Switch Theme:

Orktober predictions  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in ch
Anointed Dark Priest of Chaos





 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
Mekboys (now called spanners, for some reason) aren't big meks though. Big Meks are a lot, well, bigger.


It still doesn't matter, you can't have a whole faction that is based upon insanity and individualism in their bulding ways and then curb the individuals that are responsible for this.....

except GW can.
feck

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost.) 
   
Made in de
Waaagh! Ork Warboss on Warbike





I blame this on Kirby though. Axing the one most sold HQ for orks so that people would have to shell out for the brand new MA Big Mek in order to get a KFF sounds exactly like something he would have done.

Drager wrote:
I'd heard there would be a clatter, then perhaps a hiss, but that's not what it's like. We'd all been told that these things lurked in vents and crevices, that they could sneak up on a man no matter how alert, but that just wasn't what happened. We saw them coming, well, we heard them first, an ear-splitting boom as they accelerated across the plain. They must have been 2 miles away when we heard the crack, but we barely had time to lift our weapons before they were on us and then... past us. Running faster than I could follow. They didn't attack, didn't even try and it was then, as the whole platoon stared after them that a dread crept through me and I turned to see that which they had been running from.

-Infantryman Collins, 5th Umbra Rifles
 
   
Made in us
Wicked Warp Spider





I could perhaps see some new model for Skarboyz and Ardboyz.
Yeah I know you can convert them well, especially the latter, but hear me out.
The presence of the kit could maybe push GW to redesign the Ardboyz from ground up. Imagine a unit with more or less the aesthetics of the Black Orks. 4+ save.
Now add some rule to make them work in smaller units, in order to throw a bone to those that want boyz in trukks.
"Shock Troopa", to assault after the vehicle moved or something. Pay less CP for da telly-porta. And/or better weapons. Probably still worthy to just use boyz, but at least you have another troop choice, you can use 1 unit (and buy the kit, GW!) for a casual game.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/08/14 15:52:29


"One must have chaos in oneself to give birth to such heresy" - Nietzsche 
   
Made in us
Dive-Bombin' Fighta-Bomba Pilot






 Jidmah wrote:
I blame this on Kirby though. Axing the one most sold HQ for orks so that people would have to shell out for the brand new MA Big Mek in order to get a KFF sounds exactly like something he would have done.


except we iz orks. I have my kff big meks and slapped a few left over battlewagon doors on the front and back of the model.. boom big mek in mega armor and kff.

10000 points 7000
6000
5000
5000
2000
 
   
Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator





on the forum. Obviously

 G00fySmiley wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
I blame this on Kirby though. Axing the one most sold HQ for orks so that people would have to shell out for the brand new MA Big Mek in order to get a KFF sounds exactly like something he would have done.


except we iz orks. I have my kff big meks and slapped a few left over battlewagon doors on the front and back of the model.. boom big mek in mega armor and kff.


That is a solution, but it is still a pity to cover up such a nice model.

What I have
~4100
~1660
: LM

Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

 
   
Made in de
Been Around the Block





That model is not really useful no matter how beautiful. Too slow to hangout on foot, limited use if embarqued. Surprise no one seems to take it competitively.
   
Made in de
Waaagh! Ork Warboss on Warbike





 G00fySmiley wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
I blame this on Kirby though. Axing the one most sold HQ for orks so that people would have to shell out for the brand new MA Big Mek in order to get a KFF sounds exactly like something he would have done.


except we iz orks. I have my kff big meks and slapped a few left over battlewagon doors on the front and back of the model.. boom big mek in mega armor and kff.


Obviously you could just say they have a close combat force field that provides them with a 2+ save if the index ever gets the axe, just like you could count a warboss on a bike as deffkilla wartrike. But it's simply not the same.

Drager wrote:
I'd heard there would be a clatter, then perhaps a hiss, but that's not what it's like. We'd all been told that these things lurked in vents and crevices, that they could sneak up on a man no matter how alert, but that just wasn't what happened. We saw them coming, well, we heard them first, an ear-splitting boom as they accelerated across the plain. They must have been 2 miles away when we heard the crack, but we barely had time to lift our weapons before they were on us and then... past us. Running faster than I could follow. They didn't attack, didn't even try and it was then, as the whole platoon stared after them that a dread crept through me and I turned to see that which they had been running from.

-Infantryman Collins, 5th Umbra Rifles
 
   
Made in ch
Anointed Dark Priest of Chaos





 Jidmah wrote:
 G00fySmiley wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
I blame this on Kirby though. Axing the one most sold HQ for orks so that people would have to shell out for the brand new MA Big Mek in order to get a KFF sounds exactly like something he would have done.


except we iz orks. I have my kff big meks and slapped a few left over battlewagon doors on the front and back of the model.. boom big mek in mega armor and kff.


Obviously you could just say they have a close combat force field that provides them with a 2+ save if the index ever gets the axe, just like you could count a warboss on a bike as deffkilla wartrike. But it's simply not the same.


It's also not orky.
If an ork boss wants a bike, he get's a bike, if he wants a Trike he get's a trike.
Same with a bigmek.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost.) 
   
Made in de
Been Around the Block





Using a warboss on bike as trike might be ok for friendly games. In a tournament it can be tricky. Size is muuuuch larger (even from the FW biker boss). Actually, the base is somehow wrong even for the official model as it looks better on a flyer base (smaller) rather than the provided.

Current iteration of the Ork codex completely overlooks HQs. None are worth mentioned from the looks or rules. Most people field weirdboys and SSAG meks.

Why a mek would have standarized and enforced weaponry is a design decision I will never ever understand.
   
Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator





on the forum. Obviously

Not Online!!! wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
 G00fySmiley wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
I blame this on Kirby though. Axing the one most sold HQ for orks so that people would have to shell out for the brand new MA Big Mek in order to get a KFF sounds exactly like something he would have done.


except we iz orks. I have my kff big meks and slapped a few left over battlewagon doors on the front and back of the model.. boom big mek in mega armor and kff.


Obviously you could just say they have a close combat force field that provides them with a 2+ save if the index ever gets the axe, just like you could count a warboss on a bike as deffkilla wartrike. But it's simply not the same.


It's also not orky.
If an ork boss wants a bike, he get's a bike, if he wants a Trike he get's a trike.
Same with a bigmek.


Likewise, if a Warboss wants Mega Armor he's going to have Mega Armor.
The fact that Nobs can take Mega Armor, but not the Warboss is just dumb on so many levels.

What I have
~4100
~1660
: LM

Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

 
   
Made in ch
Anointed Dark Priest of Chaos





 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
Not Online!!! wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
 G00fySmiley wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
I blame this on Kirby though. Axing the one most sold HQ for orks so that people would have to shell out for the brand new MA Big Mek in order to get a KFF sounds exactly like something he would have done.


except we iz orks. I have my kff big meks and slapped a few left over battlewagon doors on the front and back of the model.. boom big mek in mega armor and kff.


Obviously you could just say they have a close combat force field that provides them with a 2+ save if the index ever gets the axe, just like you could count a warboss on a bike as deffkilla wartrike. But it's simply not the same.


It's also not orky.
If an ork boss wants a bike, he get's a bike, if he wants a Trike he get's a trike.
Same with a bigmek.


Likewise, if a Warboss wants Mega Armor he's going to have Mega Armor.
The fact that Nobs can take Mega Armor, but not the Warboss is just dumb on so many levels.


I mean, it's like a CSM lord, or sorcerer,or DE archon.

It's, to put in in german: Blödsinn

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost.) 
   
Made in us
Dive-Bombin' Fighta-Bomba Pilot






Not Online!!! wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
 G00fySmiley wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
I blame this on Kirby though. Axing the one most sold HQ for orks so that people would have to shell out for the brand new MA Big Mek in order to get a KFF sounds exactly like something he would have done.


except we iz orks. I have my kff big meks and slapped a few left over battlewagon doors on the front and back of the model.. boom big mek in mega armor and kff.


Obviously you could just say they have a close combat force field that provides them with a 2+ save if the index ever gets the axe, just like you could count a warboss on a bike as deffkilla wartrike. But it's simply not the same.


It's also not orky.
If an ork boss wants a bike, he get's a bike, if he wants a Trike he get's a trike.
Same with a bigmek.


eh... my warboss on a "bike" has been on a trike (technically a wartraxx) sine 5th edition


10000 points 7000
6000
5000
5000
2000
 
   
Made in us
Mutilatin' Mad Dok




Douglasville, GA

I like it.
   
Made in us
Khorne Rhino Driver with Destroyer






Since we are wish-listing anyways I'm going add onto mine and say we get an FAQ either dropping the price of klaws to 9 like power fists or keep the current points cost and change their damage to 1+1d3 dmg.

2400+
1500+
1000
500 
   
Made in de
Been Around the Block





 DrGiggles wrote:
Since we are wish-listing anyways I'm going add onto mine and say we get an FAQ either dropping the price of klaws to 9 like power fists or keep the current points cost and change their damage to 1+1d3 dmg.


Point drop is possible. Profile change, no way. That damage would make killsaws redundant.
   
Made in us
Khorne Rhino Driver with Destroyer






Orkimedez_Atalaya wrote:
 DrGiggles wrote:
Since we are wish-listing anyways I'm going add onto mine and say we get an FAQ either dropping the price of klaws to 9 like power fists or keep the current points cost and change their damage to 1+1d3 dmg.


Point drop is possible. Profile change, no way. That damage would make killsaws redundant.


Killsaw would still get the +1 attack though, they would be similar but I think the killsaw would be better for going after elite troops/bikes and the klaw better for vehicles.

2400+
1500+
1000
500 
   
Made in us
Dive-Bombin' Fighta-Bomba Pilot






 DrGiggles wrote:
Orkimedez_Atalaya wrote:
 DrGiggles wrote:
Since we are wish-listing anyways I'm going add onto mine and say we get an FAQ either dropping the price of klaws to 9 like power fists or keep the current points cost and change their damage to 1+1d3 dmg.


Point drop is possible. Profile change, no way. That damage would make killsaws redundant.


Killsaw would still get the +1 attack though, they would be similar but I think the killsaw would be better for going after elite troops/bikes and the klaw better for vehicles.


maybe, but alternatively if killsaws are supposed to be the more reliable ones with less possible but more consistent damage lose the -1 to hit.

10000 points 7000
6000
5000
5000
2000
 
   
Made in us
Khorne Rhino Driver with Destroyer






 G00fySmiley wrote:
 DrGiggles wrote:
Orkimedez_Atalaya wrote:
 DrGiggles wrote:
Since we are wish-listing anyways I'm going add onto mine and say we get an FAQ either dropping the price of klaws to 9 like power fists or keep the current points cost and change their damage to 1+1d3 dmg.


Point drop is possible. Profile change, no way. That damage would make killsaws redundant.


Killsaw would still get the +1 attack though, they would be similar but I think the killsaw would be better for going after elite troops/bikes and the klaw better for vehicles.


maybe, but alternatively if killsaws are supposed to be the more reliable ones with less possible but more consistent damage lose the -1 to hit.


I'd have no complaints with that.

2400+
1500+
1000
500 
   
Made in us
Wicked Warp Spider





Orkimedez_Atalaya wrote:

Why a mek would have standarized and enforced weaponry is a design decision I will never ever understand.

The medical term is "Post-Chapterhouse Stress Disorder", or PCSD.

"One must have chaos in oneself to give birth to such heresy" - Nietzsche 
   
Made in de
Been Around the Block





 DrGiggles wrote:
Orkimedez_Atalaya wrote:
 DrGiggles wrote:
Since we are wish-listing anyways I'm going add onto mine and say we get an FAQ either dropping the price of klaws to 9 like power fists or keep the current points cost and change their damage to 1+1d3 dmg.


Point drop is possible. Profile change, no way. That damage would make killsaws redundant.


Killsaw would still get the +1 attack though, they would be similar but I think the killsaw would be better for going after elite troops/bikes and the klaw better for vehicles.


Killsaws only give +1A when in pairs, not the weapon itself.
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





Not Online!!! wrote:


eh... my warboss on a "bike" has been on a trike (technically a wartraxx) sine 5th edition



Snap. My ES Warboss on Trike uses the same platform ;-)
   
Made in ch
Anointed Dark Priest of Chaos





 Kaiyanwang wrote:
Orkimedez_Atalaya wrote:

Why a mek would have standarized and enforced weaponry is a design decision I will never ever understand.

The medical term is "Post-Chapterhouse Stress Disorder", or PCSD.

Truth.
also exalt



Automatically Appended Next Post:
Moriarty wrote:
Not Online!!! wrote:


eh... my warboss on a "bike" has been on a trike (technically a wartraxx) sine 5th edition



Snap. My ES Warboss on Trike uses the same platform ;-)


WHY U NO MAKE OPTION FOR TRAX GW?

ahh who am i kiding, after chapterhouse it ain't the same anymore.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/08/15 19:17:23


https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost.) 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





Naah, Mate - just have to roll with the 'Counts As'.

The latest 'Buggies' have become 'Gun Trukks' for me :-)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/08/15 19:43:18


 
   
Made in us
Ultramarine Land Raider Pilot on Cruise Control






Hey guys I was thinking about an ork army but I was curious. How customisable are the new vehicles? Without bits are they all gonna look the same? (same kits that is)
   
Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator





on the forum. Obviously

 fraser1191 wrote:
Hey guys I was thinking about an ork army but I was curious. How customisable are the new vehicles? Without bits are they all gonna look the same? (same kits that is)


Not very customizable. Which is a departure from how Orks used to be.

What I have
~4100
~1660
: LM

Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

 
   
Made in de
Been Around the Block





 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
 fraser1191 wrote:
Hey guys I was thinking about an ork army but I was curious. How customisable are the new vehicles? Without bits are they all gonna look the same? (same kits that is)


Not very customizable. Which is a departure from how Orks used to be.


"Not very" is an understatement. They are beautiful kits though.
   
Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator





on the forum. Obviously

Orkimedez_Atalaya wrote:
 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
 fraser1191 wrote:
Hey guys I was thinking about an ork army but I was curious. How customisable are the new vehicles? Without bits are they all gonna look the same? (same kits that is)


Not very customizable. Which is a departure from how Orks used to be.


"Not very" is an understatement. They are beautiful kits though.


Well, you can choose to put extra gasoline jerrycans on the Wartrike. So that counts I guess? Compared to 4th ed kits though, where you have so many spare parts its not even funny...yeah, a bit bland.

What I have
~4100
~1660
: LM

Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

 
   
Made in us
Ultramarine Land Raider Pilot on Cruise Control






 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
Orkimedez_Atalaya wrote:
 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
 fraser1191 wrote:
Hey guys I was thinking about an ork army but I was curious. How customisable are the new vehicles? Without bits are they all gonna look the same? (same kits that is)


Not very customizable. Which is a departure from how Orks used to be.


"Not very" is an understatement. They are beautiful kits though.


Well, you can choose to put extra gasoline jerrycans on the Wartrike. So that counts I guess? Compared to 4th ed kits though, where you have so many spare parts its not even funny...yeah, a bit bland.


Yeah I'm in love with the boomdakka snazzwagon but I'd rather not have the guy on the back in the exact same pose. Plus it looks amazing with the deathskulls paint job on the site.

I hope there's more really nice kits this October even just to look at, but psychic Awakening is in "autumn" so that might overtake it unfortunately
   
Made in de
Waaagh! Ork Warboss on Warbike





Boomdakka Snazzwagon allows zero posing and has no extra bits, which seems to be true for all new buggies. You can probably customize it just fine with bits from other kits though.
I guess that's why their kits are relatively cheap, as you get only one tightly packed sprue.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/08/17 18:46:20


Drager wrote:
I'd heard there would be a clatter, then perhaps a hiss, but that's not what it's like. We'd all been told that these things lurked in vents and crevices, that they could sneak up on a man no matter how alert, but that just wasn't what happened. We saw them coming, well, we heard them first, an ear-splitting boom as they accelerated across the plain. They must have been 2 miles away when we heard the crack, but we barely had time to lift our weapons before they were on us and then... past us. Running faster than I could follow. They didn't attack, didn't even try and it was then, as the whole platoon stared after them that a dread crept through me and I turned to see that which they had been running from.

-Infantryman Collins, 5th Umbra Rifles
 
   
Made in de
Been Around the Block





Currently I only own a megatrakk Scrapjet and there are 0 bits left after assembly. None. Nada.

Endless spells in 40k may bring a new weirdboy mini though. A new multi kit for the big mek and MAN warboss would be much welcome.
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: