Switch Theme:

Games Workshop @ GenCon!(All Done!)  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




 Crimson wrote:
 Lord Damocles wrote:
The Templars are very clearly two sprues of 2 Initiates and 2 Neophytes each.

Yes. And then a sprue with the fifth full marine and the sword brother.

Expect monopose Ork-a-likes.

I doubt that. At least the shoulder pads seem to be separate pieces, which usually is a sign of a full kit.


Hard to say if it’s a full kit or not. Seems like an etb kit with 1 alt build per pose rather than a full kit.
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

Dread Master wrote:
 Crimson wrote:
 Lord Damocles wrote:
The Templars are very clearly two sprues of 2 Initiates and 2 Neophytes each.

Yes. And then a sprue with the fifth full marine and the sword brother.

Expect monopose Ork-a-likes.

I doubt that. At least the shoulder pads seem to be separate pieces, which usually is a sign of a full kit.


Hard to say if it’s a full kit or not. Seems like an etb kit with 1 alt build per pose rather than a full kit.


Isn’t that basically a lot of full kits these days?
   
Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





The Sword Brethren guy looks noticeably short for a Primaris, like the Bladeguard. Very strange, you'd think they would catch stuff like this in the design phase.
   
Made in gb
Secretive Dark Angels Veteran






I think it is just the pose where they are a bit leaned forward/tilted forward

My hobby instagram account: @the_shroud_of_vigilance
My Shroud of Vigilance Hobby update blog for me detailed updates and lore on the faction:
Blog 
   
Made in us
Whiteshield Conscript Trooper




USA

I'm just pumped for Black Templars to get their own Codex again. The new models are just a bonus on top. Although that market kit really makes me happy too - Something other than 'ruined buildings or industrial pipes' for once.

Guard, Templars, Dragons & More.

Way too little free time. 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

blockade23 wrote:
I'm just pumped for Black Templars to get their own Codex again. The new models are just a bonus on top. Although that market kit really makes me happy too - Something other than 'ruined buildings or industrial pipes' for once.


They're not getting their own Codex, just a supplement to the Marine one. Y'know, the one with the horridly-proportioned dude on cover?

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





It is funny that its the black templar that have the first primaris exclusive units.

(I'm not counting the sons of Morkai)
   
Made in us
Ultramarine Master with Gauntlets of Macragge





Upstate, New York

 GaroRobe wrote:
It is funny that its the black templar that have the first primaris exclusive units.

(I'm not counting the sons of Morkai)


Or the Ultramarine Victrix HG?

   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

 GaroRobe wrote:
It is funny that its the black templar that have the first primaris exclusive units.

(I'm not counting the sons of Morkai)

Hounds of Morkai, Ultramarines Honour Guard, and Death Company were the first three Primaris exclusive.

You can choose not to count them all you want, but it's no different than the Black Templars.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Nevelon wrote:
 GaroRobe wrote:
It is funny that its the black templar that have the first primaris exclusive units.

(I'm not counting the sons of Morkai)


Or the Ultramarine Victrix HG?


Ooh, forgot about those guys. Yeah, I'll count them. Death Company, not so much. They're like the Hounds of Morkai, since they only got an upgrade sprue, where as these are actual dedicated new models
   
Made in lt
Longtime Dakkanaut






Expected the box to be a bit more, like the Sisters box. Instead they give just a few units with one of those already in market AND w/o any special upgrade sprue.
Heck, at least they could've put in some exclusive BT dice inside.
Quite weak.

   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 Kanluwen wrote:
 GaroRobe wrote:
It is funny that its the black templar that have the first primaris exclusive units.

(I'm not counting the sons of Morkai)

Hounds of Morkai, Ultramarines Honour Guard, and Death Company were the first three Primaris exclusive.

You can choose not to count them all you want, but it's no different than the Black Templars.


Yeah, it is. They were just generic Primaris units and existing upgrade sprues, these are dedicated chapter specific Primaris models. It seems quite obvious that’s what they mean.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/19 15:20:13


 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

 ImAGeek wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
 GaroRobe wrote:
It is funny that its the black templar that have the first primaris exclusive units.

(I'm not counting the sons of Morkai)

Hounds of Morkai, Ultramarines Honour Guard, and Death Company were the first three Primaris exclusive.

You can choose not to count them all you want, but it's no different than the Black Templars.


Yeah, it is. They were just generic Primaris units and existing upgrade sprues, these are dedicated chapter specific Primaris models. It seems quite obvious that’s what they mean.

And it should be quite obvious that the units mentioned(which, btw, Honour Guard are dedicated models that came bundled with Calgar not just an upgrade kit) getting Chapter upgrade sprues clearly defines them as "dedicated Chapter specific Primaris models".

Black Templars are just the first ones to get a significant amount of units. And frankly, it's kind of annoying that this much work went into a Successor Chapter but didn't go into some of the Founding Legions.

Yeah, I'm still salty about Shrike not getting an Honour Guard or SOMETHING. Prior to Helbrecht showing up, Shrike and Calgar were the only two Chapter Masters that got Primaris'd. Their treatment was not equal at all.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

 ImAGeek wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
 GaroRobe wrote:
It is funny that its the black templar that have the first primaris exclusive units.

(I'm not counting the sons of Morkai)

Hounds of Morkai, Ultramarines Honour Guard, and Death Company were the first three Primaris exclusive.

You can choose not to count them all you want, but it's no different than the Black Templars.


Yeah, it is. They were just generic Primaris units and existing upgrade sprues, these are dedicated chapter specific Primaris models. It seems quite obvious that’s what they mean.


I dunno man, the Ultramarine Honour Guard look like a dedicated chapter-specific Primaris model to me.
[Thumb - 01.jpg]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/19 15:39:32


"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






First thought was I like the Black Templars GW showed, except for the Emperor's Champion. I don't like him any better than I did when GW originally revealed the model.

 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
blockade23 wrote:
I'm just pumped for Black Templars to get their own Codex again. The new models are just a bonus on top. Although that market kit really makes me happy too - Something other than 'ruined buildings or industrial pipes' for once.


They're not getting their own Codex, just a supplement to the Marine one. Y'know, the one with the horridly-proportioned dude on cover?


While correct it's not like there's a big difference. I assume the sentiment here is for rules representation, which has often been asked for by many Templar players since they got rolled into the Marine codex. For GW that means Templars need dedicated models before they get any extra rules. Now they get dedicated models, they also get extra rules, extra rules need space, space is available only in a supplement because you can already beat someone to death with the Marine codex, everybody's happy, even the people who now get to pay for two books for the privilege of having "their own codex again".

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in us
Oozing Plague Marine Terminator





As a fan of Scouts, I'm loving those neophytes.
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
 ImAGeek wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
 GaroRobe wrote:
It is funny that its the black templar that have the first primaris exclusive units.

(I'm not counting the sons of Morkai)

Hounds of Morkai, Ultramarines Honour Guard, and Death Company were the first three Primaris exclusive.

You can choose not to count them all you want, but it's no different than the Black Templars.


Yeah, it is. They were just generic Primaris units and existing upgrade sprues, these are dedicated chapter specific Primaris models. It seems quite obvious that’s what they mean.


I dunno man, the Ultramarine Honour Guard look like a dedicated chapter-specific Primaris model to me.


I’m not talking about them. They are actually the first chapter specific non character Primaris models, yeah. I wasn’t very specific, but I meant the DC and Hounds of Morkai.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/19 16:15:52


 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







 Kanluwen wrote:
And it should be quite obvious that the units mentioned(which, btw, Honour Guard are dedicated models that came bundled with Calgar not just an upgrade kit) getting Chapter upgrade sprues clearly defines them as "dedicated Chapter specific Primaris models".

Kan, that's a load of Trollocs, and you know it - the Honour Guard are definitely specific Ultramarine Primaris sculpts, no argument, but you can't defend the Hounds of Morkai and Death Company that way.

Basic Primaris kit plus basic Primaris Chapter upgrade sprue is not the same as the Honour Guard or this Crusader squad, both of which are dedicated sculpts from scratch. Trying to claim they are equivalent is foolish at best.

2021 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My [url=https://pileofpotential.com/dysartes]Pile of Potential[/url - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.


 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army... 
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User





This looks like it is going to be a really expensive Combat Patrol box. What is this going to go for? $200?
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






Well, they’ve all been £85 so far? Not sure what that is in the US.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

 Dysartes wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
And it should be quite obvious that the units mentioned(which, btw, Honour Guard are dedicated models that came bundled with Calgar not just an upgrade kit) getting Chapter upgrade sprues clearly defines them as "dedicated Chapter specific Primaris models".

Kan, that's a load of Trollocs, and you know it - the Honour Guard are definitely specific Ultramarine Primaris sculpts, no argument, but you can't defend the Hounds of Morkai and Death Company that way.

Basic Primaris kit plus basic Primaris Chapter upgrade sprue is not the same as the Honour Guard or this Crusader squad, both of which are dedicated sculpts from scratch. Trying to claim they are equivalent is foolish at best.

You should note that I never once said the existence of models were equivalent. I said that the units were equivalent.
The Hounds of Morkai, Honour Guard, Crusader Squad, and Death Company are all the same in that they're Primarisified versions of an existing concept.

If I wanted to make an argument for models? I would have just pointed to the BA, DA, and SW Lieutenant models--all of which had unique weapon options to boot and came looooooong before the Victrix Guard.

Worth mentioning as well that Crusader Squads, prior to now, did not actually have a kit but were literally created by taking a Tactical Squad, a Scout Squad, and a Black Templars upgrade kit.
Spoiler:


Point still remains that this is silly for people to be so ridiculously selective over what does or does not constitute "counting" for things.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
Well, they’ve all been £85 so far? Not sure what that is in the US.

It's $199, if the same as the Beastsnagga set.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/09/19 17:02:47


 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

 Kanluwen wrote:
 Dysartes wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
And it should be quite obvious that the units mentioned(which, btw, Honour Guard are dedicated models that came bundled with Calgar not just an upgrade kit) getting Chapter upgrade sprues clearly defines them as "dedicated Chapter specific Primaris models".

Kan, that's a load of Trollocs, and you know it - the Honour Guard are definitely specific Ultramarine Primaris sculpts, no argument, but you can't defend the Hounds of Morkai and Death Company that way.

Basic Primaris kit plus basic Primaris Chapter upgrade sprue is not the same as the Honour Guard or this Crusader squad, both of which are dedicated sculpts from scratch. Trying to claim they are equivalent is foolish at best.

You should note that I never once said the existence of models were equivalent. I said that the units were equivalent.
The Hounds of Morkai, Honour Guard, Crusader Squad, and Death Company are all the same in that they're Primarisified versions of an existing concept.

If I wanted to make an argument for models? I would have just pointed to the BA, DA, and SW Lieutenant models--all of which had unique weapon options to boot and came looooooong before the Victrix Guard.

Worth mentioning as well that Crusader Squads, prior to now, did not actually have a kit but were literally created by taking a Tactical Squad, a Scout Squad, and a Black Templars upgrade kit.
Spoiler:


Point still remains that this amount of effort being put into Black Templars is patently ridiculous.


I think the amount of effort being put into Marines overall is ridiculous. Black Templars are a sub-faction of a sub-faction and they get more relases than a full-fledged Xeno faction because they're Mehreens.

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in gb
Lit By the Flames of Prospero






Yeah, all those Xenos factions like Necrons and Orks not getting any model releases at all! Wait...
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Khorne Dreadnought




 Kanluwen wrote:
 Dysartes wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
And it should be quite obvious that the units mentioned(which, btw, Honour Guard are dedicated models that came bundled with Calgar not just an upgrade kit) getting Chapter upgrade sprues clearly defines them as "dedicated Chapter specific Primaris models".

Kan, that's a load of Trollocs, and you know it - the Honour Guard are definitely specific Ultramarine Primaris sculpts, no argument, but you can't defend the Hounds of Morkai and Death Company that way.

Basic Primaris kit plus basic Primaris Chapter upgrade sprue is not the same as the Honour Guard or this Crusader squad, both of which are dedicated sculpts from scratch. Trying to claim they are equivalent is foolish at best.

You should note that I never once said the existence of models were equivalent. I said that the units were equivalent.
The Hounds of Morkai, Honour Guard, Crusader Squad, and Death Company are all the same in that they're Primarisified versions of an existing concept.

If I wanted to make an argument for models? I would have just pointed to the BA, DA, and SW Lieutenant models--all of which had unique weapon options to boot and came looooooong before the Victrix Guard.

Worth mentioning as well that Crusader Squads, prior to now, did not actually have a kit but were literally created by taking a Tactical Squad, a Scout Squad, and a Black Templars upgrade kit.
Spoiler:


Point still remains that this is silly for people to be so ridiculously selective over what does or does not constitute "counting" for things.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
Well, they’ve all been £85 so far? Not sure what that is in the US.

It's $199, if the same as the Beastsnagga set.


Well, they have had multiple versions of a "Crusader squad" box so that's nonsense.



Admittedly that last one is a little small, it didn't contain any neophytes iirc.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/19 17:11:28


 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

 Gert wrote:
Yeah, all those Xenos factions like Necrons and Orks not getting any model releases at all! Wait...

Funny you should mention that...
   
Made in us
Terminator with Assault Cannon




San Jose, CA

AduroT wrote:All I know about those Black Templars is I need that new flamer option for my Salamanders.


Ditto, I could care less about Templars, but my 18th really needs more flamers!!!!!!
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

Dudeface wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:


Worth mentioning as well that Crusader Squads, prior to now, did not actually have a kit but were literally created by taking a Tactical Squad, a Scout Squad, and a Black Templars upgrade kit.
Spoiler:


Well, they have had multiple versions of a "Crusader squad" box so that's nonsense.

Admittedly that last one is a little blurry, it didn't contain any neophytes iirc.

Spoiler:



It's exactly what I said it was:
A Tactical Squad with the Black Templars upgrade kit that you would add Scouts to.
So either that "counts", and so do the Death Company and Hounds of Morkai...or Crusader Squads didn't "count" as a unique unit to begin with since they were just upgrade frames.
   
Made in us
Da Head Honcho Boss Grot




New Jersey, State of Perfection

Weird thing about the Redemptor being in the launch box is that all the other launch boxes thus far featured only wholly new models. This would be the first time that an existing model is being included in one. Kinda gakky tbh.

Personally, I think my decision as to whether or not I want to buy the box will come down to how confident I feel in my ability to shave off all those templar crosses.

 Moopy wrote:
 Dysartes wrote:
 Moopy wrote:
No HH. Arrr

...HH wasn't on the list of games getting previewed, so I'm not sure why you thought it might get something?


I wasn't sure what was going to be revealed or not. It would have been a perfect opportunity to announce something for Christmas.


They gave us a list of what games were going to have previews, so we knew it wasn't going to happen. In the past if there was a surprise announcement or whatever they usually included that as a questionmark on the list, but they didn't do so here.

This ain't no pansy GW Armor, son - Digital Sculpting Plog, Now with Heavy Weapon Platforms!
Sympathy for the Devil, or: The Project Log from Hell

Ma55ter_fett wrote:It reads like the ramblings of a Nigerian lobotomized Shakespeare typed into a cellphone with a very aggressive autocomplete function.
 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 Kanluwen wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:


Worth mentioning as well that Crusader Squads, prior to now, did not actually have a kit but were literally created by taking a Tactical Squad, a Scout Squad, and a Black Templars upgrade kit.
Spoiler:


Well, they have had multiple versions of a "Crusader squad" box so that's nonsense.

Admittedly that last one is a little blurry, it didn't contain any neophytes iirc.

Spoiler:



It's exactly what I said it was:
A Tactical Squad with the Black Templars upgrade kit that you would add Scouts to.
So either that "counts", and so do the Death Company and Hounds of Morkai...or Crusader Squads didn't "count" as a unique unit to begin with since they were just upgrade frames.


It doesn’t matter whether the old kit counts as a unique unit model wise, because we’re specifically talking about the fact that it’s odd that Black Templar’s are the first chapter to get a significant amount of Primaris chapter specific models.
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

There's a Horus Heresy Open event in October. We were never going to see it unless that got cancelled.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 ImAGeek wrote:

It doesn’t matter whether the old kit counts as a unique unit model wise, because we’re specifically talking about the fact that it’s odd that Black Templar’s are the first chapter to get a significant amount of Primaris chapter specific models.

Bluntly, it's odd that only SOME of them are getting Primaris specific stuff.

Period. Especially given that the fricking Bolt Sniper Rifle that the Vanguard are running around with is named for and designed by Kayvaan Shrike...who's still running around like a schmuck with a bad manicure.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/19 17:31:36


 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: