Switch Theme:

Need help to stop being so angry during games  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in fr
Perfect Shot Ultramarine Predator Pilot





France

The answer is in the question :

it's just a game



Relax, we're painting and playing toy soldiers, throwing dice and doing strange noises with our mouths. There are real problems out there, that are really more serious.

My P&M blog : http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/406869.page
! Go watch my gallery !

 
   
Made in us
Winged Kroot Vulture





Are you trying to force yourself into liking something you may not be enjoying?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/01/12 01:24:37


 
   
Made in gb
Most Glorious Grey Seer






Dude, without any kind of attempt at humour, and not being anything like a medical professional?

I fear your frustration at a mere game may be an inoppprutne manifestation of frustration elsewhere in life.

Our hobbies are meant to relax us. When they don’t, there’s something wrong.

Please please please talk to an actually qualified Doc. Please. You’ve recognised there’s an issue. That’s part of the war won. You’ve reached out for help, that’s another crushing defeat for whatever it is that ails you. Just take that final step.

Because the answers you seek will not, and cannot, be found on a forum.

Fed up for Scalpers? Why not join us? 
   
Made in us
Powerful Pegasus Knight







This was not helpful and breaks rule #1, if you have a problem hit the yellow triangle of friendship.

Thanks,
ingtaer.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2019/01/12 00:26:45


 
   
Made in us
Veteran Inquisitorial Tyranid Xenokiller





Okay, just gonna be honest-

I got the same way for a while. I was getting sick and tired of putting effort into building cool models and painting them and spending big money on them, just for them to get stomped in a game. I would just pack up and leave the game, frustrated.

I felt like a jerk. But... it wasn't me. No, really- it wasn't me.

I was playing against people who claimed to be 'casual, fun, friendly' players- but were just competitive players that weren't honest about it. Guys who would show up, look at my models, and tailor a list to it at the table on Battlescribe.

Then they'd tell me I was getting an attitude about it.

Well, it was just a case of two different playstyles. I got away from these people, and my games were remarkably more fun and enjoyable.

So maybe, just maybe- it's not you, it's the people you play with. Trust me when I say this, a lot of people who claim to hate competitive powergamers are just competitive powergamers that want easy wins against casual gamers.

Switch to a more narrative type game, where it's less competitive and more about the story. Try some goofy new game modes, like "Rambo Marine" missions or "Zombie Infestation survival", or some other goofy fun stuff. Maybe do some Inquisitor. Maybe try out some Kill Team, add new rules, focus on making cool model conversions and kitbashes.

Otherwise, if it's just a matter of you losing and getting salty about it, because you're competitive? Well, evaluate how you play and if there might be something in your list that can be better.

Also, you might wanna do the 'breather between turns' rule I invoke in games with more than 1000 points.



   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





Feasting on the souls of unworthy opponents

 hotsauceman1 wrote:
Hiya.
Lately I have been getting salty during games and it gets to be almost clockwork and I don't like it. It seems no matter what I play I get upset and frustrated, even if I win to the point I don't feel like a win.
I need help, my group says it's bad, but that because they all know me outside of it, they know I'm more angry at myself than them. I even hit a table.
I know it's just a game, but it's hard enjoy if I keep getting my booty handed to me.
Can I get some help? Breaks don't help, and I'm not normally and angry person and I hate myself after it.


I can help. Let's focus.

 hotsauceman1 wrote:

I know it's just a game, but it's hard enjoy if I keep getting my booty handed to me.


You may not have the tools to diagnose and correct this, and you are frustrated.

Dude, you're halfway fixed already. You understand WHY you are frustrated, but you don't know how to fix it. The tool you need is a critical thinking exercise - a root cause analysis.

People go to fancy schools for years to understand these concepts - of how to get to the bottom of an issue and fix it. At the end of this exercise, you're going to come to the conclusion (probably) that your army lists need tweaking, how you're using them needs improvement... .... but remember this:

The definition of insanity is attempting to do the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I suspect you're probably young - and if you are - you are incredibly mature to be able to do this kind of problem identification.


   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut





 hotsauceman1 wrote:
Hiya.
Lately I have been getting salty during games and it gets to be almost clockwork and I don't like it. It seems no matter what I play I get upset and frustrated, even if I win to the point I don't feel like a win.
I need help, my group says it's bad, but that because they all know me outside of it, they know I'm more angry at myself than them. I even hit a table.
I know it's just a game, but it's hard enjoy if I keep getting my booty handed to me.
Can I get some help? Breaks don't help, and I'm not normally and angry person and I hate myself after it.


Listen and learn




However you need to find other people to play with that share you sense of fairness. Shop around for new gaming groups even if you must travel further afield to do so. I used to travel over an hour and a half begging my parents to drive me than pick me up to play with "plastic toys" Suck it up man. You got this.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2019/01/14 08:10:58


 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





 Dashofpepper wrote:
 hotsauceman1 wrote:
Hiya.
Lately I have been getting salty during games and it gets to be almost clockwork and I don't like it. It seems no matter what I play I get upset and frustrated, even if I win to the point I don't feel like a win.
I need help, my group says it's bad, but that because they all know me outside of it, they know I'm more angry at myself than them. I even hit a table.
I know it's just a game, but it's hard enjoy if I keep getting my booty handed to me.
Can I get some help? Breaks don't help, and I'm not normally and angry person and I hate myself after it.


I can help. Let's focus.

 hotsauceman1 wrote:

I know it's just a game, but it's hard enjoy if I keep getting my booty handed to me.


You may not have the tools to diagnose and correct this, and you are frustrated.

Dude, you're halfway fixed already. You understand WHY you are frustrated, but you don't know how to fix it. The tool you need is a critical thinking exercise - a root cause analysis.

People go to fancy schools for years to understand these concepts - of how to get to the bottom of an issue and fix it. At the end of this exercise, you're going to come to the conclusion (probably) that your army lists need tweaking, how you're using them needs improvement... .... but remember this:

The definition of insanity is attempting to do the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I suspect you're probably young - and if you are - you are incredibly mature to be able to do this kind of problem identification.


are you Actually serious ? OP posts looking for help with a mental issue and your advice is to "Get gud son!" ?? because beating your opponents will give them the same superiority complex that you seem to have.

That somehow making cheese lists will make OP feel all sunshine and rainbows ... good lord I've heard some complete twaddle peddled in these halls before now but this is a new low!

   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut





 Reanimation_Protocol wrote:
 Dashofpepper wrote:
 hotsauceman1 wrote:
Hiya.
Lately I have been getting salty during games and it gets to be almost clockwork and I don't like it. It seems no matter what I play I get upset and frustrated, even if I win to the point I don't feel like a win.
I need help, my group says it's bad, but that because they all know me outside of it, they know I'm more angry at myself than them. I even hit a table.
I know it's just a game, but it's hard enjoy if I keep getting my booty handed to me.
Can I get some help? Breaks don't help, and I'm not normally and angry person and I hate myself after it.


I can help. Let's focus.

 hotsauceman1 wrote:

I know it's just a game, but it's hard enjoy if I keep getting my booty handed to me.


You may not have the tools to diagnose and correct this, and you are frustrated.

Dude, you're halfway fixed already. You understand WHY you are frustrated, but you don't know how to fix it. The tool you need is a critical thinking exercise - a root cause analysis.

People go to fancy schools for years to understand these concepts - of how to get to the bottom of an issue and fix it. At the end of this exercise, you're going to come to the conclusion (probably) that your army lists need tweaking, how you're using them needs improvement... .... but remember this:

The definition of insanity is attempting to do the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I suspect you're probably young - and if you are - you are incredibly mature to be able to do this kind of problem identification.


are you Actually serious ? OP posts looking for help with a mental issue and your advice is to "Get gud son!" ?? because beating your opponents will give them the same superiority complex that you seem to have.

That somehow making cheese lists will make OP feel all sunshine and rainbows ... good lord I've heard some complete twaddle peddled in these halls before now but this is a new low!



What? Did you miss quote ?
   
Made in fi
Junior Officer with Laspistol







I play a lot of Hitman. Whenever I want to try a tricky silent assassin challenge where I can't get seen by anyone, I do it wearing a clown suit. Because it keeps me in the right mindset, you see. I'm not a soldier on the battlefield, or a sharp dressed speedrunner going for the world record, but just some doofus in a big red wig and plastic nose.

In wargaming terms, this would translate to playing Orks, I guess. Or in my case, a bunch of Forge World junk like Medusas, Malcadors and so on. A constant visible reminder that no, I'm not doing this to be the best that ever was. I'm not in the finals at the Las Vegas Open, or being held at gunpoint. Just some dumbass who paid for an Arvus Lighter.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/01/14 09:01:58


"The place they go towards is a place even less imaginable to most of us than the city of happiness. I cannot describe it at all. It is possible it does not exist. But they seem to know where they are going, the ones who walk away from Omelas." 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





The Allfather wrote:
 Reanimation_Protocol wrote:
 Dashofpepper wrote:
Spoiler:
 hotsauceman1 wrote:
Hiya.
Lately I have been getting salty during games and it gets to be almost clockwork and I don't like it. It seems no matter what I play I get upset and frustrated, even if I win to the point I don't feel like a win.
I need help, my group says it's bad, but that because they all know me outside of it, they know I'm more angry at myself than them. I even hit a table.
I know it's just a game, but it's hard enjoy if I keep getting my booty handed to me.
Can I get some help? Breaks don't help, and I'm not normally and angry person and I hate myself after it.


I can help. Let's focus.

Spoiler:
 hotsauceman1 wrote:

I know it's just a game, but it's hard enjoy if I keep getting my booty handed to me.


You may not have the tools to diagnose and correct this, and you are frustrated.

Dude, you're halfway fixed already. You understand WHY you are frustrated, but you don't know how to fix it. The tool you need is a critical thinking exercise - a root cause analysis.

People go to fancy schools for years to understand these concepts - of how to get to the bottom of an issue and fix it. At the end of this exercise, you're going to come to the conclusion (probably) that your army lists need tweaking, how you're using them needs improvement... .... but remember this:

The definition of insanity is attempting to do the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I suspect you're probably young - and if you are - you are incredibly mature to be able to do this kind of problem identification.


are you Actually serious ? OP posts looking for help with a mental issue and your advice is to "Get gud son!" ?? because beating your opponents will give them the same superiority complex that you seem to have.

That somehow making cheese lists will make OP feel all sunshine and rainbows ... good lord I've heard some complete twaddle peddled in these halls before now but this is a new low!



What? Did you miss quote ?

no, I don't think so ... netlisting to curbstomp your opponents in a game to make yourself feel better about getting angry when you can't win.

that's just plain bad bad bad advice.

   
Made in de
Big Mek in Kustom Dragster with Soopa-Gun





Something from a completely different angle:

A lot of people get angry and frustrated more quickly when they are hungry.
After the games have been going on for some time people are at each other's throats, curse their dice and models, then you order pizza and suddenly the mood is back to happy gaming.

Always make sure to bring drinks and snacks for yourself, and maybe some model-friendly snacks to share with your opponent. I know at least two players who are completely unbearable to play with or against when the are not well fed. Combine that with me being the same kind of person and a single bag of M&Ms makes the difference between two grown men having a good time or yelling at each other over consolidates.

Take this in addition to the great advice given above.
If none of that helps - if you are not having fun playing WH40k, stop playing WH40k. I know I did, and it was a great choice at the time. I did the occasional game (usually joining large campaigns) to see if it was fun again and came back when 8th edition was released.
Don't waste your free time on stuff you are not enjoying.

Drager wrote:
I'd heard there would be a clatter, then perhaps a hiss, but that's not what it's like. We'd all been told that these things lurked in vents and crevices, that they could sneak up on a man no matter how alert, but that just wasn't what happened. We saw them coming, well, we heard them first, an ear-splitting boom as they accelerated across the plain. They must have been 2 miles away when we heard the crack, but we barely had time to lift our weapons before they were on us and then... past us. Running faster than I could follow. They didn't attack, didn't even try and it was then, as the whole platoon stared after them that a dread crept through me and I turned to see that which they had been running from.

-Infantryman Collins, 5th Umbra Rifles
 
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut





 Reanimation_Protocol wrote:
The Allfather wrote:
 Reanimation_Protocol wrote:
 Dashofpepper wrote:
Spoiler:
 hotsauceman1 wrote:
Hiya.
Lately I have been getting salty during games and it gets to be almost clockwork and I don't like it. It seems no matter what I play I get upset and frustrated, even if I win to the point I don't feel like a win.
I need help, my group says it's bad, but that because they all know me outside of it, they know I'm more angry at myself than them. I even hit a table.
I know it's just a game, but it's hard enjoy if I keep getting my booty handed to me.
Can I get some help? Breaks don't help, and I'm not normally and angry person and I hate myself after it.


I can help. Let's focus.

Spoiler:
 hotsauceman1 wrote:

I know it's just a game, but it's hard enjoy if I keep getting my booty handed to me.


You may not have the tools to diagnose and correct this, and you are frustrated.

Dude, you're halfway fixed already. You understand WHY you are frustrated, but you don't know how to fix it. The tool you need is a critical thinking exercise - a root cause analysis.

People go to fancy schools for years to understand these concepts - of how to get to the bottom of an issue and fix it. At the end of this exercise, you're going to come to the conclusion (probably) that your army lists need tweaking, how you're using them needs improvement... .... but remember this:

The definition of insanity is attempting to do the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I suspect you're probably young - and if you are - you are incredibly mature to be able to do this kind of problem identification.


are you Actually serious ? OP posts looking for help with a mental issue and your advice is to "Get gud son!" ?? because beating your opponents will give them the same superiority complex that you seem to have.

That somehow making cheese lists will make OP feel all sunshine and rainbows ... good lord I've heard some complete twaddle peddled in these halls before now but this is a new low!



What? Did you miss quote ?

no, I don't think so ... netlisting to curbstomp your opponents in a game to make yourself feel better about getting angry when you can't win.

that's just plain bad bad bad advice.



I'm having trouble identifying where he suggests net lists, and git gud? His link to Root Cause Analysis seems helpful. Maybe you could elaborate? Or not maybe that will cause more flaming. Anyways I'm confused so I asked. Maybe I should have not asked. I also don't think that arguing with the guy will help much, from experience. Tho I'm probably being hypocritical and guilty of arguing with people.





Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Jidmah wrote:
Something from a completely different angle:

A lot of people get angry and frustrated more quickly when they are hungry.
After the games have been going on for some time people are at each other's throats, curse their dice and models, then you order pizza and suddenly the mood is back to happy gaming.

Always make sure to bring drinks and snacks for yourself, and maybe some model-friendly snacks to share with your opponent. I know at least two players who are completely unbearable to play with or against when the are not well fed. Combine that with me being the same kind of person and a single bag of M&Ms makes the difference between two grown men having a good time or yelling at each other over consolidates.

Take this in addition to the great advice given above.
If none of that helps - if you are not having fun playing WH40k, stop playing WH40k. I know I did, and it was a great choice at the time. I did the occasional game (usually joining large campaigns) to see if it was fun again and came back when 8th edition was released.
Don't waste your free time on stuff you are not enjoying.


Actually this a great solution. Buy you, and your friends snacks, it's hard to get angry when people are eating around around you. They will like you more as a bonus you will become snack guy instead of angry guy. Ask them for help. And yes it may be advisable to see a therapist. Good luck man. Like I said you got this. The guy above this qoute or the first qoute is right however. You're actually doing really amazing to identify that you have an anger issue. I have an anger issue from ptsd It's good to own it.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2019/01/14 09:11:27


 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





The Allfather wrote:

I'm having trouble identifying where he suggests net lists, and git gud? His link to Root Cause Analysis seems helpful. Maybe you could elaborate? Or not maybe that will cause more flaming. Anyways I'm confused so I asked. Maybe I should have not asked. I also don't think that arguing with the guy will help much, from experience. Tho I'm probably being hypocritical and guilty of arguing with people.

it's no biggy there's no flamewar, I just don't think this forum is the best place to seek help but OP seeking any help at all is a great idea and a huge step! so kudos to them!

to clarify ... in this situation RCA is probably not the best tool, especially if it leads OP or anyone else to the thought that the root cause of their unhappiness or anger is "not winning"

therefore the key to being happy is Winning .. thus Dashofpepper suggests that making more competitive lists is the key to happiness and the perception that "I am only happy when I WIN!"

this is NOT the case at all and OP has been suggested a lot of other better advice, mostly seek some professional assistance.


   
Made in gb
Black Templar Recruit Undergoing Surgeries



Defending Terra

 hotsauceman1 wrote:
Hiya.
Lately I have been getting salty during games and it gets to be almost clockwork and I don't like it. It seems no matter what I play I get upset and frustrated, even if I win to the point I don't feel like a win.
I need help, my group says it's bad, but that because they all know me outside of it, they know I'm more angry at myself than them. I even hit a table.
I know it's just a game, but it's hard enjoy if I keep getting my booty handed to me.
Can I get some help? Breaks don't help, and I'm not normally and angry person and I hate myself after it.


Read Meditations by Marcus Aurelius for a more stoic mindset.

Currently fortifying this position. 
   
Made in ch
Maddening Mutant Boss of Chaos





At op, take the worst options, in the worst way and play lower points, your opponent should do the same, then beginn with the insanity.

F.e.500 pts only assult units and 1 Hq.

Basically small Mini matches with arbitrary additional restrictions.

Or 1000 pts only hq's.

Etc. Basically from the start allready intend to have a very random match.
Infact you could do that via lot.

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Boston-area [Watertown] Massachusetts

 Peregrine wrote:
Stop playing. Problem solved.

Also, consider therapy to work on your anger issues. That kind of behavior is annoying in a hobby, in other contexts it can get you fired, divorced, etc.


I want to second this. I had the SAME ISSUE, up to and including embarrassing my team mates at an Adepticon.

Seeking therapy is not a weakness, nor is is shameful. It HELPS. Also, do not try and self-therapy or self-medicate.

If you need support, I am here for you. Drop me a PM.

--Brian



Falling down is the same as being hit by a planet — "I paint to the 20 foot rule, it saves a lot of time." -- Me
ddogwood wrote:People who feel the need to cheat at Warhammer deserve pity, not anger. I mean, how pathetic does your life have to be to make you feel like you need to cheat at your toy army soldiers game?
 
   
Made in ca
Pyromaniac Hellhound Pilot





London, Ontario

Hi There, OP.

I would strongly encourage speaking with a professional. While we are all well meaning persons, we (probably) aren’t trained persons and our best, well-meaning advice may not be suitable for you.

I’ve dealt with depression, anger, and anxiety over the years. In each case, the biggest step forward was talking to a professional. A community councillor, a psychiatrist and a doctor, in turn. Each was able to help me with different tools to deal and improve my well being.

If you have a doctor, they could probably refer you to someone that can help.
   
Made in us
Powerful Pegasus Knight






Don't play - take a break for a year or two and work on other hobbies. Maybe stick with only painting/the hobby side and build up a new army.

Hit the gym, skip game night, counselor up
   
Made in gb
Cog in the Machine





North-East UK

 hotsauceman1 wrote:
 Stormonu wrote:
Have you by chance noticed any pattern to what seems to set you off?

Is it specific to certain games (just 40K) or any game/activity you’ve been playing lately? Is it specific opponents?

It seemed to start after I played this one guy for winning the league we are in. I have been playing knights and enjoying it. Bit then he post tailered against me but proxying 3 shadowsords and a bunch of other stuff and wiped the floor with me.
As to other issues, I'm not sure, my home life is fine, my job can be stressful, but I love it, money issues are a problem but I'm working on that myself.
I honestly just get frustrated by games.


I see the issue here within the context of the game.

The main issue is that Knights are a rock-paper-scissors army. They either win by a wide margin or lose by a wide margin in more, laid-back games because of how they have been written. That and Proxy's can be real annoying when you've spend a ton on models only for your opponent to not fork in the same level of investment.

This maybe the issue you are having when you say you get annoyed when you win or lose games in relation to Knights. This isn't your fault, nor your opponents but an issue the game has.

The only thing I can recommend is to either put more focus on other aspects of the hobby like painting and modelling or if you can find the crowd swap out for a different game?

I can only advise you from my own experiences. I loved my Night Lords back at the start of 8th ed. and I still love them in lore and hobby but as the game moved forward it became apparent that GW fell back into their power creeping ways and it would frustrate me profusely.

So what did I do? I swapped out. There was a few people who only dabble in indie games away from GW (such as Batman, Malifaux, Fallout, etc), and I played batman with my old minis and since then I haven't looked back. What I also found was that the attitudes of my opponents were less critical of the mathhammer than the 40k crowd I was more used to. they were more light hearted and whilst there was still discussions on tactics and theory, it wasn't nearly as critical of option-taking as the 40k crowd is. It really helped me re-energise my hobby again. Now I can't recommend moving to a completely new game but maybe Kill-Team or a FFG RPG might just help.

Out of the game I can't recommend anything that is already mentioned by other posters.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/01/15 15:01:58


Dark Mechanicum (30/40k): WIP
Night Lords (30/40k): WIP
Orks: 6000pts
Batman Miniatures Game: Mr.Freeze, Joker, Bane, Scarecrow, Wonderland, Court of Owls and the big, bad Bat!
Dr.Who Miniatures Game: The Dalek Empire! 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[EX-MOD]






Svalarheima, MA

 greatbigtree wrote:
Hi There, OP.

I would strongly encourage speaking with a professional. While we are all well meaning persons, we (probably) aren’t trained persons and our best, well-meaning advice may not be suitable for you.

I’ve dealt with depression, anger, and anxiety over the years. In each case, the biggest step forward was talking to a professional. A community councillor, a psychiatrist and a doctor, in turn. Each was able to help me with different tools to deal and improve my well being.

If you have a doctor, they could probably refer you to someone that can help.


Probably the best advice in this whole thread - and seconded!
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





Feasting on the souls of unworthy opponents

 Reanimation_Protocol wrote:


therefore the key to being happy is Winning .. thus Dashofpepper suggests that making more competitive lists is the key to happiness and the perception that "I am only happy when I WIN!"

this is NOT the case at all and OP has been suggested a lot of other better advice, mostly seek some professional assistance.



That is a bad interpretation of my advice. That is not what I suggested. What I *did* suggest:

-The OP has the incredible emotional maturity to recognize that he HAS a problem, and identify it.
-Identifying a problem is the first step in solving a problem.
-The way to solve a problem is a fundamental engineering process.
-He should complete the process.
-I provided a link for his further reading.

He's literally laid it out, which has an inevitable conclusion with the facts he's provided.

The OP doesn't need to win more games. The OP needs to finish solving this problem using the established and universally accepted problem solving technique. He's done half the work without realizing it, and just needs to learn the math to finish solving the problem.



   
Made in ca
Pyromaniac Hellhound Pilot





London, Ontario

I tend to get suspicious of “inevitable conclusions” and “universally accepted” anything.

While I believe the intentions are good, there are no emotional panacea that I’m aware of. Everyone’s different and what works for some may not work for others. Be careful not to oversell the advice.
   
Made in us
Nasty Nob





Denver, Colorado

 Undead_Love-Machine wrote:
You need to keep in mind that while the objective of any game is to win, the point of any game is to have fun.



I like this a lot. And if you're not having fun in the game, you're missing the point.

Now, granted. No one likes to lose. No one likes to play OP cheese, and no one likes to get turn 1 tabled. But it does happen, and it's not worth getting upset over.

But if you get super pissed over rolling dice with some friends, it's probably worth asking why that is. It's probably something entirely unrelated to the game you're playing.
   
Made in us
Legendary Master of the Chapter






"Its only a game why you heff to be mad"


Honestly getting a bit steamed is fine. things get tense but it passes and it has to pass.

If it doesn't pass then you may need to seek actual medical or psychological help. not from internet armchair psychologists.

Personally as a youth id get really mad at games too. but then i realized its not worth it and not worth losing friends or potential friends.

 Unit1126PLL wrote:
 Scott-S6 wrote:
And yet another thread is hijacked for Unit to ask for the same advice, receive the same answers and make the same excuses.

Oh my god I'm becoming martel.
Send help!

 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





Feasting on the souls of unworthy opponents

 greatbigtree wrote:
I tend to get suspicious of “inevitable conclusions” and “universally accepted” anything.

While I believe the intentions are good, there are no emotional panacea that I’m aware of. Everyone’s different and what works for some may not work for others. Be careful not to oversell the advice.


You're going to have a hard sell to convince me that this is not a universally accepted problem solving technique.

OP did the first three. Now he just needs to finish.

   
Made in ca
Slaanesh Chosen Marine Riding a Fiend





ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

 Desubot wrote:
"Its only a game why you heff to be mad"


Honestly getting a bit steamed is fine. things get tense but it passes and it has to pass.

If it doesn't pass then you may need to seek actual medical or psychological help. not from internet armchair psychologists.

Personally as a youth id get really mad at games too. but then i realized its not worth it and not worth losing friends or potential friends.


Ilya Bryzgalov has changed since he left the NHL.

Pro-Pain and Pro-Pain Accessories


The Fall of Kronstaat IV - Война Народная The People's War
The Plog - A [NSFW] Slaanesh Soup with Red Army Seasoning
The Fluff - Волшебная Сказка A Fairy Tale
 
   
Made in us
Veteran Inquisitorial Tyranid Xenokiller





I'm thinking that the OP's anger issues may be a combination of multiple things.

OP, what part of Warhammer 40k/AoS is your favorite? Like, which part to you is the most fun- and at what point does it stop being fun?
   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut




Can I get some help? Breaks don't help, and I'm not normally and angry person and I hate myself after it.


If you break into sudden bursts of rage sometimes even outside the game for no apparent reason, go to a doctor and have your thyroid checked. That thing can cause major mood issues.
   
Made in us
Veteran Inquisitorial Tyranid Xenokiller





XuQishi wrote:
If you break into sudden bursts of rage sometimes even outside the game for no apparent reason, go to a doctor and have your thyroid checked. That thing can cause major mood issues.


I just learned something new.

I also know things like diet, work hours, sleep, all that stuff could be getting to the OP.

I used to be real aggressive (you saw it on here a lot, I will be the first to say). A lot of it had to do with the way I was sleeping and the situations I dealt with at work.
   
 
Forum Index » Dakka Discussions
Go to: