you feel any better? Because its all just the same crap to sell models with different names.


“Oh you think your army is done? Here’s a set of rules and models you NEED to buy to keep up with the meta...”


It's down to the players if they want to chase the meta. They could just be happy playing with what they have in their own circles.
   
Made in us
Mekboy Hammerin' Somethin'




Alaska

 Sim-Life wrote:
Spoiler:
 Dakka Flakka Flame wrote:
 Overread wrote:
I'm thinking that as Endless Spells did so well for AoS and that its production GW can shift to China we'll see 40K copy the mechanic over. Much like faction terrain has become a thing for 40K and AoS. I can well see different factions getting different spells whilst forces like Tau would get something like a "summon drones" ability etc... What will be interesting is if things like the demon faction Endless Spells carry over to 40K like the models do. Imagine having flaming heads spewing hook whips charging across in 40K!

I like Endless Spells in AoS, but in 40k something about them doesn't sit right for me outside of maybe games set in the Cicatrix Maledictum.

Certain battlefield effects like a vortex for a tear into the warp or a poison gas cloud might be cool, but those aren't rally speels.

I guess I keep thinking about a direct port of them from AoS to 40k, but GW might implement them in a different way that I will find really cool. I guess I'll have to wait and see.


If it was framed as a tyranid spore cloud or swarm of buzzer squigs or necron nanoscarab hive does that make you feel any better? Because its all just the same crap to sell models with different names.

Framing is important to me. Like, all Black Library books exist to sell toys, but I still enjoy reading some and don't enjoy reading others.

If they do a good job with the models and coming up with a narrative that makes sense (in the context of 40k) then I will be happy. If it's just a lazy cash grab I won't.

YELL REAL LOUD AN' CARRY A BIG CHOPPA! 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





Maybe I'm just missing something but it is a bit concerning how other than the cover of the additional suppliments (Unless that's a Primaris too?) there's no seemingly sight of Space Marines in the preview stuff, it's all Primaris Marines.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/08/03 21:36:36


 
   
Made in gb
Dark Angels Librarian with Book of Secrets





Cardiff

 Mentlegen324 wrote:
Maybe I'm just missing something but it is a bit concerning how other than the cover of the additional suppliments there's no seemingly sight of Space Marines in the preview stuff, it's all Primaris Marines.


I think that’s kinda the point...

 Stormonu wrote:
For me, the joy is in putting some good-looking models on the board and playing out a fantasy battle - not arguing over the poorly-made rules of some 3rd party who neither has any power over my play nor will be visiting me (and my opponent) to ensure we are "playing by the rules"
 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut






I... really like the not-Dread. Well, I don't like the cage cockpit, but that's easy to fix. Everything else about it just kinda works. It's a ridiculous walking war machine, but it's also a believable walking war machine.

And I can pillage it for my Ork projects, so there's that too.

The flying Rhino suffers from the same problem the flying Land Rider does - threaded vehicles are just cooler.
   
Made in us
Kabalite Conscript





Dallas

 Overread wrote:
 gainsay wrote:
 Zuri Prime wrote:
Not too excited about the supplements, looks like a needless cash grab.

Not going to lap this one up like some other are, GW is returning to its greedy roots.


They literally said no more managing tuns of books at the launch of 8th. Now its just as bad as 7th. Idk why players are so loyal to such a terrible game system.


Because:

1) GW continues to make top end models

2) The Lore is one of the richest and deepest of any of the other wargames. Heck you can spend a fortune and spend years reading codex, rule books, battletomes and novels from BL.

3) The artwork inspires peoples imaginations

4) GW is big and popular - big thing this - so you can collect for the two main games and pretty much travel anywhere and if there's a game club that plays miniature wargames they will likely play 40K and AoS (bit weaker on AoS but its growing super fast)


Literally make one big SM codex my dude. Or cut the miscellaneous stuff and release fluff books separately, with the rules and regular lore package like a normal codex. GW has backtracked on their proimises at the start of 8th because they see money signs.
   
Made in de
Implacable Skitarii





 John Prins wrote:
The question is, can the Impulsor carry troops - is it a Primaris Razorback, or a light Predator? No side doors, but given the rear engine spacing there might be a rear ramp. If it's just a flying Predator-lite I hope it gets better than 3 heavy stubbers and 2 heavy bolters.


Those arent heavy stubbers. Probably las fusils
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




You guys are showing your age with those Aliens autoloader comments. That's clearly a mech from Avatar.

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





So looking at this, with all the new units, new codex and supplements, I think I just need to buckle down and finish my "regular" marines before they get dumped, and enjoy them a little while longer. I'll put away all my primaris stuff for now until all this rolls out. So my DAs and Deathwatch need to get their models done sharpish.
   
Made in it
Dakka Veteran




I think it's kinda insulting for other Xeno factions. I'm happy that Marines get an updated codex after 2 years (this sets a precedent for other codices updates I think) but the mere release of even new Marine models after only FIVE MONTHS from the last marine release whilst neglecting all Xenos factions that have received NOTHING in the last few years apart from their Codex is braindead at best.
   
Made in au
[MOD]
Cutting stuff up and bunging it back together in new and interesting ways.






Under the couch

 Mentlegen324 wrote:
Maybe I'm just missing something but it is a bit concerning how other than the cover of the additional suppliments (Unless that's a Primaris too?) there's no seemingly sight of Space Marines in the preview stuff, it's all Primaris Marines.

Is that honestly a surprise, by this point? Writings been on the wall for some time now.

(and yes, the guy on the Ultramarines cover has a Primaris backpack)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/08/03 21:53:41


   
Made in pt
Deathwing Terminator with Assault Cannon




Lisbon, Portugal

KurtAngle2 wrote:
I think it's kinda insulting for other Xeno factions. I'm happy that Marines get an updated codex after 2 years (this sets a precedent for other codices updates I think) but the mere release of even new Marine models after only FIVE MONTHS from the last marine release whilst neglecting all Xenos factions that have received NOTHING in the last few years apart from their Codex is braindead at best.


I'm a marine player, but I feel you. I'd like to see a more equitable love from GW for all factions.

40k Dark Angels
BFG Tau

 Unit1126PLL wrote:
"FW is unbalanced and going to ruin tournaments."
"Name one where it did that."
"IT JUST DOES OKAY!"

 Shadenuat wrote:
Voted Astra Militarum for a chance for them to get nerfed instead of my own army.
 
   
Made in gb
Slippery Ultramarine Scout Biker




At 1:20 on the 2nd video (the one with the models) to the left of Khan is what looks like an Intercessor sergeant with a side knot (White Scar) head and a curved chain sword. Is this gonna be a White Scars upgrade Primaris kit? And therefore will each supplement be getting a Primarisised special character and an upgrade kit?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/08/03 21:57:54


 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: