Switch Theme:

Warhammer Underworlds - "The Crimson Court" Vampire warband tease. P.108  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in tw
Longtime Dakkanaut





Cronch wrote:
Carlovonsexron wrote:
To be fair, heels began as a military (specifically cavalry) fashion for men

I double dare you to wear the 2" wide chunks that were cavalry heels and then try to wear the wibbly-wobble 5"-ers gaming companies love to put women figures in and tell me of your experience


How exactly might you react if I were to tell you I had?

That said, I haven't and don't intend to, but my initial comment was meant also meant as a joke. I feel like an actual spirited defense of moden womens heels on minis wouldn't take historical considerations into account at all, but rather take on aesthetics. That said, I think the heel aesthetics on minis is dumb

   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




Carlovonsexron wrote:
Cronch wrote:
Carlovonsexron wrote:
To be fair, heels began as a military (specifically cavalry) fashion for men

I double dare you to wear the 2" wide chunks that were cavalry heels and then try to wear the wibbly-wobble 5"-ers gaming companies love to put women figures in and tell me of your experience


How exactly might you react if I were to tell you I had?

That said, I haven't and don't intend to, but my initial comment was meant also meant as a joke. I feel like an actual spirited defense of moden womens heels on minis wouldn't take historical considerations into account at all, but rather take on aesthetics. That said, I think the heel aesthetics on minis is dumb


That would mean you think actual women look dumb in them. Your argument is grounded in theoretical practicality, not aesthetics.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





My default response to the heels argument:

https://youtu.be/W47cDTvyxW4

If Super Bitch can do that while wearing stiletto heels in real life, I think actual super humans in a fictional setting would be just fine.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/11/30 18:15:29


 
   
Made in de
Dakka Veteran





 zend wrote:
My default response to the heels argument:

https://youtu.be/W47cDTvyxW4

If Super Bitch can do that while wearing stiletto heels in real life, I think actual super humans in a fictional setting would be just fine.


The real question is whether they could look as fabulous doing so.
   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

 BertBert wrote:
 zend wrote:
My default response to the heels argument:

https://youtu.be/W47cDTvyxW4

If Super Bitch can do that while wearing stiletto heels in real life, I think actual super humans in a fictional setting would be just fine.


The real question is whether they could look as fabulous doing so.


The other question is why Sigvald is wearing flats

I AM A MARINE PLAYER

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





 zend wrote:
My default response to the heels argument:

https://youtu.be/W47cDTvyxW4

If Super Bitch can do that while wearing stiletto heels in real life, I think actual super humans in a fictional setting would be just fine.


Doing coreographed stunt after plenty of training for that stunt isn't same as reacting in changing battlefield in most efficient manner.
   
Made in us
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot





 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
JSG wrote:
A shame. This warband would have been a must buy if the female figures actually looked female.


What does this actually mean?

She looks like somebody did a headswap onto a male Chaos Warrior and there's nothing that really defines the silhouette - no, that's not the same thing as having boobplate/heels/showing skin, so much as the limitations of the models being so small. Compare the power armour on Sisters to her proportions/the men. Of course if there's any faction that could 'bulk out' her form it would be Chaos, but presumably that's not what they were going for here.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/11/30 18:27:27


 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





tneva82 wrote:
 zend wrote:
My default response to the heels argument:

https://youtu.be/W47cDTvyxW4

If Super Bitch can do that while wearing stiletto heels in real life, I think actual super humans in a fictional setting would be just fine.


Doing coreographed stunt after plenty of training for that stunt isn't same as reacting in changing battlefield in most efficient manner.


Must not be very good super human warriors if they don’t train in the war gear. Not that it matters because they’re FICTIONAL SUPER HUMANS. The writing dictates their ability to move on the battlefield, nothing else.
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
JSG wrote:
A shame. This warband would have been a must buy if the female figures actually looked female.


What does this actually mean?


You have eyes, you know what it means.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






 Arbitrator wrote:
 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
JSG wrote:
A shame. This warband would have been a must buy if the female figures actually looked female.


What does this actually mean?

She looks like somebody did a headswap onto a male Chaos Warrior and there's nothing that really defines the silhouette - no, that's not the same thing as having boobplate/heels/showing skin, so much as the limitations of the models being so small. Compare the power armour on Sisters to her proportions/the men. Of course if there's any faction that could 'bulk out' her form it would be Chaos, but presumably that's not what they were going for here.


Should there be anything that defines it? Out of any faction, i really don't see STD caring about making form fitting armour. Sister's have a point too it, it's meant to be more feminine for fluff reasons, Chaos has no reason for that. You strap on the armour (or grow it) and then wander off in the direction of the enemy.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
JSG wrote:
 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
JSG wrote:
A shame. This warband would have been a must buy if the female figures actually looked female.


What does this actually mean?


You have eyes, you know what it means.


No actually, that's why i asked. I can see the unhelmeted one as female, because her face obviously is. If she had the helmet on, i wouldn't have any idea and i like that in army made of barbarian fanatics.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/11/30 19:10:18


 
   
Made in us
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot





 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:

Should there be anything that defines it? Out of any faction, i really don't see STD caring about making form fitting armour. Sister's have a point too it, it's meant to be more feminine for fluff reasons, Chaos has no reason for that. You strap on the armour (or grow it) and then wander off in the direction of the enemy.

I'm pretty sure the fluff is still that Chaos Warrior armour is specifically made for the wearer no? It's a status symbol that they're not running around in loincloths and leather straps. Having armour that's not a few sizes too big for you is actually pretty important.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/11/30 19:23:45


 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
Automatically Appended Next Post:
JSG wrote:
 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
JSG wrote:
A shame. This warband would have been a must buy if the female figures actually looked female.


What does this actually mean?


You have eyes, you know what it means.


No actually, that's why i asked. I can see the unhelmeted one as female, because her face obviously is. If she had the helmet on, i wouldn't have any idea and i like that in army made of barbarian fanatics.


I'll skip the bad faith argument thanks.
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




He's right though. The existing warriors of chaos from the new Slaves to Darkness start collecting box are a mix of male and female going by the unhelmeted heads, but in all the photos they've built them helmeted and you can't really tell which are which. I *think* the female ones might be subtly slimmer but it's very very subtle
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







JSG wrote:
 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
Automatically Appended Next Post:
JSG wrote:
 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
JSG wrote:
A shame. This warband would have been a must buy if the female figures actually looked female.


What does this actually mean?


You have eyes, you know what it means.


No actually, that's why i asked. I can see the unhelmeted one as female, because her face obviously is. If she had the helmet on, i wouldn't have any idea and i like that in army made of barbarian fanatics.


I'll skip the bad faith argument thanks.


Not seeing the bad faith there - however, I could imply it in a poster who is content to imply and insinuate their position, rather than state it clearly.

Admittedly, "bad faith" and "Chaos worship" kind of go hand-in-hand. Or hand-to-hand, in the case of the model in question.

2021 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My [url=https://pileofpotential.com/dysartes]Pile of Potential[/url - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.


 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army... 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






JSG wrote:
 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
Automatically Appended Next Post:
JSG wrote:
 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
JSG wrote:
A shame. This warband would have been a must buy if the female figures actually looked female.


What does this actually mean?


You have eyes, you know what it means.


No actually, that's why i asked. I can see the unhelmeted one as female, because her face obviously is. If she had the helmet on, i wouldn't have any idea and i like that in army made of barbarian fanatics.


I'll skip the bad faith argument thanks.


What was bad faith about it, pray tell?
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





Billicus wrote:
He's right though. The existing warriors of chaos from the new Slaves to Darkness start collecting box are a mix of male and female going by the unhelmeted heads, but in all the photos they've built them helmeted and you can't really tell which are which. I *think* the female ones might be subtly slimmer but it's very very subtle


If the torsos are all of the same size there isn't any difference regarding to gender.

   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




It's all a bit of a weird concept but I meant that since I know the instructions tell you to use the more feminine shaped faces on certain bodies, I infer that those bodies are the "female" ones.
   
Made in us
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot





 Dysartes wrote:
[
Not seeing the bad faith there - however, I could imply it in a poster who is content to imply and insinuate their position, rather than state it clearly.

Admittedly, "bad faith" and "Chaos worship" kind of go hand-in-hand. Or hand-to-hand, in the case of the model in question.

My guess is 'bad faith' means they're wanting something to be posted they can leap on with a "Oh so you're just a sexist who want to ogle an attractive female model is that it???" At least that's my interpretation from reading the thread.

Billicus wrote:
It's all a bit of a weird concept but I meant that since I know the instructions tell you to use the more feminine shaped faces on certain bodies, I infer that those bodies are the "female" ones.

That might have more to do with the stock poses than anything else. I wouldn't be shocked if any head will go on any body when the multi-part release lands.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/11/30 19:48:59


 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




Good point. It might well be that there's no difference at all - I don't have a dog in that fight, they can do what they like, they look cool to me (wouldn't have bought 'em otherwise)
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




Dysartes wrote:
JSG wrote:
Spoiler:
 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
Automatically Appended Next Post:
JSG wrote:
 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
JSG wrote:
A shame. This warband would have been a must buy if the female figures actually looked female.


What does this actually mean?


You have eyes, you know what it means.


No actually, that's why i asked. I can see the unhelmeted one as female, because her face obviously is. If she had the helmet on, i wouldn't have any idea and i like that in army made of barbarian fanatics.


I'll skip the bad faith argument thanks.


Not seeing the bad faith there - however, I could imply it in a poster who is content to imply and insinuate their position, rather than state it clearly.

Admittedly, "bad faith" and "Chaos worship" kind of go hand-in-hand. Or hand-to-hand, in the case of the model in question.

If you mean me my position was stated clearly in the first post. The female figures don't look sufficiently female for me to purchase the product. Apparently this was too nuanced.

Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
JSG wrote:
Spoiler:
 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
Automatically Appended Next Post:
JSG wrote:
 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
JSG wrote:
A shame. This warband would have been a must buy if the female figures actually looked female.


What does this actually mean?


You have eyes, you know what it means.


No actually, that's why i asked. I can see the unhelmeted one as female, because her face obviously is. If she had the helmet on, i wouldn't have any idea and i like that in army made of barbarian fanatics.


I'll skip the bad faith argument thanks.


What was bad faith about it, pray tell?


First you disagree with me (though strangely omit her sister) saying the figure was obviously female. Then you agree with me, saying changing a single detail renders it's gender ambiguous. It's okay though because you like it.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/11/30 19:59:17


 
   
Made in us
Warp-Screaming Noise Marine




Australia

Spoiler:


Slakeslash looking good!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/11/30 20:04:36


Emperor's Children
The Fourth Seal  
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






Apologies, i missed you were talking about her sister too. But yeah, she looks like someone who's been screwing with chaos a bit too long. Most sorcerers tend to end up looking less than human. But the second part of your argument, where did that come from? She takes off her helmet, you can tell it's a woman, if she has it on, then you can't. What's your issue?
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




 zend wrote:
My default response to the heels argument:

https://youtu.be/W47cDTvyxW4

If Super Bitch can do that while wearing stiletto heels in real life, I think actual super humans in a fictional setting would be just fine.

They'd also be fine with wearing shiny speedos only, or while juggling puppies, being super-human and all, but somehow it never comes up, but man will people rally to the defense of heeled combat ladies in 28mm scale
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
Apologies, i missed you were talking about her sister too. But yeah, she looks like someone who's been screwing with chaos a bit too long. Most sorcerers tend to end up looking less than human. But the second part of your argument, where did that come from? She takes off her helmet, you can tell it's a woman, if she has it on, then you can't. What's your issue?


That the figure in it's totality doesn't look female enough. Obviously you can justify anything in-universe, but then you're starting with the sculpt and working backwards. The question is of the three implied characteristics of "female chaos sorcerer A" why omit the female part? A woman isn't just a lack of male characteristics after all.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/11/30 20:23:29


 
   
Made in us
Cabin Zombie






Billicus wrote:
He's right though. The existing warriors of chaos from the new Slaves to Darkness start collecting box are a mix of male and female going by the unhelmeted heads, but in all the photos they've built them helmeted and you can't really tell which are which. I *think* the female ones might be subtly slimmer but it's very very subtle


Pretty much how I’m doing it with my Marines. I tend to have every other squad leader or so without their helmet on, and I put some female heads on a few of them, which then implies any number of the helmeted ones could be female as well. Who could really tell thru a full suit of power armor?

 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





Cronch wrote:
 zend wrote:
My default response to the heels argument:

https://youtu.be/W47cDTvyxW4

If Super Bitch can do that while wearing stiletto heels in real life, I think actual super humans in a fictional setting would be just fine.

They'd also be fine with wearing shiny speedos only, or while juggling puppies, being super-human and all, but somehow it never comes up, but man will people rally to the defense of heeled combat ladies in 28mm scale


Oh I personally don’t care, I just have fun poking holes in peoples silly arguments. Both sides care about muh realism until it goes against their argument.

Nothings stopping GW from producing those minis except for the fact that they wouldn’t sell much! If they stood to make good profit from a Space Wolves marine juggling Fenrisian wolf pups in a Speedo, you bet your ass they’d make it. As it stands, they’re not going to lose much in potential sales from people that refuse to buy fantasy minis in heels and boobplate, so they still make them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/11/30 21:19:07


 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





West Michigan, deep in Whitebread, USA

I'm not really sure why Chaos Warriors that are female should have to follow the theory that they would look feminine. Chaos Warriors, both female AND male, are just completely normal humans that have been magically 'roided out to be damn near the size of a Stormcast. Why would any Chaos God worry about keeping any female Champion particularly busty or hippy when giving them a new form built for raw power?

This isn't genetics and scientific processes we are talking about, here. These are platemailed forms enhanced by the same powers that allow a Tzaangor or Dragon's head to split in half and continue to function, without it's brain falling out on the ground. Or to have a Champion have a cavernous belly-mouth where their guts should be. Where do all their guts get moved to??

At least Stormcast have the excuse that they have been remade into more "perfect" statuesque forms of both genders, so female Stormcast are going to look different than the men.



"By this point I'm convinced 100% that every single race in the 40k universe have somehow tapped into the ork ability to just have their tech work because they think it should."  
   
Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka






Prices

Direchasm £50 €65 $75
Deckbox £8 €10 $12
Tokens £12 €15 $18
Dice £20 €25 $30

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 2020/12/01 11:45:52


 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






JSG wrote:
 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
Apologies, i missed you were talking about her sister too. But yeah, she looks like someone who's been screwing with chaos a bit too long. Most sorcerers tend to end up looking less than human. But the second part of your argument, where did that come from? She takes off her helmet, you can tell it's a woman, if she has it on, then you can't. What's your issue?


That the figure in it's totality doesn't look female enough. Obviously you can justify anything in-universe, but then you're starting with the sculpt and working backwards. The question is of the three implied characteristics of "female chaos sorcerer A" why omit the female part? A woman isn't just a lack of male characteristics after all.


So are you looking for the Stormcast equivalent then? Slimmer frame, solid boobplate etc?
   
Made in jp
Longtime Dakkanaut





Glad to see that it is the same price as last year. With the awesome warbands on the way and the ridiculous prices of everything else I think underworlds will be my game of choice next year.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: