Switch Theme:

ArbitorIan's 7ed Reference Sheets - 30k and 40k Versions!  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in au
Longtime Dakkanaut





Perth, Australia

Brilliant, thanks!

   
Made in us
Daring Dark Eldar Raider Rider




Salt Lake City, Utah

Wow, this is incredibly helpful thank you so much!
   
Made in gb
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain





The Rock

My only problem with these is that the font is a little small for me. Wouldn't it be easier to do it 3 columns wide in portrait layout? or does that make more pages?

AoV's Hobby Blog 29/04/18 The Tomb World stirs p44
How to take decent photos of your models
There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand
Most importantly, Win or Lose, always try to have fun.
Armies Legion: Dark Angels 
   
Made in us
Gargantuan Gargant





New Bedford, MA USA

 MagickalMemories wrote:
First of all... This is very cool. Thank you for taking the time to compile it and share. That's VERY cool of you.

That said... I'm over 40, and the tiny print is killing me. Any plans to do a larger print version?

Thanks!

Eric


I had a similar idea of cutting and pasting the 7 pages into 14 larger print pages. Half my gaming group was squinting trying to read them.

   
Made in us
Nasty Nob on Warbike with Klaw





St. Louis, MO

I tried using them on Saturday. While they were VERY helpful, I only saved a little time, with the squinting and holding the pages at certain angles. LOL

Damn, I'm getting old. LOL


Eric

Black Fiend wrote: Okay all the ChapterHouse Nazis to the right!! All the GW apologists to the far left. LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE !!!
The Green Git wrote: I'd like to cross section them and see if they have TFG rings, but that's probably illegal.
Polonius wrote: You have to love when the most clearly biased person in the room is claiming to be objective.
Greebynog wrote:Us brits have a sense of fair play and propriety that you colonial savages can only dream of.
Stelek wrote: I know you're afraid. I want you to be. Because you should be. I've got the humiliation wagon all set up for you to take a ride back to suck city.
Quote: LunaHound--- Why do people hate unpainted models? I mean is it lacking the realism to what we fantasize the plastic soldier men to be?
I just can't stand it when people have fun the wrong way. - Chongara
I do believe that the GW "moneysheep" is a dying breed, despite their bleats to the contrary. - AesSedai
You are a thief and a predator of the wargaming community, and i'll be damned if anyone says differently ever again on my watch in these forums. -MajorTom11 
   
Made in gb
Dispassionate Imperial Judge






HATE Club, East London

angelofvengeance wrote:My only problem with these is that the font is a little small for me. Wouldn't it be easier to do it 3 columns wide in portrait layout? or does that make more pages?


adamsouza wrote:
 MagickalMemories wrote:
First of all... This is very cool. Thank you for taking the time to compile it and share. That's VERY cool of you.

That said... I'm over 40, and the tiny print is killing me. Any plans to do a larger print version?

Thanks!

Eric


I had a similar idea of cutting and pasting the 7 pages into 14 larger print pages. Half my gaming group was squinting trying to read them.


MagickalMemories wrote:I tried using them on Saturday. While they were VERY helpful, I only saved a little time, with the squinting and holding the pages at certain angles. LOL

Damn, I'm getting old. LOL


Eric


Ha! I must admit, I've not had this problem.

Making the text larger in any way is quite a lot of work, and would definitely result in a lot more pages - I'll try and find time to have a go at this, but not sure when!

In the mean time, they could be printed A3??

   
Made in us
Nasty Nob on Warbike with Klaw





St. Louis, MO

As long as you don't think I'm/we're unappreciative of the effort!
: )

Eric

Black Fiend wrote: Okay all the ChapterHouse Nazis to the right!! All the GW apologists to the far left. LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE !!!
The Green Git wrote: I'd like to cross section them and see if they have TFG rings, but that's probably illegal.
Polonius wrote: You have to love when the most clearly biased person in the room is claiming to be objective.
Greebynog wrote:Us brits have a sense of fair play and propriety that you colonial savages can only dream of.
Stelek wrote: I know you're afraid. I want you to be. Because you should be. I've got the humiliation wagon all set up for you to take a ride back to suck city.
Quote: LunaHound--- Why do people hate unpainted models? I mean is it lacking the realism to what we fantasize the plastic soldier men to be?
I just can't stand it when people have fun the wrong way. - Chongara
I do believe that the GW "moneysheep" is a dying breed, despite their bleats to the contrary. - AesSedai
You are a thief and a predator of the wargaming community, and i'll be damned if anyone says differently ever again on my watch in these forums. -MajorTom11 
   
Made in au
Sneaky Striking Scorpion






Quick question, did you make this in word or something else?

...I reject your reality and substitute it with my own...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 ThePrimordial wrote:

Tervigon comes out of nowhere. Proceeds to beat the Emperor to a bloody pulp somehow.
That's actually what happened, Horus is secretly a Tervigon.
The inquisition doesn't want you to know.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
DS:90+S++G+++M++B+I+++Pw40k07#++D++A++/cWD341R+++T(T)DM+ 
   
Made in gb
Dispassionate Imperial Judge






HATE Club, East London

 Timmy149 wrote:
Quick question, did you make this in word or something else?


Pages on a mac.

   
Made in us
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot





Columbus, GA

Awesome! I love it when people do little things to help the community.

DaddyWarcrimes: "Playing IG means never having to use the end of a screwdriver to pound a nail because you always have the points to bring the hammer."
Valhalla130's Hobby Progress thread: Valhallans, 'Nids and Fists
 
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut





Ottawa Ontario Canada

Finally got a chance to use this on the weekend, incredibly useful and awesome, many thanks for this good sir.

Do you play 30k? It'd be a lot cooler if you did.  
   
Made in it
Spawn of Chaos




Just wanted to thank you for this.
It's pretty useful
   
Made in be
Longtime Dakkanaut




Nice.

It's going to help me check my own summary.

I'm baking one that's basically following the game as it unfolds.

I put all the references, like Warlord Traits or Psychic Powers in different documents though, to really be able to follow the whole game on 3-4 sheets.

It's a bit tricky to re-include in a phase everything GW has scattered all over the book... thanks for the movement tables by the way.
   
Made in gb
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain





The Rock

Printed this out doublesided on A3 and laminated it. Very useful now

AoV's Hobby Blog 29/04/18 The Tomb World stirs p44
How to take decent photos of your models
There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand
Most importantly, Win or Lose, always try to have fun.
Armies Legion: Dark Angels 
   
Made in us
Gargantuan Gargant





New Bedford, MA USA

ArbitorIan did a great job of compiling all this information in a neat and concise format.

A few in my gaming group have had a bit of trouble reading the small print, when printed on letter sized paper, so I photo edited into into 18 pages of larger print for letter sized printing.

I figured I might as well share it here, knowing that at least MagickalMemories will get some use out of it

 Filename 40K 7E Old Eyes Ref Doc.pdf [Disk] Download
 Description 40K 7E Reference Doc for Old Eyes
 File size 18608 Kbytes


   
Made in gb
Dispassionate Imperial Judge






HATE Club, East London

Ha! Well done!

The columns are quite long and thin. Maybe i should get it printed onto wallpaper??

   
Made in us
Nasty Nob on Warbike with Klaw





St. Louis, MO

 adamsouza wrote:
ArbitorIan did a great job of compiling all this information in a neat and concise format.

A few in my gaming group have had a bit of trouble reading the small print, when printed on letter sized paper, so I photo edited into into 18 pages of larger print for letter sized printing.

I figured I might as well share it here, knowing that at least MagickalMemories will get some use out of it



My hero!

(Exalted, BTW)

Thank you.


Eric

Black Fiend wrote: Okay all the ChapterHouse Nazis to the right!! All the GW apologists to the far left. LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE !!!
The Green Git wrote: I'd like to cross section them and see if they have TFG rings, but that's probably illegal.
Polonius wrote: You have to love when the most clearly biased person in the room is claiming to be objective.
Greebynog wrote:Us brits have a sense of fair play and propriety that you colonial savages can only dream of.
Stelek wrote: I know you're afraid. I want you to be. Because you should be. I've got the humiliation wagon all set up for you to take a ride back to suck city.
Quote: LunaHound--- Why do people hate unpainted models? I mean is it lacking the realism to what we fantasize the plastic soldier men to be?
I just can't stand it when people have fun the wrong way. - Chongara
I do believe that the GW "moneysheep" is a dying breed, despite their bleats to the contrary. - AesSedai
You are a thief and a predator of the wargaming community, and i'll be damned if anyone says differently ever again on my watch in these forums. -MajorTom11 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




Miles City, MT

This is great. I love it. My only minor complaint is the font is a little small, but I will fix that by printing on bigger paper.

Twinkle, Twinkle little star.
I ran over your Wave Serpents with my car. 
   
Made in us
Huge Hierodule





Louisiana

Thanks! I found one little thing in my first quick breeze-through:

One Eye Open isn't a Ld test (as the reference states). It's a simple dice roll - on a 1, it fails. any other result is a passing test.


Been out of the game for awhile, trying to find time to get back into it. 
   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut



Berlin

Awesome stuff, love it!
Thanks a bunch ...
   
Made in gb
Tunneling Trygon






Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland

Very minor, but two cases of "it's" when it should be "its".

General Shooting Phase Rules, Going to Ground - "At the end of it's following turn, it returns to normal"

Catastrophic Damage "Roll on this table immediately after a Super-heavy loses it's last Hull Point"

Sieg Zeon!

Selling TGG2! 
   
Made in gb
Dispassionate Imperial Judge






HATE Club, East London

New version! This includes some of the more detailed Special Rules for weapons and some clarifications, as well as some of the IA Special Rules.

I've spaced it over 8 pages now and there are gaps, so let me know if there are any more tables i can include!

   
Made in ie
Norn Queen






Dublin, Ireland

Cheers for the work on these, great stuff.

Dman137 wrote:
goobs is all you guys will ever be

By 1-irt: Still as long as Hissy keeps showing up this is one of the most entertaining threads ever.

"Feelin' goods, good enough". 
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut





Ottawa Ontario Canada

 ArbitorIan wrote:
New version! This includes some of the more detailed Special Rules for weapons and some clarifications, as well as some of the IA Special Rules.

I've spaced it over 8 pages now and there are gaps, so let me know if there are any more tables i can include!


You're the man

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2014/10/03 20:08:45


Do you play 30k? It'd be a lot cooler if you did.  
   
Made in us
Storm Trooper with Maglight







well done keep it up!

   
Made in nl
Loyal Necron Lychguard



Netherlands

Great work, let me give you an exalt!
   
Made in us
Androgynous Daemon Prince of Slaanesh





Norfolk, VA

Yippee! V3!

Thank you.
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut





Ottawa, Canada

Found one thing missing (not sure if it can even happen) and one minor spelling error.

On page 2 of the PDF under "Independent Characters (p166)"

-May not join units containing MCs
They also cannot join units containing vehicles. It's in the rule book but I have no idea if that is even possible in the current rules. Chariots maybe?

-ICs who leave units still suffer ongoing effects - ICs who joint units do not suddenly gain them.
I assume the "t" is not meant to be there.

Not being super critical, just noticed those two things. I really appreciate all the work you put into these and use them in almost every game.
   
Made in us
Gargantuan Gargant





New Bedford, MA USA

Exalted !!

Half my gaming group uses these instead of their rulebooks during games

   
Made in us
Perfect Shot Dark Angels Predator Pilot



NC, USA

Is this going to be updated for those of us with not so good eyesight? I know there was a version out there with larger text.


8000




 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: