Switch Theme:

Warhammer 40,000 Conquest  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in ie
Regular Dakkanaut




Aeneades wrote:
Casualty wrote:
Was I supposed to get another battle mat with issue 41? I definitely didn't, but t's probably not worth the hassle of contacting Hachette for it.


I think it was from 39, the issue with the Plague Surgeon, issue 41 is just the first time you actually use the new mat in a mission as issues 39 and 40 still use the old mat.


Ahhh, okay. Cheers!
   
Made in gb
Ultramarine Librarian with Freaky Familiar





I'm confused, how does one cancel their Conquest Sub? Ring customer service? Email?

Moneys getting tight and I've gotten all that I really want out of Conquest for the time being. Need to get a gym membership.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/07/17 20:03:13


 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





I just told them on Facebook I would need to. They sorted it
   
Made in gb
Ultramarine Librarian with Freaky Familiar





I've emailed them.

Got a massive backlog already and thats just 20 or so issues.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/07/17 20:38:07


 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





I wanted to know when my next payment is due so tried to phone their CS i was on hold for ages and then got cut off, im not very impressed about that and will mention it next time i try, there was a recorded message saying there is a large number of calls at mo, i guess everyone is wondering what the hell is going on with their subs!
   
Made in gb
Violent Enforcer




Northern Ireland

My issues of 43-46 arrived on Monday. Given all the horror stories and wailing and nashing of teeth, it was a nice surprise!
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Shadow Captain Edithae wrote:
I've emailed them.

Got a massive backlog already and thats just 20 or so issues.


Yeah my backlog was about 30 issues when I cancelled (at Issue 30).
It’s just 9 more issues that I wanted anyway so I’ve ordered them all from FP.
I just get a single issue arrive every month to six weeks..
   
Made in gb
Ultramarine Librarian with Freaky Familiar





Danny76 wrote:
 Shadow Captain Edithae wrote:
I've emailed them.

Got a massive backlog already and thats just 20 or so issues.


Yeah my backlog was about 30 issues when I cancelled (at Issue 30).
It’s just 9 more issues that I wanted anyway so I’ve ordered them all from FP.
I just get a single issue arrive every month to six weeks..



I'm a late subscriber so they've been shipping me 5 issues a month.
   
Made in gb
Darkwolf



West Sussex, UK

Just picked up my latest batch from the post office! So far I have actually painted one issues worth of models (as I wanted to try out Contrast paints).
   
Made in gb
[SWAP SHOP MOD]
Pigeons in Flight






In my Austin Ambassador Y Reg

My only criticism of the series thus far is that the forces feel a little top heavy, the Primaris side especially. Combined with my Dark Imperium set, I now have way more HQ choices than I can fit in a legitimate force org.

=====Begin Dakka Geek Code=====
DC:80-S--G+MB+I+Pw40k95+D++A+++/sWD144R+T(S)DM+
======End Dakka Geek Code======

Click here for retro Nintendo reviews

My Project Logs:
30K Death Guard, 30K Imperial Fists

Completed Armies so far (click to view Army Profile):
 
   
Made in gb
Brainy Zoanthrope





London

Danny76 wrote:
They aren’t going to extend this. (In my opinion)
And wildly off the mark of them throwing in models that are new or popular as they will just sell as is. (Sisters etc.)
Shadowspear stuff maybe, as use out of those, particularly once full kits are out.
But bear in mind, they’d have to add stuff to both sides. And Death Guard is pretty much done now..

AoS is coming next for sure I think.
Stormcast and Nighthaunt, as they are the current starters.
That may have one or two Contrast in, depending when it was written and planned I guess..
(I could see it coming around Issue 60 of Conquest, at trial stage if they do that again..)


I dunno, I think there's enough stuff they could add to the Death Guard side. An actual DG squad box etc. But more importantly, they could expand into Nurgle Deamons.

The Transformers one just got a 20 issue extension I note.
   
Made in gb
Fighter Ace




England

Quick question on the Landspeeder coming with issue 47, which version of the model are we expecting. The original 3rd edition starter one (aka battle for veldros) or the newer version with the extra weapons.
I note the original poster for the collection shows an assault cannon on it, but the cover for the issue doesn't?

it's the quiet ones you have to look out for. Their the ones that change the world, the loud ones just take the credit for it. 
   
Made in au
Terrifying Doombull





Melbourne .au

Zustiur wrote:
Does anyone know what week we're up to in Australia? I've lost count.


This last week was #16

   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




 filbert wrote:
My only criticism of the series thus far is that the forces feel a little top heavy, the Primaris side especially. Combined with my Dark Imperium set, I now have way more HQ choices than I can fit in a legitimate force org.


I know what you mean, suspect this is all down to what models they had available in "easy to build" type ranges though.

not too bothered myself, it means there is plenty of variation in what you get and with basically all plastic characters for both sides except the two big ones away you go.

combined with DI here as well which I think actually helps in some cases, not entirely sure what to do with all the various marine officers though, the Lt models work ok as "chapter ancients" and champions though so not too bad.

falling behind on the painting here though as while I can just about keep up it means nothing else gets worked on
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka






Complaining there’s too many HQs when you add this to your existing collection is unfair. The target audience doesn’t have an existing collection.

The Marines will end up with three captains, two chaplains, three lieutenants and a Librarian, but there’s no duplicates, so it just means you’ve got more choice. Or you can just paint them for painting’s sake.
   
Made in gb
Guarding Guardian



Surrey

 Tamereth wrote:
Quick question on the Landspeeder coming with issue 47, which version of the model are we expecting. The original 3rd edition starter one (aka battle for veldros) or the newer version with the extra weapons.
I note the original poster for the collection shows an assault cannon on it, but the cover for the issue doesn't?


It has the Heavy Bolter, Multi Melta, Heavy Flamer, Assault Cannon and Typhoon Launcher.

Just picked it up.
   
Made in de
Drop Trooper with Demo Charge





Any news on wether or not GW has plans to also release Conquest in other countries in the future?
   
Made in gb
Steadfast Grey Hunter





They've released it in Spain and Australia I know for definitely as others have talked about on this thread
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

I'm pretty sure the main driver for releasing it in other countries is Hachette rather than GW (although they'd no doubt have to agree),

so as long as it keeps performing I'd expect it to appear wherever they do magazines, but probably not elsewhere

 
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Esmer wrote:
Any news on wether or not GW has plans to also release Conquest in other countries in the future?

The Conquest magazine is not a GW product. It's by Hachette. There was a testrun of the translated magazine for a short time in Germany. They sold the first issue in a few magazine shops in southern Germany and allowed people to order subscriptions (company in charge was Internationale Presse (Ip)). But before anything was delivered they sent out letters to subscribers that this was a test, it would be ended and no magazines would be sent. They let it open if there is going to be anything in the near future. Now the german website is gone. No idea what they are planning. I guess there wont be anything anytime soon. The english magazine can be bought in Germany though, there are some online sites offering this service, it costs a bit more because of the shipping.



A bit of info from back then when it was announced

https://www.magabotato.de/2019/03/warhammer-conquest/

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at 2019/07/23 12:22:18


 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

There was a long delay between the first UK tests (again in a small local region) and the full roll out of the magazine (I want to say about 6 months) so it wouldn't surprise me if Germany got them in a similar time frame

(especially since Hachette UK has finally dropped the earl y issues from their single issue ordering bit online which presumably means they're no longer going to be doing any more reprints of those issues so the GW manufacturing capacity which was being devoted to them will now be available for launches in other countries)

 
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





That would be great, fingers crossed
   
Made in us
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot




UK

 OrlandotheTechnicoloured wrote:
There was a long delay between the first UK tests (again in a small local region) and the full roll out of the magazine (I want to say about 6 months) so it wouldn't surprise me if Germany got them in a similar time frame

(especially since Hachette UK has finally dropped the earl y issues from their single issue ordering bit online which presumably means they're no longer going to be doing any more reprints of those issues so the GW manufacturing capacity which was being devoted to them will now be available for launches in other countries)


If anyone tries a new UK sub at present, the earliest option is to start at issue 19.

   
Made in de
Drop Trooper with Demo Charge





Warhams-77 wrote:
 Esmer wrote:
Any news on wether or not GW has plans to also release Conquest in other countries in the future?

The Conquest magazine is not a GW product. It's by Hachette. There was a testrun of the translated magazine for a short time in Germany. They sold the first issue in a few magazine shops in southern Germany and allowed people to order subscriptions (company in charge was Internationale Presse (Ip)). But before anything was delivered they sent out letters to subscribers that this was a test, it would be ended and no magazines would be sent. They let it open if there is going to be anything in the near future. Now the german website is gone. No idea what they are planning. I guess there wont be anything anytime soon. The english magazine can be bought in Germany though, there are some online sites offering this service, it costs a bit more because of the shipping.



A bit of info from back then when it was announced

https://www.magabotato.de/2019/03/warhammer-conquest/


Thanks, very informative. That sounds like rather shady business, I'd probably be very frustrated if I ordered a sub only to be told that it was actually just a test run after already having received the first couple of issues.
   
Made in gb
Council of 13 Runner Up






Forbidden Planet stock it (https://forbiddenplanet.com/274652-warhammer-40k-conquest-figurine-collection-46/)

Was in there yesterday topping up my 2000AD collection, and nearly snaffled three Primaris Chaplains to be sold on to fellow Looters. But I declined in the end.

This week's issue is the basic Landspeeder (HB or MM option), which isn't bad for £7.99.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives?Why not join us?

 
   
Made in us
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot




UK

 Esmer wrote:
Warhams-77 wrote:
 Esmer wrote:
Any news on wether or not GW has plans to also release Conquest in other countries in the future?

The Conquest magazine is not a GW product. It's by Hachette. There was a testrun of the translated magazine for a short time in Germany. They sold the first issue in a few magazine shops in southern Germany and allowed people to order subscriptions (company in charge was Internationale Presse (Ip)). But before anything was delivered they sent out letters to subscribers that this was a test, it would be ended and no magazines would be sent. They let it open if there is going to be anything in the near future. Now the german website is gone. No idea what they are planning. I guess there wont be anything anytime soon. The english magazine can be bought in Germany though, there are some online sites offering this service, it costs a bit more because of the shipping.



A bit of info from back then when it was announced

https://www.magabotato.de/2019/03/warhammer-conquest/


Thanks, very informative. That sounds like rather shady business, I'd probably be very frustrated if I ordered a sub only to be told that it was actually just a test run after already having received the first couple of issues.


For the UK test run, I never received any issues when I subscribed.

I received an email telling me that it was a trial and no issues would be sent until the main launch at a later date. As a thank you for being an attempted subscriber, my first three issues should I continue with the main launch would be free.

Short version, no one who subbed at the UK trial received any issues or were charged any money.

   
Made in gb
Deadshot Weapon Moderati





alphaecho wrote:


For the UK test run, I never received any issues when I subscribed.

I received an email telling me that it was a trial and no issues would be sent until the main launch at a later date. As a thank you for being an attempted subscriber, my first three issues should I continue with the main launch would be free.

Short version, no one who subbed at the UK trial received any issues or were charged any money.

In the UK we got the first two (I think) free and the next two for half price iirc.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





JWBS wrote:
alphaecho wrote:


For the UK test run, I never received any issues when I subscribed.

I received an email telling me that it was a trial and no issues would be sent until the main launch at a later date. As a thank you for being an attempted subscriber, my first three issues should I continue with the main launch would be free.

Short version, no one who subbed at the UK trial received any issues or were charged any money.

In the UK we got the first two (I think) free and the next two for half price iirc.


No I got 1, 2 & 3 free.
Though for what it matters that’s the same difference. As 3 & 4 were both at full price by then, so you basically just had to pay £8 for the whole first month.


Also, going further up, there’s nothing really shady about the trial.
And it will get full release soon without a doubt..
   
Made in gb
Been Around the Block




 Esmer wrote:
Thanks, very informative. That sounds like rather shady business, I'd probably be very frustrated if I ordered a sub only to be told that it was actually just a test run after already having received the first couple of issues.


It's standard practice for partworks, I've done loads of trials (knowing they were trials) so I could see what the mag\parts were like, if you subscribe you may or may not get the magazines (think it depends on stock) but you wont be charged and sometimes get a special offer when the full run starts.

Bit more annoying if you buy it from a shop, but real-world trials are done in limited areas and you generally get an option to get a refund or free issues when the full run starts.
   
Made in gb
Council of 13 Runner Up






Update.

I was wrong. It's the full Landspeeder Kit. Rocket pods, Assault Canon, Heavy Flamer, Heavy Bolter and Multi-melta.

Not bad for £7.99.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives?Why not join us?

 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: