Switch Theme:

Warhammer Fest Online, finished!  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in be
Longtime Dakkanaut





I honestly like the teaser at the end about the fimirs I mean let's say "greenskins"

It really sounds like an AoS nursery rhyme.
   
Made in gb
Executing Exarch






chaos0xomega wrote:
 Ordana wrote:
 Mr Morden wrote:
Love that they are using the Total War soundtrack.

Total War AOS would be rather awesome
I have a tiny bit of hope that they do Total War AoS after they are done with DLC for Total Warhammer 3.


Let me destroy that hope for you: Frontier Development (developers of Elite: Dangerous) have the exclusive license to non-mobile Age of Sigmar RTS games.


Im glad.

I think AOS would just not lend itself as a total war game. WHTW3 is going to be a stretch as it is. Less of a total war game and more of an arcade style RTS.

Rome TW remastered has really brought back what I liked about OG TW games. Manoeuvring and planning over microing.
Hero/monster hammer doom stacking is one of the least appealing things of WHTW2 as a total war game. Flanking and manoeuvring is irrelevant when you got mamoths smashing up against dragons lol.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/772746.page#10378083 - My progress/failblog painting blog thingy

Eldar- 4436 pts


AngryAngel80 wrote:
I don't know, when I see awesome rules, I'm like " Baby, your rules looking so fine. Maybe I gotta add you to my first strike battalion eh ? "


 Eonfuzz wrote:


I would much rather everyone have a half ass than no ass.


"A warrior does not seek fame and honour. They come to him as he humbly follows his path"  
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





 His Master's Voice wrote:
 zend wrote:
I really like that Stormcast lady as is, but I’m quite happy to have found the base for my Sisters of Battle Saint. I don’t like Celestine’s robo wings and I was struggling to find feathered wings that could fit her.


Funny, I'll be replacing the feathered wings with mechanical ones on mine.

 CMLR wrote:
They might, literally half of the new Thunder Force Armoured Sigmarines have boobplate armor, look closely: they are the golden and black coloured ones.


I mean, you don't have to look for boobplate. The female Stormcasts have noticeably different body proportions.


Different strokes for different folk! I love the Celestine piece that Karl Kopinski did back in like 3rd edition and I’m not having my Saints any other way

Also why is there pushback on female Stormcast? I understand not liking the first couple they did because the helmetless head sculpts were atrocious, but these look fine.
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Armpit of NY

 zend wrote:
 His Master's Voice wrote:
 zend wrote:
I really like that Stormcast lady as is, but I’m quite happy to have found the base for my Sisters of Battle Saint. I don’t like Celestine’s robo wings and I was struggling to find feathered wings that could fit her.


Funny, I'll be replacing the feathered wings with mechanical ones on mine.

 CMLR wrote:
They might, literally half of the new Thunder Force Armoured Sigmarines have boobplate armor, look closely: they are the golden and black coloured ones.


I mean, you don't have to look for boobplate. The female Stormcasts have noticeably different body proportions.


Different strokes for different folk! I love the Celestine piece that Karl Kopinski did back in like 3rd edition and I’m not having my Saints any other way

Also why is there pushback on female Stormcast? I understand not liking the first couple they did because the helmetless head sculpts were atrocious, but these look fine.


That is the way of the universe. People complained about the original AoS being all male. Some female models appear, people complain about that. It’s the natural way of things - someone is always unhappy with what GW does. I think the whole week was Warhammer Snoozefest 21. But I will still likely pick up AoS 3.0. I’m interested, but hardly excited by it.
   
Made in us
Cold-Blooded Saurus Warrior




Xalapa, Veracruz

 Ordana wrote:
 Mr Morden wrote:
Love that they are using the Total War soundtrack.

Total War AOS would be rather awesome
I have a tiny bit of hope that they do Total War AoS after they are done with DLC for Total Warhammer 3.


There won't be won't. AoS RTS is already on the making by Frontier.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 ImAGeek wrote:

Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Mr Morden wrote:
Could be Greywater Fastness - fits the description and there are both Skaven and angry malvolent Sylvaneth nearby


From the stream they said it’s set in Ghur.


Ghur has more biomes than just deserts and badlands.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/05/08 18:55:00


 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 CMLR wrote:
 Ordana wrote:
 Mr Morden wrote:
Love that they are using the Total War soundtrack.

Total War AOS would be rather awesome
I have a tiny bit of hope that they do Total War AoS after they are done with DLC for Total Warhammer 3.


There won't be won't. AoS RTS is already on the making by Frontier.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 ImAGeek wrote:

Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Mr Morden wrote:
Could be Greywater Fastness - fits the description and there are both Skaven and angry malvolent Sylvaneth nearby


From the stream they said it’s set in Ghur.


Ghur has more biomes than just deserts and badlands.


Sure, but Greywater Fastness isn’t in Ghur...
   
Made in us
Cold-Blooded Saurus Warrior




Xalapa, Veracruz

 His Master's Voice wrote:
 CMLR wrote:
They might, literally half of the new Thunder Force Armoured Sigmarines have boobplate armor, look closely: they are the golden and black coloured ones.


I mean, you don't have to look for boobplate. The female Stormcasts have noticeably different body proportions.


From the four show, no, they do not, and besides, there is no "gender neutral" armor: either you have boob armor or XBOXHUEGPECS armor.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 ImAGeek wrote:
 CMLR wrote:


From the stream they said it’s set in Ghur.


Ghur has more biomes than just deserts and badlands.


Sure, but Greywater Fastness isn’t in Ghur...


Didn't say this was Greywater...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/05/08 19:02:05


 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

But the comment I was replying to did?
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut






 CMLR wrote:
From the four show, no, they do not


The male SC are significantly bulkier. I'm not sure how that's debatable, given the visual evidence.
   
Made in us
Cold-Blooded Saurus Warrior




Xalapa, Veracruz

 ImAGeek wrote:
But the comment I was replying to did?


Then why are you quoting me?

 zend wrote:


Different strokes for different folk! I love the Celestine piece that Karl Kopinski did back in like 3rd edition and I’m not having my Saints any other way

Also why is there pushback on female Stormcast? I understand not liking the first couple they did because the helmetless head sculpts were atrocious, but these look fine.


I liked that they stablished that there were females since the start, but didn't minded that all the models were male; my problem is the fact that they have boob armor and how do they look alongside the epic pecs armor of the male ones.
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 CMLR wrote:
 ImAGeek wrote:
But the comment I was replying to did?


Then why are you quoting me?

 zend wrote:


Different strokes for different folk! I love the Celestine piece that Karl Kopinski did back in like 3rd edition and I’m not having my Saints any other way

Also why is there pushback on female Stormcast? I understand not liking the first couple they did because the helmetless head sculpts were atrocious, but these look fine.


I liked that they stablished that there were females since the start, but didn't minded that all the models were male; my problem is the fact that they have boob armor and how do they look alongside the epic pecs armor of the male ones.


Mate, you quoted me first. What is going on.
   
Made in us
Cold-Blooded Saurus Warrior




Xalapa, Veracruz

 His Master's Voice wrote:
 CMLR wrote:
From the four show, no, they do not


The male SC are significantly bulkier. I'm not sure how that's debatable, given the visual evidence.


Because the visual evidence is exactly the chest piece. The piece that contains the boob armor. The legs are exactly the same.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




Stormcasts have been out for HOW long and they're already getting a Primaris treatment?

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in de
Dakka Veteran





 zend wrote:

Also why is there pushback on female Stormcast? I understand not liking the first couple they did because the helmetless head sculpts were atrocious, but these look fine.


It's likely not female stormcast in particular, but the influx of female models in Warhammer in general. The topic is a difficult one to discuss for several reasons (which you are likely aware of), but I'll give you my honest take.

Women in the context of combat are inherently unintuitive to me. Yes, Warhammer and AoS are super high fantasy and it's not that female warriors are implausible within the setting, but the ratio is still something to consider. Making 2 out of 10 warriors female sounds about right to me, but even that should be optional.
In my mind, Warhammer is still a derivate of our medieval past, so seeing women participate in warfare to a higher degree than that just doesn't work for me. It's my personal perspective and a biased one at that, but it's not something I can just ignore.

Secondly, there are clear indications that this trend is, at least to some degree, politically motivated. Representation for the sake of representation is a concept I have yet to understand – maybe nobody ever properly explained it to me – and in my case it happens to change whatever I enjoy to its detriment.

Thirdly, this particular issue tends to be discussed with moral grandstanding, self-righteousness and outright unwillingness to consider the other side of the argument. I acknowledge that many people are happy with more female miniatures and I'm not saying that I am right or they are wrong – it's a matter of taste. Being branded as someone who hates women will make me very angry, though, which is why I tend to respond in kind whenever I'm confronted with this accusation. Now, take all of this and consider that it's mostly happening in online spaces where discussion tends to ignore normal conventions anyway, and it's suddenly very clear why discussions are often unneccessarily charged.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut








Does anyone actually think GW made female Stormcasts with noticeably different proportions and then ditched that idea for the new, improved take? Because unisex Cadians are so popular I guess?
   
Made in gb
Wise Ethereal with Bodyguard







So they have given Stormcasts soulstounes to protect them from Slaanesh (or whoever). I suppose version 4 of AOS and version 10 of 40k will just be the same game? I mean you could use your fantasy models in Rogue Trader, so I guess it comes full circle

Please excuse any spelling errors. I use a tablet frequently and software keyboards are a pain!

Terranwing - w3;d1;l1
51st Dunedinw2;d0;l0
Cadre Coronal Afterglow w1;d0;l0 
   
Made in gb
Sword-Bearing Inquisitorial Crusader






 BertBert wrote:
 zend wrote:

Also why is there pushback on female Stormcast? I understand not liking the first couple they did because the helmetless head sculpts were atrocious, but these look fine.


It's likely not female stormcast in particular, but the influx of female models in Warhammer in general. The topic is a difficult one to discuss for several reasons (which you are likely aware of), but I'll give you my honest take.

Women in the context of combat are inherently unintuitive to me. Yes, Warhammer and AoS are super high fantasy and it's not that female warriors are implausible within the setting, but the ratio is still something to consider. Making 2 out of 10 warriors female sounds about right to me, but even that should be optional.
In my mind, Warhammer is still a derivate of our medieval past, so seeing women participate in warfare to a higher degree than that just doesn't work for me. It's my personal perspective and a biased one at that, but it's not something I can just ignore.

Secondly, there are clear indications that this trend is, at least to some degree, politically motivated. Representation for the sake of representation is a concept I have yet to understand – maybe nobody ever properly explained it to me – and in my case it happens to change whatever I enjoy to its detriment.

Thirdly, this particular issue tends to be discussed with moral grandstanding, self-righteousness and outright unwillingness to consider the other side of the argument. I acknowledge that many people are happy with more female miniatures and I'm not saying that I am right or they are wrong – it's a matter of taste. Being branded as someone who hates women will make me very angry, though, which is why I tend to respond in kind whenever I'm confronted with this accusation. Now, take all of this and consider that it's mostly happening in online spaces where discussion tends to ignore normal conventions anyway, and it's suddenly very clear why discussions are often unneccessarily charged.


That’s got to be the most reasonable answer to a question, I’ve seen on the internet for years. I disagree with half of what you’ve said, but utterly respect the way you’ve expressed it.
   
Made in ca
Enginseer with a Wrench






 His Master's Voice wrote:


Does anyone actually think GW made female Stormcasts with noticeably different proportions and then ditched that idea for the new, improved take? Because unisex Cadians are so popular I guess?


Ironically the easiest way to tell the difference is the chest, men have cleavage moulded into the armor. Women don't.
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

The female Stormcast do have noticeably different proportions.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Richmond, VA

 ImAGeek wrote:
The female Stormcast do have noticeably different proportions.


Definitely. No question.
   
Made in gb
Infiltrating Broodlord





England

Female stromcast models were already slimmer and very slightly shorter than the male ones.

Having improved the overall proportions with these new SCE I think the difference is more visible.

The females they have shown are slimmer overall - their legs are thinner for one thing.

 Nostromodamus wrote:
Please don’t necro to ask if there’s been any news.
 
   
Made in ca
Enginseer with a Wrench






 Souleater wrote:
Female stromcast models were already slimmer and very slightly shorter than the male ones.

Having improved the overall proportions with these new SCE I think the difference is more visible.

The females they have shown are slimmer overall - their legs are thinner for one thing.


The helmets are also a little slimmer and softer.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Honestly, I'm very happy with the new stormcast. I've always preferred the thinner armor, which is why I liked the Vanguard(?) models. But even then, I never got any since the paper thin cloaks they all wore never looked right. But these guys and gals are something I'll keep an eye on.

Not big on the big guy though.
   
Made in us
Cold-Blooded Saurus Warrior




Xalapa, Veracruz

 Scottywan82 wrote:
 ImAGeek wrote:
The female Stormcast do have noticeably different proportions.


Definitely. No question.


Yes, the chest piece.

 Souleater wrote:
Female stromcast models were already slimmer and very slightly shorter than the male ones.

Having improved the overall proportions with these new SCE I think the difference is more visible.

The females they have shown are slimmer overall - their legs are thinner for one thing.


For the few female exclusive models. Multi-part kits, like this will be, will have shared legs for everyone.
   
Made in gb
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General




We'll find out soon enough eh.

Well, that's unexpected - I quite like 'em. The spear chappies that is.

The changes from the previous types of Stormcast are all pretty small individually but in aggregate it makes for a quite substantial improvement to my eye - these look more like "heroic scale" versions of those skinny-baroque Blanche concept pieces than the lumbering chonky "Land Marine" versions of yore.

I'll be interested to see if there are some character models and alternate unit types with the same basic style of armour.

I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in us
Confessor Of Sins




chaos0xomega wrote:
Carlovonsexron wrote:
grahamdbailey wrote:
Bog, míre & fen all mentioned. Fimir are returning to AoS!



Automatically Appended Next Post:
*hpwever* as they say new "breed" of evil I somewhat suspect skaven. Which to those who love skaven, great. I'll buy some of those storm casts off you


I mean, Fimir are kind of notorious/infamous for their old fluff about how they breed and reproduce....

ERJAK wrote:
 Nostromodamus wrote:
So glad we got an unnecessary new edition with yet more sigmarines instead of something like Epic or BFG


The new edition is VERY necessary. Sigmar is pretty garbage at the moment.


Sigmar is pretty awesome at the moment, I think its generally in a better place than 40k is. Not sure why you would think otherwise.



Because if you play competitively almost every viable army in the game is shooting based now (even DoK and Slaanesh function best as pure shooting armies.) And 3 factions are significantly more powerful than the rest of a the field to a degree that make current drukari blush.

It has a lower floor than 40k does so it's generally better for casual and friendly play but competitively it's a shadow of what it was a year to a year and a half ago.

2500pts
2500
3000


 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Representation for the sake of representation is a concept I have yet to understand

I agree! I am so sick of all this pointless male representation in gaming. Everyone knows only nerds play tabletop, so why all the male bodies in plastic form?

As to "primaris" stormcast, I thought we already did that with Sacrosanct, being better in every way than the basic warrior chamber stormcast?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/05/08 19:45:36


 
   
Made in us
Legendary Master of the Chapter





Chicago, Illinois

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
Stormcasts have been out for HOW long and they're already getting a Primaris treatment?


More of a redesign, they are basically just giving them better armor? Thats about it. Nothing really 'primaris' about it. They are having issues return to Azyr. Thats really it? Not really a 'primaris' comparision here, people need to stop with the comparisons its just a new chamber.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut








I think its pretty obvious the new starter set is stormcast vs Daemon Squirrels
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Richmond, VA

Cronch wrote:
Representation for the sake of representation is a concept I have yet to understand

I agree! I am so sick of all this pointless male representation in gaming. Everyone knows only nerds play tabletop, so why all the male bodies in plastic form?

Hard agree. It's ridiculous.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: