Switch Theme:

Warhammer fest 2019  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in nl
Moustache-twirling Princeps




We'll find out soon enough eh.

At this point the only thing I want to hear from GW is "our new factory and warehousing space is operational, so we can keep new things in stock and stop culling our classic model range".

I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in gb
Lit By the Flames of Prospero





Bodt

I'm happy to do that for people for a small fee plus postage. Pm me if interested.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/08 14:11:04


Heresy World Eaters/Night Lords Genestealer cults.

Instagram: nagrakali_love_songs 
   
Made in us
Scarred Ultramarine Tyrannic War Veteran






I would love to get those objective markers and dice tray.

The event exclusive items concept is terrible IMO. Making and showing off items that are inaccessible to >50% of your customer base is simply bad business.
   
Made in gb
Lit By the Flames of Prospero





Bodt

 oni wrote:
I would love to get those objective markers and dice tray.

The event exclusive items concept is terrible IMO. Making and showing off items that are inaccessible to >50% of your customer base is simply bad business.


Not really, the idea is that it encourages people to spend more money going to the event. Of course with the ease of buying and selling online anyone is able to get these anyway, usually at a marked up price, but gw doesn't care about scalpers as that money is eventually making its way to them regardless.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/08 14:13:54


Heresy World Eaters/Night Lords Genestealer cults.

Instagram: nagrakali_love_songs 
   
Made in gb
Mekboy Hammerin' Somethin'





UK

posted in wrong thread ignore

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/08 16:09:12


 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




UK

One thing I notice is that from the FW exclusives its all 40K stuff. I wonder if FW is just outright abandoning AoS and focusing purely on 40K now.

I know they formed and then unformed an AoS team within FW and I also noticed that with regard to the greater demons that FW sells many are not really "as good" as their AoS counterparts even though they've had rules revisions.
I wonder if we are seeing a subtle shift whereby FW is going to focus on the smaller games and 40K and just leave AoS totally alone. Thus far they've only delivered a few alternate heads for Stormcast and the Khorne Dragon, which if I recall right started its life way back in the End Times campaign era. That's honestly a really tiny output for what should be GW's second most strong selling product line.


This might just be a short term thing, might be that FW just hasn't got the situation right to produce much for AoS, but I'm getting the worrying feeling that its just not bothering to focus on AoS at all. Which would be a really sad thing considering how rich and big GW has made the AoS setting to then not have FW there to produce a load of alternate sculpts and monsters and beasties and creations to help flesh and support that game.


Heck it could even be that FW just hasn't sold much for AoS at all, though I could say that's the fault of the community marketing team somewhat if they aren't pushing FW models on gamers. Not showing off things like Wolfrats or Carmine dragons or Greater Demon sculpts etc...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/08 16:37:36


A Blog in Miniature - now featuring reviews of many new Black Library books (latest Novellas) 
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





 queen_annes_revenge wrote:
 oni wrote:
I would love to get those objective markers and dice tray.

The event exclusive items concept is terrible IMO. Making and showing off items that are inaccessible to >50% of your customer base is simply bad business.


Not really, the idea is that it encourages people to spend more money going to the event. Of course with the ease of buying and selling online anyone is able to get these anyway, usually at a marked up price, but gw doesn't care about scalpers as that money is eventually making its way to them regardless.


yeah except thats hobby money I'm spending on airfair and hotel rooms.

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in de
Inspiring Icon Bearer






 Overread wrote:
Which would be a really sad thing considering how rich and big GW has made the AoS setting to then not have FW there to produce a load of alternate sculpts and monsters and beasties and creations to help flesh and support that game.


That might just be the problem. Regardless of how much work GW has invested in Age of Sigmar, the game's actual model lines are still in their infancy. Hysh and Ulgu elves? Use old models. Non-Chaos Humans? Use old models. Undead? Straight out of Sylvania.

Overlords and fish elves are great additions, and fleshing out ranges like goblins and Daughters of Khaine serves a similar purpose. But I get the impression the main studio is not in a position they want the game to be, so Forgeworld doesn't get to do much with the setting until Age of Sigmar proper has been established enough in the eyes of the main studio.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




UK

 Geifer wrote:
 Overread wrote:
Which would be a really sad thing considering how rich and big GW has made the AoS setting to then not have FW there to produce a load of alternate sculpts and monsters and beasties and creations to help flesh and support that game.


That might just be the problem. Regardless of how much work GW has invested in Age of Sigmar, the game's actual model lines are still in their infancy. Hysh and Ulgu elves? Use old models. Non-Chaos Humans? Use old models. Undead? Straight out of Sylvania.

Overlords and fish elves are great additions, and fleshing out ranges like goblins and Daughters of Khaine serves a similar purpose. But I get the impression the main studio is not in a position they want the game to be, so Forgeworld doesn't get to do much with the setting until Age of Sigmar proper has been established enough in the eyes of the main studio.


Thing is right now half the models have Battletomes and so, at least in lore, are clearly defined now by GW. Even if FW was only making stormcast, beasts for Chaos and models for fully updated armies (eg Idoneth, KO, Daughters of Khaine etc.....) it would be something. I don't see any point in waiting since to update all the old model lines with new sculpts might take the better part of 10 years to achieve.

A Blog in Miniature - now featuring reviews of many new Black Library books (latest Novellas) 
   
Made in de
Inspiring Icon Bearer






 Overread wrote:
 Geifer wrote:
 Overread wrote:
Which would be a really sad thing considering how rich and big GW has made the AoS setting to then not have FW there to produce a load of alternate sculpts and monsters and beasties and creations to help flesh and support that game.


That might just be the problem. Regardless of how much work GW has invested in Age of Sigmar, the game's actual model lines are still in their infancy. Hysh and Ulgu elves? Use old models. Non-Chaos Humans? Use old models. Undead? Straight out of Sylvania.

Overlords and fish elves are great additions, and fleshing out ranges like goblins and Daughters of Khaine serves a similar purpose. But I get the impression the main studio is not in a position they want the game to be, so Forgeworld doesn't get to do much with the setting until Age of Sigmar proper has been established enough in the eyes of the main studio.


Thing is right now half the models have Battletomes and so, at least in lore, are clearly defined now by GW. Even if FW was only making stormcast, beasts for Chaos and models for fully updated armies (eg Idoneth, KO, Daughters of Khaine etc.....) it would be something. I don't see any point in waiting since to update all the old model lines with new sculpts might take the better part of 10 years to achieve.


And if I was product manager at GW you wouldn't even have to tell me that, but GW's policy on this kind of stuff seems pretty clear to me. Let's think back to Slaanesh mortals (just as an example, please don't clutter the thread with another endless discussion of them). Slaanesh gets updated for Age of Sigmar. Slaanesh mortals aren't happening because the design team doesn't know what to do with them yet. In many other companies they'd be told to come up with something, what with it being their job and getting paid for it and all. At GW, they get way with it and no matter how much the customers might desire mortal models, they'll get just daemons because GW slated and update for a week ago and that's all that was available at the time.

That's GW's propagated MO. They are happy to leave people hanging because they still sell what they're making just fine. There's no commercial pressure to change that approach.

Forge World seems like an extension of that. They get overarching direction from GW but can do whatever they want within very wide limits, at whatever pace they're choosing. Horus Heresy seems to be suffering from that as well. So my take is unless GW steps in to raise an Age of Sigmar team and have them do dedicated work, that's just not going to happen. And GW isn't going to step in because they're happy to let things go easy. If true it's a vicious circle that nobody at GW actually wants to get out of, to the detriment of people like you who'd like for Forge World to explore neglected corners of the setting. Or make a full line of Fimir, I guess.

I think the AoS staff are really happy with all the marvelous things they can do with the new, shiny setting, and don't see a need to share the fun just yet.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in es
Brutal Black Orc




Barcelona, Spain

From WU:O's discord:

Hi @everyone! Very exciting news today. I'm delighted to confirm that we will be bringing a playable pre-alpha demo build of Warhammer Underworlds: Online to Warhammer Fest this weekend! Our very own @Clinton and @Rennihammer are currently flying their way all around the world to Coventry to show the build to you in person.

Now, we know that only some of you will be able to attend this event in the UK, so we're currently trying to line up a stream in the near future so everyone can see what the lucky Warhammer Fest attendees will be seeing this weekend.

Now VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION. This build that we are showing is PRE-ALPHA. The demo features an express version of Underworlds with limited features and rules. More features will be available later. These are the major rules changes you can expect for the demo:

Prechosen warbands and decks - Play either :Fiends: Magore's Fiends :Fiends: or :Steelhearts: Steelheart's Champions :Steelhearts: with pre-constructed decks.

Express Setup - Board, Objective and Fighter placement are randomised.

Glorious Start - Both players start with 1 bonus Glory :glory:

Quick Battle - Game ends after two rounds (third end phase objectives will be scored at the end of the second round).

Please rest assured that full board setup and rules, deckbuilding and full length games will be available at Early Access release. If you have any questions, I will be around on Discord for the next few hours. If you're going to be at Warhammer Fest, let us know to look out for you! We hope you have a Glorious day :smile: :glory:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/09 07:40:11


 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





 Overread wrote:
Guys click on the link in Mad Doc Grotsnik's signature (two posts up). It's a Facebook group that specialises in grabbing exclusives from events and then passing them on to other gamers.



Remember lots of people have signatures turned off.
I do and just looked but there isn’t a way to see someone’s sig unless you go and turn it back on just for the one link.

Can we post the Facebook link here? That’d be useful for some I’d think. (If Facebook links are allowed?)
   
Made in es
Longtime Dakkanaut





Is anyone going to watch today's twitch?

If so, please comment
   
Made in fr
Longtime Dakkanaut






Danny76 wrote:
 Overread wrote:
Guys click on the link in Mad Doc Grotsnik's signature (two posts up). It's a Facebook group that specialises in grabbing exclusives from events and then passing them on to other gamers.



Remember lots of people have signatures turned off.
I do and just looked but there isn’t a way to see someone’s sig unless you go and turn it back on just for the one link.

Can we post the Facebook link here? That’d be useful for some I’d think. (If Facebook links are allowed?)


Allow me:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/40k-warhammer-and-general-wargames-trip-loot-sharing-1710575492567307/
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





Probably after the stream for me


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Awesome thanks.
I see a lot of people asking about it.
I can only assume if they ask, they can’t see his signature as it’s quite clear on there.
(And it is way better on mobiles without sigs to be sure..)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/09 13:54:57


 
   
Made in us
Scarred Ultramarine Tyrannic War Veteran






Danny76 wrote:
 Overread wrote:
Guys click on the link in Mad Doc Grotsnik's signature (two posts up). It's a Facebook group that specialises in grabbing exclusives from events and then passing them on to other gamers.



Remember lots of people have signatures turned off.
I do and just looked but there isn’t a way to see someone’s sig unless you go and turn it back on just for the one link.

Can we post the Facebook link here? That’d be useful for some I’d think. (If Facebook links are allowed?)


I have signatures disabled and I don't do Facebook. Seems like my only option will be eBay.
   
Made in gb
Council of 13 Runner Up






When I go a-lootin' next (no time soon! Lootin' Wagon is d.e.d.), I'll see if the Mods will allow a Dakka Looting Thread.


Fed up for Scalpers? Why not join us? 
   
Made in fr
Longtime Dakkanaut




I heard Teclis was coming with some new elves in a not-too-distant future.
There's someone in my local area who knows things well in advance, and this rumor supposedly comes from him, but I can't trace it back for certain. But if it's true, there's a good chance it will be included in the preview.
   
Made in us
Morphing Obliterator






 queen_annes_revenge wrote:
 oni wrote:
I would love to get those objective markers and dice tray.

The event exclusive items concept is terrible IMO. Making and showing off items that are inaccessible to >50% of your customer base is simply bad business.


Not really, the idea is that it encourages people to spend more money going to the event. Of course with the ease of buying and selling online anyone is able to get these anyway, usually at a marked up price, but gw doesn't care about scalpers as that money is eventually making its way to them regardless.


This argument is getting tiresome.

Let's say there are 4000 of us here in the states that want these items.
Let's say 400 people attend the event.
Let's say 40 of those 400 come from the 4000 people in the states.
Let's say these were for sale at 40$ per set.

400 people will buy them. (40 * 400 = 16000$)
40 of the 4000 will buy them. (40 * 40 = 1600$)
3980 people still want to buy them but cannot. (3980 * 40 = 159200$)

16000$ total sales.
1600$ sales from the 40 of us who got to go.

159200$ in LOST SALES due to those who could not attend and will be unable to purchase the product.

Please, put this insane "BuT iT MaHkes Us MoNeYs" crap to bed. It doesn't. It's an outdated sales ploy from decades past that has long outlived its usefulness in the digital age.
   
Made in es
Longtime Dakkanaut





9th edition of 40k??
   
Made in gb
Bounding Assault Marine





Scotland

Wrong thread!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/09 15:20:03


 
   
Made in gb
Mysterious Techpriest




United Kingdom

I missed the start of the Orange Box Preview - is anyone screenshotting?
   
Made in es
Longtime Dakkanaut





   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Wicked Warp Spider





London, UK

That needs a thread in itself to be honest!

5000 Fir Farillecassion Eldar 4th Ed Codex - 14/7/1 6th Ed Codex - 9/1/0 7th Ed Codex - 4/1/1 8th Ed Codex - 4/1/0
2000 Hive Fleet Zenith
Excavating eBay: My blog of eBay finds and the pile of shame!
Instagram, follow if you dare!
 
   
Made in gb
Bounding Assault Marine





Scotland

Everything they are showing will be available to buy this weekend and I think they'll put it up on Warhammer Community later.
   
Made in de
Inspiring Icon Bearer






This is so disappointing. I was promised Half-Life 3 out of the orange unboxing.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in nl
Blood Angel Terminator with Lightning Claws





The Netherlands

Weird that they use a platform where only 400 people seem to be watching as the announcement for the new edition. But I guess more info will come this weekend.

Did anyone that watched it catch any tidbits?

- -  
   
Made in us
Rampaging Carnifex





South Florida

Wait what? 9th edition? More info please!

   
Made in ca
Been Around the Block





I wasn't watching, but people who were say it was a joke on the stream. Seems he said something along the lines of "that is something we would look into for 9th edition"
   
Made in nl
Blood Angel Terminator with Lightning Claws





The Netherlands

New AdMech Armiger variants from Forge World were previewed:


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Two more views from MajorNese on B&C


[Thumb - Screenshot_2019-05-09_17.19.13.png]

[Thumb - Screenshot_2019-05-09_17.19.24.png]

[Thumb - Screenshot_2019-05-09_17.19.59.png]

[Thumb - Screenshot_2019-05-09_17.40.40.png]

[Thumb - Screenshot_2019-05-09_17.40.51.png]

[Thumb - Screenshot_2019-05-09_17.41.07.png]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/09 16:28:41


- -  
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: