Switch Theme:

Necromunda Underhive news & rumours - Redemptionist page 78  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Sword-Bearing Inquisitorial Crusader






Well, if we’re all just expressing our subjective opinions, I’m firmly in the the camp of the old Delaque were boring and the new ones are my favourite looking gang.
   
Made in se
Smokin' Skorcha Driver





Stockholm, Sweden

 lord_blackfang wrote:
 Oguhmek wrote:
And there comes the apologist strawman.

Where are the logical arguments or factual information in your post?

All I've seen is personal opinion with a hint of entitlement.


"They've done it this way for gangs A, B,C and D, therefore they could have done it for gang E" is a logical argument. You making up random gak about culture shifts is not.


Yes of course they could have done it. They chose not to.

Likely because of the reasons I posted above. Maybe the Goliath and Esher archetypes just aged better, so they needed less of a change.

Sorry that it didn't match your personal preferences.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/05/07 13:32:37


Oguhmek paints Orks (and Necrons): 'Ere we go!
 
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







Hey I'm not even here to hate on new Dalaques, just on bad reasoning.

Tho I think the specialist box is pretty dire except for the squid. In fact I'd say the specialist boxes have been getting progressively worse with more and more random dumb gak thrown in, Redemption excepted.

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in pl
Dakka Veteran




Germany

 lord_blackfang wrote:
Hey I'm not even here to hate on new Dalaques, just on bad reasoning.

Tho I think the specialist box is pretty dire except for the squid. In fact I'd say the specialist boxes have been getting progressively worse with more and more random dumb gak thrown in, Redemption excepted.


All of them feel like, a tech level or two above the base box.

Games Workshop are not your friends. They are not a small dev trying their best. They are a multibillion dollar company making calculated decisions about how many costs they can cut, how lazy they can be about relases, and how much they can paywall. They will do it again. Stop giving them money for this. 
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut






 Oguhmek wrote:
 lord_blackfang wrote:
 Oguhmek wrote:
And there comes the apologist strawman.

Where are the logical arguments or factual information in your post?

All I've seen is personal opinion with a hint of entitlement.


"They've done it this way for gangs A, B,C and D, therefore they could have done it for gang E" is a logical argument. You making up random gak about culture shifts is not.


Yes of course they could have done it. They chose not to.

Likely because of the reasons I posted above. Maybe the Goliath and Esher archetypes just aged better, so they needed less of a change.

Sorry that it didn't match your personal preferences.


Goliath and Escher concepts are way more 90's influenced than Delaque was.

lost and damned log
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/519978.page#6525039 
   
Made in gb
Sword-Bearing Inquisitorial Crusader






 streetsamurai wrote:
 Oguhmek wrote:
 lord_blackfang wrote:
 Oguhmek wrote:
And there comes the apologist strawman.

Where are the logical arguments or factual information in your post?

All I've seen is personal opinion with a hint of entitlement.


"They've done it this way for gangs A, B,C and D, therefore they could have done it for gang E" is a logical argument. You making up random gak about culture shifts is not.


Yes of course they could have done it. They chose not to.

Likely because of the reasons I posted above. Maybe the Goliath and Esher archetypes just aged better, so they needed less of a change.

Sorry that it didn't match your personal preferences.


Goliath and Escher concepts are way more 90's influenced than Delaque was.


Yeah, but some concepts have aged far better than others.
   
Made in eg
[MOD]
Keeper of the Adeptus Arbites Flame






Cairo, Egypt

I suspect the change in Delaques can be explained with 2 words, Heresy Miniatures.

https://heresyminiatures.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_15&products_id=287



While there are other musclemen and amazons and guys with jean jackets I can't think of any gang that had as close a replacement/upgrade out there.

And y'know, I like the new ones. And the upgrade team.

 
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







 Kid_Kyoto wrote:
I suspect the change in Delaques can be explained with 2 words, Heresy Miniatures.

https://heresyminiatures.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_15&products_id=287



While there are other musclemen and amazons and guys with jean jackets I can't think of any gang that had as close a replacement/upgrade out there.

And y'know, I like the new ones. And the upgrade team.


Looking at this it's even more interesting that GW suddenly gave them katanas

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in gb
Sword-Bearing Inquisitorial Crusader






 Kid_Kyoto wrote:
I suspect the change in Delaques can be explained with 2 words, Heresy Miniatures.

https://heresyminiatures.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_15&products_id=287



While there are other musclemen and amazons and guys with jean jackets I can't think of any gang that had as close a replacement/upgrade out there.

And y'know, I like the new ones. And the upgrade team.


Looking at these has just cemented my opinion that the new look is one million times better.
   
Made in us
Three Color Minimum





Tangentville, New Jersey

It's been a while since I've seen the Heresy ones. I kinda want to pick some up now (but not for Necromunda).


 
   
Made in ca
Dakka Veteran





 lord_blackfang wrote:
You can bend over backwards to justify it all you want but really you're just doing unpaid marketing spin work for a corporation, you're not presenting any sort of logical argument or factual information.

You have 10,000+ posts and you dare to say this to people with ~500-1000ish. It's pretty clear who's been doing the most unpaid work here.

Nobody needs to bend over backwards to justify the claim that better designs will be more popular; it's self-evident to all but the most isolated manchildren.
   
Made in gb
Wise Ethereal with Bodyguard







 streetsamurai wrote:
 Oguhmek wrote:
 lord_blackfang wrote:
 Oguhmek wrote:
And there comes the apologist strawman.

Where are the logical arguments or factual information in your post?

All I've seen is personal opinion with a hint of entitlement.


"They've done it this way for gangs A, B,C and D, therefore they could have done it for gang E" is a logical argument. You making up random gak about culture shifts is not.


Yes of course they could have done it. They chose not to.

Likely because of the reasons I posted above. Maybe the Goliath and Esher archetypes just aged better, so they needed less of a change.

Sorry that it didn't match your personal preferences.


Goliath and Escher concepts are way more 90's influenced than Delaque was.


I would suggest Escher and Goliath are more 70s/80s than 90s. Punks and massive muscly hulks.

Please excuse any spelling errors. I use a tablet frequently and software keyboards are a pain!

Terranwing - w3;d1;l1
51st Dunedinw2;d0;l0
Cadre Coronal Afterglow w1;d0;l0 
   
Made in be
Longtime Dakkanaut





We already had that debate before, anyway. Those who are nostalgic of old delaques won't change their mind suddenly because the new miniatures showed up, and the same is true for those who like the current design.

It was obvious GW wouldn't suddenly flip and put back old delaques here. Because the change of basic design was way more different in comparison to the other gangs (even if they are still quite different from their original counterparts as well).

That said, I have only four words left : floating brain with tentacles.
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut






Personally, i liked the new take on the delaque. But these new guys and critters are just putrid

lost and damned log
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/519978.page#6525039 
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







 Altruizine wrote:
 lord_blackfang wrote:
You can bend over backwards to justify it all you want but really you're just doing unpaid marketing spin work for a corporation, you're not presenting any sort of logical argument or factual information.

You have 10,000+ posts and you dare to say this to people with ~500-1000ish. It's pretty clear who's been doing the most unpaid work here.

Nobody needs to bend over backwards to justify the claim that better designs will be more popular; it's self-evident to all but the most isolated manchildren.


You can bend over backwards to justify it all you want but really you're just doing unpaid marketing spin work for a corporation, you're not presenting any sort of logical argument or factual information.

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in us
Terminator with Assault Cannon




San Jose, CA

I guess I'm weird in that I like both the original minis and the new ones.
   
Made in gb
Sneaky Lictor





London

I appreciate what some people are saying that Delaque had become a bit generic, but I also quite liked that Necromunda was broadly a slightly more human level game without as much of the wackyness of a 40K battlefield. And the game has moved away from that a little, but especially with the Delaque with all the hints that they're barely human now.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/05/07 16:55:06


 
   
Made in us
Sadistic Inquisitorial Excruciator




USA

 streetsamurai wrote:
Personally, i liked the new take on the delaque. But these new guys and critters are just putrid


Yeah, I think the new Delaques are great. This new boxed set though? I'm pretty disappointed with. The Hooded One is okayish and the Floating Brain thing is different I guess? Other than that the box is pretty awful. To be honest though, I've loved all the new gang boxes, but all the expansion boxes have been a big let down barring an individual mini here or there.

 
   
Made in ca
Dakka Veteran





 lord_blackfang wrote:
 Altruizine wrote:
 lord_blackfang wrote:
You can bend over backwards to justify it all you want but really you're just doing unpaid marketing spin work for a corporation, you're not presenting any sort of logical argument or factual information.

You have 10,000+ posts and you dare to say this to people with ~500-1000ish. It's pretty clear who's been doing the most unpaid work here.

Nobody needs to bend over backwards to justify the claim that better designs will be more popular; it's self-evident to all but the most isolated manchildren.


You can bend over backwards to justify it all you want but really you're just doing unpaid marketing spin work for a corporation, you're not presenting any sort of logical argument or factual information.

The "logical argument" you presented was "Games Workshop could have retained the old Delaque style." Congrats on your big brain. Here are some exactly-equivalent arguments:

"Games Workshop could have deleted the Delaque gang from Necromunda."
"Games Workshop could have made Delaques look like My Little Ponies."
"Games Workshop could have sacrificed children in attempted infernal exchange for increased Delaque sales, regardless of the style."

Who tf cares about "could haves"?

The fact is that GW changed the Delaque style. We are left to examine the possible intent behind that decision, and whether or not it was a legitimate strategy. We can also debate the aesthetics of the old style versus the new style. One of the nodes in that discussion will inevitably be the fact that certain sci-fi aesthetics have moved on since the 1990s. You can pretend to not understand that, but we all know you're lying (you know you're lying, too). Internet troll aesthetics haven't moved on that much since the 1990s.
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







 Altruizine wrote:
Internet troll aesthetics haven't moved on that much since the 1990s.


Indeed, and I'm honored that you've spent your whole post quota for this month on ad hominems on me.

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in ca
Dakka Veteran





 lord_blackfang wrote:
you're just doing unpaid marketing spin work for a corporation


Whatever else they say about you, at least you're intellectually consistent, and practice what you preach!
   
Made in be
Longtime Dakkanaut





Yep, that's what Delaque have as effect on people. Another masterplan going perfectly in the shadows !

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/05/07 18:07:30


 
   
Made in no
[DCM]
Necron of Munda





Some like new, some like old, some like both and some like none. Meh.
   
Made in au
Fresh-Faced New User




 streetsamurai wrote:
 Oguhmek wrote:
 lord_blackfang wrote:
 Oguhmek wrote:
And there comes the apologist strawman.

Where are the logical arguments or factual information in your post?

All I've seen is personal opinion with a hint of entitlement.


"They've done it this way for gangs A, B,C and D, therefore they could have done it for gang E" is a logical argument. You making up random gak about culture shifts is not.


Yes of course they could have done it. They chose not to.

Likely because of the reasons I posted above. Maybe the Goliath and Esher archetypes just aged better, so they needed less of a change.

Sorry that it didn't match your personal preferences.


Goliath and Escher concepts are way more 90's influenced than Delaque was.


I imagine that is why they aged so well. The fact that they are unabashedly 90s makes them timeless. Just like how west side story’s depiction of gang warfare occupies enough of our minds to make house orlock’s aesthetics believable.

To some extent the 90s delaque gang was a trope of the time, almost identical to the gangers in the game syndicate, and i think this was drawn on when they made the matrix and dark city. These later ideas are further developed and basically overwrote the original sinister bald spectacled trenchcoat gangster as gang member trope. Im not sure it would be as recognisable anymore

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/05/07 23:53:37


 
   
Made in gb
Wise Ethereal with Bodyguard







No, no, no,Baxx. You're not getting this Internet thing at all. Now let's try again, but this time with much more outrage. You need to really feel it. Its not just someone else's opinion. These people are out to destroy your very soul, livelihood and family.

So.focus... and vent! I want to see the wallpaper blistering!

Please excuse any spelling errors. I use a tablet frequently and software keyboards are a pain!

Terranwing - w3;d1;l1
51st Dunedinw2;d0;l0
Cadre Coronal Afterglow w1;d0;l0 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Myrtle Creek, OR

Baxx wrote:
Some like new, some like old, some like both and some like none. Meh.


Aren’t those the lyrics to an Aaron Chupa/Lil Sis Nora video?

   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Stonecold Gimster






Re The old Delaque style argument

So something that seems to date to the 1990's couldn't possibly look right in the 41st millenium?
You know, the 41st millenium... where the main faction uses a medieval look of platemail, swords and shields.

In a poor, dirty crowded underhive, a gang member would look 'dated' for having his head shaved and wearing a big coat?

My Painting Blog: http://gimgamgoo.com/
Currently most played: Kill Team, Kings of War, Silent Death, Beyond the Gates of Antares, Dracula's America, Bolt Action (& K47) and X-Wing 
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







 Gimgamgoo wrote:
Re The old Delaque style argument

So something that seems to date to the 1990's couldn't possibly look right in the 41st millenium?
You know, the 41st millenium... where the main faction uses a medieval look of platemail, swords and shields.

In a poor, dirty crowded underhive, a gang member would look 'dated' for having his head shaved and wearing a big coat?


I think what they're actually arguing is more like "Kids these days haven't seen the specific films that make trenchcoats cool (but Mad Max BDSM bodybuilders and punk chicks are timeless)"

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/05/08 09:10:25


Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Trustworthy Shas'vre





Leicester

Pre-orders up:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/searchResults?N=3281529261+3239337661+3206404541+3637769477&utm_campaign=GW_8th_May_Boxed_Games_EN_EU_&utm_source=CUSTOMERS&utm_medium=email&utm_content=&utm_term=

Anyone want to split an Escher sprue?

DS:80+S+GM+B+I+Pw40k08D+A++WD355R+T(M)DM+
 Zed wrote:
*All statements reflect my opinion at this moment. if some sort of pretty new model gets released (or if I change my mind at random) I reserve the right to jump on any bandwagon at will.
 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut







I've pre-ordered a set of both and was going to sell the second sprues together(as I only want one apiece) - if that would be of interest...?
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: