Switch Theme:

The Build, Paint & Adventures of a 40k 0rk Mekboy Gargant & 3x Stompas - Photo Diary  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in nz
Ork Boy Hangin' off a Trukk





More solid work on the Zappa side of the hull:

I can’t actually believe how Kool this looks!!

The beat equipment for Goblins, is more Goblins! 
   
Made in nz
Ork Boy Hangin' off a Trukk





More armour plating work and planning for top armour layer detailing

The beat equipment for Goblins, is more Goblins! 
   
Made in nz
Ork Boy Hangin' off a Trukk





More solid Bolt work today around the Gutbuster:


Also a note to anyone destroying stuff: ALWAYS WHERE YOUR SAFTY GOGGLES:

This wee ‘gem’ spent a day at the back of my eye socket behind my eye!

The beat equipment for Goblins, is more Goblins! 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Land Raider Pilot on Cruise Control





Vigilus

Wow! This project is amazing. Haven't seen a stompa that cool looking since the Mr. Potato head build kicking around a few years ago. Also, yikes. Your lesson on the necessity of eye protection is well taken...


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Edit: I failed to take in the enormity of your project. Assumed that was a stompa. I see now it is a gargant. Admiration intensifies...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/06/22 07:06:05


   
Made in nz
Ork Boy Hangin' off a Trukk





 brushcommando wrote:
Wow! This project is amazing. Haven't seen a stompa that cool looking since the Mr. Potato head build kicking around a few years ago. Also, yikes. Your lesson on the necessity of eye protection is well taken...


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Edit: I failed to take in the enormity of your project. Assumed that was a stompa. I see now it is a gargant. Admiration intensifies...

Thanks very much! It still surprises me as well! My Mek eye has made a wonderful recovery!

Today more work all over but mostly on armour panels forward of the Rotor Kannon shoulder!

I think I’ll be done with base armour panels in a week or so and then onto detailing them

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/06/24 04:59:05


The beat equipment for Goblins, is more Goblins! 
   
Made in nz
Ork Boy Hangin' off a Trukk





More solid work all over Tera-Watt today, with more armour plating done (I’m sick of saying that) and various Kool little details slathered all over:

This was a monumental day. I told myself I would wait to near completion to ‘Edit’ ONLY one portion of the Gargant in accordance with my ‘design eye’!

That luck piece is not the feet, but the Jaw! It’s far to square and clashes with the rest of the round model, the proposed rounded jaw will let more models/crew stand of the Jaw deck and work the ‘cigar’ gun.

Tomorrow I’ll be taking The jaw off and remodelling it completely to be more in line with the original art... a Terrible de-jawing of sorts!

I’m going to leave the feet Just as they are (still waiting for special parts from Russia) but I’ll just distress them heavily with an electric dremal to fit the rest of the well traveled/battle-worn aesthetic.

I checked with the engineer and the weighted steel ring base has been ordered and should be ready in the next few weeks (on time).

The beat equipment for Goblins, is more Goblins! 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




He's really looking like the real deal now!

   
Made in dk
Implacable Skitarii







I've ne'er painted an Ork though i keep thinking i will one day.

But this? This here is otherworldly. Amazing job, love how this came out. Keep it up, man!

------------------------------------------------------
Never ride faster than your angel can fly
------------------------------------------------------
"Deus est Machina" - ciuncky's painting blog
"...and doom shall stalk a thousand worlds." Loyalist Death Guard project log - completed

"The short life of an Astartes' best friend" - a very short fiction story 
   
Made in nz
Ork Boy Hangin' off a Trukk





fingol23 wrote:He's really looking like the real deal now!
Thanks! It’s coming together very nicly, it’s Kool to see it coming together after all that planning!
ciuncky wrote:I've ne'er painted an Ork though i keep thinking i will one day.

But this? This here is otherworldly. Amazing job, love how this came out. Keep it up, man!
Thank you for the very kind words, it’s going to be great to complete the build soon!! But then I’ll be onto the painting...

Today I de-jawed Tera-wat and templated a new jaw (which will look a lot better) and scavenged bits from the old one and supplemented it with new bit I ordered ages ago!

More good work around the main ‘moob’ chest panels that will complete the main hull armour:

It was satisfying to see such rapid progress!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/06/26 06:12:55


The beat equipment for Goblins, is more Goblins! 
   
Made in nz
Ork Boy Hangin' off a Trukk





Huge progress today!

After taking the Jaw off completely I was able to finish all the out layers or armour and the base shape and base armour of the Moobs!!! It has only been 2 months!!


And with that completed I made Jaw 2.0, managing to fit in 2 more big Teef!!

Jaw 2.0 sits a bit higher (which shows of the belly better) and has more room for the ‘cigar’ gun and its crew. The pic doesn’t show it but the less square nature of Jaw 2.0 looks sooooo much better! Tomorrow I’m going to work on fixing of the jaw and the jaw decking.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/06/27 04:24:24


The beat equipment for Goblins, is more Goblins! 
   
Made in gb
Homicidal Veteran Blood Angel Assault Marine






Tera-wat is looking great, almost ready for painting? The cigar gun sounds cool, will it be rusty brown with a glowing muzzle brake?

Goberts Gubbins - P&M Blog, started with Oldhammer, often Blackstone Fortress and mini-Marines, Indomitus soon... hopefully! 
   
Made in gb
Stealthy Grot Snipa






Northern Ireland

Astonishing work. I love the idea of a cigar kannon. Comedy genius.

. I can imagine there's some weight in the piece by this stage. You're going to need an engine hoist to get it out of the shed. Just check the legs on any tabletop he's going to appear on. No flimsy WWE tables. Though the idea of Tera-Wat destroying an entire army by putting them through the table is appealing in a kinda orky way.

   
Made in nz
Ork Boy Hangin' off a Trukk





gobert wrote:Tera-wat is looking great, almost ready for painting? The cigar gun sounds cool, will it be rusty brown with a glowing muzzle brake?
Thanks but I’m about 4-5 weeks worth of work away from basecoats! Cigar Kannon as per original B&W art so colours are entirely up to me


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 theCrowe wrote:
Astonishing work. I love the idea of a cigar kannon. Comedy genius.. I can imagine there's some weight in the piece by this stage. You're going to need an engine hoist to get it out of the shed. Just check the legs on any tabletop he's going to appear on. No flimsy WWE tables. Though the idea of Tera-Wat destroying an entire army by putting them through the table is appealing in a kinda orky way.
He is fairly portable still but the extra screws in the single ankle are proving their worth!

The main components of Jaw 2.0 is finished with the Cigar Kannon I place:

I’ll detail it up tomorrow and then onto the hull armour plate details!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/06/29 08:26:14


The beat equipment for Goblins, is more Goblins! 
   
Made in nz
Ork Boy Hangin' off a Trukk





Hull armour detailing underway with Gutbuster detailing ‘teef’ now completed:

I’m also starting upgunning Tera-Watt with a good scattering of Kustom Mega Blastas and hopefully some weird and wonderful weapons tomorrow

The beat equipment for Goblins, is more Goblins! 
   
Made in nz
Ork Boy Hangin' off a Trukk





Upgunning the moobs and belly:

My Mechanicus mate will have a complete fit!

The beat equipment for Goblins, is more Goblins! 
   
Made in nz
Ork Boy Hangin' off a Trukk





After some more reflection I realised that the armour thickness of the moobs was very underwhelming:

After a quick mastectomy added depth was achieved after some experimentation but I’ll need to fill and then detail the extra depth.

The beat equipment for Goblins, is more Goblins! 
   
Made in fi
Fresh-Faced New User





Helsinki

Dear lord MORK, that thing sure looks awesome and dangerous and inspiring and PROPA!

Much kudos, keep it up!!!

   
Made in nz
Ork Boy Hangin' off a Trukk





 Mutant Modifier wrote:
Dear lord MORK, that thing sure looks awesome and dangerous and inspiring and PROPA! Much kudos, keep it up!!!
Thanks very much, I recon only 4-5 weeks left in the build!

Work on Moob and Eye 2.0 carries on:

I’m stoked with the results of both (Love the extra girth of the new Moob) and tomorrow I’ll work on the other Moob to bring it up to speed

The beat equipment for Goblins, is more Goblins! 
   
Made in nz
Ork Boy Hangin' off a Trukk





New improved Moobs on!

I’m delighted with the extra girth I added to the moobs and the extra balance/fat man look it’s achieved! A job well done, the fight was long but well worth it!

Tomorrow I plan finish both eyes entirely!

The beat equipment for Goblins, is more Goblins! 
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut






Your dedication is just amazing, always tinkering with stuff everyone thinks is already done and it really makes the model better every time!
   
Made in nz
Ork Boy Hangin' off a Trukk





 Viterbi wrote:
Your dedication is just amazing, always tinkering with stuff everyone thinks is already done and it really makes the model better every time!
Thanks, it’s a lot of work but very rewarding! I firmly believe in “do it once, do it right” there will be a time (very soon) when I’m just going to have to call it done!

Today I went to work on the eyes, but got terribly sidetracked and worked on ALL the unfinished hull plates!

I finished the turret under the rotor Kannon and the armour panels:


I detailed the rear of the model with rivits and bolt heads to add more of a feeling of bulk:


And finished the turret and hull armour under the Zappa:


A big day for sure but sooooo many things completed, just not the eyes!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/09 05:39:21


The beat equipment for Goblins, is more Goblins! 
   
Made in gb
Stealthy Grot Snipa






Northern Ireland

Looking immense! So impressive. Have you any colours in mind for when you get to painting?

   
Made in nz
Ork Boy Hangin' off a Trukk





 theCrowe wrote:
Looking immense! So impressive. Have you any colours in mind for when you get to painting?
Thank you very much, yeah I’m working on an Evil Sunz paint scheme: Dark brown>dark red>light red>bright orange>yellow and of course the obligatory black and white checkers!

EYE see you:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/10 05:41:07


The beat equipment for Goblins, is more Goblins! 
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block





Phoenix, AZ

ThorNZ2020 wrote:
Thank you very much, yeah I’m working on an Evil Sunz paint scheme: Dark brown>dark red>light red>bright orange>yellow and of course the obligatory black and white checkers!

EYE see you:



I surmise the paint job will take some time...

Really though, I can't wait to see this painted up.
Been keeping an eye on it for the last few weeks and I sort of didn't expect you to plan on putting some color into it. Relieved to hear otherwise.
Such an interesting piece.

 
   
Made in nz
Guarding Guardian



Christchurch, New Zealand

I'm one of the aforementioned gaming group guys who this was kept secret from for so long, and just recently has ThorNZ shown me his project! Absolutely amazed at the piece, and the fact he managed to keep it all under wraps! Still a big secret from the rest of the group, but he's getting me in to help with the final touches and painting, both of which I really look forward to! Can't wait to put this on the table for our big Apoc game! Will be a pleasure to die to
   
Made in nz
Ork Boy Hangin' off a Trukk





Frag The Commissar wrote:I surmise the paint job will take some time...

Really though, I can't wait to see this painted up.
Been keeping an eye on it for the last few weeks and I sort of didn't expect you to plan on putting some color into it. Relieved to hear otherwise.
Such an interesting piece.
Tera-watt will take ages to paint! We are expecting 5 cans of base spray paint! Thanks very much

Kitsunae wrote:I'm one of the aforementioned gaming group guys who this was kept secret from for so long, and just recently has ThorNZ shown me his project! Absolutely amazed at the piece, and the fact he managed to keep it all under wraps! Still a big secret from the rest of the group, but he's getting me in to help with the final touches and painting, both of which I really look forward to! Can't wait to put this on the table for our big Apoc game! Will be a pleasure to die to
Mate, it was soooo good to FINALLY tell someone about this wee project! I’m really looking forward to paint basing him with ya!

Yesterday was rivits (so no photos!) BUT today was lots of small finishing touches! Final steps in completing the front right eye, now with offset heat shield:


And teef vent covert, pipework and finishing armour plate finishing:


I love this pipework as it reflects the original art so well:


Tomorrow I’m working on hull lights and sensor suites!

The beat equipment for Goblins, is more Goblins! 
   
Made in nz
Ork Boy Hangin' off a Trukk





Lots of work today adding many lights and sensor suites all over, and yet more rivits:

I still find it astounding to put so much effort and time into this and still feel like I have made no progress at all!

Tomorrow it’s more rivits and onto re-detailing the feet

The beat equipment for Goblins, is more Goblins! 
   
Made in nz
Ork Boy Hangin' off a Trukk





More rivits today on the hull (no photos) and then I made a start to re-detail the underside of Terror-Watt and this cute stumpy legs:

I’m very happy with how the cog turned out and the extra detail on his left/weight bearing leg

The beat equipment for Goblins, is more Goblins! 
   
Made in gb
Homicidal Veteran Blood Angel Assault Marine






I’m not sure if term this project wee, quite the opposite! The work is stunning and just keeps getting more insane! It’s hard to keep up

Goberts Gubbins - P&M Blog, started with Oldhammer, often Blackstone Fortress and mini-Marines, Indomitus soon... hopefully! 
   
Made in nz
Ork Boy Hangin' off a Trukk





 gobert wrote:
I’m not sure if term this project wee, quite the opposite! The work is stunning and just keeps getting more insane! It’s hard to keep up
Thanks very much! The build is getting very close (relatively) to being finished!

More work today on the underside and left foot:

While there are lots of rivits, a good portion of them will be covered in dirt...

I’m loving going back to the very first portion of the build (the underside) and applying my developed skills to all the parts and making them look soooo much better, very gratifying!

The beat equipment for Goblins, is more Goblins! 
   
 
Forum Index » Dakka P&M Blogs
Go to: