Switch Theme:

Necromunda Underhive news & rumours-Outlaw Gang pg 121  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Anyway, just marking it here for comparison's sake on Saturday:

Ferratonic Furnace - AUD$84
Galvanic Magnavent - AUD$125
And boom, the Galvanic Magnavent has not changed. The Ferratonic Furnace has gone to AUD$98. A 17% increase for nothing.

Oh, better yet, you can still get both 'versions'. So the question becomes:

Do you want a Ferratonic Furnace for AUD$98 or do you want a Ferratonic Furnace for AUD$84?

Games Workshop - 'Our rules aren't consistent, so why should our pricing be?'




This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2021/07/31 04:58:14


Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






And with that, that’s my collection of House of books complete.

Well, it will be when Shaun returns House of Chains and Element send me House of Shadows.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in gb
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon





Scotland, but nowhere near my rulebook

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Anyway, just marking it here for comparison's sake on Saturday:

Ferratonic Furnace - AUD$84
Galvanic Magnavent - AUD$125
And boom, the Galvanic Magnavent has not changed. The Ferratonic Furnace has gone to AUD$98. A 17% increase for nothing.

Oh, better yet, you can still get both 'versions'. So the question becomes:

Do you want a Ferratonic Furnace for AUD$98 or do you want a Ferratonic Furnace for AUD$84?

Games Workshop - 'Our rules aren't consistent, so why should our pricing be?'


That's really weird
   
Made in au
Veteran Inquisitorial Tyranid Xenokiller




Down Under

 Graphite wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Anyway, just marking it here for comparison's sake on Saturday:

Ferratonic Furnace - AUD$84
Galvanic Magnavent - AUD$125
And boom, the Galvanic Magnavent has not changed. The Ferratonic Furnace has gone to AUD$98. A 17% increase for nothing.

Oh, better yet, you can still get both 'versions'. So the question becomes:

Do you want a Ferratonic Furnace for AUD$98 or do you want a Ferratonic Furnace for AUD$84?

Games Workshop - 'Our rules aren't consistent, so why should our pricing be?'


That's really weird


Not really, they are "refreshing the line" and taking the opportunitity to up the price point when it pre-orders with the new packaging.
This lets people see the difference and buy up the old stock at the old price and when that is done that page is quietly retired and we go to the new normal.
There will be complaints for a while and then there will be something else to look at and it will be forgotten by the majority of people.

Not saying I am a fan of it, but it makes perfect sense for a company trying to make as much money as possible.

Glory is fleeting. Obscurity is forever.




 
   
Made in ca
Dakka Veteran





Did the new models/cards/dice sell out everywhere instantly? I had no idea Delaque was that popular, although maybe they have a lot of excited newly-minted players from the last starter set.
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

Cards/dice tend to sell out fairly quickly unfortunately. They're not printed "in-house" and the runs that GW has made seem to vary wildly in size.
   
Made in gb
Frightening Flamer of Tzeentch




Manchester, England

 Kanluwen wrote:
Cards/dice tend to sell out fairly quickly unfortunately. They're not printed "in-house" and the runs that GW has made seem to vary wildly in size.


Yep, they disappear shockingly quickly.

I'm not hugely bothered by that, but the two times I wanted specific dice sets, I managed to get them after some searching around. The first time was the glow in the dark Blood Bowl set (chaos renegades I think?), which disappeared online immediately, but I found a large stash of them on the shelves of a local-ish gaming store. The second time was the Necromantic Horror Blood Bowl dice, which disappeared even faster, but I managed to find a set on a Spanish website.

That said, I just ordered some Orlock dice, so I dunno how that works. Did nobody want them?
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

The cards are printed in the books as well. It's not like the original cards where you either got them or you didn't.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in us
Humorless Arbite





California

I have a feeling they really underproduced the delaque dice and cards. I can still find the cawdor dice for sale. But the Delaque dice sold out in less than half a day and when I looked there was none on amazon or ebay as well. Scalpers probably got a hold of a bunch, expect to see those dice on ebay for 40-60+ bucks soon enough.

 
   
Made in gb
Ship's Officer





Bristol (UK)

There's already several sold for over £30.

It does just seem like the runs vary wildly in size for whatever reason. Maybe they deliberately lowered the runs because they want them to sell out in first few days (thus removing the need to keep the backstock).
Cutting storage costs is all the rage in business at the moment. I think a lot of GW's problems is because they've embraced thwt whole-heartedly.
Also, they got caught off guard by how much demand rose in lockdown, and they were unable to finish setting up their expanded manufacturing facility due to covid.
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Trustworthy Shas'vre





Leicester

The cards and dice still seem to be available for order here in the UK? Maybe a regional stock thing?

DS:80+S+GM+B+I+Pw40k08D+A++WD355R+T(M)DM+
 Zed wrote:
*All statements reflect my opinion at this moment. if some sort of pretty new model gets released (or if I change my mind at random) I reserve the right to jump on any bandwagon at will.
 
   
Made in gb
Martial Arts SAS




United Kingdom

I know that Wayland's 10am email on Saturday had a note below each preorder item saying:

"Please note: This product has a very limited quantity available for the release day, with more due to be available after which may cause a slight delay to orders"

This was on everything GW were releasing that weekend, including the Sisters stuff. They have never had this before, and it leads me to believe that that a second wave of stock will show up at GW and retailers. However, this may only be true of the models given that GW tend to do a very small 'one and done' run of the Necromunda accessories :(

   
Made in nl
Stalwart Veteran Guard Sergeant





Segmentum Solar

 Jadenim wrote:
The cards and dice still seem to be available for order here in the UK? Maybe a regional stock thing?

Yeah, I still see them in stock too so I actually assumed Delaque are either less popular or they simply made more stock. I note both the Cawdor cards and dice are also still in stock on the GW site.

I'm also seeing the propaganda transfer in stock: I thought those already sold out? In any case, if someone still wants them: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Underhive-Propaganda-Transfer-Sheet-2021
   
Made in gb
Sneaky Lictor





London

 Insane Ivan wrote:
 Jadenim wrote:
The cards and dice still seem to be available for order here in the UK? Maybe a regional stock thing?

Yeah, I still see them in stock too so I actually assumed Delaque are either less popular or they simply made more stock. I note both the Cawdor cards and dice are also still in stock on the GW site.

I'm also seeing the propaganda transfer in stock: I thought those already sold out? In any case, if someone still wants them: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Underhive-Propaganda-Transfer-Sheet-2021


Thanks, I wanted those and they sold out in like fifteen minutes when the launched. I'm glad they did another run.
   
Made in vn
Longtime Dakkanaut




Look like the resin Escher weapon pack has sold old and no longer available. oh well I guess RIP right arm plasma pistol. Maybe they have plan for a grenade pack that has the right arm plasma pistol as filler bit.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/08/04 02:06:20


 
   
Made in no
[DCM]
Necron of Munda





Got to say, the new book looks to have a lot less errors than normal. Not to say there aren't some silliness here and there, but much less obvious than in the previous House of Faith for example.
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Baxx wrote:
Got to say, the new book looks to have a lot less errors than normal. Not to say there aren't some silliness here and there, but much less obvious than in the previous House of Faith for example.
House of Shadows, or the new rulebook in the new box?

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in no
[DCM]
Necron of Munda





House of Shadow yeah. The 2021 rulebook is old news now
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






My copy should be arriving tomorrow. Which gives me something to do.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in de
Fully-charged Electropriest






Baxx wrote:
Got to say, the new book looks to have a lot less errors than normal. Not to say there aren't some silliness here and there, but much less obvious than in the previous House of Faith for example.


Unusual post from you. Did the Delaques used some of their new psychic powers or just blackmailed you with sinister parts of your past?!
   
Made in no
[DCM]
Necron of Munda





 Dryaktylus wrote:

Unusual post from you. Did the Delaques used some of their new psychic powers or just blackmailed you with sinister parts of your past?!



Perhaps this book could be... recommended!

Don't worry, the Delaque Gang Terrain is dirty like all Gang Terrain chapters of the other "House of" books. The scenarios are utterly broken. But that's minor compared to the rest. And one of the new versatile weapons was missing 'Versatile' in Traits.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/08/06 16:56:59


 
   
Made in ca
Dakka Veteran





Don't worry guys all these "House of" books will be rendered obsolete when they bring in the new Kill Team/Warcry based rules this Xmas. j/k?!?
   
Made in gb
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon





Scotland, but nowhere near my rulebook

Baxx wrote:
Got to say, the new book looks to have a lot less errors than normal. Not to say there aren't some silliness here and there, but much less obvious than in the previous House of Faith for example.


This... this is one of those "let people know you've been kidnapped without saying you've been kidnapped" posts, right? How can we help, Baxx?

(In seriousness, glad they've stepped up the proofreading for the very last "House of" book, and thanks for going through in detail as always)
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






My copy didn’t arrive :(

Stupid Royal Mail.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut






 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
My copy didn’t arrive :(

Stupid Royal Mail.


Ditto.

Not unexpected though; the mail has been unreliable since the covid outbreak.
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






Indeed. Still a bummer, as I was hoping to read it with a few pints after a nice Sunday Lunch out.

Thankfully my latest 2000AD Ultimate Collection issues arrived yesterday, so I’ve got my entertainment.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in no
[DCM]
Necron of Munda





 Graphite wrote:

This... this is one of those "let people know you've been kidnapped without saying you've been kidnapped" posts, right? How can we help, Baxx?

(In seriousness, glad they've stepped up the proofreading for the very last "House of" book, and thanks for going through in detail as always)



Actually, after seeing more people comment on the book, it turned out to be some additional mistakes. Still nothing critical. Those interested can see more details here:
https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/collected-errors-typos-in-the-house-of-shadow-delaque.11507/

Feels like whoever wrote this book had a lot more love for Delaque than those who wrote the books for the other gangs.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/08/09 23:19:19


 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Delaque specialists lost Shooting skills. Shooting. For Delaque.

What alternate reality are we living in now?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/08/09 23:37:56


Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut






That's indeed really weird

lost and damned log
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/519978.page#6525039 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

They kept Combat however, as nothing says tough, dirty, hard-hitting, HTH-fighting hombres quite like these minis:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/08/10 02:53:43


Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: