Switch Theme:

The Ongoing Mierce Miniatures Darklands New & Rumors Thread  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Battle-tested Knight Castellan Pilot





meh. The stuff you've been waiting years for, might be done within another year. Fingers crossed.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





Oh, for sure. I was expecting them in fall at the earliest.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[.]






.

I'm waiting on a lot of resin stuff and quite possibly literally a ton of metal stuff too...

   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK



Pre-Order the Norse King! He'll never be offered at this price again!

We've got another superb monster-riding king for you in the spring of 2020, fellow Miercenaries! The incredible Ingjald Ill-Ruler, Kónungr of the Skilfings on Foot and on Hrossíthír is yours for just £50, saving you £35 from its eventual RRP, £84.99.

You'd better be quick though, because there's just a few days left: if you don't order him before midnight (GMT) on Monday the 10th of February 2020, you'll never be able to purchase him at this price again as any future offers will be a little more expensive, in the same vein as Cadwaladr. He'll never be part of a 2 for 1 deal, either!

 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[.]






.

Argh!

Seriously tempted, as I'm a sucker for all things Hippogriff/Griffon...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/02/04 19:20:09


   
Made in us
Experienced Saurus Scar-Veteran





California the Southern

That Norse discount is quite tempting too.

I was REALLY impressed with the 3d sculpted norse guys. So much nicer and beefier- not to detract from the quality of the original sculpts in any way, but these new guys are the kind of heroic looking models I want in a skirmish game. The details are so much more impressive.

-and this is from someone who isn't even a fan of Vikings!

Poorly lit photos of my ever- growing collection of completely unrelated models!

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/627383.page#7436324.html
Watch and listen to me ramble about these minis before ruining them with paint!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCB2mWIxhYF8Q36d2Am_2A 
   
Made in gb
Executing Exarch






 Boss Salvage wrote:
Dragon again because page rollover:Great design, that's probably my favorite dragon muzzle look, as seen on the classic Confrontation Aarklash Titan Dragon

Congrats to Mierce for completing their Biggest Dragon, ala Heresy's and GW's (Smaug), etc


Gahhh…. I so want one!

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/772746.page#10378083 - My progress/failblog painting blog thingy

Eldar- 4436 pts


AngryAngel80 wrote:
I don't know, when I see awesome rules, I'm like " Baby, your rules looking so fine. Maybe I gotta add you to my first strike battalion eh ? "
 
   
Made in fr
Fresh-Faced New User




Don't forget the free alternative eagle head for the Hippogriff ! Much better for me


   
Made in us
[DCM]
[.]






.

veyron44 wrote:
Don't forget the free alternative eagle head for the Hippogriff ! Much better for me




Pic not working - got a different link?

   
Made in us
Enigmatic Exalted Daemon





Albany, NY

Here you go:



Bizarrely I couldn't find this on the Mierce site and had to rehost the email image

KOW BATREPS: BLOODFIRE
INSTAGRAM: @boss_salvage 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[.]






.

The 'alternate eagle head' is included?

   
Made in us
Enigmatic Exalted Daemon





Albany, NY

Yep! The different versions in the Mierce store list this under contents:

1x Hrossíthír eagle head option

KOW BATREPS: BLOODFIRE
INSTAGRAM: @boss_salvage 
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




isn't that an eagle head in the picture? I wonder what the other head is, if it is a raven that would be awesome since they are norse.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Ok, I am blind, I never noticed that is exactly what it is. I didn't notice the difference in the pictures and thought it was just an eagle head the whole time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/02/05 20:25:09


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Houston, TX



OK Mierce, ya got me.

What other Norse units been resculpted to the new scale? The Holumenn seem done but what about Rollo, Knutr, etc?
   
Made in au
Regular Dakkanaut





 OrlandotheTechnicoloured wrote:


Pre-Order the Norse King! He'll never be offered at this price again!

We've got another superb monster-riding king for you in the spring of 2020, fellow Miercenaries! The incredible Ingjald Ill-Ruler, Kónungr of the Skilfings on Foot and on Hrossíthír is yours for just £50, saving you £35 from its eventual RRP, £84.99.

You'd better be quick though, because there's just a few days left: if you don't order him before midnight (GMT) on Monday the 10th of February 2020, you'll never be able to purchase him at this price again as any future offers will be a little more expensive, in the same vein as Cadwaladr. He'll never be part of a 2 for 1 deal, either!

Or just wait for the inevitable 30% off, BOGOF or other discount that will make this early purchase discount seem redundant.
Come on guys, does no one learn from the past several years of Mierce business practices?
"Never to be seen at this price again"
Offers massive discounts.
"Limited edition never to be made available again"
Made available to everyone.
Save your money in your account earning interest, and buy many months down the track when it is AVAILABLE, ON THE NEXT DISCOUNT OFFER.


   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Houston, TX

yxalitis wrote:
 OrlandotheTechnicoloured wrote:


Pre-Order the Norse King! He'll never be offered at this price again!

We've got another superb monster-riding king for you in the spring of 2020, fellow Miercenaries! The incredible Ingjald Ill-Ruler, Kónungr of the Skilfings on Foot and on Hrossíthír is yours for just £50, saving you £35 from its eventual RRP, £84.99.

You'd better be quick though, because there's just a few days left: if you don't order him before midnight (GMT) on Monday the 10th of February 2020, you'll never be able to purchase him at this price again as any future offers will be a little more expensive, in the same vein as Cadwaladr. He'll never be part of a 2 for 1 deal, either!

Or just wait for the inevitable 30% off, BOGOF or other discount that will make this early purchase discount seem redundant.
Come on guys, does no one learn from the past several years of Mierce business practices?
"Never to be seen at this price again"
Offers massive discounts.
"Limited edition never to be made available again" AVAILABLE, ON THE NEXT DISCOUNT OFFER.

Made available to everyone.
Save your money in your account earning interest, and buy many months down the track when it is



Eh, it's about 50% off now with the guy included, so its a wash. I know you're pissed about your delayed items (i'm in the same boat), but this is how they keep the lights on now. Unless you just want to watch it burn, if you want to one day get the rest of your stuff, it's probably better if some people but it...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/02/10 06:21:38


 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK


Mierce MiniaturesCreator


A short update on metals.


The machinery is set up on site (although I do need a bigger ladle / furnace at some point soon) and after speaking to the mould-makers yesterday we are good to go.


It will take some time to get everything sorted but I am confident we should be able to clear the metals backlog in 2020.


First up: Reiver Hunters, Kaarstan and Maari; they have the biggest numbers waiting. Plus the new Itaina. So we should be shipping those in March.

Next month will be the Sávrakar (April shipment), then Holumenn/Bowmen (May), then Werwulfas (June), then Toxotes/Iliotoxotes (July), Spear-Vras (August)... you get the picture.

It may not be totally set in stone, it all depends on promises kept, etc., but I am fairly certain. We'll be chucking in characters from the units' kindred, and I'll try to ensure new things get metals immediately, the same time as the release date.


We do always get there in the end...


bit more progress

 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[.]






.

I want to believe!

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Houston, TX

I REALLY hope they cut the molds differently this time. It was insane to have the friggin horns separate on the gabrax and drune.
   
Made in us
Enigmatic Exalted Daemon





Albany, NY

STRAP IN
The half price nobles proved very popular with everyone, so much so that we had requests for a lot of other miniatures too. So here's an offer to get any monstrous infantry units and warriors at HALF PRICE - but there's two conditions. One, we're only offering FIVE of each miniature at this price, and two, you've only got a few days to take advantage as it ends at midnight (GMT) Monday the 9th of March 2020, just a few days away!

https://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=cat&cre=off-hpm

Creepily was just talking to my brother about how I'm too fancy for GeeDub and just buy boutique resin these days ........

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2020/03/04 15:43:15


KOW BATREPS: BLOODFIRE
INSTAGRAM: @boss_salvage 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[.]






.

I'm kind of surprised that:

1) Mierce hasn't made much headway on the huge backlog of miniatures they owe me

and

2) Mierce hasn't run a Kickstarter for miniatures since...Jan 2018?!?

and because of that:

3) Why hadn't Mierce made much headway on the huge backlog of miniatures they owe me?!?

Yes, some of it is "because metals", but I've got a fair amount of resin on there too.

But at the same time, to the best of my knowledge, some of these miniatures haven't even been sculpted yet!

Yes, I'm thinking of the Mallax, but there's a lot more too.

So sad - and possibly entering 'tears in rain' territory soon too, if not already there!

   
Made in ca
[MOD]
Dankhold Troggoth






Shadeglass Maze

 Boss Salvage wrote:
Creepily was just talking to my brother about how I'm too fancy for GeeDub and just buy boutique resin these days ........

Lol, I can so relate . And Mierce have always been the best major source for this...
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

 Alpharius wrote:
I'm kind of surprised that:

1) Mierce hasn't made much headway on the huge backlog of miniatures they owe me

and

2) Mierce hasn't run a Kickstarter for miniatures since...Jan 2018?!?

and because of that:

3) Why hadn't Mierce made much headway on the huge backlog of miniatures they owe me?!?

Yes, some of it is "because metals", but I've got a fair amount of resin on there too.

But at the same time, to the best of my knowledge, some of these miniatures haven't even been sculpted yet!

Yes, I'm thinking of the Mallax, but there's a lot more too.

So sad - and possibly entering 'tears in rain' territory soon too, if not already there!


they've not run a KS because the community was getting burned out with things slipping more and more (and ordering less and less from the KS as they knew they could wait until stuff was sculpted and just grab it then)… Rob has said no more KS until they're up to date

so now they're dependant on retail sales (and sales to generate them) and that's slow going, but it is going as you do see folk posting about stuff being delivered from the KS backlog (I'm waiting for a big chunk of stuff myself although a lot of it is metal now)

and because a fair number of customers are also KS backers they've got to sculpt new stuff outside of the KS to get them to shop (because they got the KS stuff at the time, or preordered it later when sculpts were shown) and that means the KS stuff takes even longer to sculpt, mould, cast etc

I'm still fairly confident we'll get the goodies, but on what time scale? I'll wait and see

 
   
Made in gb
Battle-tested Knight Castellan Pilot





That sounds pretty awful to be fair. For the KS buyers, I mean. And it doesn't seem to make much sense either. They need to make new stuff to sell to the people that have backed the KS? The same people that are waiting on KS product are also willing to buy new non-KS stuff that gets priority over theor already purchased KS stuff? Sounds a bit backwards (this coming from someone who dropped out after KS6ish. I can imagine I'd be a bit annoyed if I'd stayed in until KS20 and was still waiting for stuff from KS10).
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

they're selling to other people too of course, but those of us who backed many of the KS projects are those that really like the look and feel of the minis &/or the game etc so are likely to remain customers

so most 'new' things they release will appeal to us KS backers(they're not going to be making stuff that's inherently for a different customer base)

now i'm sure some have stopped buying entirely, or cut down (like me, if something new comes along I want i'll go for it but i'm getting less than from the KS), but as long is it's new content people want I don't see it as a bad thing that some of the profit that's being made from them is going into fulfilling their old KS stuff

 
   
Made in us
Shrieking Traitor Sentinel Pilot




Burbank, CA

It is too bad that it's gotten to the point that they need to sculpt the new models to keep things going, but it beats them going under while trying to finish what they can of the KS backlog with what money they have. At least in doing the new models along side finishing the backlog, they have something fresh to offer the original fans, while also providing the finished KS stuff to new fans, as it's released. I've seen a lot of smaller mini companies like mierce go under in the last few years, and the market is really tough, now that GW has righted itself after the terrible AoS launch, and is moving forward stronger than ever. If Mierce is able to both finish the backlog, and still provide new content (even if it is slower than most would like), that ultimately keeps the company valid. For them to not just try to launch another KS (their last KS in 2018 had no miniatures in it BTW), or give up and go belly up, is good. Still... I want's them MAMMAX!!!

, , , , , , ,

 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

on a more cheerful note the LE salute mini for this year will be


MEK-QAANO, DESTROYER OF WORLDS

Concept Art by Des Hanley



being worked on by Allan Carrasco

(and yes I shall be getting him with any luck)

 
   
Made in gb
Executing Exarch






Well.. it took a long time... But I finaly dipped my toe into mierce minatures!!! The half price monstrous infantry was a good bargain so thought Id hand over my £20 and get some resin goodness .


I got one of the crouching werefolfs and the Xes, Pyrokolossos Dekarcho

Looking forward to these painting projects.
Giving them a chance to see how good their minis are.

If they ever do a sale on big mosters/dragons I think I might get a credit card just take the hit...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/03/05 01:16:05


https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/772746.page#10378083 - My progress/failblog painting blog thingy

Eldar- 4436 pts


AngryAngel80 wrote:
I don't know, when I see awesome rules, I'm like " Baby, your rules looking so fine. Maybe I gotta add you to my first strike battalion eh ? "
 
   
Made in ca
Experienced Saurus Scar-Veteran





California the Southern

There's been sales on the big stuff before, and I'm sure there will be again.

I've enjoyed a lot of the post KS models they've released, even if a few were just resculpts of existing models (but made the lines more unified in design).

Poorly lit photos of my ever- growing collection of completely unrelated models!

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/627383.page#7436324.html
Watch and listen to me ramble about these minis before ruining them with paint!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCB2mWIxhYF8Q36d2Am_2A 
   
Made in us
Enigmatic Exalted Daemon





Albany, NY

 Argive wrote:
If they ever do a sale on big mosters/dragons I think I might get a credit card just take the hit...
Congrats on your Mierce! And yea, best buckle up, they do sales throughout the year, including BOGO monsters in the summer and a blanket X% off around Black Friday. I could really use a monster sale right now, need an Encrusted Thuulac to go with the clean one I painted a couple weeks back:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/03/05 14:09:11


KOW BATREPS: BLOODFIRE
INSTAGRAM: @boss_salvage 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: