Switch Theme:

its been a while since i felt like painting... time to start up a new blog...  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Three Color Minimum





North Louisiana

i am a casual painter, an even more casual gamer ... i took a break for a couple of years from painting... was just getting frustrated at what felt like a lack of skill progress for myself...

over the past couple of months i started getting interested again... but this time something clicked .. i stopped caring if i screwed up while painting something .. and just started going with it ...

i still have no clear direction on what i paint .. just whatever looks interesting to me mostly hah! .. so this will be filled with random mini's as i pick one out of the room-o-shame to assemble and paint .. with the occasional one i do for someone else as well...

[Thumb - 20190603_163721.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190603_163719.jpg]

[Thumb - FB_IMG_1558585113268.jpg]

[Thumb - FB_IMG_1558585101230.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190603_134356.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190603_134342.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190603_115217.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190603_115208.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190603_115200.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190603_115147.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190601_161800.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190601_161755.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190601_161745.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190601_161738.jpg]


   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Welcome back! Everything looks good so far. Firejaws really stand out. Here's to more worry-free painting.
   
Made in us
Three Color Minimum





North Louisiana

Thanks! .. and yeah really liking what i have figured out with the airbrush finally .. even if it is just base coating and such still...
[Thumb - 20190603_175352.jpg]


   
Made in us
Three Color Minimum





North Louisiana

Ever since i saw this mini, i had to have it .. never played AoS at all. but have collected up a handful of minis i think are interesting from their series.
[Thumb - 20190603_192259.jpg]


   
Made in gb
Been Around the Block





Good to see you've rediscovered the joy of painting. Spells are looking really good, loo forward to more
   
Made in us
Three Color Minimum





North Louisiana

Maharg wrote:
Good to see you've rediscovered the joy of painting. Spells are looking really good, loo forward to more


thanks! .. yeah in the past i was getting to hung up comparing my work to others ... now i just enjoy doing it ... and it shows to me at least hah.

   
Made in us
Three Color Minimum





North Louisiana

Got these fully finished so pulled out the booth to take a few better photos of them
[Thumb - 20190604_202047.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190604_202102.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190604_202122.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190604_202139.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190604_202153.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190604_202206.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190604_202221.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190604_202234.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190604_202247.jpg]


   
Made in us
Three Color Minimum





North Louisiana

Slowly getting the trim on my first Iron Warriors Obliterator .. this is going to be a slow process i can tell... then much more detailing and weathering once this is done ...

[Thumb - 20190606_221221.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190606_221235.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190606_221252.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190606_221307.jpg]


   
Made in us
Three Color Minimum





North Louisiana

My Underworlds group i just finished up.
[Thumb - IMG_20190513_075236_236.jpg]

[Thumb - IMG_20190513_075236_238.jpg]

[Thumb - IMG_20190427_144326_380.jpg]

[Thumb - IMG_20190513_075236_235.jpg]


   
Made in us
Three Color Minimum





North Louisiana

And two more for my Iron Warriors ... (i hop armies quicker then a frog on hot pavement)
[Thumb - IMG_20190506_212713_455.jpg]

[Thumb - IMG_20190506_212713_457.jpg]

[Thumb - IMG_20190506_212713_462.jpg]

[Thumb - IMG_20190513_075143_795.jpg]

[Thumb - IMG_20190513_075143_798.jpg]

[Thumb - IMG_20190513_075143_799.jpg]

[Thumb - IMG_20190513_075143_802.jpg]


   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Still love the nom-nom fire, and those Orcs look very cool in blue.
   
Made in ch
Potent Possessed Daemonvessel





 SilenzZzz wrote:
And two more for my Iron Warriors ... (i hop armies quicker then a frog on hot pavement)



Nice one, but i must ask, what about the hazard stripes?
(or are they steel brethern, they are a splinter that lacks the hazard stripes?)

BTW i like him. really

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost.) 
   
Made in us
Three Color Minimum





North Louisiana

Not Online!!! wrote:
 SilenzZzz wrote:
And two more for my Iron Warriors ... (i hop armies quicker then a frog on hot pavement)



Nice one, but i must ask, what about the hazard stripes?
(or are they steel brethern, they are a splinter that lacks the hazard stripes?)

BTW i like him. really


thanks, I haven't attempted hazard stripes at all yet .. will try them when i get to some of the heavier stuff and see how it goes .. maybe one day on a shoulder pad or two as well. as for them being a splinter .. honestly no clue hah i just enjoy painting them.

same on the AoS orks .. i want to put white checkers on them somewhere, but not comfortable attemtping it just yet so i got them to that stage and will come back later and attempt them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/06/07 15:09:15


   
Made in fi
Regular Dakkanaut





The spells and the orks look great! I'm liking the vibrant colors, and Ironskull's cloak has some great texture. Is that just drybrushing?

Not Online!!! wrote:
thanks, I haven't attempted hazard stripes at all yet .. will try them when i get to some of the heavier stuff and see how it goes .. maybe one day on a shoulder pad or two as well. as for them being a splinter .. honestly no clue hah i just enjoy painting them.
same on the AoS orks .. i want to put white checkers on them somewhere, but not comfortable attemtping it just yet so i got them to that stage and will come back later and attempt them.

I'd suggest trying the hazard stripes on something flat first, rather than on a shoulder pad, makes it easier to paint straight lines.
And on checkers, orks are the perfect models for practicing! If your lines are not 100% straight, it doesn't really matter. Anyway, don't be intimidated by stripes or checkers, just try them out! They're fun to do and not that difficult in the end.

My P&M log here on Dakka [WIP and finished work]
My blog on Wordpress [Finished work] 
   
Made in us
Three Color Minimum





North Louisiana

 mcmattila wrote:
The spells and the orks look great! I'm liking the vibrant colors, and Ironskull's cloak has some great texture. Is that just drybrushing?

Not Online!!! wrote:
thanks, I haven't attempted hazard stripes at all yet .. will try them when i get to some of the heavier stuff and see how it goes .. maybe one day on a shoulder pad or two as well. as for them being a splinter .. honestly no clue hah i just enjoy painting them.
same on the AoS orks .. i want to put white checkers on them somewhere, but not comfortable attemtping it just yet so i got them to that stage and will come back later and attempt them.

I'd suggest trying the hazard stripes on something flat first, rather than on a shoulder pad, makes it easier to paint straight lines.
And on checkers, orks are the perfect models for practicing! If your lines are not 100% straight, it doesn't really matter. Anyway, don't be intimidated by stripes or checkers, just try them out! They're fun to do and not that difficult in the end.


i have some old rhinos i am salvaging to make again (may end up terrain tho they are pretty rough) so i can practice on them for sure ...

and makes sense on the orks haha! ... i will give some a try .. maybe today or this evening just to see how they turn out.

   
Made in us
Three Color Minimum





North Louisiana

Working on the fleshy areas of my first Obliterator some.
[Thumb - 20190609_105247.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190609_105255.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190609_105303.jpg]


   
Made in us
Three Color Minimum





North Louisiana

And i got 3 more guys for one of my killteams base coated.
[Thumb - 20190609_105210.jpg]


   
Made in us
Three Color Minimum





North Louisiana

Then there is this guy .. i dont play tau but have always liked this mini ... finally getting around to try to paint it... base coats are started.
[Thumb - 20190609_105056.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190609_105102.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190609_105109.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190609_105120.jpg]


   
Made in us
Three Color Minimum





North Louisiana

I have done a little bit more on the Tau Stealth suit... i think, other then the hooves.. and panel lining it, and then the sight spot. i am happy with how it is turning out...
[Thumb - 20190610_181617.jpg]


   
Made in us
Three Color Minimum





North Louisiana

A friend asked me if i would paint one of his Blood Angels for him... first time painting finecast... meh is my experience so far .. even after washing it a few times still have had some fisheye issues ... mostly on the metallics tho ..

i think this would have been a lot easier to paint unassembled for sure ... have blacked out the areas behind the body as much as i can, and will detail out from there...

still in the stages of just blocking in the colors before i start on detailing tho....
[Thumb - 20190610_181550.jpg]


   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Stealth suit is looking quite promising. Digging the Blood Angel, too.
   
Made in us
Three Color Minimum





North Louisiana

 youwashock wrote:
Stealth suit is looking quite promising. Digging the Blood Angel, too.


thanks, still debating on the color for the hooves on the stealth suit honestly ...

did a little more on the BA before i went to work this morning...
[Thumb - 20190611_073909.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190611_073920.jpg]


   
Made in ch
Potent Possessed Daemonvessel





For supposedly beeing casual you do a great job imo!

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost.) 
   
Made in au
Fixture of Dakka





Melbourne

Lovely work, mate.

Where is that boaty skeleton man from? That's the sort of whacky model i'd like to have!

My Blogs -
Dark Angels - Currently Black Knights & Terminators
Terrain - Currently Dead
My Instagram - I don't post much. 
   
Made in us
Three Color Minimum





North Louisiana

Not Online!!! wrote:For supposedly beeing casual you do a great job imo!


thanks! i am glad that i am finally feeling like my painting has improved.

Snrub wrote:Lovely work, mate.

Where is that boaty skeleton man from? That's the sort of whacky model i'd like to have!


Ii is from the newest age of sigmar endless spells.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/AoS-Forbidden-Power-EN-2019

[Thumb - 20190611_214658.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190611_214705.jpg]


   
Made in us
Three Color Minimum





North Louisiana

It has been a busy week at work so not much progress overall towards painting but i have done a little more on this guy ... I now know for certain i would have much rather painted him unassembled then put it together .. but it is how it was given to me so just going with it ... still some more colors to do then onto ink washing and highlights ...

[Thumb - 20190615_082230.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190615_082245.jpg]


   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




Aye, the ink wash will set him alight like a phoenix from the ashes. I really like the delicate work that you have done on the grey of the wings.

Painting Warhammer 40,000 Conquest a P and M blog : https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/763491.page 
   
Made in us
Three Color Minimum





North Louisiana

ListenToMeWarriors wrote:
Aye, the ink wash will set him alight like a phoenix from the ashes. I really like the delicate work that you have done on the grey of the wings.


Thanks, going to prob start the ink washing sunday morning since i am off work and go from there.

i still plan on doing a little more with the wings but stopped on them till i finish the sword and such.. plan is to get a lot of the larger feathers on the wings to an almost white near the tips

   
Made in us
Three Color Minimum





North Louisiana

Incoming paint spam... had the day off so worked on a few things ... first was my Stealth Suit .. got it panel lined ... now just need to do the hooves and base. happy with how it has turned out for not being a Tau collector.
[Thumb - 20190616_171556.jpg]


   
Made in us
Three Color Minimum





North Louisiana

Also worked on my friends two minis some more ... mostly the blood drops and sword left on the first guy .. a long ways to go on the second one still.
[Thumb - 20190616_171536.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190616_171544.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190616_171521.jpg]

[Thumb - 20190616_171528.jpg]


   
 
Forum Index » Dakka P&M Blogs
Go to: