Switch Theme:

8th Ed. Grey Knight Tactica Discussion - Mathhammer (Data To be Revised)  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Guarded Grey Knight Terminator






I've actually got a nice little psychic bomb I like and used for a while. It's a bro-capt (I even use stern here) with purge soul and ancient with banner of flame. They both teleport strike and start dealing mortal wounds. Banner of flame+purge soul (with+1 leadership from banner)+smite (if stern). I've had these two swing games.

Not uncommon for them to wipe squads. I don't built a list without them.


"Glory in our suffering, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope"
-Paul of Tarsus

If my post seems goofy, assume I am posting from my phone and the autocorrect elf in my phone is drunk again 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





I'm not sure why a Brother Captain is 5 points more than Brother Captain Stern, when Stern can cast two powers while the regular BC can only cast 1. X_X Do you think it's because the regular one is a better platform for special weapons?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2019/11/15 05:09:32


 
   
Made in us
Shas'o Commanding the Hunter Kadre




Olympia, WA

Fun battle report, if you have Facebook and can view it: https://www.facebook.com/groups/185402052000929/permalink/584798665394597/

Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

7th Ambassadorial Grand Tournament Registration: http://40kambassadors.com/register.php 
   
Made in us
Journeyman Inquisitor with Visions of the Warp






Dimmamar

The new Inquisition is, overall, a disappointment. No DCA, no Crusaders, no fun grenades. Jokaeros are a single model unit, although they are only 18pts.

However, you can slot a single Inquisitor into your list and it doesn’t break CT or battle-forged.
For 1CP, after an enemy Character is destroyed within 3” of your Inquisition unit, gain d3 CP, and all enemy Ld is -1 for the remainder of the battle.
You can also spend 1CP pre-game to give that Inquisitor a WL trait (if he isn’t your WL) and a relic (if he isn’t a named character already).
Coteaz is 90pts, his trait is, “Know and cast an extra power; deny an extra time.” He can base cast 2 deny 1. His special ability is “One time, make an opponent’s strat cost an additional CP, or else it can’t be played.” He gets reroll hits and wounds against CHAOS and DAEMON. For 1CP, he can give another unit reroll hits of 1 against those targets.
Eisenhorn+Daemonhost is 105pts, his trait is, “Once per round, reroll one of the following: hit, wound, damage, save, Psychic, or DtW.” He can cast 2 deny 2. His summoned Daemonhost is S6 T6 W6 A5 Character. When next to Eisenhorn, it gets WS3+ and 4++.

So which one would you take? The Daemonhost looks like a nice little midfield hunter, although it couldn’t do much against anything serious. Coteaz’s Spy Network ability could really mess up an opponent’s plan for his final two CP (now that Interrupt costs 3, and oh bummer you don’t have enough.)

40k Resources

LVO 2017 - Best GK Player

The Grimdark Future 8500 1000 1500 4500

"[We have] an inheritance which is beyond the reach of change and decay." 1 Peter 1.4
"With the Emperor there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1.17
“Fear the Emperor; do not associate with those who are given to change.” Proverbs 24.21 
   
Made in us
Shas'o Commanding the Hunter Kadre




Olympia, WA

 Elric Greywolf wrote:
The new Inquisition is, overall, a disappointment. No DCA, no Crusaders, no fun grenades. Jokaeros are a single model unit, although they are only 18pts.

However, you can slot a single Inquisitor into your list and it doesn’t break CT or battle-forged.
For 1CP, after an enemy Character is destroyed within 3” of your Inquisition unit, gain d3 CP, and all enemy Ld is -1 for the remainder of the battle.
You can also spend 1CP pre-game to give that Inquisitor a WL trait (if he isn’t your WL) and a relic (if he isn’t a named character already).
Coteaz is 90pts, his trait is, “Know and cast an extra power; deny an extra time.” He can base cast 2 deny 1. His special ability is “One time, make an opponent’s strat cost an additional CP, or else it can’t be played.” He gets reroll hits and wounds against CHAOS and DAEMON. For 1CP, he can give another unit reroll hits of 1 against those targets.
Eisenhorn+Daemonhost is 105pts, his trait is, “Once per round, reroll one of the following: hit, wound, damage, save, Psychic, or DtW.” He can cast 2 deny 2. His summoned Daemonhost is S6 T6 W6 A5 Character. When next to Eisenhorn, it gets WS3+ and 4++.

So which one would you take? The Daemonhost looks like a nice little midfield hunter, although it couldn’t do much against anything serious. Coteaz’s Spy Network ability could really mess up an opponent’s plan for his final two CP (now that Interrupt costs 3, and oh bummer you don’t have enough.)


Vect costing 5 CP. Hehehe.

Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and then crush him.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com

7th Ambassadorial Grand Tournament Registration: http://40kambassadors.com/register.php 
   
Made in us
Implaccable Grey Knight Paladin




San Diego, CA

New post up on Warhammer Community talking about CA2019 points costs. GK strike marines are coming down to 17 ppm “kitted” and terminators to 35 ppm. Nothing about any other changes.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




Strikes at 17 points isn't the worst deal in the world. They still can't get anywhere though, and the heavy weapons suck as usual.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in de
Focused Dark Angels Land Raider Pilot




Germany

Well, we always take 3x5 strike squads for the battalion, right?so this actually benefits us greatly!
We might even find room to use terminators.
I welcome the change instead of bitching about it
   
Made in gb
Been Around the Block




Aeri wrote:
Well, we always take 3x5 strike squads for the battalion, right?so this actually benefits us greatly!
We might even find room to use terminators.
I welcome the change instead of bitching about it


For a 2000 points army, assuming that they won´t change the character points A battalion with 6 strike squads , a vanilla brother captain and a cheap tech-marine will cost less than 700 points and will be throwing 8 MW at 24".
Two battalions like this will be able the pop 16 MW each turn and will leave enough room to fit a lascanon landrider and two dakka ven dread. Leaving enough CP to do whatever we want.

But I´m thinking more on to have a double battalion with 2x5 strike man squad + 5 terminators + bro captain + techmarine which will leave almost 1000 spare points to play around and enough commands points to use a decent amount of times head the prognosticar, psibolt ammo and psi onslaught strats.

Also if we want to go all terminators, as they are troops, we will be able to drop 9 units of terminators in a double battalion delivering 13 MW per turn and still have 100 spare points to use, countering in this way the plasma spam with the terminator spam .
   
Made in us
Implaccable Grey Knight Paladin




San Diego, CA

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
Strikes at 17 points isn't the worst deal in the world. They still can't get anywhere though, and the heavy weapons suck as usual.

I'm still holding out hope for Psychic Awakening to give us something after seeing what blood angels got...

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
 
   
Made in us
Guarded Grey Knight Terminator






 greyknight12 wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
Strikes at 17 points isn't the worst deal in the world. They still can't get anywhere though, and the heavy weapons suck as usual.

I'm still holding out hope for Psychic Awakening to give us something after seeing what blood angels got...


Hoping in line with what other chapters are getting, like a second part to our "chapter tactic."
Hoping for access to combat doctrines. Devastator doctrine active, we can get 4x psilencers hitting at str 5 ap-2. That can chew through a lot. But tactical would be where we would shine with all those storm bolters being ap-1. Then talking psybolts, imaging 40 str 5 ap-2 bolter shots. That will threaten just about anything. That combined with the Terminator price, I may be tempted to bring a unit if 10.

And if blood angels got better at assault, I would assume gk get better at psychic.

Praying to the emperor that gw doesn't give us another anti demon thing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/11/28 20:47:37


 
   
Made in au
Fresh-Faced New User




I'm hoping for our chaplains to gain litanies, ones which are worthwhile at that. a man can dream.
   
Made in gr
Fresh-Faced New User





CA points are out, finally got some love for our infantry!

I worked out a few point drops, there might be more that I missed.

Nemesis Dreadknight -30
GM Dreadknight -20
Dreadfist/Two Dreadfists -15/-20
Paladins -6
Interceptors -4
Strike Squad -5
Terminators -7
Purgation Squad -5
Purifier squad -5
Psilencer (terminator) -4
Psycannon (terminator) -4
Incinerator (terminator) -4

Those are all base costs so just add +1 to all infantry because every melee weapon now costs 1pt instead of 0 (probably +2 pts for falchions).



[Thumb - Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 13.38.17.png]

   
Made in us
Implaccable Grey Knight Paladin




San Diego, CA

Next psychic awakening books has a grey knights-sounding name; that will be the real test.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
 
   
Made in de
Focused Dark Angels Land Raider Pilot




Germany

Though the teaser shows the dark angels symbol
   
Made in us
Implaccable Grey Knight Paladin




San Diego, CA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoF0m2pvvCw&t=0s

Thousand Sons, Grey Knights, Dark Angels. 2 traitor legions is new, but whatever

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




The Grandmaster didn't need a point drop. That just further devalues the other HQ units AND the regular Dreadknight itself.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in de
Ladies Love the Vibro-Cannon Operator






Hamburg

 zangrya wrote:
CA points are out, finally got some love for our infantry!

I worked out a few point drops, there might be more that I missed.

Nemesis Dreadknight -30
GM Dreadknight -20
Dreadfist/Two Dreadfists -15/-20
Paladins -6
Interceptors -4
Strike Squad -5
Terminators -7
Purgation Squad -5
Purifier squad -5
Psilencer (terminator) -4
Psycannon (terminator) -4
Incinerator (terminator) -4

Those are all base costs so just add +1 to all infantry because every melee weapon now costs 1pt instead of 0 (probably +2 pts for falchions).




Not a bad move.
An infantry GK army could get 200 pts cheaper at the 2000 pts level.
I'll wait until battlescribe has been updated.

Former moderator 40kOnline

Lanchester's square law - please obey in list building!

Illumini: "And thank you for not finishing your post with a "" I'm sorry, but after 7200 's that has to be the most annoying sign-off ever."

Armies: Eldar, Necrons, Blood Angels, Grey Knights; World Eaters (30k); Bloodbound; Cryx, Circle, Cyriss 
   
Made in us
Devestating Grey Knight Dreadknight







Another squad won't make a difference.

 SHUPPET wrote:

wtf is this buddhist monk ascendant martial dice arts crap lol
 
   
Made in de
Ladies Love the Vibro-Cannon Operator






Hamburg

 Quickjager wrote:
Another squad won't make a difference.

Not much.
We need GKSS with 2 wounds per model.

Former moderator 40kOnline

Lanchester's square law - please obey in list building!

Illumini: "And thank you for not finishing your post with a "" I'm sorry, but after 7200 's that has to be the most annoying sign-off ever."

Armies: Eldar, Necrons, Blood Angels, Grey Knights; World Eaters (30k); Bloodbound; Cryx, Circle, Cyriss 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




 Quickjager wrote:
Another squad won't make a difference.

Probably not but giving up a lot less points is a Boon.

The army still needs a whole redesign though.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in de
Ladies Love the Vibro-Cannon Operator






Hamburg

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
 Quickjager wrote:
Another squad won't make a difference.

Probably not but giving up a lot less points is a Boon.

The army still needs a whole redesign though.

This won't happen anytime soon.

Former moderator 40kOnline

Lanchester's square law - please obey in list building!

Illumini: "And thank you for not finishing your post with a "" I'm sorry, but after 7200 's that has to be the most annoying sign-off ever."

Armies: Eldar, Necrons, Blood Angels, Grey Knights; World Eaters (30k); Bloodbound; Cryx, Circle, Cyriss 
   
Made in us
Devestating Grey Knight Dreadknight







 wuestenfux wrote:
 Quickjager wrote:
Another squad won't make a difference.

Not much.
We need GKSS with 2 wounds per model.


That would be insane and seriously going too far.

 SHUPPET wrote:

wtf is this buddhist monk ascendant martial dice arts crap lol
 
   
Made in de
Ladies Love the Vibro-Cannon Operator






Hamburg

 Quickjager wrote:
 wuestenfux wrote:
 Quickjager wrote:
Another squad won't make a difference.

Not much.
We need GKSS with 2 wounds per model.


That would be insane and seriously going too far.

Not when you play actively GK.

Former moderator 40kOnline

Lanchester's square law - please obey in list building!

Illumini: "And thank you for not finishing your post with a "" I'm sorry, but after 7200 's that has to be the most annoying sign-off ever."

Armies: Eldar, Necrons, Blood Angels, Grey Knights; World Eaters (30k); Bloodbound; Cryx, Circle, Cyriss 
   
Made in us
Devestating Grey Knight Dreadknight







I mean Purifiers would become.... below average I suppose.

 SHUPPET wrote:

wtf is this buddhist monk ascendant martial dice arts crap lol
 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




I'm still angry they never gave Purifiers their A2 back.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in us
Guarded Grey Knight Terminator






 Quickjager wrote:
Another squad won't make a difference.


No, but we will have more firepower now. Can fit in more special weapons. Looking at the pts, I can squeeze almost 200 pts out of my list. That's one squad could be, with a little shuffling around, more threat saturation.

Also, our psychic Awakening book is around the corner, so expect some updates as well. I bet we get something akin to a second stat in our chapter tactic and access to our own unique doctrines at a minimum.

Would also expect to also see updates for the Chaplin as well which could make us more effective at getting into combat.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/12/01 14:02:25


"Glory in our suffering, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope"
-Paul of Tarsus

If my post seems goofy, assume I am posting from my phone and the autocorrect elf in my phone is drunk again 
   
Made in us
Implaccable Grey Knight Paladin




San Diego, CA

Yeah, I’ve said it before but ultimately our hope is in psychic awakening. The points cuts are nice, and do give us more firepower (another dreadnought, 40 more storm bolter shots, etc). It’s not insignificant, but it’s really going to come down to us getting other boosts to either our damage output or durability.

My secret, horrible fear is that we will get...The Psychic Doctrine! While in the psychic doctrine, we get +1 AP on our psychic powers, or something equally worthless. Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
 
   
Made in de
Ladies Love the Vibro-Cannon Operator






Hamburg

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

This is something each 40k player should know.
I have no hopes whatsoever.

Former moderator 40kOnline

Lanchester's square law - please obey in list building!

Illumini: "And thank you for not finishing your post with a "" I'm sorry, but after 7200 's that has to be the most annoying sign-off ever."

Armies: Eldar, Necrons, Blood Angels, Grey Knights; World Eaters (30k); Bloodbound; Cryx, Circle, Cyriss 
   
Made in us
Guarded Grey Knight Terminator






What is nice about these new prices is that a PAGK no long pay for heavy weapons on top of the storm bolter and weapons. Terminators heavy weapons are significantly more useful with heavy weapons as well. These are nice.

After hearing about all the buffs tyranids just received, I am now getting hopeful.

"Glory in our suffering, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope"
-Paul of Tarsus

If my post seems goofy, assume I am posting from my phone and the autocorrect elf in my phone is drunk again 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K Tactics
Go to: