Switch Theme:

First 'Warhammer Quest: Cursed City' expansion - Nightwars  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Moustache-twirling Princeps




United Kingdom

Tackle a Trio of Terrifying Vampires in Nightwars – The Upcoming Expansion for Warhammer Quest: Cursed City



Warhammer Quest: Cursed City is coming back! The immersive co-op dungeon crawler set in the Age of Sigmar was first released in 2021 and returned earlier this year as a Made to Order product. It will return to store shelves for good this October, and in celebration we bring news of an expansion.

Warhammer Quest: Cursed City – Nightwars picks up where Cursed City left off, continuing the narrative with new journeys, powerful upgrades, and new rules for horrific enemies that a valiant adventuring party can fight during the Curse of Night Unending.

In the darkness suffocating Ulfenkarn, one guttering beacon of light stands alone – a survivor’s enclave, named Haven. What’s more, three vampiric lords have arrived in the Cursed City with plans for the throne of the Ebon Citadel – abandoned after a certain bestial vampire was sent packing with his tail between his legs.

To flush these new vampires out, your heroes must undertake new Journeys exclusive to Nightwars. Wipe out Lady Annika the Thirsting Blade’s vampiric taint from Ulfenkarn, disable Carmilla DuSang’s information networks, and raze the vermin-infested territory of Kritza, the Rat Prince. Then, face off against each one in a climactic and bloody Decapitation.

As they gain experience, your heroes will be able to unlock elite classes with new abilities. They’ll need all the help they can get to take down all three bloodsuckers and the monstrous creatures that still stalk the streets of Ulfenkarn.

Haven is rife with rumours that Radukar himself is among these creatures, having adopted a hideous new form…

This expansion contains no miniatures, so you can acquire each of the three vampires in turn as you head out on your quest to hunt them down one by one. You’ll need a set of Fell Bats and Radukar the Beast to start immediately. If you’ve already got a Soulblight Gravelords collection, this expansion unlocks a heap of new narrative opportunities.







EDIT: "This expansion contains no miniatures", so you'll need to buy the models separately...

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2022/09/02 13:56:49


 
   
Made in de
Boosting Ultramarine Biker




Hamburg

No miniatures? Booh!

My Element Games referal code: SVE5335 
   
Made in ca
Hoary Long Fang with Lascannon






The box comes with no models, they say that in the article. Looks neat, but not whT I was expecting compared to the Blackstone expansions.

Wolfspear's 2k
Harlequins 2k
Chaos Knights 2k
Spiderfangs 2k
Ossiarch Bonereapers 1k 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




Oh no no no...
   
Made in gb
Tough Tyrant Guard





London

I guess at least it means that the models don't end up getting discontinued when they run out of card stock like Blackstone Fortress at least.
   
Made in us
Boom! Leman Russ Commander





No models? Lol.
   
Made in de
Hardened Veteran Guardsman




My guess it, it initially was planned to include the vampires but then that fiasco happened. And if it would include them, people would complain to buy those twice

   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





 Arbitrator wrote:
No models? Lol.


Definitely an odd one but if it would just be using the existing (or since re-purposed) Soulblight models anyway then I actually prefer this method of release.
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







Price point on this box of cardboard is going to be interesting, given the three models come to £61 on their own at present.

2021 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My [url=https://pileofpotential.com/dysartes]Pile of Potential[/url - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.


 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army... 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





The Crimson Court models could easily be used for this expansion. Practially four Vampire Lords + Underworld decks for £26, while the models intended for this expansion will be £61...

But then it still depends on how much GW is asking for Nightwars; Heroquest: Return of the Witchlord is £25 and is the same content plus models...

Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in gr
Reeve






I’m not sure if the "no models" part is what they originally planned or not but I believe after one year or so from the original release of Cursed City and these Vampire models it was the only option.
Maybe it's more expensive getting everything separately but at least this way the people that want just the rules will buy just the rules and the people that want just the models (or one model) don’t have to buy the whole expansion. And because of the delay some people have already bought 1 or 2 miniatures and they don't have to buy a big expansion box and end up with duplicate miniatures.

That being said... I expect the next expansion to have new miniatures. Hopefully some FEC
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran



South East London

Hmmm, this is an odd one.

To play this expansion you need the following minis:

Lady Annika £21
Kritza £21
Radukar the beast £32.50
Vampire Lord £19
Fell bats £32.50

So that's £126 on minis plus the cost of the expansion.

Which makes this expansion more expensive than the core game?

Seems a bit odd.

The Blackstone Fortess expansions were really well thought out, but this one looks a bit like they didn't think this through.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2022/09/02 13:59:34


"Dig in and wait for Winter" 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




Yeah, this is probably the "least worst" option, but that doesn't make it a good one. I'm also interested in the price tag !
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





Wow, just Wow, thats £126(GW prices) worth of minis that would need to be brought separately on top of the no doubt over inflated Xpac price!
   
Made in gb
Ridin' on a Snotling Pump Wagon






Whaddya mean no models?

Poor show.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

H.B.M.C, 27 July 2022. Suddenly the Chaos Codex doesn't seem so bad.

Not at all quote mined. 
   
Made in gb
Fanatic with Madcap Mushrooms







Kind of highlights that the £20 price tag the champ blisters go for is obscene. Its one individual 32mm mini worth of plastic.

   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





 Original Timmy wrote:
Wow, just Wow, thats £126(GW prices) worth of minis that would need to be brought separately on top of the no doubt over inflated Xpac price!


"Need" isn't necessarily the case though with this. I'm not suggesting it's anything altruistic on their part or an advocation of using alternative models but it's at least more directly viable than usual with their expansions for games like WH:Q.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





No models come with this expansion... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

Thank God the people who run this company now inherited space marines. It's the only reason they're still in business.
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







 straken619 wrote:
I’m not sure if the "no models" part is what they originally planned or not but I believe after one year or so from the original release of Cursed City and these Vampire models it was the only option.
Maybe it's more expensive getting everything separately but at least this way the people that want just the rules will buy just the rules and the people that want just the models (or one model) don’t have to buy the whole expansion. And because of the delay some people have already bought 1 or 2 miniatures and they don't have to buy a big expansion box and end up with duplicate miniatures.

That being said... I expect the next expansion to have new miniatures. Hopefully some FEC


I agree completely. This damage control so people don't have to buy duplicates. Imagine the outrage in that case.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/09/02 14:08:58


Posters on ignore list: 35

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in vn
Longtime Dakkanaut




Another expansion with no new heroes, "bad guys expansions" are boring, now with no new miniature there're even less incentive to buy. As before most people buy those expansion to collect the miniature more than actually playing the game of Warhammer Quest.
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







Chopstick wrote:
Another expansion with no new heroes, "bad guys expansions" are boring

Your reasoning seems a bit odd here - how is an expansion that gives you multiple new chapters to play with the existing... 9 (I think) heroes any worse than giving you a few new heroes to play the existing content with?

I do agree that not including any new models is bad, but I don't get how additional content to play with existing characters - especially if there is material to enhance those characters with, which was mentioned - can be described as "boring".

2021 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My [url=https://pileofpotential.com/dysartes]Pile of Potential[/url - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.


 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army... 
   
Made in de
Boosting Ultramarine Biker




Hamburg

I mean I could live with no models in itself... if the required models would have been available in a box like Ynnari Triumvirate...

Buying them all singularly really leaves a bad taste.

My Element Games referal code: SVE5335 
   
Made in gb
Tough Tyrant Guard





London

 lord_blackfang wrote:
 straken619 wrote:
I’m not sure if the "no models" part is what they originally planned or not but I believe after one year or so from the original release of Cursed City and these Vampire models it was the only option.
Maybe it's more expensive getting everything separately but at least this way the people that want just the rules will buy just the rules and the people that want just the models (or one model) don’t have to buy the whole expansion. And because of the delay some people have already bought 1 or 2 miniatures and they don't have to buy a big expansion box and end up with duplicate miniatures.

That being said... I expect the next expansion to have new miniatures. Hopefully some FEC


I agree completely. This damage control so people don't have to buy duplicates. Imagine the outrage in that case.


GW didn't care about that with Blackstone Fortress and the Plague Marines you could pick up for cents on ebay otherwise.

And that set goes for crazy money now...
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Not going to buy this, and for the record I think not including models is lame, but I like the box art and design style of this release quite a bit. Very stylish, and perfectly suiting the theme.


Dakkadakka: Bringing wargamers together, one smile at a time.™ 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Radukar might be a case of reusing the Vargskyr from the core box, so long as the two characters aren't taking part in the same mission.

No idea how to get around the giant bats though.


Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

No miniatures?

What a joke...

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in gb
Ridin' on a Snotling Pump Wagon






I mean, the only thing in defence I can think of is not being A Competitive Game, but one best played with friends? Nowt wrong with just using cardboard counters or similar to represent the Big Nasties.

Still a poor excuse for including no models at all.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

H.B.M.C, 27 July 2022. Suddenly the Chaos Codex doesn't seem so bad.

Not at all quote mined. 
   
Made in us
Lead-Footed Trukkboy Driver



Olympia, WA

So the expansion doesn't include the very models that were obviously designed to be part of it? Here's some more cardboard for our mediocre rules! Go pay outrageous individual hero prices for the components that were the sole justification of the box's existence.

If I Had a Rocket Launcher, I'd Make Somebody Pay 
   
Made in gb
Using Inks and Washes





I already have all the needed minis, so I'll pick this up if the price isn't too wacky.

But, yeah, very disappointed in a 'No minis' expansion, hopefully this is just a one-off and not the plan for any future expansions.

   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




Well, this is gonna flop. If it came with the relevant miniatures you've gotta think for an expansion it'd be in the £40-50 region (or £50-60 in 2022 hyperinflation hell) but yeah, they haven't thought through the cost of buying all those miniatures at individual hero blister prices.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: