Switch Theme:

[Modiphius] - The Elder Scrolls: Call to Arms - 01/07 Adventurer Set Previews  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in fr
Regular Dakkanaut




Aeneades wrote:
Samko wrote:
My preorder from modiphius web store is still marked "Unfulfilled".


Every order I have ever made from the Modiphius store is still marked as unfulfilled and I have never received any tracking information but they have always turned up
Good to know, thanks !
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





My GameNerdz bundle came today. I did not realize the heroes cards were not tarot sized, but some hitherto unseen card size which has no known sleeves made to fit it. There are dark rumors that a rare and unusual card sleeve may in fact (mostly) fit these cards, but it's not like they sell packages of 5 sleeves. I'm sticking them in top loaders for now.

I do not know what decisions go into deciding which card size to use, but obviously storage, sleeving, and organization are not even remotely considered. Ask me to find an item card (US mini) for Walking Dead and I grab my binder, flip to the appropriate section by type, find it alphabetically, and pull out a sleeved card, ready to play in seconds. Ask me to find an item card (euro mini) for Fallout Wasteland Warfare, and I dump three boxes with a few hundred cards on the table and go through them one by one.

Aeneades wrote:
Every order I have ever made from the Modiphius store is still marked as unfulfilled and I have never received any tracking information but they have always turned up
I've got digital PDFs through them that are listed as "unfulfilled" as well.
   
Made in gb
Camouflaged Ariadna Scout




United Kingdom

Really? That's odd. My FWW cards fit in my FFG binders that I used for X-Wing just fine (though finding sleeves that aren't 2-3mm too long is a pain in the butt). In fact all of my items and quest cards are stored that way. I expect my Elder Scrolls cards will be the same although I haven't tried yet as I'm out of folders!

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Siygess wrote:
Really? That's odd. My FWW cards fit in my FFG binders that I used for X-Wing just fine (though finding sleeves that aren't 2-3mm too long is a pain in the butt). In fact all of my items and quest cards are stored that way. I expect my Elder Scrolls cards will be the same although I haven't tried yet as I'm out of folders!
It probably depends on the pocket page. There's some that I can fit unsleeved euro mini cards in with no room to spare. And it definitely won't work with FFG sleeves, which is what I bought in bulk a while ago. I'm going to try out some new sleeves - Ultra Pro Lite, which are advertised as being small and thin. I guess they are basically penny sleeves. If that works out, I'll see if I can't find some pocket pages that are a little on the large side. It won't be trivial, but I'll figure out something.

For me, organizing and protecting my game components is as important as the game itself, but just does not seem to be a priority for the people who make the games. I guess they don't play with kids or with opponents who eat potato chips while playing, or bend the cards, or even nibble on them (I'm going to coat my cards with whatever they coat Nintendo Switch carts with). It's especially important when cards are added over the years, since your cards from last year will be obvious next to the brand new ones, or when you can't replace old cards without having to buy starter packs or expensive sets of many cards. Do developers just not sleeve their cards or try to put their own games back in the box?
   
Made in gb
Bane Thrall






 Sqorgar wrote:
For me, organizing and protecting my game components is as important as the game itself, but just does not seem to be a priority for the people who make the games. I guess they don't play with kids or with opponents who eat potato chips while playing, or bend the cards, or even nibble on them (I'm going to coat my cards with whatever they coat Nintendo Switch carts with). It's especially important when cards are added over the years, since your cards from last year will be obvious next to the brand new ones, or when you can't replace old cards without having to buy starter packs or expensive sets of many cards. Do developers just not sleeve their cards or try to put their own games back in the box?


Cards are very much an ongoing conversation at the company, trust me.

As a quick note, the three sizes in ES are Euro Mini, Poker (or Magic Card) and Educational. I'm out of the design side of things these days (I do minis and painting now after our recent internal shuffle) so can't really speak to why, but there are game design constraints that landed us with those card sizes.

I totally understand box management is an interesting problem with Fallout. One of the reasons only heroes have customisable gear in ES is due to our learning from Fallout and the sheer number of cards and amount of setup time the game can take when using all the elements. Some of our players love to be able to tweak and customise every last bit of a model, me, I like to throw down and play.

The long planned Fallout app is finally ready to go to public beta, that might help as it contains all the stats and upgrade cards you need to play, meaning you can just worry about your event/narrative decks when playing.

I've seen good results from people using screw boxes/tool boxes with flexible compartments to store their cards.

When I play, I make up printed sheets for each model, using photoshop to slide the non heroic bits of cards behind the stat cards so I don't see them and essentially making one larger sheet with all the details on per model, rather than lots of cards that slide about during play. I also use the aforementioned Xwing sleeves as they have the poker slot for the stats, then several other slots for the gear cards.

We were trying to get some nice themed card boxes made, but finding a price that is market viable is really tricky on the run size we would be looking at so currently that's on hiatus.

As someone who owns a complete set of Kingdom Death + Expansions, I sympathise with how much effort the box management can be. I ended up upgrading my box with the Folded Space set which is really great. Might have to speak to them and see if can work out something.

Ultimately, the dev cycle for us is anything from 1-3 years, so what you are seeing now was designed long before we got our hands on physical components. We are looking at ways of managing cards better in the future (as noted Fallout - ES has a specific change to address this) and perhaps moving some of the conten off of cards is one way we can go, but there are reasons things are the way they are with Fallout. The designer had a very specific intent and the flexibility and customisation necessitated those cards.

But please do know we are aware and thinking of things to ease/fix in future games and Fallout/ES going forward. We do honestly play our games too

...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in gb
Camouflaged Ariadna Scout




United Kingdom

 JonWebb wrote:

The long planned Fallout app is finally ready to go to public beta, that might help as it contains all the stats and upgrade cards you need to play, meaning you can just worry about your event/narrative decks when playing.


Good to hear! Are there plans for it to include some settlement management stuff as well?

   
Made in gb
Bane Thrall






 Siygess wrote:
 JonWebb wrote:

The long planned Fallout app is finally ready to go to public beta, that might help as it contains all the stats and upgrade cards you need to play, meaning you can just worry about your event/narrative decks when playing.


Good to hear! Are there plans for it to include some settlement management stuff as well?


Yup, there is a Settlement tracking element to the app.

It does force building, battle tracking (no more tokens!) and settlement out of the gate.

Its been a long haul (and the beta is not 100% of the game at launch) but its hopefully going to make things a lot easier for folks.

...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





In my frustration, I may have come on a little strong. It is really an industry-wide problem and not specifically limited to Modiphius. Too often, it seems like board games and other tabletop games are happy to give you 400 cards and assume you wrap them in a rubber band or stick them in a sock and throw them in the box.

Baseball cards have a long tradition in organization and collecting - pocket pages, sleeves, top loaders, boxes, etc - and collectible card games have been able to build on those solutions. I wonder if CCGs could've succeeded without building on the collecting framework that already existed. Because of the popularity of stuff like Star Wars Legion and X-Wing, there is a lot of support for US mini card storage now. And tarot-sized cards were fairly uncommon a few years ago, but seem to be greatly increasing in popularity (Malifaux, for example). I think it will become the third popular card size, and future games will likely use it extensively (stuff like Hellboy, ToL:Joan of Arc, Song of Ice and Fire, and Arcadia Quest already use these three sizes). If collecting is a major part of your business plan, taking advantage of existing storage solutions by using these three standard card sizes would be extremely helpful.

I should say that I absolutely don't mind having that many cards. I actively enjoy having thousands of cards in a game system, and I think Fallout's cards are one of the best things about it. I play tabletop games to get away from screens (I like variety when it comes to ruining my eyes), but I still want a lot of exploration and customization variety. I'm sure all those cards will end up making any campaign systems you guys release into something delightfully similar to the video games they are based on. That's awesome. I just want an easier way to store, browse, and access those thousands of cards.

Anyway, I'm really excited for Elder Scrolls. I'm building the models now, and hopefully, will get it on the table this weekend. I said I'd wait for the terrain bundle to arrive, but now that I have the boxes in my hands... well, patience was easier when I didn't have the option not to be...
   
Made in gb
Bane Thrall






 Sqorgar wrote:
In my frustration, I may have come on a little strong. It is really an industry-wide problem and not specifically limited to Modiphius. Too often, it seems like board games and other tabletop games are happy to give you 400 cards and assume you wrap them in a rubber band or stick them in a sock and throw them in the box.

Baseball cards have a long tradition in organization and collecting - pocket pages, sleeves, top loaders, boxes, etc - and collectible card games have been able to build on those solutions. I wonder if CCGs could've succeeded without building on the collecting framework that already existed. Because of the popularity of stuff like Star Wars Legion and X-Wing, there is a lot of support for US mini card storage now. And tarot-sized cards were fairly uncommon a few years ago, but seem to be greatly increasing in popularity (Malifaux, for example). I think it will become the third popular card size, and future games will likely use it extensively (stuff like Hellboy, ToL:Joan of Arc, Song of Ice and Fire, and Arcadia Quest already use these three sizes). If collecting is a major part of your business plan, taking advantage of existing storage solutions by using these three standard card sizes would be extremely helpful.

I should say that I absolutely don't mind having that many cards. I actively enjoy having thousands of cards in a game system, and I think Fallout's cards are one of the best things about it. I play tabletop games to get away from screens (I like variety when it comes to ruining my eyes), but I still want a lot of exploration and customization variety. I'm sure all those cards will end up making any campaign systems you guys release into something delightfully similar to the video games they are based on. That's awesome. I just want an easier way to store, browse, and access those thousands of cards.

Anyway, I'm really excited for Elder Scrolls. I'm building the models now, and hopefully, will get it on the table this weekend. I said I'd wait for the terrain bundle to arrive, but now that I have the boxes in my hands... well, patience was easier when I didn't have the option not to be...


It’s cool. You didn’t come across harsh. I get annoyed by all the cards, trust me

We do bat about curated decks, random tables and the like internally, but nothing formal for the game at present.

Future games May be locked to only one card size per product mind you. Turns out multiple card sizes is more problematic than you would think. We learned a lot from Fallout and ES.
   
Made in gb
Fresh-Faced New User




Speaking of cards, will there be blank character cards, or does someone know of a fan made one they could share?

I have played a few games and very much enjoying it and now want to come up with my own characters and scenarios.

Looking forward to the next wave.

Cheers

Andover Wargaming Club, come check us out http://arbbl.com/wp/
 
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Street Judge






RVA

Mine are supposed to arrive today! So excited!

   
Made in ca
Experienced Saurus Scar-Veteran





California the Southern

Lucky. Mine isn't showing up til Saturday it seems.

Poorly lit photos of my ever- growing collection of completely unrelated models!

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/627383.page#7436324.html
Watch and listen to me ramble about these minis before ruining them with paint!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCB2mWIxhYF8Q36d2Am_2A 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





Theyredeaddave wrote:
Speaking of cards, will there be blank character cards, or does someone know of a fan made one they could share?

I have played a few games and very much enjoying it and now want to come up with my own characters and scenarios.

Looking forward to the next wave.

Cheers


I think this will be much needed for delve mode.

My box arrived today and outside of the custom dice I'm liking it so far. I understand various reasons for custom dice but I still hate them as it means I have to buy more as the sets never come with enough and if I ever loose them will, tough luck and hope the game is popular enough years from now that someone kept track of how the sides were arranged so you can make your own. the worst is the custom 20 sided d10. D6s it's easy to slap a sticker on and write what it's supposed to be. But that 20 sided will be a pain.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/06/18 02:09:56


 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




UK

Hi all here's a big update, also going out on email:

ERRATA: Today we've released the first official errata download covering The Elder Scrolls: Call to Arms Core Rules box set. Errors are listed with a page number, and changes are presented in red. This free download also contains updated print & play cards with updated stats for selected adversaries and allies in the game.
If you’ve downloaded the Core Rules Box Set on the Modiphius Store, or the core rules on DriveThruRPG, you should already have received an update pointing you to the errata files but you can also download them FREE direct from the Modiphius web site here https://www.modiphius.net/products/the-elder-scrolls-call-to-arms-core-rulebook-errata-free
We've also decided to include updated copies of the hero and followers cards from the core rule box in the Wave 1 card deck coming in September.

SHIPPING: If you're still waiting on untracked or tracked airmail shipments our second UK warehouse has been receiving stock and started shipping them today through the new route via Germany. It's likely going to take them about a week to ship out all the orders and they will take between 4-10 days to reach places in North America however you will get email tracking once it starts moving.
Currently borders are still closed for airmail shipments to Australia and New Zealand, however DHL can ship to both countries. If you are waiting on a shipment in either country and would like to find out the cost of upgrading your shipping to DHL, Rita will look after you personally. Please email her rita@modiphius.com. She's been working ever so hard for all of you to get all the delayed shipments moving and finding solutions and we'll be exploring more options to get stock over there regardless. Thanks so much for your patience.

COMPETITION Next week we'll be announcing a competition to create a piece of scenery or a mission! Here's a quick overview to give you a head start and we'll be providing more details and how to enter next week:
Making Camp - Construct a terrain piece that will fit on a standard sized CD that represent a base camp, or portion thereof, in some way. It might be an adventurers rest, part of a Legion garrison, a Stormcloak outpost, hunter’s camp, bandits hideout or a necromancers ritual site. The piece should be usable in game and be scratch built as much as possible. No plastic tents or resin fires!

Campfire Tales - Write a scenario that deals with a campsite in some way. It can be Battle or Delve mode and should require an objective of some kind that matches the dimensions for the scenery in Making Camp. It should include all of the elements you see in our standard scenario setup, including some narrative introductory text.

Fallout: Wasteland Warfare
https://www.modiphius.net/pages/fallout-wasteland-warfare
Elder Scrolls Call to Arms
https://www.modiphius.net/pages/elder-scrolls


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 modiphius wrote:
ERRATA: Today we've released the first official errata download covering The Elder Scrolls: Call to Arms Core Rules box set. Errors are listed with a page number, and changes are presented in red. This free download also contains updated print & play cards with updated stats for selected adversaries and allies in the game.
I hope I'm not out of line here, but the game is, what, two weeks old? Don't you think publishing 13 pages of errata and new print & play cards before most people even have the chance to buy the game to be maybe a catastrophic failure?
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Sqorgar wrote:
 modiphius wrote:
ERRATA: Today we've released the first official errata download covering The Elder Scrolls: Call to Arms Core Rules box set. Errors are listed with a page number, and changes are presented in red. This free download also contains updated print & play cards with updated stats for selected adversaries and allies in the game.
I hope I'm not out of line here, but the game is, what, two weeks old? Don't you think publishing 13 pages of errata and new print & play cards before most people even have the chance to buy the game to be maybe a catastrophic failure?


Not really. Cards had to go to print probably a year ago. Depending on when the issues where found it probably was impossible to get replacements printed in time for the pre-orders to ship. And, as you can read in Chris's post they're printing replacement cards in the wave 1 deck.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/06/26 15:55:15


 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

and this way people don't have cards they can't use,

or can use but have incorrect rules on so they don't 'learn' the wrong one which can be really difficult to 'unlearn' later

 
   
Made in fr
Regular Dakkanaut




Errata on cards is bad, at least it's nothing too impactfull here, but I'm glad that the correct versions will be available.

Also :
Page 27
Replace “Winterfell” with “Winterhold” in the quote at the bottom of the page
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





The card errata isn't that bad at all. Basically for a lot of things the shield icon is with the wrong attribute.

edit: Dragonborn though has more stuff that needs to be moved around, wrong attributes. Missed that the first time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/06/27 03:37:37


 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





Got a play though this weekend with some friends. Did the 1st Delve mission with 3 people which was defend some walls/gates from a swarm of enemies. If they got to the player spawning edge they won.

Some Quick thoughts:

Generally it was pretty fun but it was stupid easy. Even with 12 enemies only one person ever took damage.

Was pretty easy to learn/play but I suggest printing out the various appendixes for quick reference. We didn't but will for next time we play.

The game, for co-op at least, is hurting not having more stuff out. To do a 3 person co-op you pretty much need to use the dragon born (as everyone wants at least one hero) and so to match the cost of that one figure the others each had to take followers as well and there still was as much as a 15 point difference. This isn't a bad thing, just an observation that there's not a lot of point balance for co-op yet. If you're willing to break the rules and mix Imperial and stormcloak heroes this isn't an issue.

The Dragonborn is also pretty strong as it regenerates a thu'um every round in addition to the 1pt magicka or stamina other models get so you have a shout machine that can just spam it every turn if you want.

The scenario/delve rules are a bit of a jumble organization wise and at least the scenario we played seamed like whoever proofed it had never played the game. it had a turn limit as special but no where in the book was that talked about and no mention of how the scenario ended outside enemies getting to the player deployment zone so we just played until we had the needed victory points.

We played with how the rules for deployment in the scenario booklet had written (half the adversaries) but that was actually removed in the errata. There was nothing added to replace it so Delve mission one has no rules for starting enemy deployment even though it says there are enemies at the start of the game.

Was no way to really loose against the Drauger as they didn't end up moving much (each faction has different AI frequencies) and outside of the 2 champions we had in the pool they didn't have very good stats so missed a lot or didn't deal enough damage to get past armor. Maybe if more of them could activate in a round but at the septim level we were at it was 3 max vs the 5 players figures that could. Probably only really challenging if you have 1-2 figures only so it didn't scale well at all. Probably can't with the AI cards either as you'd need a lot more models activating and just moving and not following the AI so the players don't get swarmed and just die in a round or two (though as I mentioned above none of the cheap figures managed to damage a player and only 1 follower took damage) so this mission would require some special rules for AI that might be burdensome.

With 3 players the core box is pretty thin on quests but that will be fixed with card sets over time. We had to ignore the location reqs (outdoors, caves, town/city) just to have enough that we could play as we choose City as the scenario was defend the gates.

The locations are a nice idea allowing scenarios to be played slightly different sometimes as it's only a 10% chance I think that one of the special rules for a scenario would be rolled leaving most no different from each other. Of course you can just choose one of them (like darkness or blizzard). It will be interesting to see what gets added to these over time.

Like the event system. Can really change how things play. We had a blizzard role in, even though it's not a special rule that can normally be chosen with playing in a city, and it as a small chance of restricting LoS which it did a few times for us.

We need a lot more tokens for the game as no only did we have 12 enemies we had 9 civilians out too and all that random drawing for who goes. The base set only comes with enough for 7 figures and I think we had 20 figures on the board not counting the 5 player figures.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/06/29 08:28:06


 
   
Made in gb
Bane Thrall






Hey folks. The blog has recently been updated with some more previews, so I thought I'd share some bits here.

We are starting to get back to some semblance of order having had everything impacted by Corona, so we now know where things are shaking out in production.

Wave 1 has been slightly reshuffled so the next sets that will be released will be the first two adventurer packs.

Containing a nice mix of named NPCs and companions, plus generic adventurer types, these sets give a nice selection of individuals to round out Delve parties and support your Dragonborn.
You may notice some non human options in the boxes.

The Adventurer Allies and Adventurer Followers will be arriving in the near future (hopefully August) and you can read more about them in Gavin's latest blogpost:
https://www.modiphius.net/blogs/news/elder-scrolls-development-blog-5-i-am-sworn-to-carry-your-burdens

[Thumb - Resin-AdventuresAllies_RGB-150dpi.jpg]

[Thumb - Resin-AdventuresFollowers_RGB-150dpi.jpg]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/06/30 15:29:12


...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





Shame about the card pack being pushed back but things are what they are with the pandemic.

Also are extra dice sets planned for release this year?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/06/30 15:45:36


 
   
Made in gb
Bane Thrall






 Monkeysloth wrote:
Shame about the card pack being pushed back but things are what they are with the pandemic.

Are extra dice sets planned for release this year?


Trying to be. Good news is the tooling is all done (as we needed it for the core box) but its a case of agreeing price, finding a production gap and getting things shipped.

They were supposed to be part of the launch wave weirdly.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/06/30 15:44:19


...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





 JonWebb wrote:
 Monkeysloth wrote:
Shame about the card pack being pushed back but things are what they are with the pandemic.

Are extra dice sets planned for release this year?


Trying to be. Good news is the tooling is all done (as we needed it for the core box) but its a case of agreeing price, finding a production gap and getting things shipped.

They were supposed to be part of the launch wave weirdly.


As I've learned from Kickstarters Manufacturing is a complicated dance. I might just pick up a second core box as the fallout dice are around $15 and the core box is $33 online here so getting extra cards and such may not be a bad idea since I will mostly be playing with large groups.

Also I don't know if this has been asked but are the adventurers HIPS as well or resin?
   
Made in gb
Bane Thrall






 Monkeysloth wrote:
 JonWebb wrote:
 Monkeysloth wrote:
Shame about the card pack being pushed back but things are what they are with the pandemic.

Are extra dice sets planned for release this year?


Trying to be. Good news is the tooling is all done (as we needed it for the core box) but its a case of agreeing price, finding a production gap and getting things shipped.

They were supposed to be part of the launch wave weirdly.


As I've learned from Kickstarters Manufacturing is a complicated dance. I might just pick up a second core box as the fallout dice are around $15 and the core box is $33 online here so getting extra cards and such may not be a bad idea since I will mostly be playing with large groups.

Also I don't know if this has been asked but are the adventurers HIPS as well or resin?


Adventurers will be resin only as they include unique characters meaning repeat purchases are unlikely. Plastic needs big numbers to remain viable so we have to be careful about what boxes go to plastic.

Does mean you get the textured bases though

...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





 JonWebb wrote:
 Monkeysloth wrote:
 JonWebb wrote:
 Monkeysloth wrote:
Shame about the card pack being pushed back but things are what they are with the pandemic.

Are extra dice sets planned for release this year?


Trying to be. Good news is the tooling is all done (as we needed it for the core box) but its a case of agreeing price, finding a production gap and getting things shipped.

They were supposed to be part of the launch wave weirdly.


As I've learned from Kickstarters Manufacturing is a complicated dance. I might just pick up a second core box as the fallout dice are around $15 and the core box is $33 online here so getting extra cards and such may not be a bad idea since I will mostly be playing with large groups.

Also I don't know if this has been asked but are the adventurers HIPS as well or resin?


Adventurers will be resin only as they include unique characters meaning repeat purchases are unlikely. Plastic needs big numbers to remain viable so we have to be careful about what boxes go to plastic.

Does mean you get the textured bases though


If I would have looked at the box images you posted I would have seen. Understanable reasoning. Was hoping the adventurers boxs were as they really would let people kit bash about anything they wanted.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/06/30 16:09:50


 
   
Made in gb
Bane Thrall






 Monkeysloth wrote:
 JonWebb wrote:
 Monkeysloth wrote:
 JonWebb wrote:
 Monkeysloth wrote:
Shame about the card pack being pushed back but things are what they are with the pandemic.

Are extra dice sets planned for release this year?


Trying to be. Good news is the tooling is all done (as we needed it for the core box) but its a case of agreeing price, finding a production gap and getting things shipped.

They were supposed to be part of the launch wave weirdly.


As I've learned from Kickstarters Manufacturing is a complicated dance. I might just pick up a second core box as the fallout dice are around $15 and the core box is $33 online here so getting extra cards and such may not be a bad idea since I will mostly be playing with large groups.

Also I don't know if this has been asked but are the adventurers HIPS as well or resin?


Adventurers will be resin only as they include unique characters meaning repeat purchases are unlikely. Plastic needs big numbers to remain viable so we have to be careful about what boxes go to plastic.

Does mean you get the textured bases though


If I would have looked at the box images you posted I would have seen. Understanable reasoning. Was hoping the adventurers boxs were as they really would let people kit bash about anything they wanted.


We are putting some alternative plastic ideas through feasibility that might be of interest then. Modular heroes (for both games) that let you build a few different weapon load outs.

Seems silly not to really, but as mentioned, plastic is a big shout so we need to get it right.

...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





 JonWebb wrote:


We are putting some alternative plastic ideas through feasibility that might be of interest then. Modular heroes (for both games) that let you build a few different weapon load outs.

Seems silly not to really, but as mentioned, plastic is a big shout so we need to get it right.


If that happens I have a buddy that will probably buy 10 kits on day one as he loves the Elder Scrolls games and will probably use figures from a set like that exclusively for any RPG we play for the rest of our lives.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: