Switch Theme:

Latest FAQ - does it redeem anyone?  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in by
Flashy Flashgitz






Ok, so Forgeworld dropped a new FAQ and Errata/ If someone missed it - https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/02/11/11th-feb-an-faq-from-the-age-of-darknessfw-homepage-post-3/
Magnus went up in Points, Headhunters got new rules, Immortals Phalanx Wardens, Palatine Blades and Ashen Circle too. Apothecaries can join Grey Slayers and they keep their warriors metle.
UPD: The Errata is attached in case something goes wrong on the web page
 Filename Horus-Heresy-General-Errata-and-FAQ-v1_1.pdf [Disk] Download
 Description
 File size 271 Kbytes

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/02/11 14:41:11


 
   
Made in ca
Snivelling Workbot




Canada

It definitely makes Phalanx Warders a lot more useable, especially since they are now cheaper than Breachers. Getting Counter Attack is just gravy.

I wish Headhunters had also gotten a price decrease, but I suppose getting Implacable Advance is nice, and Preferred Enemy (Infantry) is only useful for the re-rolls to Wound (since they already have twin-linked bolters) or if they choose to use other combi-weapons.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/02/11 16:03:08


- 2500 - 3500 Krieg - 1000 - 1000
Kill Team:
30k: Alpha Legion - 3000 - 2000  
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Potent Grey Knight Librarian





Fort Worth, TX

Checking on the EC Palatine Blades, they definitely got a buff. Power Swords went down in price, so become a no-brainer to take. They now all have the option to get artificer armor, which is a bit expensive, but offset by the cost of jump packs going down, as well as every model beyond the initial five are cheaper, too. Old rules: 10-man squad with power swords and jump packs were 385pt. New rules: they're 280pts. Give them artificer armor and they're 370pts. Wow. I always ran them with a few Phoenix Spears, so this unit just got even better for me. With the artificer armor, I may no longer have to dedicate a dreadclaw to them, anymore.

Too bad they still couldn't do something about the Misericordia for Custodes.

Huge nerf to the Malcador tanks by taking away Super-Heavy.

"Through the darkness of future past, the magician longs to see.
One chants out between two worlds: Fire, walk with me."
- Twin Peaks
"You listen to me. While I will admit to a certain cynicism, the fact is that I am a naysayer and hatchetman in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another because I choose to live my life in the company of Gandhi and King. My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method... is love. I love you Sheriff Truman." - Twin Peaks 
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Some knife is unlikely to ever be superor choce to specialized h2h weapon. What stats fancy knife could have that makes sense and isn't inferior in every case to spear or sword?

Magnus didn't just go up in points. Str:d bolts d#ed

“Nothing has a definite nature, so people cannot be purely evil. Even so-called evil people will aspire to follow a moral path when they feel a sense of community.” – Kukai

~12200 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights
 
   
Made in ca
Snivelling Workbot




Canada

tneva82 wrote:
Some knife is unlikely to ever be superor choce to specialized h2h weapon. What stats fancy knife could have that makes sense and isn't inferior in every case to spear or sword?


What weapon are you referring to?

- 2500 - 3500 Krieg - 1000 - 1000
Kill Team:
30k: Alpha Legion - 3000 - 2000  
   
Made in us
Ancient Ultramarine Venerable Dreadnought





 Orodhen wrote:
tneva82 wrote:
Some knife is unlikely to ever be superor choce to specialized h2h weapon. What stats fancy knife could have that makes sense and isn't inferior in every case to spear or sword?


What weapon are you referring to?
The Misericordia, the Custodian's fancy knives/bages of office


Iron Warriors 442nd Grand Battalion: 3.2k points
Carcharodons 4th Company: 2k points  
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut




The custodes update is included inside book 8 which is why it's not in the faq apparently misercordia are just gone from people that saw book8.
   
Made in us
Jinking Ravenwing Land Speeder Pilot




Cleveland, Ohio, USA

Magnus got downright gutted. Ouch.

Angron got spicy.

New Moritat rules are interesting. Still not great, but interesting.

Headhunters got a step in the right direction.

New Quad Launcher rules make Phosphex a potentially not friendship-ending weapon, good for all fluffy Death Guard players.

Medusan Immortals look downright scary now.

Overall I am pleased.

EDIT - No Dark Angel love. :(

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/02/11 17:07:48


They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines, and they shall know no fear. 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






 Tannhauser42 wrote:
Checking on the EC Palatine Blades, they definitely got a buff. Power Swords went down in price, so become a no-brainer to take.


That's disappointing - I'd rather the charnabal sabres were the better (or at least equaly-good) choice.
   
Made in gb
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain





Norwich

 obsidiankatana wrote:
Magnus got downright gutted. Ouch.

Angron got spicy.

New Moritat rules are interesting. Still not great, but interesting.

Headhunters got a step in the right direction.

New Quad Launcher rules make Phosphex a potentially not friendship-ending weapon, good for all fluffy Death Guard players.

Medusan Immortals look downright scary now.

Overall I am pleased.

EDIT - No Dark Angel love. :(


we got monster hunter on our thallax, thats something at least :/

   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut




I mean I dont think dark angel love was to be expected with only basic rules there isnt much to change.

I'm surprised Palatine blades and ashen circle were updated yet rampages, pheonix terminators and varagyr remain untouched while being terrible.
   
Made in us
Jinking Ravenwing Land Speeder Pilot




Cleveland, Ohio, USA

Titanicus wrote:
I mean I dont think dark angel love was to be expected with only basic rules there isnt much to change.

I'm surprised Palatine blades and ashen circle were updated yet rampages, pheonix terminators and varagyr remain untouched while being terrible.


It'd be nice to not give away VPs for not killing the other guy hard enough, for the tradeoff of sometimes hitting on 3s in close combat.

They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines, and they shall know no fear. 
   
Made in gb
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain





Norwich

Titanicus wrote:
I mean I dont think dark angel love was to be expected with only basic rules there isnt much to change.

I'm surprised Palatine blades and ashen circle were updated yet rampages, pheonix terminators and varagyr remain untouched while being terrible.



I have been told Phoenix termies, Rampagers and Varagry are getting an update after warhammer fest and new models for the Varagyr and Forge world isnt happy with them, take with a pinch of salt as always

   
Made in us
Bounding Assault Marine



Leominster

 obsidiankatana wrote:
Magnus got downright gutted. Ouch.

Angron got spicy.

New Moritat rules are interesting. Still not great, but interesting.

Headhunters got a step in the right direction.

New Quad Launcher rules make Phosphex a potentially not friendship-ending weapon, good for all fluffy Death Guard players.

Medusan Immortals look downright scary now.

Overall I am pleased.

EDIT - No Dark Angel love. :(



When you say "gutted" I assume you mean "He is balanced now"?

I ran magnus and the 15th when they came out. Magnus with a D Nova is INSANE. I played 3v1 Apoc down 5k points. I still won because Magnus used Gate to Infinity and went "KANEDA!" And Akira Blasted four super heavies in one turn.

He is right where he needs to be.

"I was never a Son of Horus. I was and remain a Luna Wolf. A proud son of Cthonia, a loyal servant of the Emperor."

Recasts are like Fight Cub. No one talks about it, but more people do it then you realize.



Armies.
Luna Wolves 4,000 Points
Thousand Sons 4,000 Points. 
   
Made in us
Jinking Ravenwing Land Speeder Pilot




Cleveland, Ohio, USA

LunaWolvesLoyalist wrote:
[When you say "gutted" I assume you mean "He is balanced now"?

I ran magnus and the 15th when they came out. Magnus with a D Nova is INSANE. I played 3v1 Apoc down 5k points. I still won because Magnus used Gate to Infinity and went "KANEDA!" And Akira Blasted four super heavies in one turn.

He is right where he needs to be.


Oh, I prefer where he is now to where he was. Just saying that the amount he was overall reduced in effectiveness was, well, "gutting."

Though I'm not sold that the 175pt upgrade is worth the tag. Could see Magnus clock in at 550pts overall and get those additional rules all the time.

They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines, and they shall know no fear. 
   
Made in us
Mysterious Techpriest






A personal gripe of mine just got fixed - the Domitar Graviton Hammer, which, in its fluff are based on the Graviton Ram on the Thanatar-Calix but didn't have a template to lay down in the shooting phase like the Thanatar did, now gets two!
They both got haywire, so now the Domitar is absolute death to any non-superheavy vehicle up close...
Woe betide the dreadnought that tries to assault this thing...

The new quad-mortar rules sound good, i'll take them up on the 'playtesting' offer..


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-px27tzAtVwZpZ4ljopV2w "ashtrays and teacups do not count as cover"
"jack of all trades, master of none; certainly better than a master of one"
The Ordo Reductor - the guy's who make wonderful things like the Landraider Achillies, but can't use them in battle..  
   
Made in us
Giggling Nurgling




Death Guard got some love since it's lackluster ROW in book 6.
Free upgrade Power Scythes from power fists.
Destroyers squads got their price reduced. [love it] I still think they can be improved upon, but not unwelcomed.
Higher attack output will make them popular for World Eaters too.

Quad mortars are neutered. I get why it was done, I just personally would rather seen priced increased for certain [phosphex] munitions rather than Heavy_1 rules. Oh well.
   
Made in pl
Regular Dakkanaut




Callous_Typhon wrote:

Quad mortars are neutered. I get why it was done, I just personally would rather seen priced increased for certain [phosphex] munitions rather than Heavy_1 rules. Oh well.


It was done to speed up the game. Good in my book.

FAQ is welcomed. It would be much more welcomed if they made more changes to other overpriced units like Breachers.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Abel





Washington State

Overall, I like all the changes, especially the Rapier Quad Launchers.

Varagyr Space Wolf Terminators are horrible models (they are just bananas bad!), and the rules/points price make them some of the worst named Terminators in 30K. FW needs to just axe these guys and start over with a blank slate.

Destroyers were pretty good before. Now they are better. Love it!

I'm not sold on the Moritat changes. It's still suicide to take one with plasma pistols, which leaves bolt pistols and Volkite. Hope Forge World makes a Bolt Pistol version someday.

Can't believe Imperial Fist Warders got counter attack and a ton of cheaper options combined with the changes in boarding shields making them cheaper then regular Breacher squads. Good for IF players!

This FAQ/Errata was very unexpected, but welcomed. Nice to see Forge World engaging in the Horus Heresy again!

Kara Sloan shoots through Time and Design Space for a Negative Play Experience  
   
Made in gb
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps





UK

 Tamwulf wrote:
Hope Forge World makes a Bolt Pistol version someday.


They did, but it remains unreleased:

   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





I am so excited about the Ashen Circle! They went down 5 points per model, their base axe went from Ap6 to AP3 and they can now be joined by Chaplains and Moritats (previously no IC could join them). I am legitimately happy now

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/02/12 18:35:52


 
   
Made in us
Witch Hunter Undercover in a Cult







Callous_Typhon wrote:
...Free upgrade Power Scythes from power fists...


This one's a bookkeeping tweak; the option used to be "any Character or Independent Character with the option to purchase a powerfist can instead purchase a power scythe at the same cost." As far as I can tell the practical effect of the change is to allow Grave Warden Sergeants the option for the scythe since they're the only Character or Independent Character in the Death Guard who start with a powerfist rather than having the option to upgrade to one.

Victoria est autem vita.

Stories at https://knightofthegrey.wordpress.com/
Game-related musings at https://thescenicdetour.wordpress.com/
Both updated irregularly 
   
Made in us
Giggling Nurgling




 AnomanderRake wrote:
Callous_Typhon wrote:
...Free upgrade Power Scythes from power fists...


This one's a bookkeeping tweak; the option used to be "any Character or Independent Character with the option to purchase a powerfist can instead purchase a power scythe at the same cost." As far as I can tell the practical effect of the change is to allow Grave Warden Sergeants the option for the scythe since they're the only Character or Independent Character in the Death Guard who start with a powerfist rather than having the option to upgrade to one.


Still amounts to choosing a free exchange to reap at Str5/AP2, or 5pt for chainfist.
Speaking of Grave Wardens... R.I.P. Sincerely FW.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




Honestly as someone that was doing a list with lots of Ashen Circle, the buffs are very over the top to me. I can't complain.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Abel





Washington State

 zedmeister wrote:
 Tamwulf wrote:
Hope Forge World makes a Bolt Pistol version someday.


They did, but it remains unreleased:



Oooooh. Very nice! Maybe... someday... would love to get one for my SoH and IF armies!

Kara Sloan shoots through Time and Design Space for a Negative Play Experience  
   
Made in us
Leader of the Sept






So like, I have always liked destroyer and moritats. Does this make them useful? I struggle to see how destroyers are good, bolt pistols seem.... underwhelming.

Bullockist wrote:I think a mini of hotsauceman1 rending the overly serious posters of dakka in twain with a flexing of humourous intent would be a winning mini.

4000pts 2000 1500
 
   
Made in us
Giggling Nurgling




 hotsauceman1 wrote:
So like, I have always liked destroyer and moritats. Does this make them useful? I struggle to see how destroyers are good, bolt pistols seem.... underwhelming.


a 35pt/5pt reduction and free Hardened armor rule makes them not only affordable but survivable.
Besides, unless you got a hard on for Geneva Convention scripts, you take destroyers for that Rad Missie they can carry.
Bolt pistols generally clean up the radiated/gassed leftovers.
   
Made in de
Been Around the Block




Callous_Typhon wrote:
 hotsauceman1 wrote:
So like, I have always liked destroyer and moritats. Does this make them useful? I struggle to see how destroyers are good, bolt pistols seem.... underwhelming.


a 35pt/5pt reduction and free Hardened armor rule makes them not only affordable but survivable.
Besides, unless you got a hard on for Geneva Convention scripts, you take destroyers for that Rad Missie they can carry.
Bolt pistols generally clean up the radiated/gassed leftovers.

Also they have 4 attacks in the first round of combat, so they got quite deadly in melee as well.
   
Made in us
Leader of the Sept






Cool cause I was thinking of running a volkite moritat with destroyers in my WS list so I can get milage put of all my Bolters on bikes

Bullockist wrote:I think a mini of hotsauceman1 rending the overly serious posters of dakka in twain with a flexing of humourous intent would be a winning mini.

4000pts 2000 1500
 
   
Made in gb
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps





UK

 hotsauceman1 wrote:
Cool cause I was thinking of running a volkite moritat with destroyers in my WS list so I can get milage put of all my Bolters on bikes


Don't forget they have counter attack, rad grenades (so will be wounding on 3's in hth combat most of the time) as well as the odd Phosphex bomb for softening up tough targets. They dish out a lot of attacks for their numbers.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/02/14 21:19:01


 
   
 
Forum Index » Warhammer 30K
Go to: