Switch Theme:

A Skitarii Transport?  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Witch Hunter Undercover in a Cult







Skeptical of the hovercraft look, I would honestly rather have had treads. I don't think a hovercraft has enough moving parts to properly glorify the Omnissiah.

Victoria est autem vita.

Stories at https://knightofthegrey.wordpress.com/
Game-related musings at https://thescenicdetour.wordpress.com/
Both updated irregularly 
   
Made in us
Death-Dealing Devastator




Chicago, IL

Well I had this idea for an aquatic themed AdMech army for over a year now, I've just had too many project to work on it. Now they go and make this... guess I'm starting AdMech now.

To those that say there is no stupid questions I say, "Is this a stupid question?" 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




 AnomanderRake wrote:
Skeptical of the hovercraft look, I would honestly rather have had treads. I don't think a hovercraft has enough moving parts to properly glorify the Omnissiah.


I had expected it to have legs like most AdMech vehicles (treads being reserved for infantry, of course!) Still, I hope the design will grow on me.

I will look into magnetising it to allow the tank and transport builds. This may be impossible but worth a try.

Mark.
<edit> That ramp looks wide enough for a Kataphron to get down it, although you probably wouldn't be able to fit more than 1-2 in the transport area </edit>

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/12 07:04:30


 
   
Made in au
Dakka Veteran




Really like it, But hovercraft seems a bit dumb for them. Seems like it would be better themed as a grav of some kind. Even if low grav that skirts a few feet max above ground.

Then could be dropped from drop ships all space Normandy style :O
   
Made in ie
Regular Dakkanaut





Apple fox wrote:
Really like it, But hovercraft seems a bit dumb for them. Seems like it would be better themed as a grav of some kind. Even if low grav that skirts a few feet max above ground.

Then could be dropped from drop ships all space Normandy style :O


But.... it.... is.... grav? It just has a rounded bottom 'rail' rather than the big, clunky antigrav plates on the Godawful Marine stuff. I really like it.
   
Made in gb
Wise Ethereal with Bodyguard







I get the feeling that the Enginseers spend an awful lot of time replacing the little light fitting that appears to be installed at the front of the assault ramp.

I'm not a fan. Yes it's a hugely recognizable design and therefore something people can relate to, but I personally don't think it was a good choice for the army.

Please excuse any spelling errors. I use a tablet frequently and software keyboards are a pain!

Terranwing - w3;d1;l1
51st Dunedinw2;d0;l0
Cadre Coronal Afterglow w1;d0;l0 
   
Made in gb
Dark Angels Librarian with Book of Secrets





Cardiff

“Shall we use the efficient, excellent, widely-regarded transports we created for the Emperor’s lackeys and just paint them red?”

“No. Let us build a hovercraft.”

“Seems redundant... we’ve got this big facto...”

WE ARE MAKING HOVERCRAFT.”

“Ok.”

“With no roof.”

“What???”

 Stormonu wrote:
For me, the joy is in putting some good-looking models on the board and playing out a fantasy battle - not arguing over the poorly-made rules of some 3rd party who neither has any power over my play nor will be visiting me (and my opponent) to ensure we are "playing by the rules"
 
   
Made in gb
Fully-charged Electropriest




Looks great, I like it. Quite pleased that it's a dual kit and I hope that it's simple enough to magnetise. I think I'll be picking up two of these to start and possibly get more in the future. A list full of these transports, drills and Onagers will probably be pretty fun to play.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





It definitely looks unique (vs other 40k stuff) and likely better than an anti-grave plates transport would have looked.

I just don’t think it fits their steampunk vibe, though. I really like their 30k transports with the big exposed gears and tracks and am still waiting for a reason to buy one :(
   
Made in au
Dakka Veteran




Banville wrote:
Apple fox wrote:
Really like it, But hovercraft seems a bit dumb for them. Seems like it would be better themed as a grav of some kind. Even if low grav that skirts a few feet max above ground.

Then could be dropped from drop ships all space Normandy style :O


But.... it.... is.... grav? It just has a rounded bottom 'rail' rather than the big, clunky antigrav plates on the Godawful Marine stuff. I really like it.

Is it grav? If it’s grav I think it looks kinda worse down on the bottom. Hovercraft can be cool, if done well and have a good base for its reasoning. But it feels a little off here for me. It’s ok in the end, since I like most of it. But I still think it ends up looking kinda meh as a whole for it.
   
Made in us
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit




San Jose, CA

As long as we never forget that the Admech is bassakwards when it comes to technology and temper our expectations it'll be ok. For all we know a Tech-Priest found a blueprint of a hovercraft in the depths of Mars one day and 4000yrs later, proof Skorpius. We also dont know what the actual propulsion/hover tech being used.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





Upon closer inspection it does look like subtle anti-grav plates under the skirt.

It's growing on me a bit and I think there is some excellent kitbash potential there.
   
Made in ch
Potent Possessed Daemonvessel





The transport, yay i guess, maybee too WW2 esque? Still good.
The tank version got a severe case of wierd box. More on the Nay side there imo.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost.) 
   
Made in us
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit




San Jose, CA

Not Online!!! wrote:
The transport, yay i guess, maybee too WW2 esque? Still good.
The tank version got a severe case of wierd box. More on the Nay side there imo.


No more WWII than a Leman Russ. I like Admech stuff to look futuristic but always grounded with classic design cues. Anachronistic, stuff soo advanced that they have no idea how to replicate it but have figured out how to repair it.

I think this bodes well for the future of Admech(not just skitarii).

I agree with others about magnetization options and hope there is some basic interchangeability. The crew sculpts should add some variety to rangers and vanguard.
   
Made in nz
Snivelling Workbot




New Zealand

Looks cool to me, love the aesthetic.

I was planning to run a squad of 10 Fulgrite priests, but hated the idea of the drill.

I wonder what the forgeworld synergies will be. I was going to run Stygies VII for the deepstrike chance at getting my priests into combat but if this transport is tough enough I could deepstrike a a squad of dragoons, priests in transport and a squad of infiltrators to infiltrate, and you have a hell of a lot of melee awesomeness, and one of the best faction gunlines at the back.
The transport (At the right points cost) will make mono-faction admech really fun.



Building towards 1000pts
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Other than wishing it wasn't a hover tank I like the look of both. The transport is a nice throw back to the Higgens boat landing craft and isn't loaded up with a silly amount of guns. The tank version is nice and boxy like most IOM vehicles should be.

Actually on further inspection, I guess it isn't clear if it is a hover tank since it doesn't have a flying base and I can't seem to find a shot of the underside.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/13 03:31:06


 
   
Made in ch
Potent Possessed Daemonvessel





Racerguy180 wrote:
Not Online!!! wrote:
The transport, yay i guess, maybee too WW2 esque? Still good.
The tank version got a severe case of wierd box. More on the Nay side there imo.


No more WWII than a Leman Russ. I like Admech stuff to look futuristic but always grounded with classic design cues. Anachronistic, stuff soo advanced that they have no idea how to replicate it but have figured out how to repair it.

I think this bodes well for the future of Admech(not just skitarii).

I agree with others about magnetization options and hope there is some basic interchangeability. The crew sculpts should add some variety to rangers and vanguard.


Imo it would've needed that interwar look, with sponsons, then it would be perfect and fit the established line better, that or go full walker with it as many admech things are.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost.) 
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




Here is my thoughts, love the transport. So long as its priced reasonably ( in money and pts ) I'll get multiple.

The tank version unless it's easy to magnetize probably not. I'm just not sure what it's supposed to have that the Onager doesn't as far as anti tank goes, the onager also covers anti air and they don't really need much help for anti infantry and the transport already seems to have anti infantry on it.

I guess we'll see when the kit gets closer to drop what the options are. I'm cautiously happy, don't screw it up GW, please.
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

There was some talk from people at the event that the tank can be squadroned ala the Achilles Ridgerunner.
   
Made in ca
Ultramarine Land Raider Pilot on Cruise Control






 Kanluwen wrote:
There was some talk from people at the event that the tank can be squadroned ala the Achilles Ridgerunner.


If that's true that's good. Heavy support slot is pretty crowded. Unless it's a fast attack which would be a dream because then I can just run a brigade without splitting my striders
   
Made in us
Steadfast Grey Hunter




Somerdale, NJ, USA

If this has "Fly" I feel that there are some nice conversion possibilities on the way with the blimp dwarfs from AoS. =)

"The only problem with your genepool is that there wasn't a lifeguard on duty to prevent you from swimming."

"You either die a Morty, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Rick."

- 8k /// - 5k /// - 3k /// - 4k /// - 6k /// - 2k (take out the actual Genestealers, only 1.1k) 
   
Made in us
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit




San Jose, CA

 Lord Clinto wrote:
If this has "Fly" I feel that there are some nice conversion possibilities on the way with the blimp dwarfs from AoS. =)



O dont even get me started on that. That would be badass. Arkanaught frigate kitbash sounds dope. Damnit now I'm thinking even more about making a new 40k Squats army.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut






Obviously has a WWII landing craft vibe, but also getting hints of this bad-boy skimming over the red dunes:

Spoiler:


   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




Lord Clinto wrote:If this has "Fly" I feel that there are some nice conversion possibilities on the way with the blimp dwarfs from AoS. =)


It really, really doesn't look aesthetically like something that flies. It looks like several tons of metal brick barely held a few cm off the ground, regardless of whether by compressed air, grav technology or aether-flux.

xlDuke wrote:Looks great, I like it. Quite pleased that it's a dual kit and I hope that it's simple enough to magnetise. I think I'll be picking up two of these to start and possibly get more in the future. A list full of these transports, drills and Onagers will probably be pretty fun to play.


it looks like it will be a pain to magnetise (especially swapping out the ramp for the front bit of skirt), but I'm going to have a go...

Mark.
   
Made in de
Been Around the Block





It will probably have a pseudo fly for falling back and maybe units, but not terrain.

It really looks hard to magnetize as you even have to magnetize the extension of the side walls for the transport, but let us know how it goes.

Im also wondering how it will look like with stygies colors.
   
Made in be
Aspirant Tech-Adept





Belgium

I'm going to paint mine as Stygies, watch the showcase forum a few days after they're available

40K Mechanicus, Dark Angels, and Drukhari.

 Rolsheen wrote:
Ah yes the mythical world of Cyraxus
Where GW hold an annual bonfire festival to burn the hopes and dreams of all Ad Mech players
 
   
Made in ca
Implacable Skitarii




 Aaranis wrote:
I'm going to paint mine as Stygies, watch the showcase forum a few days after they're available


I'm personally going the lucius color scheme on my vehicles. I might also post mine up when its done. Can't wait to see how people paint/convert them.

Admech 4000
Drukhari 1250
Imperial knights 800

 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




I saw one that was an olive drab, and it was amazing.

Admech got a lot more interesting with this release.
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: