Switch Theme:

Thread for Renegades and heretics aswell as Elysians in regards to getting squatted, (corsairs too)  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





Well, looks like Renegades and Heretics aswell as elysians bit the dust.

Kinda. (depending entirely if you count legends as a thing, most don't so yeah)

I wanted to make this thread to see how many of us are still out there and to potentially organise to atleast get a real statement out from GW and organise those off us in this thread.

Are there any ideas what we could do?
I threw some ideas at the wall:

Contacting GW, via E-mail and FB, politely of course consideirng the poor sods for Customer relations aswell PR lowers are just that. No need to make their day worse.
I used the one provided on their New edition Updates article for contacting them : https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/13/new-edition-updates-for-your-army/ aka this one : 40KFAQ@gwplc.com

Potentially adapt/write up houserules.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/07/14 09:46:04


   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut




Not a collector of those myself, but I appreciate your way of approach.

If needs be, you can put my name on the list of supporters who would like to have clarity about the topic.
   
Made in de
Gibbering Horde of Chaos




Hello,

i have already contacted GW and said how annoyed I am about the Renegades' absence without comment.

I think this approach is very bad for GW because they simply ignore the Renegaden players.

I think as many people as possible should contact GW and show their anger. GW should at least comment on this vanish....
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





a_typical_hero wrote:
Not a collector of those myself, but I appreciate your way of approach.

If needs be, you can put my name on the list of supporters who would like to have clarity about the topic.


Thanks, i also did write them a Mail today, asking them why Elysians and Renegades and Heretics just seem to be forgotten.

Should've put the E-Mail there, i used the one provided on their New Edition Updares articles which are supposedly for all our armies, i throw it in the first post.



Automatically Appended Next Post:
Xeldaan wrote:
Hello,

i have already contacted GW and said how annoyed I am about the Renegades' absence without comment.

I think this approach is very bad for GW because they simply ignore the Renegaden players.

I think as many people as possible should contact GW and show their anger. GW should at least comment on this vanish
....


Well it isn't just R&H , the drop regiments which should also be a rather important part of the lore just got squatted aswell.

As for ignoring us, i can sing a song about that through all of 8th sadly....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/14 08:35:50


   
Made in us
Mutated Chosen Chaos Marine






I'd say they're probably planning to replace R&H with Traitor Guard. As for the others, no idea.
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





 Togusa wrote:
I'd say they're probably planning to replace R&H with Traitor Guard. As for the others, no idea.


A statement would still be nice, especially if it would actually confirm that those that have such armies are not sitting on the next generation squats...

   
Made in de
Waaagh! Ork Warboss on Warbike






Since I don't know a lot about the R&H army, how is the model support for them? Do you just use guard models and convert them?
To me it seems like GW squatted every FW thing that doesn't have model support.

 Daedalus81 wrote:
SemperMortis wrote:
Yes, because everyone lines up on the deployment line when facing off against orkz, especially when said orkz are fielding 3 Bonebreakers...which rely exclusively on getting into CC to inflict any kind of actual harm. All of your arguments rely upon your opponent being a brain dead muppet who just lets you maul him.


Yea...that's called board control.
 
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





 Jidmah wrote:
Since I don't know a lot about the R&H army, how is the model support for them? Do you just use guard models and convert them?
To me it seems like GW squatted every FW thing that doesn't have model support.


Both got offed during 8th, and also promplty ignored during 8th.

But the whole vehicle arsenal is either FW and still in production or IG and also still in production.

   
Made in us
Mutated Chosen Chaos Marine




The dark hollows of Kentucky

You know I'm in. Going to send them an email today after work, making sure to point out the extra time and money spent by R&H players buying extra kits just to convert our stuff. Bought lots of chaos vehicle sprues over the years. Nowadays you have to buy a rhino just to get one. I think we should throw Corsairs in too.

Glad you've started this. Gw shouldn't stop supporting armies after selling them to players. It's bad business.
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





Aye, threw the knife ears in too.


My issue is more or less that just a huge part of the lore would get even worse representation than it allready had.

Drop troops as the IG assault answer should be common sight, not a rariety.

R&H as the mainline for Chaos that it supposed to be in the lore, be they chaos empires, traitor regiments, heretek servitors, cults and mutants just missing would be even worse because it wouldn't be a specific type of regiment, but basically the whole core out of the perspecitve of lore for chaos that would suddendly disapear.

Corsairs, for a species as capricious as Eldar are, just missing is also imo a nono...

   
Made in us
Monster-Slaying Daemonhunter





o7 Elysia, may your next bridge be just far enough.

I don't think we'll see Elysian Drop Troopers and Corsair return, but we might see a GW-made line for Renegades, since we did after all see Chaos Knights.

Guardsmen, hear me! Cadia may lie in ruin, but her proud people do not! For each brother and sister who gave their lives to Him as martyrs, we will reap a vengeance fiftyfold! Cadia may be no more, but will never be forgotten; our foes shall tremble in fear at the name, for their doom shall come from the barrels of Cadian guns, fired by Cadian hands! Forward, for vengeance and retribution, in His name and the names of our fallen comrades! 
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





 Inquisitor Lord Katherine wrote:
o7 Elysia, may your next bridge be just far enough.

I don't think we'll see Elysian Drop Troopers and Corsair return, but we might see a GW-made line for Renegades, since we did after all see Chaos Knights.


shame really, but i still want an official answer from GW, which btw as off now, nothing yet.


   
Made in jp
Long-Range Black Templar Land Speeder Pilot





Ishikawa Prefecture, Japan

The Moorendar 3rd heed your call, Warmaster!

Gonna send them an email later tonight!

Ongoing P&M shennanigans!
Warband of the Pilgrim Saint - Marines and SoB, My first ever project! http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/664123.page
Assorted Inquisition stuff! I get wierd with conversions sometimes! https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/30/743187.page
The Carpathina Tin Ghosts - Skitarii Rangers who don't want redemption - only to kill xenos. https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/748211.page
Vaguely Coleridgian Eldar Friends https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/749595.page#9830499
Care for a snifter of mine-tonic, comrade? Genestealers await the coming of the Black Emperor https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/757105.page
The Moorendar 3rd and the Proselytes of the Drain Fly - Nurgle 40k https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/770536.page
Haven't bought from GW since December 2019 - resist price hikes and unfair pricing outside of the UK  
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





a_typical_hero wrote:
Not a collector of those myself, but I appreciate your way of approach.

If needs be, you can put my name on the list of supporters who would like to have clarity about the topic.


Yep - I support this wholeheartedly.

   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





Having your armies essentially squatted is painful, I know this too well already.
If you’re going for a petition or similar then count me in too.
Don’t play either but I’ve now had 3 armies squatted in the past.
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka






Falls Church, VA

Gonna go ahead and a mail them as well. The mortal lore for Chaos is so much more interesting than the Chaos Space Marine lore in my humble opinion.

Some people say they know no fear. What they mean is that they have encountered and conquered it. I, on the other hand, truly know no fear. It is as alien to me as doubt, rage, or mercy.

2nd Concordian Independent Super Heavy Tank Armoured Regiment - 12,376 points
Order of the Luminous Beacon - 2087 points
Nevian Conclave of the Ordo Hereticus - 2002 points 
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





Thanks guys, sofar i think step one is sending them a Mail asking what happened to these factions.

I allready sent one.

The next step (atleast for me) would be making FB and asking them what happened to these in a friendly and insistent manner.


Which at some point should lead to either a statement by E-mail, individually or an public statement on FB.


If nothing happens and gw pulls through, well then the real work would beginn and i'd pick up the rewriting i allready started for private use of IA13 list and fix that up to be presentable for use by the public.
Since i don't have elysians beyond 8th though i have not enough experience imo on them so i wouldn't attempt that, same with corsairs but i feel confident that people exist that could handle those.

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Annandale, VA

Sent an email. I've always run my R&H as regular Guard, but it'd be nice to have some decent, fluffy rules back.
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





What I wrote - feel free to copy.

To Whom It May Concern,

It has come to the attention of many bereaved players that certain factions do not feature in the latest point updates. Most notably Elysians and Renegades & Heretics.

I find it unacceptable that you made this decision without giving a path for current players on what they should be able to do with their models. I would ask that you please make a public statement about your intentions.

If they're going to Legends, say so.
If they're just forgotten, say so.
If they're getting remade then at least drop a hint.

The community will appreciate your candor on the matter.

Sincerely,

A concerned enthusiast

   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





 Daedalus81 wrote:
What I wrote - feel free to copy.

To Whom It May Concern,

It has come to the attention of many bereaved players that certain factions do not feature in the latest point updates. Most notably Elysians and Renegades & Heretics.

I find it unacceptable that you made this decision without giving a path for current players on what they should be able to do with their models. I would ask that you please make a public statement about your intentions.

If they're going to Legends, say so.
If they're just forgotten, say so.
If they're getting remade then at least drop a hint.

The community will appreciate your candor on the matter.

Sincerely,

A concerned enthusiast


That's a nice one.


   
Made in de
Hardened Veteran Guardsman





While I would personally love a Codex Renegades - I still have 50+ Mantic Plague Infected that I want to use as Nurgle cultists some day - I am not sure how they could be done without being a poor man's copy of GSC and/or Guard.

Lorewise, they absolutely do need their own Codex, since Chaos battles are probably something like 95% them, 4.9% CSM and 0.1% daemonic incursions.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/14 20:26:19


 
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





 Esmer wrote:
While I would personally love a Codex Renegades - I still have 50+ Mantic Plague Infected that I want to use as Nurgle cultists some day - I am not sure how they could be done without being a poor man's copy of GSC and/or Guard.

Lorewise, they absolutely do need their own Codex, since Chaos battles are probably something like 95% them, 4.9% CSM and 0.1% daemonic incursions.

Hence why one could mention in a mail to them why not approach it like IA13 or focus on the nature of uprising, Heck you could Split up such a dex into 3 Like the deldar : cults ,mutants and traitor guard /PDF with a focus on improvised or local producers Adapted civilian vehicles and Arms.


   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




Well apparently they removed Lias Issodon despite keeping other characters without models. So I'm obviously irate about that.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
Well apparently they removed Lias Issodon despite keeping other characters without models. So I'm obviously irate about that.


Mail them and ask where he and the whole armies went maybee as a course of action?
Politely of course .


Maybee gw will mention how issadon plays hide and seek with them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/14 20:48:55


   
Made in us
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps




 Esmer wrote:
While I would personally love a Codex Renegades - I still have 50+ Mantic Plague Infected that I want to use as Nurgle cultists some day - I am not sure how they could be done without being a poor man's copy of GSC and/or Guard.

Lorewise, they absolutely do need their own Codex, since Chaos battles are probably something like 95% them, 4.9% CSM and 0.1% daemonic incursions.


I think there is some room. Theres been a fair amount of uniquely chaotic stuff over the years, various gribbly beasts Stalk Tanks (part of the Blood Pact stuff from the Gaunt's Ghost series), various mutants, spawn, beastmen and so on.

It could focus more on rabble and mortal elites (closer to sisters or eldar than marines), plus medium sized 'monsters' with vehicle support rather than ambushers or overwhelming numbers of tanks back up by regimented squads.

Some sort of ritual or sacrifice mechanics for buffs. Particular the former tying into the new 'actions.'

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/14 20:50:45


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





What about turned pdf, civilian Trucks alongside chimera and guard vehicles autoguns and variants, psyker ,mutants rabble and cultists , fieldguns ? Non Space worthy fighter and bombers?

Also yeah sacrifice thingy ,priests and vast hordes of disenfranchised lowerclass rabble.
Summoning possesion etc .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/14 20:54:43


   
Made in us
Unbalanced Fanatic






This is the first time GW has straight-up squatted a faction in a long time it, isn't it?

It's a shame too because those three were some of the most iconic 40k factions for me, despite not playing any of them.
Corsairs were an important bridge/link between the craftworlds and commorragh, the kind of thing your average eldar might follow instead of the more selective harlequins.
Elysians were closer to the idea of what the IG are supposed to be more than most any other regiment, shock troops to support a besieged planet enmass.
And R&H were reminders that most chaos followers are just normal humans with little connection to the gods at all; masses of humans who advance on the imperium in a kind of march on versailles, only they are being gunned down both from the front by their enemy, the rear by their enforcers, and within by the rogue psykers amongst their ranks.

I know wouldn't mind playing against them in 9th using their 8th points values since they missed out on a codex. Even with some real WL traits and such ported over from 7th.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




Not Online!!! wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
Well apparently they removed Lias Issodon despite keeping other characters without models. So I'm obviously irate about that.


Mail them and ask where he and the whole armies went maybee as a course of action?
Politely of course .


Maybee gw will mention how issadon plays hide and seek with them.

I've sent MANY emails over the course of a couple of years and you really expect me to email them again?

Since you're basically a decent person sure I will.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
Not Online!!! wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
Well apparently they removed Lias Issodon despite keeping other characters without models. So I'm obviously irate about that.


Mail them and ask where he and the whole armies went maybee as a course of action?
Politely of course .


Maybee gw will mention how issadon plays hide and seek with them.

I've sent MANY emails over the course of a couple of years and you really expect me to email them again?

Since you're basically a decent person sure I will.

Ha ,i take that as a compliment.


But humour aside , the uncertainity is the worst about this situation.
Well that and the Lore representation getting defenestrated.

   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran






UK

This seems ludicrous to me, Chaos is going to be made up almost entirely of cultists and renegades, there's at best 1-2 million CSM in the galaxy, they're going to be thinly spread (hmm... 1 million Space Marines... hmm) R&H DEFINITELY need a Codex, frankly it's ridiculous that they haven't got one

Skinflint Games- war gaming in the age of austerity

http://www.skinflintgames.co.uk

 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: