Switch Theme:

Codex Deamons on the way! (Full leaks in OP)  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




The changes to flamers and screamers sound promising for a mono-Tzeentch army list.
   
Made in gb
Pulsating Possessed Space Marine of Slaanesh





Oh we are getting leaks awesome, that slaanesh stratagem that gives -1 attack seems useful, does it say to a minimum of 1 and how does it work vs say chain sword bonus attacks ?
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





 skullking wrote:
I’m really hoping we see a character greater demon for Slaanesh in the codex. I always thought that was the crappiest thing that they didn’t get one when they became their own army between 4th/5th ed. Zarakynell (the forgeworld one) is great, but I’m hoping, like the GUO, a KoS plastic kit supports a special character, and a couple of basic alt builds.

Also, I REALLY hope a new kit has a bovine head option. The2nd ed model’s gazelleish head was kind of weird (and not in a good Slaaneshy way). But the old RoC figure with the SIX different cow heads, is one of my favorite GW figures of all time! It’s actually the first GW figure I ever bought, back in like 1990. Once eBay was in full swing, I tracked down all six variants, and now they’re used as my fiends (as they’re too small to be KoS (though legally they could be!!!!


If there was going to be new GUO model we would have heard of it by now so no there won't be.

This release is all about nurgle. No new khorne models, no new tzeentch models, no new slaanesh models.

https://middleagedstrategybattlegamers.home.blog/2019/09/12/tneva82-minas-tirith-vs-isengard/ <- lotr painting blog

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in sg
Been Around the Block




Daemons are still 5++.

Beast of Nurgle are 5 Wounds now , and if you try to Fall Back from them (1"), on a 4+, you do a MW.

Afaik, god specific traits are the same.
   
Made in gb
Pulsating Possessed Space Marine of Slaanesh





xxhikaru123 wrote:
Daemons are still 5++.

Beast of Nurgle are 5 Wounds now , and if you try to Fall Back from them (1"), on a 4+, you do a MW.

Afaik, god specific traits are the same.
Would you be willing to share some relics for us ?
   
Made in sg
Been Around the Block




 Rydria wrote:
Oh we are getting leaks awesome, that slaanesh stratagem that gives -1 attack seems useful, does it say to a minimum of 1 and how does it work vs say chain sword bonus attacks ?


To a minimum of 1.
   
Made in us
Warp-Screaming Noise Marine





Gurnee, IL

tneva82 wrote:
 skullking wrote:
I’m really hoping we see a character greater demon for Slaanesh in the codex. I always thought that was the crappiest thing that they didn’t get one when they became their own army between 4th/5th ed. Zarakynell (the forgeworld one) is great, but I’m hoping, like the GUO, a KoS plastic kit supports a special character, and a couple of basic alt builds.

Also, I REALLY hope a new kit has a bovine head option. The2nd ed model’s gazelleish head was kind of weird (and not in a good Slaaneshy way). But the old RoC figure with the SIX different cow heads, is one of my favorite GW figures of all time! It’s actually the first GW figure I ever bought, back in like 1990. Once eBay was in full swing, I tracked down all six variants, and now they’re used as my fiends (as they’re too small to be KoS (though legally they could be!!!!


If there was going to be new GUO model we would have heard of it by now so no there won't be.

This release is all about nurgle. No new khorne models, no new tzeentch models, no new slaanesh models.


Well not only is Tzeentch all plastic now they've already been expanded on, outside of perhaps some new character heralds. Khorne is nearly complete lacking only Flesh Hounds, and perhaps character heralds. Nurgle's getting all plastic and bonus characters now due to there joint AOS release. Slaanesh will be similar coinciding with their return on AOS, or alongside an Emperor's children release.

"Fear the cute ones." 
   
Made in us
Depraved Slaanesh Chaos Lord




Inside Yvraine

Thanks my dude, you are a scholar and a gentleman.

I believe the ability that Slaanesh Seekers had (run+charge) got transferred to Slaanesh heralds. If thats the case, what special rules do Seekers have now?

Also, do Daemonette/Seeker claws still have the same profile? S:U AP1 AP4 on a wound roll of 6+

Edit- As an aside. Assuming power level stays the same, you can plop 30 bloodletters 9'' away from an enemy unit on turn 1 for 1cp. That's pretty baller.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/02 04:10:13


 
   
Made in sg
Been Around the Block




 Rydria wrote:
xxhikaru123 wrote:
Daemons are still 5++.

Beast of Nurgle are 5 Wounds now , and if you try to Fall Back from them (1"), on a 4+, you do a MW.

Afaik, god specific traits are the same.
Would you be willing to share some relics for us ?


Hmm. I don't think I am permitted to list all, There are usual junk ones but i will point out a few interesting ones.

Khorne: (Mons only) - 4++ Deny 1 power in each enemy psychic phase.
Khorne: 1 model. Each time you make wound roll of 6+ fr friendly khorne daemon unit within 6" of bearer, can make another free attack.

Tz: 1 additional TZ power
Tz: +1 to smite cast

Nurgle: everytime bearer kills a model in fight phase while within 7' of a plaguebearer unit , on a 4+, add a PB to that unit.
Slaanesh: 1x per game, start of phase, select enemy char within 12" roll 3d6, if exceed enemy char ld, it cannot do anything, and its abilities dont affect anything.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Connecticut

Any psychic powers info?

Blood Angels, Custodes, Tzeentch, Alpha Legion, Astra Militarum, Deathwatch, Thousand Sons, Imperial Knights, Tau, Genestealer Cult.

I have a problem.

Being contrary for the sake of being contrary doesn't make you unique, it makes you annoying.

 Purifier wrote:
Using your rules isn't being a dick.
 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




Is anyone else on this thread mashing f5?
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Unmaker, Scion of Tzeentch





Southern New Hampshire

+++REDACTED BY THE INQUISITION+++

On topic, I'm digging the alleged changes to Screamers and Flamers. Screamers will actually be useful in combat, now, and people can't hover just out of Flamer range before charging them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/02 05:53:03


"There are no problems that cannot be solved with cannons." - Chief Engineer Boris Krauss of Nuln

AoS - Fires of Change : "The Everchosen stole my destiny. Soon, I shall return the favor." The Unmaker, Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch

Thousand Sons
Renegade Astartes The Scourged
Daemons

DR:80S++G++M--B+IPwhfb01#+D+++A+++/fWD268R++T(D)DM+++
 
   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps




 Manfred von Drakken wrote:
tneva82 wrote:


If there was going to be new GUO model we would have heard of it by now so no there won't be.


I love how you can tell who hasn't been paying attention...

Yes, indeed. From the context (what is quoted as well as the next line), you can tell tneva means Keeper of Secrets and just typed the wrong acronym.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/02 05:29:25


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





Thanks for the info.

Does Horticulous Slimux buff Beasts in any way?
   
Made in us
Blood-Raging Khorne Berserker





Did any Khornate units get cheaper? Any unexpected new characters for any of the gods?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/02 05:45:53


 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





Thanks so much!

Here is my biggest burning question: does the wording of particular stratagems, anything at the start of the stratagem section, prevent you from using the stratagems on Daemon units that are from other codexes (i.e., they are keyword daemon but not keyword faction daemon)? I would assume no, and I would assume that you can use stratagems on Obliterators or Mortarion and so on so long as you have a chaos daemons detachment for using the stratagems.

   
Made in us
[DCM]
Unmaker, Scion of Tzeentch





Southern New Hampshire

Voss wrote:
 Manfred von Drakken wrote:
tneva82 wrote:


If there was going to be new GUO model we would have heard of it by now so no there won't be.


I love how you can tell who hasn't been paying attention...

Yes, indeed. From the context (what is quoted as well as the next line), you can tell tneva means Keeper of Secrets and just typed the wrong acronym.


Fair enough. Redacted.

"There are no problems that cannot be solved with cannons." - Chief Engineer Boris Krauss of Nuln

AoS - Fires of Change : "The Everchosen stole my destiny. Soon, I shall return the favor." The Unmaker, Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch

Thousand Sons
Renegade Astartes The Scourged
Daemons

DR:80S++G++M--B+IPwhfb01#+D+++A+++/fWD268R++T(D)DM+++
 
   
Made in us
Warp-Screaming Noise Marine





Gurnee, IL

Any word on the change to Slaanesh Seekers? Any changes to the Slaaneshi Chariots?

"Fear the cute ones." 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




tneva82 wrote:
 skullking wrote:
I’m really hoping we see a character greater demon for Slaanesh in the codex. I always thought that was the crappiest thing that they didn’t get one when they became their own army between 4th/5th ed. Zarakynell (the forgeworld one) is great, but I’m hoping, like the GUO, a KoS plastic kit supports a special character, and a couple of basic alt builds.

Also, I REALLY hope a new kit has a bovine head option. The2nd ed model’s gazelleish head was kind of weird (and not in a good Slaaneshy way). But the old RoC figure with the SIX different cow heads, is one of my favorite GW figures of all time! It’s actually the first GW figure I ever bought, back in like 1990. Once eBay was in full swing, I tracked down all six variants, and now they’re used as my fiends (as they’re too small to be KoS (though legally they could be!!!!


If there was going to be new GUO model we would have heard of it by now so no there won't be.

This release is all about nurgle. No new khorne models, no new tzeentch models, no new slaanesh models.


End of the year for new KoS, assuming that's what you meant.
   
Made in lt
Mysterious Techpriest






TBH, people post whole page scans and nothing bad happens to them. Just throw the whole points page on imgur o something

I want to know:
have Bloodthirsters/Lord Of Change/Screamers been dropped in pts significantly?
Notable Psychic powers?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/02 06:28:27


Mathammer(primarily Chaos Daemons, Adeptus Mechanicus, Necrons and Orks) https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mhwa-d77ztppXP9ZUQxur9HewqDTFZ6k
12k pts Daemons
5k pts Orks
5k pts AdMech
3k pts Necrons  
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




Thebiggesthat wrote:

End of the year for new KoS, assuming that's what you meant.

I'd love to believe this, but, uhh, do you have anything that supports this claim?


Also--
While everyone's inundating xxhikaru123 with requests for info about the new codex, could I trouble to ask if there was any change to the Keeper of Secrets or Fiends of Slaanesh?
And thank you for all the info so far, too.
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Thebiggesthat wrote:
tneva82 wrote:
 skullking wrote:
I’m really hoping we see a character greater demon for Slaanesh in the codex. I always thought that was the crappiest thing that they didn’t get one when they became their own army between 4th/5th ed. Zarakynell (the forgeworld one) is great, but I’m hoping, like the GUO, a KoS plastic kit supports a special character, and a couple of basic alt builds.

Also, I REALLY hope a new kit has a bovine head option. The2nd ed model’s gazelleish head was kind of weird (and not in a good Slaaneshy way). But the old RoC figure with the SIX different cow heads, is one of my favorite GW figures of all time! It’s actually the first GW figure I ever bought, back in like 1990. Once eBay was in full swing, I tracked down all six variants, and now they’re used as my fiends (as they’re too small to be KoS (though legally they could be!!!!


If there was going to be new GUO model we would have heard of it by now so no there won't be.

This release is all about nurgle. No new khorne models, no new tzeentch models, no new slaanesh models.


End of the year for new KoS, assuming that's what you meant.


Yeah I blame it on 5 hour sleeps. KOS, not GUO. To get rules for character greater daemon of slaanesh there would need to be model for it to be released none which are rumoured to be coming. And highly unlikely GW would release now 2 greater daemons at the same time(well 3 actually. GUO, KOS special character and unless GW goes nuts they don't release special character KOS without regular KOS as well)

though when new KOS comes is another thing. Could be this year, could be 2019, could be 2020, could be later.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/02 07:11:53


https://middleagedstrategybattlegamers.home.blog/2019/09/12/tneva82-minas-tirith-vs-isengard/ <- lotr painting blog

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in sg
Been Around the Block




 rvd1ofakind wrote:
TBH, people post whole page scans and nothing bad happens to them. Just throw the whole points page on imgur o something

I want to know:
have Bloodthirsters/Lord Of Change/Screamers been dropped in pts significantly?
Notable Psychic powers?


Bloodthirsters no change to pt, but they had some abilities addition I mentioned earlier.

LOC/Kairos drop 20-35.

Only naming the newer 3 powers for each.
Tz:
WC6. Reroll a single dice roll later during ur turn.
WC5. Pick friendly tz daemon unit within 18". Until next psychic phase, +1 to wound roll.
WC8. nearest enemy model wihtin 12, that model's unit and every other unit (friend or foe) within 3' of that model , suffers d3 MW. Suffer D6 MW, if power manifested with more than psychic roll of 12+.

Nurgle:
Wc7. Roll D6 for every unit (excluding nurgle) within 7" of caster. 4+ D3 MW.
WC6. Pick enemy unit visible within 18". -1 Toughness.
WC6 Miasma of Pestilence same as DG contagion but targets Nurgle Daemon.

Slaanesh:
WC5. Select friendly slaanhesh daemon within 18". 6+++ FnP
WC6. select enemy unit within 18 visible. Roll d6 for every model in that enemy unit. on a 6, 1 mw.
WC6. All enenmy unit -1 ld within 12 inch of psyker.
   
Made in es
Longtime Dakkanaut





What about the new (3) nurgle heralds and great unclean?
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




I don't think I would really ever take that WC5 slaanesh spell maybe on a herald.
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut





Sad to see no point drops on Bloodthirsters


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Any changes to Skarbrand?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/02 07:33:28


 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




Maybe they'll all get some new abilities? insanate rage gets 12 attacks if it uses the other weapon.

Oh did the wound tracks change on any of the greater demons?
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut





nagash42 wrote:
Maybe they'll all get some new abilities? insanate rage gets 12 attacks if it uses the other weapon.

Oh did the wound tracks change on any of the greater demons?


Was really hoping for increased movement or survivability. Increased damage outlut is a something.

Does the 3d6 charge strategum work on the Bloodthirsters?
   
Made in ca
Grumpy Longbeard





Canada

anticitizen013 wrote:Kinda bummed about the erm... change to the Changeling. Inv saves to Horrors makes sense though.

Having multiple saves in one unit is awful and slows the game though.


Resurrectionists
Nightstalkers
Dwarfs  
   
Made in es
Longtime Dakkanaut





xxhikaru123 wrote:


Bloodthirsters no change to pt, but they had some abilities addition I mentioned earlier.


Thanks a lot for the information!!

Can you tell us something about the new units?

Some way to make mortal wounds with nurgle?

Thanks again
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: