Switch Theme:

Horus Heresy - Burning of Prospero (GW) - SoS 30k rules in upcoming Dec WD  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Fixture of Dakka






 Thargrim wrote:
My copy still hasn't showed up yet, i'm getting annoyed cause I wanted to get this well on its way being put together before blood bowl. I definitely learned something though, its probably best to spend the extra few bucks and just get it direct from GW for pickup instead of trusting an ebay seller to ship anything on time. Granted I did save 20 bucks, but i'm not sure a week of twiddling my thumbs was worth it this time around.

So when blood bowl comes out, no more monkey business i'm just gonna make the 40 minute drive and get it in person and open it in store to make sure it isn't screwed up.


Same here. Pre-ordered as soon as I could from War Store and I haven't even got a dispatch notice yet.

"The Omnissiah is my Moderati" 
   
Made in us
Servoarm Flailing Magos





Alaska

 Thargrim wrote:
My copy still hasn't showed up yet, i'm getting annoyed cause I wanted to get this well on its way being put together before blood bowl. I definitely learned something though, its probably best to spend the extra few bucks and just get it direct from GW for pickup instead of trusting an ebay seller to ship anything on time. Granted I did save 20 bucks, but i'm not sure a week of twiddling my thumbs was worth it this time around.

So when blood bowl comes out, no more monkey business i'm just gonna make the 40 minute drive and get it in person and open it in store to make sure it isn't screwed up.


I definitely recommend using your FLGS to preorder things, as they usually can get it to you right on release day. In my case, my store stays open until midnight on Friday nights, which means that they can release my preorder to me before they go home that night if I am willing to wait there for it

http://www.teun135miniaturewargaming.blogspot.com/ https://www.instagram.com/teun135/
Foxphoenix135: Successful Trades: 21
With: romulus571, hisdudeness, Old Man Ultramarine, JHall, carldooley, Kav122, chriachris, gmpoto, Jhall, Nurglitch, steamdragon, DispatchDave, Gavin Thorne, Shenra, RustyKnight, rodt777, DeathReaper, LittleCizur, fett14622, syypher, Maxstreel 
   
Made in se
Longtime Dakkanaut






Support your FLGS guys. Let that be the lesson for us all :p

   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka






 Zywus wrote:
Support your FLGS guys. Let that be the lesson for us all :p


Assuming you have one, which many of us do not.

"The Omnissiah is my Moderati" 
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User





Mrk III marines in plastic! Take my money now!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2016/11/05 20:52:50


 
   
Made in us
Servoarm Flailing Magos





Alaska

 Nostromodamus wrote:
 Zywus wrote:
Support your FLGS guys. Let that be the lesson for us all :p


Assuming you have one, which many of us do not.


I'm in Alaska and I have one, but then again I live in a (relatively) populated area of the state. Still, might be worth an hour or two drive, rather than letting your preorders be at the mercy of the *shudders*.... postal service.

http://www.teun135miniaturewargaming.blogspot.com/ https://www.instagram.com/teun135/
Foxphoenix135: Successful Trades: 21
With: romulus571, hisdudeness, Old Man Ultramarine, JHall, carldooley, Kav122, chriachris, gmpoto, Jhall, Nurglitch, steamdragon, DispatchDave, Gavin Thorne, Shenra, RustyKnight, rodt777, DeathReaper, LittleCizur, fett14622, syypher, Maxstreel 
   
Made in se
Longtime Dakkanaut






 Nostromodamus wrote:
 Zywus wrote:
Support your FLGS guys. Let that be the lesson for us all :p


Assuming you have one

Yes, obviously

   
Made in au
Snord





 Thargrim wrote:
Granted I did save 20 bucks, but i'm not sure a week of twiddling my thumbs was worth it this time around.

So when blood bowl comes out, no more monkey business i'm just gonna make the 40 minute drive and get it in person and open it in store to make sure it isn't screwed up.


It all depends on savings v time doesnt it? I have been thinking of ordering through an online seller which would cost around $160 vs GW price of $265 so the savings can be considerable at the expense of a longer wait
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






SoCal, USA!

I thought all of the online sellers were banned from shipping any GW product to the southern hemisphere, upon penalty of death. Has GW relaxed their stance on that?

   
Made in ch
Warning From Magnus? Not Listening!





Holy Terra.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the co-owner of my FLGS memtioned to me that the squad repackaging (unlike with BaC) will happen much earlier, so as to maximize market sales. When BaCs models were repackaged, most people who wanted them had already purchased the boxed set (or mutiple box sets) and moved on to something else. Also, according to him HH book 7 should be released some time before Christmas, but they plan to release Magnus (like with Russ) before then. There *might* also be 10-man psyker squads as the Thousand Sons specialist unit, and he told me (seemingly less certain) that the SW will get a 30k Wulfen variant. I am planing to build my copy into a Thousand Sons force (Ahrimman did it for me) and would love more Psykers (I currently, in all my armies, have a total of one psyker...) and more excuses to use those FW upgrades would be great.


Ember

   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

Well we were just told at the 40k weekend that HH book 7 should be ready to order on February 4th.
   
Made in nl
[MOD]
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Cozy cockpit of an Imperial Knight

Would be nice, I know someone at the store who is itching to get started on his Thousand Sons.
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





Speaking of 30k Wulfen, can someone point me to a good guide on Legion era Space Puppy force org? Did they have Wolf Priests and their shamanistic stuff (without casting real psychic powers), Long Fangs, etc? What about scouts, there seemingly were scouts/scout-ish training (the Soulhunter himself), but now there are recon Marines.

Looking for a Skaven Doomwheel banner to repair my Nurgle knights.  
   
Made in gb
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain





The Rock

 Binabik15 wrote:
Speaking of 30k Wulfen, can someone point me to a good guide on Legion era Space Puppy force org? Did they have Wolf Priests and their shamanistic stuff (without casting real psychic powers), Long Fangs, etc? What about scouts, there seemingly were scouts/scout-ish training (the Soulhunter himself), but now there are recon Marines.


That will become clear in the upcoming book I believe.

AoV's Hobby Blog 29/04/18 The Tomb World stirs p44
How to take decent photos of your models
There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand
Most importantly, Win or Lose, always try to have fun.
Armies Legion: Dark Angels 
   
Made in gb
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard





They will probably have wolf priests as a unique consul type, combining chaplain and master-apothecary duties but not sure about the regular apothecaries.
Iron Priests and Rune Priests are pretty much literally renamed techmarines and librarians though so maybe a footnote?

In terms of unique units though…. The generic Heresy era list is actually far closer to the way the modern wolves are structured than it is to the way codex marines are so don't expect too much. Apart from labelling tactical squad exclusively equipped with ccw+bp as "blood claws" and those with bolters as "grey hunters" I wouldn't expect too much messing around.
A unique TDA unit to represent Wolf Guard and a you're nearly done.

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Having not popped open my Prospero yet, can anyone speak to the posing and variety the MK3's can be built with? Anything on par to the current Tactical kit with hands holding clips, one-handed bolters, etc...?

11527pts Total (7400pts painted)

4980pts Total (4980pts painted)

3730 Total (210pts painted) 
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





angelofvengeance wrote:
 Binabik15 wrote:
Speaking of 30k Wulfen, can someone point me to a good guide on Legion era Space Puppy force org? Did they have Wolf Priests and their shamanistic stuff (without casting real psychic powers), Long Fangs, etc? What about scouts, there seemingly were scouts/scout-ish training (the Soulhunter himself), but now there are recon Marines.


That will become clear in the upcoming book I believe.


Mr_Rose wrote:They will probably have wolf priests as a unique consul type, combining chaplain and master-apothecary duties but not sure about the regular apothecaries.
Iron Priests and Rune Priests are pretty much literally renamed techmarines and librarians though so maybe a footnote?

In terms of unique units though…. The generic Heresy era list is actually far closer to the way the modern wolves are structured than it is to the way codex marines are so don't expect too much. Apart from labelling tactical squad exclusively equipped with ccw+bp as "blood claws" and those with bolters as "grey hunters" I wouldn't expect too much messing around.
A unique TDA unit to represent Wolf Guard and a you're nearly done.


Thanks!

I won't game with them, but a small collection of dark grey killers sounds good. They should be somehwhat background compliant, so thanks for the info. Maybe I'll do them set after Russ left, so the more esoteric stuff is okay in any case.

Looking for a Skaven Doomwheel banner to repair my Nurgle knights.  
   
Made in gb
Esteemed Veteran Space Marine




Sheppey, England

 FoxPhoenix135 wrote:

I'm building a board for that right now, but it's got more to do with caves on Istvaan V or Dwell than ship-to-ship boarding... I figure lots of people make those kinds of boards (and I am pretty sure somebody in my group is either building one or has one already).

http://teun135miniaturewargaming.blogspot.com/search/label/Zone%20Mortalis%20Board


That's looking really nice - I bet it'll be an absolute blast to play on!

Click for a Relictors short story: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/412814.page

And the sequels HERE and HERE

Final part's up HERE

 
   
Made in us
Servoarm Flailing Magos





Alaska

 Necroagogo wrote:
 FoxPhoenix135 wrote:

I'm building a board for that right now, but it's got more to do with caves on Istvaan V or Dwell than ship-to-ship boarding... I figure lots of people make those kinds of boards (and I am pretty sure somebody in my group is either building one or has one already).

http://teun135miniaturewargaming.blogspot.com/search/label/Zone%20Mortalis%20Board


That's looking really nice - I bet it'll be an absolute blast to play on!


Thanks! I am hoping to have my first playtest of the board today, now that it is fully dried and cured.

http://www.teun135miniaturewargaming.blogspot.com/ https://www.instagram.com/teun135/
Foxphoenix135: Successful Trades: 21
With: romulus571, hisdudeness, Old Man Ultramarine, JHall, carldooley, Kav122, chriachris, gmpoto, Jhall, Nurglitch, steamdragon, DispatchDave, Gavin Thorne, Shenra, RustyKnight, rodt777, DeathReaper, LittleCizur, fett14622, syypher, Maxstreel 
   
Made in jp
Fixture of Dakka





Japan

 Crimson wrote:
So several people are assembling the models now. Could someone please take a picture of a SoS next to a Cadian? I really want to know whether they're freakishly tall.


Don't have a cadian but here is it next to a Raging heroes figure (on 25mm bases

Squidbot;
"That sound? That's the sound of me drinking all my paint and stabbing myself in the eyes with my brushes. "
My Doombringer Space Marine Army
Hello Kitty Space Marines project
Buddhist Space marine Project
Other Projects
Imageshack deleted all my Images Thank you! 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






SoCal, USA!

SoS are 35mm tall? HUGE, big as a regular SM Termie?

   
Made in nl
[MOD]
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Cozy cockpit of an Imperial Knight

   
Made in us
Terminator with Assault Cannon





Florida

Just picked up my BoP set last night. I am super impressed with the quality of the plastic. The detail is incredible.

I just really wish I had the 30k army list book to know how to build things for 30k.

SickSix's Silver Skull WIP thread
My Youtube Channel
JSF wrote:... this is really quite an audacious move by GW, throwing out any pretext that this is a game and that its customers exist to do anything other than buy their overpriced products for the sake of it. The naked arrogance, greed and contempt for their audience is shocking.
= Epic First Post.
 
   
Made in se
Longtime Dakkanaut






SoS are taller than Marines?

I thought GW had managed to finally halt the scale creep somewhat seeing the genestealer cultists. That's a shame :(

   
Made in us
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard





Redondo Beach

 Zywus wrote:
SoS are taller than Marines?

I thought GW had managed to finally halt the scale creep somewhat seeing the genestealer cultists. That's a shame :(


nope, the scale creep is in full effect...
the Tartaros Termies are huge, as are the Custodes...

i bought the "weekend only" Legion Herald last month, and he is massive in his MkIV power armor compared to the MkIV Marines from Battle at Calth...
i am thinking that i could use the Custodes head with the mohawk for him, and the Tartaros Sergeant head on him, but they are so big...
it might be a little over-the-top, but i think i'll go for it anyway...
the head looks too cool on him, and the Tartaros arms look so much better than the arms he comes with...

i like the scale creep, for painting purposes, anyway...
the detail is incredible, and so crisp...
it is fine for someone who sells on each painted mini, but i can see how it would be frustrating for people trying to mix past generations of minis in with the new stuff...
"go big or go home" must be the mantra in the design studio nowadays

cheers
jah

Paint like ya got a pair!

Available for commissions.
 
   
Made in ch
Warning From Magnus? Not Listening!





Holy Terra.

Does anyone think theres a connection between Bjorn the Fell-Handed and Geigor Fell-Hand? They have the same name, and both fight with a lightning claw and a bolter, and i guess Ahriman vs Bjorn would be a better, more fluff match up.

   
Made in nl
[MOD]
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Cozy cockpit of an Imperial Knight

No connection, Bjorn loses his hand on Prospero and doesn't get a replacement until much later.
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka






 BrookM wrote:
No connection, Bjorn loses his hand on Prospero and doesn't get a replacement until much later.


Does Geigor die? I can see an Iron Priest being all like "So, hey Bjorn, we found this bitchin' claw and we see you're in need of a hand..."

"The Omnissiah is my Moderati" 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

Yeah, I think his claw is the claw Bjorn gets to replace the arm he loses on Prospero.
   
Made in us
Member of a Lodge? I Can't Say




'Murica! (again)

 ImAGeek wrote:
Yeah, I think his claw is the claw Bjorn gets to replace the arm he loses on Prospero.


it is indeed. Still a cool model and I'm picking a few up off bits stores just cuz, well, look at it.

co-host weekly wargaming podcast Combat Phase
on iTunes or www.combatphase.com
 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: