Switch Theme:

Zombicide - News & Rumors HQ  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in gb
Using Inks and Washes

Duxford, Cambs, UK

Certainly. All base rims are not painted. Therefore standard zombies have grey rims and greyish skin, toxics have green rims and greenish skin, and beserkers have red rims and reddish skin.

you shouls get a better idea next week when I can add in some pics. I'll try and get a couple undercoated tonight when I get in from work so I can post up a comparison shot on Monday.

"Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…then all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars." Commander sinclair, Babylon 5.

Bobtheinquisitor wrote:what is going on with APAC shipping? If Macross Island were real, they'd be the last place to get any Robotechnology.

Made in gb
[DCM]
Coastal Bliss in the Shadow of Sizewell

Suffolk, where the Aliens roam.

Well I know what I was doing on Halloween,

"That's not an Ork, its a girl.." - Last words of High General Daran Ul'tharem, battle of Ursha VII.

Two White Horses (Ipswich Town and Denver Broncos Supporter)

Made in au
Pustulating Plague Priest

Aww, I don't have my zombicide stuff yet....or cool balloons....grrrrrr

There’s a difference between having a hobby and being a narcissist.

Made in us
Painting Within the Lines

CO

I'm going to paint the Berserkers along the lines of this:

Spoiler:

Posted to the Guillotine Games Facebook page a couple weeks ago. Really like the skin tone, and should work well with my current scheme for regular Zeds.

Thinking greeny-beige flesh and reddish pustules for the Toxics (to keep in line with the artwork), similar to this, though not entirely certain about it just yet.

Spoiler:

Might just keep it closer to this scheme:

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1804863/zombicide-toxic-city-mall

~iPaint

iPaint's Workbench - a blog for all of my painting endeavors
Currently painting: 20mm WW2, 28mm Zombicide
In the pipeline: 28mm Reaper Bones, Dwarven Forge Game Tiles

Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut

 -iPaint- wrote:
I'm going to paint the Berserkers along the lines of this:

Spoiler:

Posted to the Guillotine Games Facebook page a couple weeks ago. Really like the skin tone, and should work well with my current scheme for regular Zeds.

Thinking greeny-beige flesh and reddish pustules for the Toxics (to keep in line with the artwork), similar to this, though not entirely certain about it just yet.

Spoiler:

Might just keep it closer to this scheme:

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1804863/zombicide-toxic-city-mall

~iPaint

Army painter Necrotic Flesh For the color used on Boardgamegeek.

I’m sure glad GW is going to all plastic, so the ever-rising cost of white metal won’t impact the cost of their miniatures.

Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut

Thought I'd share this. I am doing a 3d version of the game and wanted to add in event cards and create my own spawn cards.

Spoiler:
[glow=red,2,300]Well Friday delivered my custom Spawn and Event Cards![/glow]

Following the Zombicide formula I decided to create my own Zombie generation cards. I created 2 decks that cover the 4 versions of zombies now offered from the 2 Kickstarters; Season 1, Season 2, Toxic, and Berserker Zombies. Woot!

Here are examples of the cards. Basically I'll draw a card whenever it calls for zombies to spawn. The animation on the card itself represents the type of zombie that'll be spawned. *All credit and creative rights are owned by Guillotine Games.

So starting left and going clockwise you have Season 1, Season 2, Berserker Fatty, and a Toxic Fatty.

Berserker runner, Season 2 Fatty, Season 2 runner, Toxic Fatty

Couple close ups. The number denotes how many zombies will spawn.

And EVENT CARDS!

Following the ATZ event cards I had purchased I set about scouring the internet for pictures to use in my own set of Event Cards. *All Images and creative rights are owned by AMC The Walking Dead.

The trick is to get images with at least 300dpi.

The deck

You want some too!? This card will give the player +2 to melee against berserker zombies. The player can hold this card and play it when they want.

CAUTION! This card will cause the humans to move at 1/2 speed for 1 turn due to being cautious.

RUN! This will give the runner zombies one free movement

ZOMBIE! This card will cause one of the humans to fire their weapon thinking they've seen a zombie and thereby creating a noise counter.

Weapon Jam! One survivors weapon will jam causing the player to spend 1 action clearing the jam.

Medpack. When flipped the player can use the medpack to heal 1 box

Fast Zombies! This card will spawn 1d6+2 runners

Ammo!
When flipped a player can resupply 1 clip of ammo.

Hail to the King! This will give +1 to melee against berserkers. The player can hold this card and play it when they want.

Reshuffle the spawn deck.

And my personal favorite.

BOOMSTICK! +2 to shooting for the turn. The player can hold this card and play it when they want.

And here are what the backs of the cards look like.

So I'll only have 10 or so event cards mixed into the spawn deck. Some cards are immediate and others can be held and played later. Once used the event cards are removed. If a reshuffle happens new event cards will be swapped into the deck replacing the used cards. Shuffles will happen either by flipping and event card or the spawn deck runs out.
[spoiler]

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 2013/11/03 21:49:54

I’m sure glad GW is going to all plastic, so the ever-rising cost of white metal won’t impact the cost of their miniatures.

Made in gb
Using Inks and Washes

Duxford, Cambs, UK

Nice. But how about adding in the extra spawns on the fatty cards? So you actually show the 2 walkers that are supposed to spawn every time a fatty is spawned.

"Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…then all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars." Commander sinclair, Babylon 5.

Bobtheinquisitor wrote:what is going on with APAC shipping? If Macross Island were real, they'd be the last place to get any Robotechnology.

Made in au
Unstoppable Bloodthirster of Khorne

Melbourne .au

Really impressive work on those cards!

Made in us
[DCM]
Dankhold Troggoth

Shadeglass Maze

Given my post in the Sedition Wars thread, I would like to say here that I think PVC is a perfect medium for the Zombicide figures. I was very impressed with the feel of the game- the tiles, miniatures, tokens, all felt "right"! Very well done all around, imo

Made in us
[DCM]
Dankhold Troggoth

Shadeglass Maze

Got my second game in, this time with the mall set (last one was with prison break). I think the berserker and toxic zombies are both really helpful to the game, and the dogs are just plain scary! (Or awesome if you get a friendly one)

Lots of fun with a big group

Made in us
Painting Within the Lines

CO

Order came in. All three boxes were packed full of zombie goodness.

Some will be going to a friend, some to eBay, and the rest for me. Now, time to get painting.

~iPaint

iPaint's Workbench - a blog for all of my painting endeavors
Currently painting: 20mm WW2, 28mm Zombicide
In the pipeline: 28mm Reaper Bones, Dwarven Forge Game Tiles

Made in au
Unstoppable Bloodthirster of Khorne

Melbourne .au

I actually got a tracking number. Of course, my stuff hasn;'t actually been picked up. It's one of those Electronic Shipping Info Received deals, so if I'm lucky, I'll have my stuff at the end of Nov/start of Dec. I guess 2-3 months is a "fast" delay by KS standards, but it's still annoying when it took them almost 2 months to ship all of the pledges...

Made in us
Sniping Reverend Moira

Cincinnati, Ohio

 Azazelx wrote:
I actually got a tracking number. Of course, my stuff hasn;'t actually been picked up. It's one of those Electronic Shipping Info Received deals, so if I'm lucky, I'll have my stuff at the end of Nov/start of Dec. I guess 2-3 months is a "fast" delay by KS standards, but it's still annoying when it took them almost 2 months to ship all of the pledges...

It's not like they had nearly 10,000 customizable orders or anything.

Made in au
Pustulating Plague Priest

I got mine today, was shipped around the 28th October.
All very well packed and nothing missing.

 cincydooley wrote:
 Azazelx wrote:
I actually got a tracking number. Of course, my stuff hasn;'t actually been picked up. It's one of those Electronic Shipping Info Received deals, so if I'm lucky, I'll have my stuff at the end of Nov/start of Dec. I guess 2-3 months is a "fast" delay by KS standards, but it's still annoying when it took them almost 2 months to ship all of the pledges...

It's not like they had nearly 10,000 customizable orders or anything.

It's not like they knew they would have them in advance and prepare for them/put on extra temp staff/etc, is it? Must have been an awful shock when they turned up on their doorstep!

Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests

Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Still waiting...

Maybe today?

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

Made in gb
Using Inks and Washes

Edinburgh

Anyone happen to have a good way to actually contact the CMON team? A little worried that I haven't received my stuff and they're claiming all the EU packages should have been received. I've been trying to get them through the KS site for a while and no reply...

Made in us
Posts with Authority

 Scarper wrote:
Anyone happen to have a good way to actually contact the CMON team? A little worried that I haven't received my stuff and they're claiming all the EU packages should have been received. I've been trying to get them through the KS site for a while and no reply...

Facebook maybe?

Made in us
Sniping Reverend Moira

Cincinnati, Ohio

 Scarper wrote:
Anyone happen to have a good way to actually contact the CMON team? A little worried that I haven't received my stuff and they're claiming all the EU packages should have been received. I've been trying to get them through the KS site for a while and no reply...

That's the right way. They said in an update that they were 4 business days behind on emails due to moving the full team to shipping and fulfillment.

Made in au
Unstoppable Bloodthirster of Khorne

Melbourne .au

As an update, my box arrived today.
It contained 1x Toxic City Mall and 1x Prison Outbreak.

It should have contained a hell of a lot more. Here's my Phase 1 stuff:

2 TOXIC CITY MALL EXPANSION
2 PRISON OUTBREAK GAME
1 SEASON 1 ZOMBICIDE
2 PRISON OUTBREAK PACK A
2 ZOMBIE DOGZ
2 DOG COMPANIONS
2 ADRIANA
2 RICK
2 LEA
2 DAKOTA
1 ORANGE CUSTOM DICE
1 RED CUSTOM DICE
1 WHITE CUSTOM DICE
1 BLACK CUSTOM DICE
1 GLOW IN THE DARK CUSTOM DICE

You could suggest "maybe there's another box" - which would be reasonable, but then, the box that arrived matched the one tracking number that they sent me, with *no* second tracking number or mention of a second box being sent...

The comments on the KS page seem to indicate that my experience is far from an isolated case. I doubt I'll ever give these feth heads money again.
Cincy, I know you're a CMON fan, but they're apparently completely fething incompetent.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2013/11/15 08:35:07

Made in gr
Thermo-Optical Spekter

Greece

I got mine correctly, I wonder what the percentage of errors was.

Made in au
Unstoppable Bloodthirster of Khorne

Melbourne .au

Dunno. There's a whole lot of people with messed up orders on the first page of the contents. I'm not in a particularly charitable mood about the whole thing right now, given just how badly my order was fethed up.

Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut

UK

That's pretty badly screwed up, Azazelx :(

Made in us
Gargantuan Gargant

New Bedford, MA USA

Mine finally arrived. One wrong figure. Contacted GG through facebook. They are compiling customer issues and submitting them to CMON.

If you contact them be sure to include your real name and pledge number

Made in gb
Painting Within the Lines

 Azazelx wrote:
As an update, my box arrived today.
It contained 1x Toxic City Mall and 1x Prison Outbreak.

You could suggest "maybe there's another box" - which would be reasonable, but then, the box that arrived matched the one tracking number that they sent me, with *no* second tracking number or mention of a second box being sent...

Ditto. Admittedly I got my wave 1 stuff early enough that I knew it had shipped before the missing UK container showed up so I've been expecting a wave 1.5 shipment to arrive with the rest in but I've heard nothing concrete about it and the pledge manager suggests they think they've already sent me everything in a single shipment.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't

Made in au
Unstoppable Bloodthirster of Khorne

Melbourne .au

You probably want to get in contact with them (or BFUK) ASAP, since I doubt they'll fix the issues up without being prompted.

I also didn't get a packing slip in my box, though that doesn't give me any comfort, since if you were splitting an order into two boxes, wouldn't you put the tracking number onto the larger one, not the smaller one?

Made in gb
Painting Within the Lines

I did get a packing slip, or at least the sodden remains of one since UPS decided to just leave my package in the rain outside my house for 3 days (I was on holiday at the time). I had an initial confirmation from CMON that they had only shipped TCM and PO boxes at that time due to the delayed container. Will have to see what response I get to the facebook PM I've sent querying the rest.

On the plus side, if they haven't arrived yet at least I don't have to paint the ruddy things.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't

Made in au
Unstoppable Bloodthirster of Khorne

Melbourne .au

I yes, I recall reading about that. Mine was only sent a couple of weeks ago, when they presumably had all things fixed, and with no indication that there were any issues with any of the items. Besides, I ordered 2x PO and 2x TCM, so even a delayed container doesn't work as an excuse for mine.

 Azazelx wrote:
It should have contained a hell of a lot more.

At least yours has arrived...

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

Made in us
Painting Within the Lines

CO

I was able to get some paint on some of the inmate zombies from Prison Outbreak this past week.

http://i.imgur.com/Wcnroc4.jpg for the full size.

Really pleased with the results. Here's the process for anyone seeking to replicate the look:

Primed with Army Painter Necrotic Flesh
Citadel Foundation Solar Macharius Orange on clothing
Citadel Bugman's Glow thinned with Vallejo Thinner Medium and washed over skin
Drybrush Army Painter Necrotic Flesh over skin
Any combination of dark brown and sand yellow for hair and boots, then drybrushed by adding an off-white
Brush-dipped using Minwax Polyshades Antique Walnut stain
Matte sealer to remove glossiness
2:1:1 mix Reaper MSP Brown Ink, Vallejo Transparent Red, and Reaper MSP Black Ink for blood/gore effects
Citadel Devlan Mud washed into eye sockets for added depth
Eyes painted pure white
Final Matte sealing
Vallejo Gloss Varnish applied to blood/gore, focusing mostly on the skin areas, leaving clothes alone for most part

~iPaint

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/11/17 08:07:57

iPaint's Workbench - a blog for all of my painting endeavors
Currently painting: 20mm WW2, 28mm Zombicide
In the pipeline: 28mm Reaper Bones, Dwarven Forge Game Tiles

Forum Index » Board Games, Roleplaying Games & Card Games
Go to: