Switch Theme:

Warhammer Underworlds - "The Crimson Court" Vampire warband tease. P.108  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Sword-Bearing Inquisitorial Crusader





 GaroRobe wrote:
Watched a few unboxing videos on youtube, but it doesn't look like any of the cards, even the Universal ones, tease the upcoming warband. :/

The manual probably gives a breakdown of whats coming though, so hopefully, we'll know by next week (at the very least, confirmation of what that bone symbol warband is)


Yeah. I was pretty bummed by this too (because I’m impatient). I think the bone symbol is 90% Bonesplittaz, but I really want it to be Spider Grotz.


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Sabotage! wrote:
 GaroRobe wrote:
Watched a few unboxing videos on youtube, but it doesn't look like any of the cards, even the Universal ones, tease the upcoming warband. :/

The manual probably gives a breakdown of whats coming though, so hopefully, we'll know by next week (at the very least, confirmation of what that bone symbol warband is)


Yeah. I was pretty bummed by this too (because I’m impatient). I think the bone symbol is 90% Bonesplittaz, but I really want it to be Spider Grotz.


This. I love me some savage orks, but forest goblins were my first fantasy kit, so they'll always have a special place in my heart. Given that "Air-grots" are most likely are next greenskin faction (they keep popping up in the lore and white dwarfs), I feel like Underworlds is our best bet for new spider riders. I feel like we'll get really weird spider hybrids though (which, to be fair, are present in the current kit and Arachnork), but I'd prefer my spider grotz to be four-limbed and only two eyes.
   
Made in us
Sword-Bearing Inquisitorial Crusader





 GaroRobe wrote:
 Sabotage! wrote:
 GaroRobe wrote:
Watched a few unboxing videos on youtube, but it doesn't look like any of the cards, even the Universal ones, tease the upcoming warband. :/

The manual probably gives a breakdown of whats coming though, so hopefully, we'll know by next week (at the very least, confirmation of what that bone symbol warband is)


Yeah. I was pretty bummed by this too (because I’m impatient). I think the bone symbol is 90% Bonesplittaz, but I really want it to be Spider Grotz.


This. I love me some savage orks, but forest goblins were my first fantasy kit, so they'll always have a special place in my heart. Given that "Air-grots" are most likely are next greenskin faction (they keep popping up in the lore and white dwarfs), I feel like Underworlds is our best bet for new spider riders. I feel like we'll get really weird spider hybrids though (which, to be fair, are present in the current kit and Arachnork), but I'd prefer my spider grotz to be four-limbed and only two eyes.


Maybe we'll get some Hybrids and some normal Goblins? Maybe just some separate Spiders and grots? Anyway I would personally be happy. I just think the Forest Goblins/Spider Goblins are super cool and a lot more interesting than another orc faction.


 
   
Made in si
Steady Stonecleaver







Ya all know Shieldwolf makes really nice plastic 2000 GW style forest goblins, yea?

Posters on ignore list: 33

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







 lord_blackfang wrote:
Ya all know Shieldwolf makes really nice plastic 2000 GW style forest goblins, yea?


...the relevance being?

2019 Plog - Dysartes Twitches - 2019 Output

My Twitch stream - going live at 7pm GMT Tuesday & Thursday, 12pm Sunday (work permitting).

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.
 
   
Made in si
Steady Stonecleaver







 Dysartes wrote:
 lord_blackfang wrote:
Ya all know Shieldwolf makes really nice plastic 2000 GW style forest goblins, yea?


...the relevance being?


Really don't know why everyone who struggles to follow a conversation has to point it out.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/12/07 10:56:42


Posters on ignore list: 33

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in nz
[MOD]
Villanous Scum






 lord_blackfang wrote:
 Dysartes wrote:
 lord_blackfang wrote:
Ya all know Shieldwolf makes really nice plastic 2000 GW style forest goblins, yea?


...the relevance being?


Really don't know why everyone who struggles to follow a conversation has to point it out.


Do you realize you are posting in the Underworlds thread? A game that is utterly dependent upon the cards that go with the models to both give the flavour and rules for the warband? So pointing out a 3rd party sells appropriate models means absolutely nothing until GW release the warband and introduce the cards.

On parle toujours mal quand on n'a rien à dire. 
   
Made in si
Steady Stonecleaver







 ingtaer wrote:
 lord_blackfang wrote:
 Dysartes wrote:
 lord_blackfang wrote:
Ya all know Shieldwolf makes really nice plastic 2000 GW style forest goblins, yea?


...the relevance being?


Really don't know why everyone who struggles to follow a conversation has to point it out.


Do you realize you are posting in the Underworlds thread? A game that is utterly dependent upon the cards that go with the models to both give the flavour and rules for the warband? So pointing out a 3rd party sells appropriate models means absolutely nothing until GW release the warband and introduce the cards.


Okay, for those still struggling, I was trying to be helpful to the person who said forest goblins were their first love and were thinking about how new models for them might come about. I'm sorry some people can't follow a tangent even just two posts away without a direct quote, that was my bad, I will take that into account next time, but also maybe consider that some information might be relevant for someone other than you and not immediately jump down my throat.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2020/12/08 08:20:35


Posters on ignore list: 33

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.


Starblood Stalkers revealed!


New series of articles too, "Visions of Glory".

Oh yeah, and maybe this is relevant to people. I dunno...

Kixi-Taka is also known as the Diviner, and they have brought us an unexpected gift – a glimpse into the future at the warband that will follow the Starblood Stalkers. Thanks, Kixi-Taka!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/01/08 14:14:29


 
   
Made in si
Steady Stonecleaver







That looks an awful lot like the trenchcoat zombie from other spoilers.

Posters on ignore list: 33

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in gb
Bonkers Buggy Driver with Rockets





Scotland, but nowhere near my rulebook

That is one Vampire looking sword and pose.
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka






Definitely a Vampire

"The Omnissiah is my Moderati" 
   
Made in au
Tunneling Trygon






Skinks look nice, but the Saurus just doesn't do it for me. Mostly due to the feet, they look too compacted instead of splayed like a therapod (and the sculptor seems to have mistaken the dew claw for the iconic raptor claw and positioned it forward for some reason).

Not bad, overall, but definitely more excited for vampires now
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





I have...mixed feelings about the warband. Always loved skinks and this is a cool look at them. And the Saurus is good too. But they're just...different the rest of the range?

Obviously the lizardmen/seraphon range has a lot of old models that need to be updated. A majority of the core units. So it's not surprising that they don't sync up entirely with the current models.

Like look at the saurus for example. No other lizardman has feet like his. Some have the dewclaw on the opposite side, but he has one on the back of his foot and then the protruding ones on the inside part of his feet. Most have the protruding claw on the opposite side of the foot, like the scar-veteran and the sunblood (both of whom are the "newest" saurus models we got, until now.)

Moving on to the skink, they just looked weird and I couldn't put my finger on it. Until I noticed the ear holes. I'm not going to penalize the older models for this, since new models get more features. But why didn't they give ANY of the new skink earholes? Bastilodon, Teradactyl (potentially), etc, all don't have that feature. The plastic skinkpriest has his covered, so he get's a pass.

It's a shame that the new kits aren't in line with the underworld team. The skink warriors and chameleon skink models may get replaced, but the "newer" kits won't. I guess you could green stuff on ear holes, but still :/
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






VUN VAMPIRE! Ah ah ah!

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Tiny Red Chair Painting Sessions. A Discord dedicated to video painting sessions. PM me for an invite. 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

I love the armour and weapons of the new lizardmen, but I don’t think the models as a whole work for me as much as I hoped/expected. I still love the chameleon skink though.
   
Made in gb
Tunneling Trygon






 Kanluwen wrote:

Oh yeah, and maybe this is relevant to people. I dunno...


Could be a thing:



Thinking Vampire, Elf, or Vampire Elf
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

It's a Mannfred styled Vampire. Spiky collar!
   
Made in ca
Nimble Goblin Wolf Rider





Canada

I really like the inspire condition, and cards so far revealed for the Seraphon warband. Lots of good synergy with hold objective cards, like Temporal Victory. But, there are a lot of push cards (like distraction, Nightmare in the shadows, and Restless Prize), which can make this a hard condition to achieve.

I'm surprised it's a 6 model wardband, and I'm looking forward to seeing their other fighter cards. I imagine the Sinks will be 2 wounds each, and the Saurus will be 4 or 5 wounds.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Soulblight warband. And I'm really looking forward to the Ossiarch Bonereaper band (as I'm starting that army). I just wish COVID wasn't a thing, so I could be playing Underworlds still. I miss my monthly tournaments.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/01/08 15:06:28


 
   
Made in vn
Longtime Dakkanaut




Look better than the Chaos warrior band.
   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

Cool Lizardmen warband

VERY sad if its a male Mannfred style Vamp

I AM A MARINE PLAYER

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in gb
Dipping With Wood Stain





The new Lizardman team looks pretty snazzy, but the little Chameleon dude seems really out of place, even his base is a different style to the others.

   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Procrastinator extraordinaire





Edinburgh, UK

I like the new warband, and I hadn't noticed the dew claw thing until it was pointed out. I'd rather not have seen that as it makes no sense whatsoever in relation to theropod claws.

5000 Fir Farillecassion Eldar W/L/D 4th Ed Codex - 14/7/1 6th Ed Codex - 9/1/0 7th Ed Codex - 4/1/1 8th Ed Codex - 20/6/2 9th Ed - 2/1/0
2000 Hive Fleet Zenith
Excavating eBay: My blog of eBay finds and the pile of shame!
Excoriators! The forgotten Second Founding Chapter P&M blog
Instagram, follow for other hobby updates 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





 Tyranid Horde wrote:
I like the new warband, and I hadn't noticed the dew claw thing until it was pointed out. I'd rather not have seen that as it makes no sense whatsoever in relation to theropod claws.


Yep. Can’t Unsee regarding the dew claw. Still gonna buy it though because aside from that I think they’re great and my wife loves them.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Quasistellar wrote:
 Tyranid Horde wrote:
I like the new warband, and I hadn't noticed the dew claw thing until it was pointed out. I'd rather not have seen that as it makes no sense whatsoever in relation to theropod claws.


Yep. Can’t Unsee regarding the dew claw. Still gonna buy it though because aside from that I think they’re great and my wife loves them.


What about the skink earholes? I can't unsee them either
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka






Seems like everyone who makes lizardmen does a good job except gw

"The Omnissiah is my Moderati" 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







I'm just imagining the Saurus just slashing its own ligaments each time it runs or climbs up something.
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

I mean its not as if there are many bipedal space lizard for us to go by in the real world as a reference point.

   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






Kinda tempted by these. Getting into my painting recently, and Underworlds warbands do look to be decent palette cleansers to break up larger projects.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Tiny Red Chair Painting Sessions. A Discord dedicated to video painting sessions. PM me for an invite. 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




NoVA

Lizards will probably be the only Warband I get other than the Starter Set this season. I would have preferred more Saurus, but I've never played a 6 figure warband, so it'll be fun.

As far as Vampire/Elf for the next warband, I'm leaning pretty far to the vampire camp, but I'd love to be surprised and get Malerion's Elves

Playing: Warhammer Underworlds Online, Droids (Legion), Starks (ASOIAF)
Working on: Starks (ASOIAF), Brotherhood (MCP), Twilight Kin (KoW)
 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: