Switch Theme:

[Modiphius] - Fallout Wasteland Warfare 2021 thread: Terrain Competition results and July Releases  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
[DCM]
Battlefield Tourist





On an Express Elevator to Hell!!

Wow have to say some really fantastic stuff there!

New Vegas is the one FO game I'm not familiar with but these look super cool (and this now makes me want to play it!)

Epic 30K&40K! A new players guide, contributors welcome https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/751316.page
Small but perfectly formed! A Great Crusade Epic 6mm project: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/694411.page
 
   
Made in gb
Bane Knight






 Kanluwen wrote:

Without making you work too hard, JonWebb, any suggestions for a good small kit to get a feel for the product range?


Hey Kan.

My advice is always start with what you think is cool . So, is there a part of Fallout you really like? A certain character or faction?

The promo figures are often interesting little pieces that don't quite fit in the standard line (Nuka Girl or the Mysterious Stranger for example).

Otherwise one of the smaller character packs are a good start. Heroes of Sanctuary Hills is a perennial favourite.

I'm quite partial to the Super Mutant Overlord set, two of the larger figures in the range and nice bold details to paint.

All our figures have the sculpted bases and are of the "same" quality sculpt wise (though I think the newer stuff is even better than the launch as we have improved our 3D printing and resin casting even more) so grab what catches your eye.

One note on the release, this is six months worth of product that has been revealed. This was not the reveal we had planned but the cat is out of the bag. Don't expect this to all drop month one (though there will be NCR and Legion bundles for an advance order on the first three sub waves when this launches).

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/02/17 09:38:11


...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





I’d imagine those ‘Core’ sets are probably quite a good start to dip in.
The NCR one for instance.
I haven’t looked at existing stuff in ages to remember any of it, so just going by these new ones anyway.
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

I'll have to see what my FLGS has on the shelf, but I'm thinking Enclave.

Maybe if I'm lucky they would have one of those promo NCR Rangers!
   
Made in gb
Bane Knight






 Kanluwen wrote:
I'll have to see what my FLGS has on the shelf, but I'm thinking Enclave.

Maybe if I'm lucky they would have one of those promo NCR Rangers!


Enclave are a good one, very elite, so small numbers (= cheaper and faster to paint )

They play with a synergy approach, with each type of armour suit offering a localised aura that buffs the other team members to represent their training and special ops approach to warfare.

Then you have Frank...

...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

Plus they have sweet hats.
   
Made in gb
Bane Knight






 Kanluwen wrote:
Plus they have sweet hats.


I can get behind using hats as justification for choosing an army.

Its why elves are the best.

...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






Cool stuff. Been too long since I looked at Fallout models. Or got to play...

So, being just a little out of the loop, are there any plans to do New Vegas Raiders or are the Fallout 4 Raiders considered good enough? Asking because I think the Fallout 3 Raider outfits are way cooler than the ones from Fallout 4.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 JonWebb wrote:
Its why elves are the best.


If I had a book of grudges, you'd be in it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/02/17 14:37:23


Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in gb
Bane Knight






 Geifer wrote:
Cool stuff. Been too long since I looked at Fallout models. Or got to play...

So, being just a little out of the loop, are there any plans to do New Vegas Raiders or are the Fallout 4 Raiders considered good enough? Asking because I think the Fallout 3 Raider outfits are way cooler than the ones from Fallout 4.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 JonWebb wrote:
Its why elves are the best.


If I had a book of grudges, you'd be in it.


No New Vegas Raiders in this wave, but I am planning on some raider related fun in the future for sure.

There are plenty of flavours of Raider in Fallout, so it will be nice to show some more of them...

Dwarves are cool too, but Elves have better hats

...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






Good to hear. The Raider part, not the elf part.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

Will the NCR have access to Sentry Bots, for curiosity's sake?

I have a soft spot for those old lunks, and I think my FLGS has one on the shelf!
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka






A good start is the base boxed set. Then you get a variety of everything for the price.

Second would be a survivors box, and a mutants box.

THAT is the way to get your vault up and running, and play through with your group. THEN the add ons of the critters, and then start from there.
2 or three boxes of critters is a good match for any dwellers stomping around on those patrols.

Because everyone knows that those nuclear winter patrols almost make you wish for a stroll across the Mojave.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/02/17 16:07:17




At Games Workshop, we believe that how you behave does matter. We believe this so strongly that we have written it down in the Games Workshop Book. There is a section in the book where we talk about the values we expect all staff to demonstrate in their working lives. These values are Lawyers, Guns and Money. 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Kanluwen wrote:
Will the NCR have access to Sentry Bots, for curiosity's sake?

I have a soft spot for those old lunks, and I think my FLGS has one on the shelf!


Depends on the game mode. The default, Narrative mode (which has a Vs mode an solo/co-op), you can pretty much do whatever you want outside of a few edge cases (like super mutants can't wear powerarmor) but even then, if a solo game, you could ignore all of those if you really want.

Battlemode is where it's restricted and we'll have to see what Jon and the playtesters decide I guess.
   
Made in gb
Bane Knight






 Monkeysloth wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
Will the NCR have access to Sentry Bots, for curiosity's sake?

I have a soft spot for those old lunks, and I think my FLGS has one on the shelf!


Depends on the game mode. The default, Narrative mode (which has a Vs mode an solo/co-op), you can pretty much do whatever you want outside of a few edge cases (like super mutants can't wear powerarmor) but even then, if a solo game, you could ignore all of those if you really want.

Battlemode is where it's restricted and we'll have to see what Jon and the playtesters decide I guess.


I’ll check the lists tomorrow. We usually are pretty open with robots for BM and the playtesters have coerced me into giving even more options out.

You should have seen BM version one, no one got to take much of anything

...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in gb
Darkwolf



West Sussex, UK

Humble Bundle is up for a large collection of 3D printing STLs and some of the RPG books.

Great deal here, even if you already have the RPGs.

I picked up the top bundle in case I ever get a 3D printer as the value was too good not to

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/books-bundle-fallout-rpg-and-3d-miniatures-modiphius-books

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/02/17 20:27:34


 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





I already have everything there or I'd jump on it. Great deal that supports charity.
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

Dang. I almost bought a Sentry Bot too!

Spoiler:


I literally closed my eyes, grabbed the first thing on the shelf from the Enclave section, and then had one of the staff ring me up before I saw what I had.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





Word of note. Modiphius uses some really crazy mold release for their resin. I've never bothered to ever clean minis in like 10 years of being in this hobby but whatever they use is the most hydrophobic stuff I've seen.

You'll either need to clean them really well or use enamel spray primers (which seams to be what Modiphius employees recommend).
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

I like to clean stuff, so clean it is!
   
Made in gb
Bane Knight






 Monkeysloth wrote:
Word of note. Modiphius uses some really crazy mold release for their resin. I've never bothered to ever clean minis in like 10 years of being in this hobby but whatever they use is the most hydrophobic stuff I've seen.

You'll either need to clean them really well or use enamel spray primers (which seams to be what Modiphius employees recommend).


Its funny, I was chatting with the factory regarding this as its an issue that crops up now and again.

Word is, we use zero mould release on our in house product.

Now, we still use a 3rd party for some kits (including the Enclave) so I'd be interested to hear which kits caused problems (and to be clear I'm not saying the problems don't exist, I have had enough reports to know its out there).

It all helps in terms of me keeping on top of QC and if its isolated to one factory over the other then that is of note. Of course, if its both (or our in house team) then its really weird...

...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





Critters and the mirelurk hunters caused me some issues where I had to really work at it (paint just kept ripping off on the hunters with a touch including the primer). Just painted the mutant hounds from several boxes and one of them was a pain, ended up having to slowly build up the primer with an airbrush even after a good cleaning. The educated guess would be the one from the Hammer box. I'm planning on painting the rest of the super mutants this month so I'll probably have a good idea there if I find one that's similarly bad.

On the other end of things I've got the two main raider boxes primed and didn't clean them and had very little issue with them. They were the first set I started with but ended up painting the critters first and after the trouble I had with the Critters I started cleaning stuff.

I haven't painted anything else from any of the other factions outside of the PVC starter and a resin Deathclaw which I had cleaned.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 2021/02/17 21:30:59


 
   
Made in gb
Bane Knight






 Monkeysloth wrote:
Critters and the mirelurk hunters caused me some issues where I had to really work at it (paint just kept ripping off on the hunters with a touch including the primer). Just painted the mutant hounds from several boxes and one of them was a pain, ended up having to slowly build up the primer with an airbrush even after a good cleaning. The educated guess would be the one from the Hammer box. I'm planning on painting the rest of the super mutants this month so I'll probably have a good idea there if I find one that's similarly bad.

On the other end of things I've got the two main raider boxes primed and didn't clean them and had very little issue with them. They were the first set I started with but ended up painting the critters first and after the trouble I had with the Critters I started cleaning stuff.

I haven't painted anything else from any of the other factions outside of the PVC starter.


That is weird.

Mirelurks are us, Raiders are 3rd party. I’ll chat with Martin again and see if he has some ideas.

There definitely seems to be some difference with some primers being fine and others having a really bad time.


...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





My 3 main primers are Vallajio (via brush) and then Scale 75 and Badger Stynylrez (both via airbrush).

The Scale 75 stuff has given me the most issue but it's the color that I was wanting. The badger is what I painted the raiders with and that stuff tends to work on anything. And critters I started with Vallejo but moved to badger on airbrush to get the primer to stick. On the critters and that one super mutant hound the Vallejo (critters) and Scale 75 (hound) were actually beading up when I first applied them via a regular paint brush (I was trying out coverage for Scale 75 with their primer this way for the first time).

I could have also inadvertently made things worse if I did a long soak and scrub in dish soap water and then didn't rinse them properly I could have made a surface that repelled the primer.

Critters were the only ones I didn't clean that I had primer sticking issues would be a good data point to have as there's no potential human error on my side with them.

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at 2021/02/17 21:45:54


 
   
Made in gb
Bane Knight






 Monkeysloth wrote:
My 3 main primers are Vallajio (via brush) and then Scale 75 and Badger Stynylrez (both via airbrush).

The Scale 75 stuff has given me the most issue but it's the color that I was wanting. The badger is what I painted the raiders with and that stuff tends to work on anything. And critters I started with Vallejo but moved to badger on airbrush to get the primer to stick. On the critters and that one super mutant hound the Vallejo (critters) and Scale 75 (hound) were actually beading up when I first applied them via a regular paint brush (I was trying out coverage for Scale 75 with their primer this way for the first time).

I could have also inadvertently made things worse if I did a long soak and scrub in dish soap water and then didn't rinse them properly I could have made a surface that repelled the primer.

Critters were the only ones I didn't clean that I had primer sticking issues would be a good data point to have as there's no potential human error on my side with them.



Badger is what Adam (one of our painters) uses. He swears by it.

I use Vallejo through an airbrush and don’t have any issues other than very occasionally under the odd leg weirdly.

Not tried scale 75 primer (though I’m getting to love their pain).

Tbh, most of the time I use Halfords car body primer, that’s pretty much bullet proof.

...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





I'm pretty sure Vallejo would work via an airbrush but it's the only one that I have in black that works well via a brush as sometimes you just don't want to break out the airbrush setup.

I tend to not use spray cans for minis as I have a bit of a lead finger when it comes to them and it can get messy. So terrain only as it's less likely I'll ruin them.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





Aeneades wrote:
Humble Bundle is up for a large collection of 3D printing STLs and some of the RPG books.

Great deal here, even if you already have the RPGs.

I picked up the top bundle in case I ever get a 3D printer as the value was too good not to

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/books-bundle-fallout-rpg-and-3d-miniatures-modiphius-books


I already owned a bit over half this stuff, and it was still a crazy good deal. The Vertibird STL alone costs more than $18, which was the upper tier cost at the time I jumped on.

Looks like it's time to learn cutting and keying STLs in Blender, since the Vertibird was obviously designed for printers with much larger beds than my Mars....
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Psychopomp wrote:
Aeneades wrote:
Humble Bundle is up for a large collection of 3D printing STLs and some of the RPG books.

Great deal here, even if you already have the RPGs.

I picked up the top bundle in case I ever get a 3D printer as the value was too good not to

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/books-bundle-fallout-rpg-and-3d-miniatures-modiphius-books


I already owned a bit over half this stuff, and it was still a crazy good deal. The Vertibird STL alone costs more than $18, which was the upper tier cost at the time I jumped on.

Looks like it's time to learn cutting and keying STLs in Blender, since the Vertibird was obviously designed for printers with much larger beds than my Mars....


If you're on windows 8 or 10 MS 3d Builder makes this pretty simple to do. It's like a much simpler, but less feature rich Mesh Mixer. It's also got the more reliable Boolean merge.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




looking at all those new kits from New Vegas means it is going to be an expensive year for me depending on how they are getting released / distributed.
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

angel of death 007 wrote:
looking at all those new kits from New Vegas means it is going to be an expensive year for me depending on how they are getting released / distributed.

Jon Webb said this:
One note on the release, this is six months worth of product that has been revealed. This was not the reveal we had planned but the cat is out of the bag. Don't expect this to all drop month one (though there will be NCR and Legion bundles for an advance order on the first three sub waves when this launches).


I'm actually curious if that means I could preorder the NCR all in one go?
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





These are the last two pre-order bundels they did:

https://www.modiphius.net/products/fallout-wasteland-warfare-wasteland-creatures-mirelurk-bundle?variant=32228940841041

https://www.modiphius.net/products/fallout-wasteland-warfare-enclave-wave-faction-bundle?variant=32596198817873

Mirelurks had one of everything in it. Enclave didn't as Frank and one of the other sets had a later release date.

There's also supposed to be a new rulebook, think it's just new rules--not updated rules, so I'd expect that to be included and a card pack.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: