Switch Theme:

40K Beast Snaggas  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon





UK

As a guess for the stats it is likley to be standard orky stat line.

M 10", WS 4+, BS 5+, S 4, T 5, W 4, A 4, Ld 7, Sv 6+

Could be better than that tbh. Conservative estimate.

Maybe faster???

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/04/09 11:41:22


   
Made in nl
Annoyed Blood Angel Devastator




netherlands

al the other factions that charge the enemy headlong have (power)armour and carry guns even the khorn beserkers and the deathcompagny to.
DKK are forge world and dont count , even the gaurd lost them

full compagny of bloodangels,
5000 pnt imperial guard
5000 pnt orks
2500 pnt grey knights
5000 pnt gsc 
   
Made in it
Gargantuan Gargant




Italy

Godawful, both the concept and the sculpt. Easy pass for me.

Orks 7000
Space Wolves 4000
 
   
Made in gb
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon





UK

Think these are the only good cavalry currently, all daemons.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Daemons-Of-Khorne-Bloodcrushers

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Seekers-of-Slaanesh

Ignoring these as not CC cavalry, but are also pretty good.
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Adeptus-Mechanicus-Serberys-Sulphurhounds--2020

IG used to have cavalry but now don't, maybe they will get there's back too at some point.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/09 13:29:10


   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




 skeleton wrote:
al the other factions that charge the enemy headlong have (power)armour and carry guns even the khorn beserkers and the deathcompagny to.
DKK are forge world and dont count , even the gaurd lost them


Nids and daemons don't.

Honestly quite surprised by a lot of peoples reaction to these. Seems they thought 40k was a hard sci-fi setting for some reason.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/09 12:42:23


 
   
Made in ca
Stormin' Stompa






 ceorron wrote:
Think these are the only good cavalry currently, all daemons.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Daemons-Of-Khorne-Bloodcrushers

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Seekers-of-Slaanesh

Ignoring these as not CC cavalry, but are also pretty good.
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Adeptus-Mechanicus-Serberys-Sulphurhounds--2020

IG used to have cavalry but now don't, maybe they will get there's back too at some point.


I'm surprised you forgot about TWC? I think they're one of the few things helping keep SW relatively competitive compared to their other SM peers.
   
Made in gb
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon





UK

 Grimskul wrote:
 ceorron wrote:
Think these are the only good cavalry currently, all daemons.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Daemons-Of-Khorne-Bloodcrushers

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Seekers-of-Slaanesh

Ignoring these as not CC cavalry, but are also pretty good.
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Adeptus-Mechanicus-Serberys-Sulphurhounds--2020

IG used to have cavalry but now don't, maybe they will get there's back too at some point.


I'm surprised you forgot about TWC? I think they're one of the few things helping keep SW relatively competitive compared to their other SM peers.


Oh yeah thanks Grimskul, they will be updated to primaris in time though.

   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




JSG wrote:
 skeleton wrote:
al the other factions that charge the enemy headlong have (power)armour and carry guns even the khorn beserkers and the deathcompagny to.
DKK are forge world and dont count , even the gaurd lost them


Nids and daemons don't.

Honestly quite surprised by a lot of peoples reaction to these. Seems they thought 40k was a hard sci-fi setting for some reason.

Soft Sci-Fi doesn't mean the models need to be designed using only the smear brush option
   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps







Hmmm, I like the squigs more than boars for 40k, but the ork rider just looks dull.
   
Made in fi
Ye Lord of The End Times (and a good guy)





 skeleton wrote:
al the other factions that charge the enemy headlong have (power)armour and carry guns even the khorn beserkers and the deathcompagny to.
DKK are forge world and dont count , even the gaurd lost them


Orks, tyranids. Flayed ones ain't touting power armour(or 3+). Eldar have non-3+. Dark eldar. Daemons. Maybe others.

You were saying?

Funny how people make silly claims easily disproven. People enjoy being publicly horribly wrong?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/13 03:30:20


2021 painted/bought: 497/417 
   
Made in gb
Servoarm Flailing Magos




United Kingdom

What Do You Mean, Not All Beast Snaggas Ride Squigs?

Spoiler:


WarCom wrote:Now, I’z been ‘earin that some of you boyz ‘av been getting yer teef kicked in by them big Beast Snagga gitz. Oi! I don’t care ‘ow much of a laff that is, I wanna know wot makes them boyz so tuff. Get the ‘oomies back on da case, dey figgered out da squighog stuff in dis reg’lar feature last time, right? Wot’s a reggiler feature anyway? Zog it, you ladz make my ‘ed ‘urt…

The Beast Snaggas might be well known for riding into battle on the backs of various squig species, but some delight in bringing their targets down on their own two feet. Banding together into large mobs of Beast Snagga Boyz, these ferocious fighters can often be found crashing into the monsters brought down by their stikka-lobbing comrades and hacking their tough hides to pieces.

A (relatively short) lifetime of hunting huge, dangerous beasts has made these Orks particularly large and strong in comparison with regular Boyz. While they’re not quite as durable as a Nob, they can certainly swing their choppas just as hard, which makes them especially prone to lording it over the Boyz they charge alongside.

Although the Beast Snaggas’ adherence to the old ways of Orky culture makes them an ideal fit for the equally traditionalist Snakebites, they can be found across almost every clan. While other greenskins might see them as a bit weird, no one will turn down a few extra bodies in a fight, and it can be a good laugh seeing the Beast Snagga Boyz trying to harpoon giant tanks.

As if they weren’t tough enough already, the frequent and plentiful injuries that come as part of any career in squig-wrangling* mean frequent trips to the Dok, and by necessity Beast Snagga Doks are some of the most ‘creative’ around. Thankfully, we haven’t had a reason to catch a look at one up close just yet, but surely they can’t be any worse than Ghazghkull’s personal sawbones…

Are you looking to start up your own Waaagh! in preparation for the Beast Snaggas’ arrival? Begin your green tide today with the Start Collecting! Orks set, then fill it out with whatever you fancy, be it more Boyz, a Boss Mob, or even a hulking Gorkanaut. We’ll be back in two weeks with another bit of reconnaissance.

* When even your breakfast is squig-based, it’s a given that you’re going to get bitten one of these days.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/04/19 15:10:36


 
   
Made in us
Rogue Grot Kannon Gunna





Atlanta, GA

The head on this guy certainly looks more "ork" than the ones on the Squighog riders.

I think I like him, though it doesn't appear as if there's much poseability to the mini. Guessing we'll get these in boxes of 5 or 10 individual sculpts. Knowing GW, it'll be 5 for $55.

I wonder how they'll handle the granularity of "tougher than boyz but not as tough as nobz"?.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






 Mr. Grey wrote:
The head on this guy certainly looks more "ork" than the ones on the Squighog riders.

I think I like him, though it doesn't appear as if there's much poseability to the mini. Guessing we'll get these in boxes of 5 or 10 individual sculpts. Knowing GW, it'll be 5 for $55.

I wonder how they'll handle the granularity of "tougher than boyz but not as tough as nobz"?.


S5 T4 keep them at 1 wound probably

"While they’re not quite as durable as a Nob, they can certainly swing their choppas just as hard, which makes them especially prone to lording it over the Boyz they charge alongside."

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/04/19 15:25:31


 
   
Made in us
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard





So… they’re basically Skarboyz but with regular Ork armour (i.e. tissue paper and wishes)?
That’s fine.

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






 Mr_Rose wrote:
So… they’re basically Skarboyz but with regular Ork armour (i.e. tissue paper and wishes)?
That’s fine.


They may just be Skarboyz, to differentiate them from normal boyz and remove that strategem. We also know they have some shoulder mounted big shootas too, so could be a soft replacement for the current boyz box if they give shootas as an option.
   
Made in gb
Tunneling Trygon






 MajorWesJanson wrote:
 Mr. Grey wrote:

I wonder how they'll handle the granularity of "tougher than boyz but not as tough as nobz"?.


S5 T4 keep them at 1 wound probably


Crazy thought - Nobz get the overhaul treatment to T5 W2, these guys are T4 W2.

Dakka lives happily ever after* as Primaris Orks are now real

*lol
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut





 skeleton wrote:
al the other factions that charge the enemy headlong have (power)armour and carry guns even the khorn beserkers and the deathcompagny to.
DKK are forge world and dont count , even the gaurd lost them



You were saying?
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




So they're 40k ironjawz (except armor)
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







Infantry Boy is pretty okay.

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in fi
Courageous Space Marine Captain






If these new Beast Snagga boys are troops I will seriously consider building a small Ork army.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. 
   
Made in fi
Regular Dakkanaut



Vihti, Finland

 Crimson wrote:
If these new Beast Snagga boys are troops I will seriously consider building a small Ork army.


Well those are armed like regular Boyz, look like one and act like one then it is naturally a Troop choice.

But I am more interested if these guys actually use "guns".
   
Made in us
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard





Sotahullu wrote:
 Crimson wrote:
If these new Beast Snagga boys are troops I will seriously consider building a small Ork army.


Well those are armed like regular Boyz, look like one and act like one then it is naturally a Troop choice.

But I am more interested if these guys actually use "guns".

So… what exactly is it you think that boy is holding in his non-choppa hand?

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord





In My Lab

 Mr_Rose wrote:
Sotahullu wrote:
 Crimson wrote:
If these new Beast Snagga boys are troops I will seriously consider building a small Ork army.


Well those are armed like regular Boyz, look like one and act like one then it is naturally a Troop choice.

But I am more interested if these guys actually use "guns".

So… what exactly is it you think that boy is holding in his non-choppa hand?
A club designed to explode on impact, of course!

Clocks for the clockmaker! Cogs for the cog throne! 
   
Made in fi
Regular Dakkanaut



Vihti, Finland

 JNAProductions wrote:
 Mr_Rose wrote:
Sotahullu wrote:
 Crimson wrote:
If these new Beast Snagga boys are troops I will seriously consider building a small Ork army.


Well those are armed like regular Boyz, look like one and act like one then it is naturally a Troop choice.

But I am more interested if these guys actually use "guns".

So… what exactly is it you think that boy is holding in his non-choppa hand?
A club designed to explode on impact, of course!


Well I meant shoota of course. Slugga is just cube shaped club that sometimes shoots.


But really, just looking at it I just get the feeling that it was originally a resculpt.
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

Noticed this reply from GW on the Facebook post of the new Beast Snagga...

Warhammer 40,000 wrote:More intel coming in 2 weeks, Philip - stay tuned!

So maybe a another preview show come May 8th?

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
Mekboy Hammerin' Somethin'




Cary, NC

 Ghaz wrote:
Noticed this reply from GW on the Facebook post of the new Beast Snagga...

Warhammer 40,000 wrote:More intel coming in 2 weeks, Philip - stay tuned!

So maybe a another preview show come May 8th?


At the current rate, they'll put up four boxes for sale in 2 weeks, then tell you they aren't planning on making any more Beast Snaggas.

 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 Ghaz wrote:
Noticed this reply from GW on the Facebook post of the new Beast Snagga...

Warhammer 40,000 wrote:More intel coming in 2 weeks, Philip - stay tuned!

So maybe a another preview show come May 8th?

First preview article was April 5th; they're just doing two week intervals it seems.
   
Made in nl
Secret Inquisitorial Eldar Xenexecutor






your mind

 Blackie wrote:
Godawful, both the concept and the sculpt. Easy pass for me.


New orks are meh at best. I wanted to like the new IP buggies but too IP mono for my taste. Now these not boar boys boar boys... just more GW money grabber bad faith in action.

GW money grabbers, 2 wounds 2++ with invisibility. No wonder they got rid of templates.

   
Made in gb
Executing Exarch






I wonder what the difference wil be between the snagags and bikers.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/772746.page#10378083 - My progress/failblog painting blog thingy

Eldar- 4436 pts


AngryAngel80 wrote:
I don't know, when I see awesome rules, I'm like " Baby, your rules looking so fine. Maybe I gotta add you to my first strike battalion eh ? "


 Eonfuzz wrote:


I would much rather everyone have a half ass than no ass.


"A warrior does not seek fame and honour. They come to him as he humbly follows his path"  
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





My guess would be they're built more around melee than shooting (the plain warbikers are much better at shooting than melee, though they're still rubbish at both for their points). Probably will have a normal-ish "biker" statline, but with abilities triggering on the charge.

I suppose the real question will be how they compare to nob bikers, especially in melee weapons.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: