Switch Theme:

The Forgeworld 2017 News & Rumors Thread  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
[SWAP SHOP MOD]
Robot Cat






T-county

 Verviedi wrote:
Am I missing something, or with the current exchange rate, can I get a Magaera Knight for less than a Warden?


You are correct, assuming you get no discount on GW proper. $145ish vs $157.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Evolved Spambot





Hyperspace

Discounts and I have a complicated relationship, to say the least. I buy slightly more than half my stuff at full retail because I like my local GW manager.
And sweet, looks like the USD costs in the catalogue are complete garbage after all.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/01/09 18:35:26




Peregrine - If you like the army buy it, and don't worry about what one random person on the internet thinks.
 
   
Made in us
[SWAP SHOP MOD]
Robot Cat






T-county

They use the printed price at shows, but if you order offline it does a straight conversion, based on the highest it gets in a specific time frame (I think that's the credit card company/paypal more than FW).
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Evolved Spambot





Hyperspace

Thank you, I appreciate it. Will do more FW ordering.
Also, after all this time, I finally realized what your avatar is. And I love it.



Peregrine - If you like the army buy it, and don't worry about what one random person on the internet thinks.
 
   
Made in us
[SWAP SHOP MOD]
Robot Cat






T-county

I am so sad my clever disguise has failed me right now.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Bird from Hell






 whalemusic360 wrote:
(I think that's the credit card company/paypal more than FW)


Correct. GW bills you in GBP, then your credit card company/paypal converts the price to your currency at whatever exchange rate they feel like using, along with whatever fees they feel like charging. Read the fine print on exactly what rate you're going to be getting and if there are any foreign transaction fees attached.

Laying low in a blood filled trench
Kill time 'til my very own death
On my face I can feel the falling rain
Never see my friends again

In the smoke, in the mud and lead
Smell the fear and the feeling of dread
Soon be time to go over the wall
Rapid fire and end of us all


SELL ME YOUR FORGEWORLD ATLAS 
   
Made in gb
Sinewy Scourge




Birmingham

We may complain about how much GW rips us of, but they've got nothing on banks.
   
Made in us
Hangin' with Gork & Mork






Has anyone seen an update regarding the Fall of Cryxris (spelling?) since last year? That was supposedly the next 40k era Imperial Armour book coming out iirc and featured the tau vs the imperium again.

   
Made in us
[DCM]
Evolved Spambot





Hyperspace

Q2 2016. I, too, am eagerly anticipating it.



Peregrine - If you like the army buy it, and don't worry about what one random person on the internet thinks.
 
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut





I have a feeling it will be delayed again. I have a feeling they are updating a lot of the Tau stuff all at once model wise. Since we seen pics of the new Tigershark remodel. I'm hoping they go the full level of effort and update the Manta. The Manta is really starting to look old especially the interior models. I want to see a cool updated one which I would no doubt buy at some point.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Gamgee wrote:
I have a feeling it will be delayed again. I have a feeling they are updating a lot of the Tau stuff all at once model wise. Since we seen pics of the new Tigershark remodel. I'm hoping they go the full level of effort and update the Manta. The Manta is really starting to look old especially the interior models. I want to see a cool updated one which I would no doubt buy at some point.


I doubt the Manta sells enough to justify a new model for it, honestly. And the new Barracuda has additional gun options, while the new Tigershark is a dual build, giving reasons for players like me with the old versions to buy the new ones besides just aesthetics.

Another reason for a possible delay could be because of GW messing around with the Admech side of things- there is a lot of new things that have Skitarii and Cult-Mech blending together, FW may have wanted to wait a bit for that to shake out before adding a ton of new AdMech to 40K. Especially if they are going to include rules to allow them to be used in formations.
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut





I doubt it too, but if it's ever going to happen now seems the time since the grand GW renaissance.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Evolved Spambot





Hyperspace

See, I want to buy the Knight Styrix or Magaera, but I have no source for 40k rules for them. I'll assume they're in FoC.
I also want that sweet sweet 30k mechanicum stuff for my AdMech. And Remoras/Tetras for my Tau. And more Hazard Suits. Can't buy any of it until FW releases that book. So my bank account will be very happy, but my soul will hurt.



Peregrine - If you like the army buy it, and don't worry about what one random person on the internet thinks.
 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Omadon's Realm

 Gamgee wrote:
I doubt it too, but if it's ever going to happen now seems the time since the grand GW renaissance.


I would suggest that, along with the imperial gate, the research lab etc, when they finally pull the Manta, it will be for good and if you didn't get one by then, you won't be. The sales for it must be minuscule and the molds vast and often in need of repair.

Get one sooner rather than later and upgrade it yourself.



 
   
Made in us
Hangin' with Gork & Mork






Verviedi wrote:Q2 2016. I, too, am eagerly anticipating it.


Thanks for the info. Same here.

MajorWesJanson wrote:
 Gamgee wrote:
I have a feeling it will be delayed again. I have a feeling they are updating a lot of the Tau stuff all at once model wise. Since we seen pics of the new Tigershark remodel. I'm hoping they go the full level of effort and update the Manta. The Manta is really starting to look old especially the interior models. I want to see a cool updated one which I would no doubt buy at some point.


I doubt the Manta sells enough to justify a new model for it, honestly. And the new Barracuda has additional gun options, while the new Tigershark is a dual build, giving reasons for players like me with the old versions to buy the new ones besides just aesthetics.


I also doubt they'll update the manta model due to low cast on demand sell through. I'm shocked they made it in the first place frankly for a demos faction. Is it still the largest and/or heaviest model they make or did the most recent titan or stormbird surpass it?

Verviedi wrote:See, I want to buy the Knight Styrix or Magaera, but I have no source for 40k rules for them. I'll assume they're in FoC.
I also want that sweet sweet 30k mechanicum stuff for my AdMech. And Remoras/Tetras for my Tau. And more Hazard Suits. Can't buy any of it until FW releases that book. So my bank account will be very happy, but my soul will hurt.


I do hope they include ways of adding their models into existing formations as alternatives. Has forgeworld ever done that? The 2nd ed Tarps book iirc was mid 6e just prior to the decurion style detachment for everyone current phase of Gw game design. That of course assumes it's here to stay (sadly likely) for the rumored 8th ed later this year.

   
Made in us
Deadly Tomb Guard





Colorado Springs, CO

Not sure if this has been covered before but I noticed today that IA:13 is listed as 'No Longer Available'. Anyone know anything about this? Find it odd as that book isn't all that old.

If I've got a trade you're interested in but you don't have anything on my wanted list, just shoot me a PM and ask! I'm easily distracted!  
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut





I got the opinion the Tigershark's didn't sell well enough to get a new model either and boom.

I don't like the current Manta model enough to want to drop cash on it now. I like the newer Tau flyer look they are going with and would love to see an updated next generation Manta.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Stealthy Dark Angels Scout with Shotgun



Ohio

 godswildcard wrote:
Not sure if this has been covered before but I noticed today that IA:13 is listed as 'No Longer Available'. Anyone know anything about this? Find it odd as that book isn't all that old.


I know *absolutely nothing* about this specifically, but this is what happened in the recent past when they re released a book in softcover.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Gamgee wrote:
I got the opinion the Tigershark's didn't sell well enough to get a new model either and boom.

I don't like the current Manta model enough to want to drop cash on it now. I like the newer Tau flyer look they are going with and would love to see an updated next generation Manta.


AFAIK the basic Tigershark was not all that popular due to weak guns and dropping basic drones, while the AX-1-0 was a lot more popular as a superheavy killer. So they merge the two into one kit and free up some space in their catalogue.
   
Made in gb
Pulsating Possessed Chaos Marine



UK

 godswildcard wrote:
Not sure if this has been covered before but I noticed today that IA:13 is listed as 'No Longer Available'. Anyone know anything about this? Find it odd as that book isn't all that old.


I sent an email yesterday asking about it when I noticed, I'll post if they reply with any info.

 
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut





 MajorWesJanson wrote:
 Gamgee wrote:
I got the opinion the Tigershark's didn't sell well enough to get a new model either and boom.

I don't like the current Manta model enough to want to drop cash on it now. I like the newer Tau flyer look they are going with and would love to see an updated next generation Manta.


AFAIK the basic Tigershark was not all that popular due to weak guns and dropping basic drones, while the AX-1-0 was a lot more popular as a superheavy killer. So they merge the two into one kit and free up some space in their catalogue.

What if they just end up discontinuing the regular Tigershark for the AX-1-0. Even with the AX-1-0 I still don't see it as that popular of a unit. I never hear Tau players talk about them all that much and certainly not the wider player base. I think the last time was how useless they were for apoc games and that was a discussion from years ago I googled.
   
Made in nl
[MOD]
Indomitable hell rider of glorious renown






102nd Expeditionary Fleet

New Hobbit stuff:



https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-NL/Gundabad-Ogre-1




https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-NL/Gundabad-Ogre-2

Be ash and cinder forevermore!

V - 11 | T - 3 | 敗 - 40

DakkaDakka | Where you thank the mods for baning you! 
   
Made in au
Preparing the Invasion of Terra






Brisbane, Australia

It's feels a bit strange to call a model of something as ugly as an ogre beautiful but... those are some beautiful sculpts.

Multiple thin coats are always better than one thick coat.
 
   
Made in au
Pustulating Plague Priest




The second ogre is angry fart pose 2: electric boogaloo!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/01/13 10:29:32


 
   
Made in gb
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain





The Rock

Those are some lovely sculpts and paint jobs

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/01/13 11:28:22


AoV's Hobby Blog 08/02/18 Maximum Astartes p43
How to take decent photos of your models- PDF download here
There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand
Most importantly, Win or Lose, always try to have fun.
Armies Legion: Dark Angels 
   
Made in us
Moustache-twirling Princeps





NC

 angelofvengeance wrote:
Those are some lovely sculpts and paint jobs


Second (or third or whatever).

Those are... surprisingly good. Most of the time I just gloss over Hobbit (and LotR stuff in general), but these are solid. Huh...

Still wish it was a new IA book or some more very much needed 30k stuff, but hey... why not?

   
Made in au
Preparing the Invasion of Terra






Brisbane, Australia

 em_en_oh_pee wrote:
...or some more very much needed 30k stuff...


You can just say decals, I mean it's not like there's a reason to obfuscate it after over a year .

Multiple thin coats are always better than one thick coat.
 
   
Made in gb
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps





UK

 em_en_oh_pee wrote:

Still wish it was a new IA book or some more very much needed 30k stuff, but hey... why not?


And what would that much needed 30k stuff happen to be? Smart to not mention them though, that leads to Dorn syndrome. The more you ask for Dorn, the further off he gets!

   
Made in us
Moustache-twirling Princeps





NC

Matt.Kingsley wrote:
 em_en_oh_pee wrote:
...or some more very much needed 30k stuff...


You can just say decals, I mean it's not like there's a reason to obfuscate it after over a year .


HAH! Trying not to be as much of a broken record!

zedmeister wrote:
 em_en_oh_pee wrote:

Still wish it was a new IA book or some more very much needed 30k stuff, but hey... why not?


And what would that much needed 30k stuff happen to be? Smart to not mention them though, that leads to Dorn syndrome. The more you ask for Dorn, the further off he gets!



Seriously, I am starting to think they tacked on a quarter for every time I asked them. At this rate, it will be about 2018 before I see them.

   
Made in gb
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps





UK

 em_en_oh_pee wrote:

Seriously, I am starting to think they tacked on a quarter for every time I asked them. At this rate, it will be about 2018 before I see them.


Well, at least you'll get some nice sheets at some point. I'm hoping for House Orhlacc transfers. Maybe...
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: