Switch Theme:

Gang War 2 - page by page breakdown  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




This is disappointing.

My book should be arriving this week and I was really hoping it would have new scenarios.

Not to mention I was hoping it was going to fix some of the problems with GW1. It sounds like it not only did not fix the previous issues, but instead introduced new ones.
   
Made in us
Ambitious Space Wolves Initiate




Somerdale, NJ, USA

Also, how do Yolanda's "Photo-googles" work?

Do they record the battle for you?

Bang-up editing job GW. =)

"The only problem with your genepool is that there wasn't a lifeguard on duty to prevent you from swimming."

"You either die a Morty, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Rick."

- 8k
- 5k
- 3k
- 4k
- 6k 
   
Made in de
Dakka Veteran





 lord_blackfang wrote:


All the mistakes are still there, Mighty Leap stull non-functional, Toxin and Chem-Synth still terrible.



That´s not funny anymore. I expected that these errors would be corrected asap. This is plain and simply put malicious intent and an utter disregard or even contempt for their customers.
I will not buy any new Necromunda-related stuff until they fix these and all the other mistakes mentioned in the thread. No wonder why everyone in my local GW steers away from this product. At this point I wouldn´t even recommend it to anybody else.

   
Made in no
[DCM]
Necron of Munda





Just take a look at this bad editing right here in the Heavy Weapons section of the Armoury:


When a single weapon has two weapon profiles, it can either a) be linked together with the same background colour (see Krumpet rivet cannon) or b) split each weapon profile into separate rows with alternating background colour (see Plasma cannon). Or, as it has been done in Gang War 2, a random combination of both...
   
Made in si
Steady Stonecleaver







Yes, noticed that

Posters on ignore list: 33

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in es
Capable VF-1J Valkyrie Junior Officer






...it is kind of a gakshow, isn't it. I can't say I am surprised, but I'm somewhat disappointed.

EDIT: profanity ^^

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2018/02/22 08:34:07


 
   
Made in no
[DCM]
Necron of Munda





Over at Yaktribe they had to make a separate discussion for all the complaints, because it was so dominant in all the other discussions.
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut





Ottawa Ontario Canada

I think it's a teachable moment, because they've been doing this with 40k for years and I'd be a liar to say it goes unnoticed, it does, but the scale of the game of 40k, the sheer amount of factions and models and divergent interests (faction prefference) helps hide the scope of it because of course each faction needs a book and so and so on and "of course" no publication is perfect and the consumer expects faq's and so on, and so on. But my god, necromunda is like a codex with 3 units and they can't even get that right? Let alone the fact that they're taking the absolute worst aspects of what has happened to videogaming and bringing it to the table top. Day one dlc, unessary parsing out of content for objectively cynical reasons, and even with that gouging not having a product worthy of being gouged. Necromunda "early access".

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/02/22 01:27:48


Do you play 30k? It'd be a lot cooler if you did.  
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




 NH Gunsmith wrote:
 Crablezworth wrote:
 NH Gunsmith wrote:
Wow. I was excited when I saw Necromunda was coming back... Glad I didn't get too excited. This sounds awful.


It could get better, the question is how many 30$ books later? The stuff forge world previewed looked really awesome, like all the guilds. At least waiting till things get sorted gives time to paint the new necro terrain


I mean, if I had kept all the Necromunda Gangs I sold off roughly two years ago, I would give it a spin since all I would need it the haphazardly written new book. But even than I can tell you now I would probably still be disappointed with the obvious errors in the rules. I can see why nobody at my local store played it after getting their stuff. I never had a chance to ask them why, but they all seemed frustrated with it.


The core game is one of the best, maybe the best, GW has ever done. It's amazingly fun and clever.

It's the campaign stuff they keep fumbling. And legacy gangs.

Heck, hired guns make perfect sense in a one off. It doesn't matter how much they are if you are just building a one off gang.

Gang wars 2 is an intense disappointment to myself though for such a promising system
   
Made in no
[DCM]
Necron of Munda





One-off games are fumbled too, core rules, core cards, inconsistent weapon profiles, missing and unclear weapon traits, unclear skills...

The game is fun and clever I agree.
   
Made in us
Calm Celestian





LA

I saw an IG post that said something about James Hewitt handling most of the core rules (in a matter of weeks), bailing out during 2017 and then a new designer taking over the expansions with minimal time/crazy deadlines, less experience, implications none of this saw an editing pass or any substantial playtesting. This could be a total load of bs but given that Hewitt did indeed quit, it makes sense. Hopefully they pull their crap together for the following releases.

 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




 Thargrim wrote:
I saw an IG post that said something about James Hewitt handling most of the core rules (in a matter of weeks), bailing out during 2017 and then a new designer taking over the expansions with minimal time/crazy deadlines, less experience, implications none of this saw an editing pass or any substantial playtesting. This could be a total load of bs but given that Hewitt did indeed quit, it makes sense. Hopefully they pull their crap together for the following releases.


that makes quite a bit of sense.

I am a bit worried specialist games got tied to forge world anyways, since forge world is always.... eh?
   
Made in nl
Moustache-twirling Princeps




We'll find out soon enough eh.

stratigo wrote:
 Thargrim wrote:
I saw an IG post that said something about James Hewitt handling most of the core rules (in a matter of weeks), bailing out during 2017 and then a new designer taking over the expansions with minimal time/crazy deadlines, less experience, implications none of this saw an editing pass or any substantial playtesting. This could be a total load of bs but given that Hewitt did indeed quit, it makes sense. Hopefully they pull their crap together for the following releases.


that makes quite a bit of sense.

I am a bit worried specialist games got tied to forge world anyways, since forge world is always.... eh?


Brilliant? More faithful to the source material, while also being more creative with it?

I get there's a perception that FW can't write rules, but it's largely hyperbole. They'd actually achieved a ratio of OP/balanced/garbo unit rules-wise that was better than the main GW studio, until the 8th Index debacle, which was another situation caused by completely unreasonable deadlines set for them by GW's high heidyins.

I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




 Yodhrin wrote:
stratigo wrote:
 Thargrim wrote:
I saw an IG post that said something about James Hewitt handling most of the core rules (in a matter of weeks), bailing out during 2017 and then a new designer taking over the expansions with minimal time/crazy deadlines, less experience, implications none of this saw an editing pass or any substantial playtesting. This could be a total load of bs but given that Hewitt did indeed quit, it makes sense. Hopefully they pull their crap together for the following releases.


that makes quite a bit of sense.

I am a bit worried specialist games got tied to forge world anyways, since forge world is always.... eh?


Brilliant? More faithful to the source material, while also being more creative with it?

I get there's a perception that FW can't write rules, but it's largely hyperbole. They'd actually achieved a ratio of OP/balanced/garbo unit rules-wise that was better than the main GW studio, until the 8th Index debacle, which was another situation caused by completely unreasonable deadlines set for them by GW's high heidyins.


Forge world can't get its act together mostly.
   
Made in nl
Moustache-twirling Princeps




We'll find out soon enough eh.

stratigo wrote:
 Yodhrin wrote:
stratigo wrote:
 Thargrim wrote:
I saw an IG post that said something about James Hewitt handling most of the core rules (in a matter of weeks), bailing out during 2017 and then a new designer taking over the expansions with minimal time/crazy deadlines, less experience, implications none of this saw an editing pass or any substantial playtesting. This could be a total load of bs but given that Hewitt did indeed quit, it makes sense. Hopefully they pull their crap together for the following releases.


that makes quite a bit of sense.

I am a bit worried specialist games got tied to forge world anyways, since forge world is always.... eh?


Brilliant? More faithful to the source material, while also being more creative with it?

I get there's a perception that FW can't write rules, but it's largely hyperbole. They'd actually achieved a ratio of OP/balanced/garbo unit rules-wise that was better than the main GW studio, until the 8th Index debacle, which was another situation caused by completely unreasonable deadlines set for them by GW's high heidyins.


Forge world can't get its act together mostly.


In what way?

I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




 Yodhrin wrote:
stratigo wrote:
 Yodhrin wrote:
stratigo wrote:
 Thargrim wrote:
I saw an IG post that said something about James Hewitt handling most of the core rules (in a matter of weeks), bailing out during 2017 and then a new designer taking over the expansions with minimal time/crazy deadlines, less experience, implications none of this saw an editing pass or any substantial playtesting. This could be a total load of bs but given that Hewitt did indeed quit, it makes sense. Hopefully they pull their crap together for the following releases.


that makes quite a bit of sense.

I am a bit worried specialist games got tied to forge world anyways, since forge world is always.... eh?


Brilliant? More faithful to the source material, while also being more creative with it?

I get there's a perception that FW can't write rules, but it's largely hyperbole. They'd actually achieved a ratio of OP/balanced/garbo unit rules-wise that was better than the main GW studio, until the 8th Index debacle, which was another situation caused by completely unreasonable deadlines set for them by GW's high heidyins.


Forge world can't get its act together mostly.


In what way?


Long delays and bad editing. Also some... uh... questionable play testing.
   
Made in ca
Ork-Hunting Inquisitorial Xenokiller




Concerning GW2, there's also the fact that stub guns are no longer classified as pistol, so useless in melee now.

Also, as much as the models are nice, I find them limiting. If I want to equip a grenade launcher to one of my Orlock ganger, good luck finding that weapon on a sprue.
   
Made in ca
Renegade Inquisitor with a Bound Daemon





Tied and gagged in the back of your car

stratigo wrote:
 Yodhrin wrote:
stratigo wrote:
 Yodhrin wrote:
stratigo wrote:
 Thargrim wrote:
I saw an IG post that said something about James Hewitt handling most of the core rules (in a matter of weeks), bailing out during 2017 and then a new designer taking over the expansions with minimal time/crazy deadlines, less experience, implications none of this saw an editing pass or any substantial playtesting. This could be a total load of bs but given that Hewitt did indeed quit, it makes sense. Hopefully they pull their crap together for the following releases.


that makes quite a bit of sense.

I am a bit worried specialist games got tied to forge world anyways, since forge world is always.... eh?


Brilliant? More faithful to the source material, while also being more creative with it?

I get there's a perception that FW can't write rules, but it's largely hyperbole. They'd actually achieved a ratio of OP/balanced/garbo unit rules-wise that was better than the main GW studio, until the 8th Index debacle, which was another situation caused by completely unreasonable deadlines set for them by GW's high heidyins.


Forge world can't get its act together mostly.


In what way?


Long delays and bad editing. Also some... uh... questionable play testing.


So the same vices that core GW has.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/02/27 07:01:40


 
   
Made in gb
Shas'o Commanding the Hunter Kadre







Inquisitor Jex wrote:
Concerning GW2, there's also the fact that stub guns are no longer classified as pistol, so useless in melee now.

Also, as much as the models are nice, I find them limiting. If I want to equip a grenade launcher to one of my Orlock ganger, good luck finding that weapon on a sprue.


Goliaths come with grenade launchers in the box. So even if you didn't buy the boxed game they are easy to come by. Or use Guard ones.

Please excuse any spelling errors. I use a tablet frequently and software keyboards are a pain!

Terranwing - w3;d1;l1
51st Dunedinw2;d0;l0
Cadre Coronal Afterglow w1;d0;l0 
   
Made in no
[DCM]
Necron of Munda





Inquisitor Jex wrote:
Concerning GW2, there's also the fact that stub guns are no longer classified as pistol, so useless in melee now.

Also, as much as the models are nice, I find them limiting. If I want to equip a grenade launcher to one of my Orlock ganger, good luck finding that weapon on a sprue.

There's a whole list of mistakes and missing rules in GW2, Stub gun not having Pistol trait is one of them.

There's already been an announcement for weapon booster packs for all gangs, so it should be mostly solved after those are released. Not sure if Grenade Launcher is included for Orlocks. Necromunda has always been a kitbash so it will always be difficult if you have no spare parts from 40k.
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Inquisitor Jex wrote:
If I want to equip a grenade launcher to one of my Orlock ganger, good luck finding that weapon on a sprue.
Umm...

You're not really saying that grenade launcher bitz are hard to come by are you?

   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




 lord_blackfang wrote:
How do you figure? The problem is you pay full price for a fighter who only stays for 1 game. What change to the underdog system can fix that?


In BB the weaker team gets fake cash (only usable on a list of buffs for this single match) equal to the difference in ratings between the two teams. If they had something like that for Necromunda it might make sense to have a more expensive single game hired gun that you can spend that cash on. It would enable a weaker gang to bring in a hired gun or two to balance out against a stronger gang and wouldn't cost them out of their pocket to do so.
   
Made in si
Steady Stonecleaver







Ah, that makes sense.

I also like the extra tactics card per 100 points of difference that you get in Underhive skirmish, but is inexcplicably missing in campaign scanarios.

Posters on ignore list: 33

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in no
[DCM]
Necron of Munda





There is one WD scenario that actually implements cards as underdog bonus.
   
Made in gb
Ruthless Interrogator





The hills above Belfast

I picked up gang war 2 in GW just for a flick through yesterday. Very disappointed in the quantity of material and the lack of fluff. Had planned on buying the two books more for fluff and background reading but it just wasn’t there.

Hopefully when FW get their teeth into necromunda they will start to produce some quality books with deep background, but that could be a while away. Sad to see the game released with such poor background, not what we have come to expect from GW.

EAT - SLEEP - FARM - REPEAT  
   
Made in es
Capable VF-1J Valkyrie Junior Officer






 Knockagh wrote:
I picked up gang war 2 in GW just for a flick through yesterday. Very disappointed in the quantity of material and the lack of fluff. Had planned on buying the two books more for fluff and background reading but it just wasn’t there.

Hopefully when FW get their teeth into necromunda they will start to produce some quality books with deep background, but that could be a while away. Sad to see the game released with such poor background, not what we have come to expect from GW.


As far as we know, everything from Necromunda has already been produced by Forgeworld, so this is "FW getting their teeth into Necromunda".
   
Made in ca
Ork-Hunting Inquisitorial Xenokiller




 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Inquisitor Jex wrote:
If I want to equip a grenade launcher to one of my Orlock ganger, good luck finding that weapon on a sprue.
Umm...

You're not really saying that grenade launcher bitz are hard to come by are you?


Oh no, I'm saying there's nothing that's just a matter of puting glue and calling it done. Not everyone is good at, or willing to, kitbash.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Whorelando, FL

Baxx wrote:
There is one WD scenario that actually implements cards as underdog bonus.


What issue of WD is that?

   
Made in no
[DCM]
Necron of Munda





There were two scenarios released in two different months, maybe january and february. Can't remember exactly. But I know one is "The Gauntlet" and the other is "Claim The Spire".
   
 
Forum Index » Games Workshop Board Games & Specialist/Legacy Games
Go to: