Switch Theme:

The Rumour Engine 2021.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

That Chosen kit terrifies me.

"If the unit contains 5 or less models, then one model may be equipped with a pair of Lightning Claws. If the unit contains 6 or more models, then 2 models may be equipped with a pair of Lightning Claws."

I hope I'm wrong...

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in es
Inspiring SDF-1 Bridge Officer






Well, nothing really surprising there:

The autarch is bland, but OK I guess, the regular rangers are cool, the bike rangers are... there, but the minis are nice.

The plastic warpsmith is quite a bit worse than the one it replaces, though, and the chosen are pretty bland, so the chaos part is mostly disappointing. Also the dinobot is clearly there to up the price of the box.
   
Made in au
Tunneling Trygon






Carry over for the new page

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/12/25/new-asuryani-clash-with-chaos-space-marines-in-the-next-warhammer-40000-battlebox/

Eldar

Spoiler:


Autarch


Rangers


Shroud Runners



Chaos Marines

Spoiler:


Warpsmith


Chosen



Top left Ranger with the floating gizmo also seems to solve an older Rumour Engine reveal (April 20, 2021)
Spoiler:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/25 10:18:44


 
   
Made in gb
Thermo-Optical Hac Tao





Gosport, UK

I really like the Eldar. The Rangers and Ranger bikes are sweet, and I like the paint job they’ve done on them. The Chaos are okay, but not as wow as I was hoping for and I wish there was something new instead of the Fiend.
   
Made in pl
Huge Hierodule





Rangers/bikes and Chosen I really like. Autarch and Warpsmith are ...just there.
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

I like that the Autarch has options, but won't celebrate GW doing something they should have never stopped doing.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in gb
Tunneling Trygon






This kit has plenty of options, allowing you to build the Autarch of your dreams, with three head options, two torso variants, and certain other still-secret options! In terms of weapons, you get a star glaive or a scorpion chainsword in one hand, and your pick of four ranged weapons in the other. Not only that, the weapons and upgrades are cross-compatible with the existing Autarch model.


That's so much better than expected.

Wonder if one of the secret options is related to new warp spider or swooping hawk kits, so aren't being shown yet.
   
Made in ca
Charing Cold One Knight





I am in love with the autarch basically because it is a plastic replica of the old resin one. One of my favourite autarchs to kitbash.
   
Made in gb
Thinking of Joining a Davinite Loge




Nottingham, England

I really like the new Eldar miniatures, and the Autarch is functional and clean - this is all I want out of a new Eldar line reboot.

Chaos, hmm. I'm on the fence with both the Warpsmith and Chosen. The Forgefiend kills this box for me, I really don't want that miniauture.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

It's better than I expected

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in es
Inspiring SDF-1 Bridge Officer






Not in a hurry to change my current DV chosen for these.
   
Made in gb
Been Around the Block




 xttz wrote:
This kit has plenty of options, allowing you to build the Autarch of your dreams, with three head options, two torso variants, and certain other still-secret options! In terms of weapons, you get a star glaive or a scorpion chainsword in one hand, and your pick of four ranged weapons in the other. Not only that, the weapons and upgrades are cross-compatible with the existing Autarch model.


That's so much better than expected.

Wonder if one of the secret options is related to new warp spider or swooping hawk kits, so aren't being shown yet.

You'll also notice they said 4 ranged options, but only showed pictures for 3. I'm guessing the secret option would be the jump generator along with deathspinner.
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






Eldar seem nice enough. The Autarch looks sculpted to stand flat on a base, then the tactical rock was added to give her a slant. Bogus, but probably easy to fix.

Not sure that's all I ever wanted out of a Ranger kit. The models are fine, but we've had kneeling Rangers for so long that their absence in the kit is very noticeable. Not sure about the drone controller's pose either. But a nice kit overall. I think the mounted Rangers came out pretty well.

I don't have a problem with the Warpsmith. I think I like it better than the old one. The helmet is a little odd, but the bare head is nice.

I can't say the same about the bare heads on the Chosen. The Chosen themselves are okay, I guess. Nothing bad, but nothing to write home about either. The bare heads are very unflattering, though.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of!
Why is the rum always gone? 
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut






Unfortunate, since i really like both armies, bit these new minis don't do anything for me. They're alright, but don't make me want to buy the box at all cost. Hope the spiders and scorpions are a bit more exciting than this

lost and damned log
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/519978.page#6525039 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

This remains the only pic they haven't exactly revealed yet, so I imagine it's an option for the Autarch?
[Thumb - 2021-12-12.jpg]


"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in au
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
This remains the only pic they haven't exactly revealed yet, so I imagine it's an option for the Autarch?


Yes, the article says the Autarch has the melee option of star glaive or scorpion chainsword.
   
Made in au
Slaanesh Chosen Marine Riding a Fiend




Australia

Almost certainly, the article does mention that it comes with a scorpion chainsword as an option.

edit: ninja'd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/25 10:43:46


The Circle of Iniquity
The Fourth Seal
 
   
Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





All pretty decent, don't think I'll buy this box but no complaints about it, all of the new models seem fairly nice.
   
Made in es
Swift Swooping Hawk





Worth to notice the rangers lack the vanes in the back the latest KT art depicted so there is a large chance the rumour are partly true and the KT box it's indeed a Corsairs unit.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/25 11:00:27


 
   
Made in gb
Tunneling Trygon






 Lord Perversor wrote:
Worth to notice the rangers lack the vanes in the back the latest KT art depicted so there is a large chance the rumour are partly true and the KT box it's indeed a Corsairs unit.


The December advent rumours predicted the exact contents of the boxed set down to specific details on the Autarch, so I'd say it's pretty likely everything else is broadly accurate. FWIW that rumour set also said we'd get new:

Warp spiders
Shining Spears
Swooping hawks & Baharroth
Guardians
Corsairs
Avatar

Plus other unspecified models
   
Made in gb
Mekboy Hammerin' Somethin'






 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
This remains the only pic they haven't exactly revealed yet, so I imagine it's an option for the Autarch?

There's also the 'craftworld shredder' shown on the 12th, which seems likely to be a death spinner for the autarch, and the hair shown on the 1st isn't a match for anything shown, but is likely an alternate shroud-runner head.

   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





Nothing surprising here, but the eldar all look nice.
I'm pretty disappointed in the chosen, after the exceptional BT sword brethren. They're... OK, but don't really stand out as much as they should. Hope there is plenty of options in the box!
   
Made in gb
Pious Warrior Priest




UK

The autarch kit is cross-compatible with the other autarch, so swooping hawk wings are unlikely to be repeated.

Banshee helm could be a head option, just as maniblasters are on the other model.

Warp spider options highly likely, it would be the only unrepresented aspect, the autarch skyrunner has a laser lance.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/12/25 12:21:02


 
   
Made in gb
Thermo-Optical Hac Tao





Gosport, UK

scarletsquig wrote:
The autarch kit is cross-compatible with the other autarch, so swooping hawk wings are unlikely to be repeated.

Banshee helm could be a head option, just as maniblasters are on the other model.

Warp spider options highly likely, it would be the only unrepresented aspect, the autarch skyrunner has a laser lance.


Yeah, there could be a warp spider backpack and that deathspinner type thing we saw. There was an older metal Autarch with a warp spider backpack.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Overall, I like it. No comments on the Eldar, they’re great.

Wish the warp smith head a head like the oop model. And the chosen are nice but don’t really standout much from the generic csm. I usually hate flesh and tentacles, but it may have helped them. Though that runs the risk of looking possessed. Also the chosen leader head is so good. Like a mix of kranon and that fw word bearer
   
Made in us
Enigmatic Chaos Sorcerer




The dark hollows of Kentucky

Now, those are some nice Veterans of the Long War! Definitely like these Chosen more than the DV models. I won't be using those bare heads though. And their weapons loadout worries me.

Dig the Warpsmith too. Interesting that his alternate hammer isn't the one from the rumour engine.

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
That Chosen kit terrifies me.

"If the unit contains 5 or less models, then one model may be equipped with a pair of Lightning Claws. If the unit contains 6 or more models, then 2 models may be equipped with a pair of Lightning Claws."

I hope I'm wrong...

Yeah, even if we get options, notice that everyone with a melee weapon except for the leader has a pistol? And the guy with the combi-weapon doesn't have a melee weapon? Are they taking away their ability to have both a melee weapon and a rifle? That would be infuriating.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

 Gadzilla666 wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
That Chosen kit terrifies me.

"If the unit contains 5 or less models, then one model may be equipped with a pair of Lightning Claws. If the unit contains 6 or more models, then 2 models may be equipped with a pair of Lightning Claws."

I hope I'm wrong...

Yeah, even if we get options, notice that everyone with a melee weapon except for the leader has a pistol? And the guy with the combi-weapon doesn't have a melee weapon? Are they taking away their ability to have both a melee weapon and a rifle? That would be infuriating.


Especially since they didn't remove it from the Sword Brethren

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in gb
Fanatic with Madcap Mushrooms







Need those rangers, damn sweet minis!

Rest is okish.

   
Made in us
Tzeentch Aspiring Sorcerer Riding a Disc





Southern New Hampshire

 Gadzilla666 wrote:
Now, those are some nice Veterans of the Long War! Definitely like these Chosen more than the DV models. I won't be using those bare heads though. And their weapons loadout worries me.

Dig the Warpsmith too. Interesting that his alternate hammer isn't the one from the rumour engine.

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
That Chosen kit terrifies me.

"If the unit contains 5 or less models, then one model may be equipped with a pair of Lightning Claws. If the unit contains 6 or more models, then 2 models may be equipped with a pair of Lightning Claws."

I hope I'm wrong...

Yeah, even if we get options, notice that everyone with a melee weapon except for the leader has a pistol? And the guy with the combi-weapon doesn't have a melee weapon? Are they taking away their ability to have both a melee weapon and a rifle? That would be infuriating.


The success of that Chosen kit - for me, at least - is going to depend on what/how many options are physically in the box, and whether or not their new datasheet looks like the Plague Marines'.

"There are no problems that cannot be solved with cannons." - Chief Engineer Boris Krauss of Nuln

Kid_Kyoto wrote:"Don't be a dick" and "This is a family wargame" are good rules of thumb.


DR:80S++G++M--B+IPwhfb01#+D+++A+++/fWD258R++T(D)DM+++
 
   
Made in us
Terrifying Doombull




 Manfred von Drakken wrote:
 Gadzilla666 wrote:
Now, those are some nice Veterans of the Long War! Definitely like these Chosen more than the DV models. I won't be using those bare heads though. And their weapons loadout worries me.

Dig the Warpsmith too. Interesting that his alternate hammer isn't the one from the rumour engine.

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
That Chosen kit terrifies me.

"If the unit contains 5 or less models, then one model may be equipped with a pair of Lightning Claws. If the unit contains 6 or more models, then 2 models may be equipped with a pair of Lightning Claws."

I hope I'm wrong...

Yeah, even if we get options, notice that everyone with a melee weapon except for the leader has a pistol? And the guy with the combi-weapon doesn't have a melee weapon? Are they taking away their ability to have both a melee weapon and a rifle? That would be infuriating.


The success of that Chosen kit - for me, at least - is going to depend on what/how many options are physically in the box, and whether or not their new datasheet looks like the Plague Marines'.


Not going to lie, these look monopose to me. They're too perfectly posed, and if you swap weapons around, the bodies/stances just don't work.

As for the box as a whole....eh. The rangers are a bit too busy, the bike rangers are dumb in concept, and the forge fiend is just kind of a tacked on atrocity at this point.

The two characters are pretty good, I do like the new warpsmith over the old one (much less breakable for one thing, and more practical look overall). And the sutra have gets actual options even if the model is only decent.

but apparently even reining in my expectations left them too high. I was hoping for at least one aspect sneaking in, not s month of buildup leading to a handful of overdeisigned troopers and stupid bikes.

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: