Switch Theme:

GW Big Community Survey  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Platuan4th wrote:
Do people need Titanicus stuff? Because it's gathering dust where I am.


I do!!!

But seriously, they've not been supporting Titanicus in White Dwarf as much as they could have and the release of Doom of Molech is disappointing due to no Knight releases to coincide, save for the book itself and a pack of cards. The game itself is good but so far the enthusiasm for it has been met with more "don't count on it" than "something awesome this way comes!".

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in us
Dominating Dominatrix






Southeastern PA, USA

AT is finally starting to get some traction at my local store. What it took was me running a demo game for a couple guys. The models look amazing and the game plays great, so demos really help. It also helps when you break down how you can get started for less than the price of a grandmaster edition.

I think AT was a careful release because it has kind of a funny niche. It both has a higher cost of entry and requires more commitment (both gameplay and model prep) than BB/KT/NM etc. Meanwhile, it has less general appeal than big games like 40K and AoS. The careful release pace has probably held the game back in certain ways, but I don't see an infinite ceiling for AT either.

Overall, GW is probably getting it mostly right. The stuff just keeps selling out, and forums like the AT FB group are very active. It's not going to be the next big tournament game, nor is it something that's going to dominate the local store. But as a basement/occasional store/convention game, I think it'll do just fine.

My World Eaters Showcase
View my Genestealer Cult! Article - Gallery - Blog
Best Appearance - GW Baltimore GT 2008, Colonial GT 2012

DQ:70+S++++G+M++++B++I+Pw40k90#+D++A+++/fWD66R++T(Ot)DM+++

 
   
Made in us
VF-1S Valkyrie Squadron Commander





Mississippi

The more variety AT gets, the better position I believe it will be. Right now, the range consists of Warlord, Reaver, Warhound, Cerastus(?) Knight And Knight. Several people are holding back because it’s Imperial vs. not-Imperial-in-a-different-paint-scheme. If the line gets opened up with Xenos titans, true Chaos-warped titans and maybe the introduction of super heavy units, it should gain more traction.

It never ends well 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Stormonu wrote:
The more variety AT gets, the better position I believe it will be. Right now, the range consists of Warlord, Reaver, Warhound, Cerastus(?) Knight And Knight. Several people are holding back because it’s Imperial vs. not-Imperial-in-a-different-paint-scheme. If the line gets opened up with Xenos titans, true Chaos-warped titans and maybe the introduction of super heavy units, it should gain more traction.


Apparently some "inbetween" titans are in the works, along with more Knights. At this rate I wonder if they will see release as a "2nd Wave" in August, to mark the 1st Anniversary of the game's release...

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in us
Awesome Autarch





Dallas area, TX

SamusDrake wrote:
 Stormonu wrote:
The more variety AT gets, the better position I believe it will be. Right now, the range consists of Warlord, Reaver, Warhound, Cerastus(?) Knight And Knight. Several people are holding back because it’s Imperial vs. not-Imperial-in-a-different-paint-scheme. If the line gets opened up with Xenos titans, true Chaos-warped titans and maybe the introduction of super heavy units, it should gain more traction.


Apparently some "inbetween" titans are in the works, along with more Knights. At this rate I wonder if they will see release as a "2nd Wave" in August, to mark the 1st Anniversary of the game's release...
I might even bite it they release rules for Eldar WraithKnights. Currenty 40K scale WraithGuard are on point for Titanicus scale and it be SUPER easy to convert them with the right wargear (dual arm-mounted Wraithcannons, Sword/Sword and Cannon/Shield).

I've even contemplated getting the Titanicus Knight set of 3 and just use them with 40K rules against WraithGuard as WKs, translate "Inches" into "CMs" and play on a 4x4 board

-

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/04/26 19:21:52


   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




Been tempted to get the Eldar wraith models myself. The Wraithlord certainly looks the part.

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in us
Scarred Ultramarine Tyrannic War Veteran






IMO, Titanicus was DOA for two reasons.

1. It's set in the Horus Heresy. Which limits its scope.
2. It's not Epic. Which is what the original Titanicus evolved into. So this new Titanicus is, from a game evolution point of view, a step backwards.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/04/27 11:33:46


 
   
Made in fi
Dakka Veteran






 oni wrote:
IMO, Titanicus was DOA for two reasons.

1. It's set in the Horus Heresy. Which limits its scope.
2. It's not Epic. Which is what the original Titanicus evolved into. So this new Titanicus is, from a game evolution point of view, a step backwards.


It's hard to say something is dead on arrival if it has a thriving following and new releases almost sell out as fast as they are produced, though.

And it's not backwards, because they are different branches. Just like modern apes aren't backwards humans, they are evolutionarily different.

Heavily converted tall scaled 30k / 40k loyalist Death Guard blog here, C&C welcome https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/717557.page
Now with titans! Legio Favilla walks! 
   
Made in fi
Chaplain with Hate to Spare






 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 Crimson wrote:
They ask you whether you play the game X and you say 'yes', it gives you questions about that game, if you say 'no' it just moves forward.
I thought that's what the survey did, given I said "No" to AOS and it just moved on.

Indeed. But it might have been useful for them to know why you aren't interested in AOS and whether there's anything they can do to change that.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: