Switch Theme:

WFRP 4th edition. Preorders up now  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in es
Krazed Killa Kan




Barcelona, Spain

http://cubicle7.co.uk/warhammer-fantasy-roleplay-pre-order-opens-this-week/

The Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Fourth Edition pre-order opens later this week! To whet your appetite, here are 4 things you can expect from the new edition of this beloved game.

Your Warhammer for You!
Something that is really core to our WFRP is that we’ve created tools for you to play your Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. We recognise and support that everyone plays their own version of the rules and the setting, and we fully embrace and encourage that. It’s your game! With 30 years of history under its belt, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay means a lot of things to a huge number of players.

Ideal starting point
Not much experience with RPGs? The Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Starter Set is designed to be the ideal introduction, with a structured adventure to help you learn how to play. Also containing a guide to Ubersreik, there’s loads of gaming material for more experienced GMs too!

System matters
WFRP4 uses ten-sided dice, and a tuned-up version of the familiar d100 system. You can tailor the rules to your preferences or different in-game situations, choosing from a menu of fast ‘roll under’ Simple Tests, Dramatic Tests giving success levels where you need more than a ‘yes or no’ result, and even barely rolling at all, if that’s your style.

Passion for Warhammer
Our creative team are lifelong players of the three previous editions of the game, and between us we’ve worked on all these editions too! We bloomin’ love Warhammer, and we think it shows.

We’ll be bringing you more on WFRP4 regularly, so watch this space! And, very excitingly, pre-orders go live on Thursday…

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2018/05/03 14:50:37


 
   
Made in gb
[MOD]
Et In Arcadia Ego





Canterbury

now in fact !

http://shop.cubicle7store.com/epages/es113347.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es113347_shop/Categories/New-releases

The poor man really has a stake in the country. The rich man hasn't; he can go away to New Guinea in a yacht. The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all
We love our superheroes because they refuse to give up on us. We can analyze them out of existence, kill them, ban them, mock them, and still they return, patiently reminding us of who we are and what we wish we could be.
With people getting in trouble for yearbook content my high school strategy of not having friends or going to any parties is finally paying off
 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




Sneak peak of the available bestiary would help seal the deal on this purchase.
   
Made in us
Nasty Nob






Do these warhammer systems let you play the unfriendly races - vampires, greenskins, skaven, etc - or is it the typical selection of dwarf, humies and pointy ears?

Fang, son of Great Fang, the traitor we seek, The laws of the brethren say this: That only the king sees the crown of the gods, And he, the usurper, must die.
Mother earth is pregnant for the third time, for y'all have knocked her up. I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe, but I was not offended. For I knew I had to rise above it all, or drown in my own gak. 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




I dont know anything about the previous editions... I have been feverishly painting random models in anticipation for this however. lol
   
Made in gb
[MOD]
Et In Arcadia Ego





Canterbury

 TedNugent wrote:
Do these warhammer systems let you play the unfriendly races - vampires, greenskins, skaven, etc - or is it the typical selection of dwarf, humies and pointy ears?


Normally it is indeed the usual old world races -- human, elf , dwarf etc etc .

In 2nd edition they released various sourcebooks in which it was possible to run skaven characters/campaigns and chaos ones, and there were stats for chaos dwarfs included too IIRC.

... one suspects this'll be the same, at least initially .


The poor man really has a stake in the country. The rich man hasn't; he can go away to New Guinea in a yacht. The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all
We love our superheroes because they refuse to give up on us. We can analyze them out of existence, kill them, ban them, mock them, and still they return, patiently reminding us of who we are and what we wish we could be.
With people getting in trouble for yearbook content my high school strategy of not having friends or going to any parties is finally paying off
 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




I just want a variety of monsters and not just goblins, orcs and skaven. Was previous additions good about monster variety?
   
Made in gb
[MOD]
Et In Arcadia Ego





Canterbury

Most of the warhammer monsters were covered one way or another :

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/62848/Warhammer-Fantasy-Roleplay-2nd-Edition-Old-World-Bestiary?cPath=179_4943

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/54/Cubicle-7-Entertainment-Ltd/subcategory/179_4943/Warhammer-Fantasy-Roleplay-2nd-Edition

the skaven and vampire books were really great IMO and I loved both the corruption and salvation tomes too.



The poor man really has a stake in the country. The rich man hasn't; he can go away to New Guinea in a yacht. The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all
We love our superheroes because they refuse to give up on us. We can analyze them out of existence, kill them, ban them, mock them, and still they return, patiently reminding us of who we are and what we wish we could be.
With people getting in trouble for yearbook content my high school strategy of not having friends or going to any parties is finally paying off
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




This is for the Old Hammer world only yea? Are they also releasing Sigmar world?
   
Made in us
Painting Within the Lines




Seattle, WA USA

str00dles1 wrote:
This is for the Old Hammer world only yea? Are they also releasing Sigmar world?
Yeah, they're still doing the AOS RPG, too, which their site still says "in 2018" (and I've seen reports that the latest White Dwarf said the same thing). I'm more looking forward to that, actually, since I never really did classic WHFB but do actually like the potential of the AOS setting.
   
Made in nl
Moustache-twirling Princeps




We'll find out soon enough eh.

It's nice to be able to be on this side of the snark for once: fnar fnar this is a thread about WHFRP, there's one for AoS already, stay on topic fnar

I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in gb
Wrathful Warlord Titan Commander





Ramsden Heath, Essex

That said the Starter states the Adventure is based in Ubersreik which is where Vermintide is set; which is to say End Times...looks like it’ll cover all bases to me.

How do you promote your Hobby? - Legoburner "I run some crappy wargaming website " 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




That would be cool if this edition plays out during that time frame and then the AoS one was more after the fact. I honestly would like the AoS setting, but dont want to play as a SpaceMarine.

I took the release as a Dark Hersey / Deathwatch setup.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut






 notprop wrote:
That said the Starter states the Adventure is based in Ubersreik which is where Vermintide is set; which is to say End Times...looks like it’ll cover all bases to me.


Eh, I hope they aren't actually doing End Times. I like the low key nature of WHFRP. It was essentially lower case End Times, all time, all the time.
   
Made in us
Awesome Autarch






Definitely something I'd consider getting...always liked the old one pretty well, and I'm a bigger fan of D100 generally.

I'd be curious to see how complete the book is though. Seeing far too much DLC-mindset trickling into tabletop games and role-playing games lately. I'd like to know that $70+ is getting me a proper book with proper content.

Can't wait to see more.

 
   
Made in us
Auspicious Aspiring Champion of Chaos






Glad to see this is coming out soon. I've been chosen to be my group's next DM, and some of the players have expressed interest in playing something other than D&D 5e. Right now, I'm leaning toward Dragon AGE, but I'll have to look through this as well. I like d10 systems.

2750 Unliving Legion of the Zarith Dynasty
840 Imperial Knights of House Janis
2000 Khorne Bloodbound of the Skullfiend Tribe (Aqshy)
2000 Tzeentch Arcanites of the Cult of Searing Light (Hysh)
3000 Slaves to Darkness of the Legion of Rusted Chains (Allpoints/Azyr)
2500 Sylvaneth of the Seelie Court (Ghyran)
 
   
Made in nl
Moustache-twirling Princeps




We'll find out soon enough eh.

 notprop wrote:
That said the Starter states the Adventure is based in Ubersreik which is where Vermintide is set; which is to say End Times...looks like it’ll cover all bases to me.


I very much hope not. The initial word was they were sticking with Enemy Within, and while I found that a somewhat safe and disappointing choice(going back and doing Mordheim-era Three Emperors would be both something a bit fresh for players without going too far outside the Empire comfort zone, and mean lots of new sourcebooks to sell for them), I'll take it every day of the week and ten times on sunday over the godawful End Times cashgrab.

A revamped WHFRP is appealing primarily because it lets people get as far away from GW's abysmal handling of the IP as possible, I have zero interest in playing in a setting where I can't adventure in half the world because it's been wiped out "off-screen".

I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut







Hmm - it mentions hardback available in July. Last I heard, this was meant to be available at UK Games Expo at the start of June - anyone know if this is still the case?

2019 Plog - Dysartes Twitches - 2019 Output

My Twitch stream - going live at 7pm GMT Tuesday & Thursday, 12pm Sunday (work permitting).

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.
 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





 Yodhrin wrote:
 notprop wrote:
That said the Starter states the Adventure is based in Ubersreik which is where Vermintide is set; which is to say End Times...looks like it’ll cover all bases to me.


I very much hope not. The initial word was they were sticking with Enemy Within, and while I found that a somewhat safe and disappointing choice(going back and doing Mordheim-era Three Emperors would be both something a bit fresh for players without going too far outside the Empire comfort zone, and mean lots of new sourcebooks to sell for them), I'll take it every day of the week and ten times on sunday over the godawful End Times cashgrab.

A revamped WHFRP is appealing primarily because it lets people get as far away from GW's abysmal handling of the IP as possible, I have zero interest in playing in a setting where I can't adventure in half the world because it's been wiped out "off-screen".


Amen to that. I am looking forward to running games in the Old World. Plus the content will be easy enough to set back during Mordheim or possible run an alternate endtimes with the forces of order defeating chaos and exploring the world wracked by it. Maybe even rebuild the Old World.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






already ordered and looking forward to preordering the AoS rpg as well
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






Reading, Berks

 Dysartes wrote:
Hmm - it mentions hardback available in July. Last I heard, this was meant to be available at UK Games Expo at the start of June - anyone know if this is still the case?


They have said that no, the game will not be available at UKGE

I've also seen them talk about WFRP 4 being able to be played in the old time period, all the way through to End Times if you want to.

   
Made in de
Inspiring Icon Bearer






 endtransmission wrote:
 Dysartes wrote:
Hmm - it mentions hardback available in July. Last I heard, this was meant to be available at UK Games Expo at the start of June - anyone know if this is still the case?


They have said that no, the game will not be available at UKGE

I've also seen them talk about WFRP 4 being able to be played in the old time period, all the way through to End Times if you want to.


Can't be that hard, right? If they're writing the rules for the whole setting anyway, adding another book to the pile with rules changes and a campaign setting for the End Times isn't going to be much work and gets them money from people primarily interested in that or Age of Sigmar.

It's almost free money for Cubicle 7/GW and the best part is that if you don't want the End Times to ruin your fun, you can ignore it because it isn't baked into the core rules.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Back in the dark





Suffolk, where the Aliens roam.

I'm actually tempted to wait for the AoS version, but nice to see this is out on its preorder.. Vampire the Masquerade 5th going onto preorder in the same week hasn't helped my wallet mind.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/05/06 18:21:26


"That's not an Ork, its a girl.." - Last words of High General Daran Ul'tharem, battle of Ursha VII.

Two White Horses (Ipswich Town and Denver Broncos Supporter)
 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut







 endtransmission wrote:
 Dysartes wrote:
Hmm - it mentions hardback available in July. Last I heard, this was meant to be available at UK Games Expo at the start of June - anyone know if this is still the case?


They have said that no, the game will not be available at UKGE


Well, that's one less thing for me to pick up at the Expo, then, I guess.

2019 Plog - Dysartes Twitches - 2019 Output

My Twitch stream - going live at 7pm GMT Tuesday & Thursday, 12pm Sunday (work permitting).

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.
 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




I just need to see if there is a bestiary in the book. I remember 8th Edition rule book being 50/50 rules and just art pictures... I want to know if GW forced them to cram 100 pages of Golden Daemon painted models into this... =/
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut







...into an RPG book? Unlikely.

2019 Plog - Dysartes Twitches - 2019 Output

My Twitch stream - going live at 7pm GMT Tuesday & Thursday, 12pm Sunday (work permitting).

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.
 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




It was an example. I wouldnt put it past them to put way more art work in it than needed though. Seems very backwards to ask for pre order money with no information on the product though.
   
Made in ch
Regular Dakkanaut




The Garden Of Nurgle

Do we already have info on potential translation ? I've seen mainly asking for Spanish and French.

I will buy it in English anyway (even if I hope Cubicle7 books are better translated than GW ones...), but still.

And same question for the AOS one. Really looking forward to this one too (as it seems to me that WFRP 4e won't be too much a "new" product in term of fluff for someone who played 1st and 3rd edition).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/05/07 22:03:54


"... Your blood shall water my Master's rotten earth..." 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Fargo, ND USA

 Commissar-Danno wrote:
 Yodhrin wrote:
 notprop wrote:
That said the Starter states the Adventure is based in Ubersreik which is where Vermintide is set; which is to say End Times...looks like it’ll cover all bases to me.


I very much hope not. The initial word was they were sticking with Enemy Within, and while I found that a somewhat safe and disappointing choice(going back and doing Mordheim-era Three Emperors would be both something a bit fresh for players without going too far outside the Empire comfort zone, and mean lots of new sourcebooks to sell for them), I'll take it every day of the week and ten times on sunday over the godawful End Times cashgrab.

A revamped WHFRP is appealing primarily because it lets people get as far away from GW's abysmal handling of the IP as possible, I have zero interest in playing in a setting where I can't adventure in half the world because it's been wiped out "off-screen".


Amen to that. I am looking forward to running games in the Old World. Plus the content will be easy enough to set back during Mordheim or possible run an alternate endtimes with the forces of order defeating chaos and exploring the world wracked by it. Maybe even rebuild the Old World.


I'd love for the game to be set post-Empire in Flames, new Emperor and all, and go from there. Hell, they could even justify an ongoing timeline with no End Times since it was already a divergent timeline from the tabletop one.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/05/08 01:23:28


You know you're really doing something when you can make strangers hate you over the Internet. - Mauleed
Just remember folks. Panic. Panic all the time. It's the only way to survive, other than just being mindful, of course-but geez, that's so friggin' boring. - Aegis Grimm
Hallowed is the All Pie
The Before Times: A Place That Celebrates The World That Was 
   
Made in nl
Moustache-twirling Princeps




We'll find out soon enough eh.

 Platuan4th wrote:
 Commissar-Danno wrote:
 Yodhrin wrote:
 notprop wrote:
That said the Starter states the Adventure is based in Ubersreik which is where Vermintide is set; which is to say End Times...looks like it’ll cover all bases to me.


I very much hope not. The initial word was they were sticking with Enemy Within, and while I found that a somewhat safe and disappointing choice(going back and doing Mordheim-era Three Emperors would be both something a bit fresh for players without going too far outside the Empire comfort zone, and mean lots of new sourcebooks to sell for them), I'll take it every day of the week and ten times on sunday over the godawful End Times cashgrab.

A revamped WHFRP is appealing primarily because it lets people get as far away from GW's abysmal handling of the IP as possible, I have zero interest in playing in a setting where I can't adventure in half the world because it's been wiped out "off-screen".


Amen to that. I am looking forward to running games in the Old World. Plus the content will be easy enough to set back during Mordheim or possible run an alternate endtimes with the forces of order defeating chaos and exploring the world wracked by it. Maybe even rebuild the Old World.


I'd love for the game to be set post-Empire in Flames, new Emperor and all, and go from there. Hell, they could even justify an ongoing timeline with no End Times since it was already a divergent timeline from the tabletop one.


Again, I'd strongly disagree on that one. I don't want to see, hear, read, or think about the End Times, or anything near or adjacent to it. All I want from a WHF RPG is WHF as-was, the setting I enjoyed for 25+ years that still had huge potential for new material within its existing scope. Half the planet was just big blank spaces on the map with a name and some vague concepts attached, if even that - I want Far Cathay and the jungles of Ind, I want Tilean intrigues and details of the Elven cities(and divergent cultures?) outside of Ulthuan, I want to adventure during the Empires of the Black Plague and Three Emperors and Vampire Wars eras, and battle Fimir in WHF's equivalent of the Dark Ages. They could churn out multiple sourcebooks a year for a decade and only cover a fraction of the Warhammer World's geography and history, and all of it is more interesting, at least to me, than another slight variation of the "modern" Empire especially if it's a version that incorporates any of the often truly daft events of the End Times "narrative"(or even the moderately daft Storm of Chaos stuff).

Chopxsticks wrote:
It was an example. I wouldnt put it past them to put way more art work in it than needed though. Seems very backwards to ask for pre order money with no information on the product though.


Not to be even more contrarian than usual, but I'd also disagree with this. The prospect of new artwork of the classic Warhammer World and its denizens is one of the most exciting things about 4thEd, so long as it's good and in the right kind of styles(ie, not too "plastic" and obviously digital); I honestly don't know if they can put enough art in the books for my taste, given they also have to fit all that "rules" guff in somewhere too

I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: