Switch Theme:

WAAAAGH!  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in jp
Perfect Shot Black Templar Predator Pilot





Ishikawa Prefecture, Japan

Man, I adore the idea of space-borne waaaaagh landing on a planet for a scrap, and being so impressed by a feral ork that they take him in, and he goes from krumpin' in a forest, to looking out the windows of a space ship, marvelling at all the epic fights and marvellous gits he's gonna get to bash...


...but I hope that there's a bit more scope to customize these minis. Looks worryingly monopose so far, and Gork&Mork, the tooling on that head isn't up to scratch. The details are wayyyy to soft and underdefined, doesn't fit with the existing ork line at all, looks much more like the boyz from AOS (not good)

Ongoing P&M shennanigans!
Warband of the Pilgrim Saint - Marines and SoB, My first ever project! http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/664123.page
Assorted Inquisition stuff! I get wierd with conversions sometimes! https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/30/743187.page
The Carpathian Tin Ghosts - Skitarii Rangers who don't want redemption - only to kill xenos. https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/748211.page
Vaguely Coleridgian Eldar Friends https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/749595.page#9830499
Care for a snifter of mine-tonic, comrade? Genestealers await the coming of the Black Emperor https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/757105.page
The Moorendar 3rd and the Proselytes of the Drain Fly - Nurgle 40k https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/770536.page
Haven't bought from GW since December 2019 - resist price hikes and unfair pricing outside of the UK  
   
Made in us
Exalted Beastlord




Pointer5 wrote:
You can get a gobbo squigpiper in the AOS squig box as far as I remember.


Yeah, or cymbals. The night gobbo robe looks a little odd though. There were metal grots with both back in the day.

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in fi
Ye Lord of The End Times (and a good guy)





 posermcbogus wrote:
Man, I adore the idea of space-borne waaaaagh landing on a planet for a scrap, and being so impressed by a feral ork that they take him in, and he goes from krumpin' in a forest, to looking out the windows of a space ship, marvelling at all the epic fights and marvellous gits he's gonna get to bash...


...but I hope that there's a bit more scope to customize these minis. Looks worryingly monopose so far, and Gork&Mork, the tooling on that head isn't up to scratch. The details are wayyyy to soft and underdefined, doesn't fit with the existing ork line at all, looks much more like the boyz from AOS (not good)


It's new GW model. Don't hope for customization. It's monopose.

That's why hoping for new boys is risky. You get 10 monopose(likely 5 poses duplicateD) models at higher price(now 28e/10, new like 42.5e/10) and monopose with connection parts being unique shaped for each model so shoota A goes only to body A, not body B, C or D.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/03/24 07:59:17


2021 painted/bought: 506/499 
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






From the preview, it's rather likely that we get at least some bionic parts for the squig and a nob rider option.

Earth is not flat
Vaccines work
We've been to the moon
Climate change is real
Chemtrails aren't a thing
Evolution is a fact
Orks are not a melee army
Stand up for science!
 
   
Made in bg
Regular Dakkanaut





Can we assume these will be beasts? If so, Ghazkull might be mandatory is we run snaggas.

I certainly don't see them being bikes or infantry.
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






Hah, good catch. It depends on how fast they are though to determine if he will be mandatory though. If they move 10-12", advancing will not be as important as you will get your charges either way, if they are 6-8" however, Thrakka will help greatly. Goff will be good clan for them anyways, as they look like something with some high quality melee attacks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/03/24 09:10:05


Earth is not flat
Vaccines work
We've been to the moon
Climate change is real
Chemtrails aren't a thing
Evolution is a fact
Orks are not a melee army
Stand up for science!
 
   
Made in bg
Regular Dakkanaut





 Jidmah wrote:
Hah, good catch. It depends on how fast they are though to determine if he will be mandatory though. If they move 10-12", advancing will not be as important as you will get your charges either way, if they are 6-8" however, Thrakka will help greatly. Goff will be good clan for them anyways, as they look like something with some high quality melee attacks.


I would expect something around 10" and some mortals on the charge.
   
Made in jp
Perfect Shot Black Templar Predator Pilot





Ishikawa Prefecture, Japan

tneva82 wrote:
 posermcbogus wrote:
Man, I adore the idea of space-borne waaaaagh landing on a planet for a scrap, and being so impressed by a feral ork that they take him in, and he goes from krumpin' in a forest, to looking out the windows of a space ship, marvelling at all the epic fights and marvellous gits he's gonna get to bash...


...but I hope that there's a bit more scope to customize these minis. Looks worryingly monopose so far, and Gork&Mork, the tooling on that head isn't up to scratch. The details are wayyyy to soft and underdefined, doesn't fit with the existing ork line at all, looks much more like the boyz from AOS (not good)


It's new GW model. Don't hope for customization. It's monopose.


A snotling can dream...

Ongoing P&M shennanigans!
Warband of the Pilgrim Saint - Marines and SoB, My first ever project! http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/664123.page
Assorted Inquisition stuff! I get wierd with conversions sometimes! https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/30/743187.page
The Carpathian Tin Ghosts - Skitarii Rangers who don't want redemption - only to kill xenos. https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/748211.page
Vaguely Coleridgian Eldar Friends https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/749595.page#9830499
Care for a snifter of mine-tonic, comrade? Genestealers await the coming of the Black Emperor https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/757105.page
The Moorendar 3rd and the Proselytes of the Drain Fly - Nurgle 40k https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/770536.page
Haven't bought from GW since December 2019 - resist price hikes and unfair pricing outside of the UK  
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






No more or less customisable than the old metal models. Actually, probably more customisable because plastic is a better material for kit bashing, requires less green stuff and all.

This isn’t meant to pithy or STFU, as more flexible kits make converting even easier, and I too long for their return. But a lack of designed options aren’t an absolute barrier to model making.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Stalwart Veteran Guard Sergeant






That video is boootiful. Very excited for this and it hopefully means a codex soon. The squigs are not a fit for the ork project I have planned but it will be nice to have some rules for cavalry/beast riders to make alternate models for.

I have a blog on the Warhammer Tournaments website:

Back to the Grimdark Future

My first and current painting and modeling blog:

Planetary Defence Force with alternative models and converted vehicles 
   
Made in ca
Excited Doom Diver






I really like the look of these new ork models, like these and those on the recent buggies, I'd like to see a refresh of more kits with this asethetic.

Space Wolves 4k
Harlequins 2k
Chaos Knights 2k
Spiderfangs 2k
Ossiarch Bonereapers 1k 
   
Made in us
Feral Wildboy with Simple Club





I would like to see Brian Nelson take back the sculpting for the orks. We might get some propa fangs on the ork heads. They can keep some of the Charlie Brown heads on some of the orks but they have to get rid of the umie teeth. Change is always going to happen. It would be nice if GW would look back at old figs and see what positive things are there and bring some forward.

 
   
Made in au
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon





 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
No more or less customisable than the old metal models. Actually, probably more customisable because plastic is a better material for kit bashing, requires less green stuff and all.

This isn’t meant to pithy or STFU, as more flexible kits make converting even easier, and I too long for their return. But a lack of designed options aren’t an absolute barrier to model making.


I suppose the proof will be in the pudding. How the kits go together, how many extra bits you get, the socket types and oh so many more factors. But orks will find a way. If I have to work to have a squig cav on tank treads or hover platforms. By Mork I will put in the time to have that tanksquig.

(Fixed a typo, as potentially hilarious as said typo was)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/03/25 01:47:20


 
   
Made in us
Krazed Killa Kan






Pointer5 wrote:
I would like to see Brian Nelson take back the sculpting for the orks. We might get some propa fangs on the ork heads. They can keep some of the Charlie Brown heads on some of the orks but they have to get rid of the umie teeth. Change is always going to happen. It would be nice if GW would look back at old figs and see what positive things are there and bring some forward.


Hoping you can just put a head from the boyz kit on there and call it a day.

Really not a fan of a lot of the new ork faces.

Fang, son of Great Fang, the traitor we seek, The laws of the brethren say this: That only the king sees the crown of the gods, And he, the usurper, must die.
Mother earth is pregnant for the third time, for y'all have knocked her up. I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe, but I was not offended. For I knew I had to rise above it all, or drown in my own gak. 
   
Made in us
Feral Wildboy with Simple Club





Use either a boyz head or a nob head. If GW keeps up with the ugly ork heads they will just loose out to 3rd party sculpts.

 
   
Made in us
Exalted Beastlord




Of course, even with a decent head swap, my big fear is these are going to end up like Bloodcrushers: Interesting concept, amazing mount, sad little targets on the table.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/03/29 14:14:07


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in gb
Mekboy Hammerin' Somethin'





Dorset, England

Looks good actually, I like that you can stand units on walls.
The Mongols being nomadic sounds cool as well, they tried it with the Sioux in Amercian Conquest but it didn't really work with the game's mechanics!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/11 17:58:33


 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: