Switch Theme:

Star Trek: general discussion :Picard trailer p#16  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Cabin Zombie






So, a possible new version of the beginning of the Borg? Or just a coincidentally similar thing?

Also why does his ship have all that stuff on it or how long has the AI been hiding there and modifying stuff? That seemed horribly contrived, even by Star Trek standards.

Also also, if you’re not allowed to delete it, but you are allowed to transfer it, just transfer it to something you can physically destroy. Why send it to the future when you can send it to oblivion?

/vague posting

 
   
Made in gb
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain





Norwich

Some news regarding the new Picard series.





As for fridays episode..... please for the love of god dont let this be how the borg came about haha

   
Made in hr
Fresh-Faced New User




Croatia/Zagreb

 Formosa wrote:



As for fridays episode..... please for the love of god dont let this be how the borg came about haha


No, thats just the way to go with fusion of flesh and machine. Nanoprobes. And then your veins go black. Its common knowledge
   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

Managed to sit through fridays episode oof Star Trek: Burnham cos my Mother likes it - Ughhh it was awful.

Way too much techno bable drivel and the constant Burnham adoration.....

Some of the array of stuff that makes no sense....

Spoiler:

Apparently the AI from the future is able is able to wipe out ALL life in the Galaxy (not the Federation which would have been magrinally more beliavlable) with some anti-matter torpedoes.

So thats all the myriad of races far more adavanced than the Federation - yeah right.

The super high tech suit whose technology can;t be matched is from..........the past made by a Federation scientist 20 years ago......

Did Mama Burnham every try to talking to the Sphere or similar advanced races - nope becuase she has the same Messiah complex as her daughter,

Burnham Burnham, Burnham - why is anyone else even in the show



Also also, if you’re not allowed to delete it, but you are allowed to transfer it, just transfer it to something you can physically destroy. Why send it to the future when you can send it to oblivion?


Lazy writters who don't give gak I think

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/03/31 16:52:12


"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in gb
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain





Norwich

 crnaguja wrote:
 Formosa wrote:



As for fridays episode..... please for the love of god dont let this be how the borg came about haha


No, thats just the way to go with fusion of flesh and machine. Nanoprobes. And then your veins go black. Its common knowledge


Your right, it's the common sci fi trope, I just saw green nanites, green glow and the assimilation of a human and thought "don't you bloody dare star trek!"

We know the Borg have been around since tje 15th century so this possible change would totally throw the whole thing into disarray.

   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

 Formosa wrote:
 crnaguja wrote:
 Formosa wrote:



As for fridays episode..... please for the love of god dont let this be how the borg came about haha


No, thats just the way to go with fusion of flesh and machine. Nanoprobes. And then your veins go black. Its common knowledge


Your right, it's the common sci fi trope, I just saw green nanites, green glow and the assimilation of a human and thought "don't you bloody dare star trek!"

We know the Borg have been around since tje 15th century so this possible change would totally throw the whole thing into disarray.


Well they were hinting that all technological prgress was because of "interference" so be prepared for all human historical advancement is due to........the Burnham family.

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






 Formosa wrote:
Some news regarding the new Picard series.




I wouldn't put too much faith in the channels proven to be peddling nonsense. I was subscribed to most of them from Midnight's Edge to Doomcock to Mecharandom42 back when I was hoping their dire months long supposed insider doom and gloom predictions for the cancellation of STD were accurate and it all turned out to be wrong with the series renewed for a third season. It's pointless to think that CBS will do right by fans when all the signals are indicating more of the same as STD when the same supposed retailer/licensor backlash didn't faze them at all.

   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka






Glasgow, Scotland

So far the first Season grabbed me more than this one. I'm giving up on it for the moment and will return once all of the episodes are out. For now its just not grabbing me to keep watching it weekly.

There's far too many plot devices to shoo away difficult scenarios. That's always been a problem with Star Trek, but how quickly the crew can come up with solutions, or how little lasting impact events have just comes across as poor writing after a while.

Michael comes across as more of a Mary Sue than she did in the first series. Its all about her. It doesn't matter how important another character may have been in previous series, they get sidelined and have to jump on her train. Sure they may have written the overall plot to make her existence key to this current season, but characters forget about their own goals if they can instead further hers.

Spoiler:
The writers seem to forget the importance of plot elements between scenes. Something may be a concern, but then five minutes later they've moved onto another problem and its forgotten about. "We only have a short time to talk to x" - "Ok, we talked to x for a bit. We couldn't get what we wanted. Let's go do another thing and forget about that." - "Oh no x isn't there any more, oh well, Michael managed to move the plot along at the last minute anyway, so its fine". (Yes, that character was just awful. "I'm not going to tell you information. You'll do what I say. Oh, you didn't do what I said, and now my plans are ruined? Its all right, but things will resolve themselves somehow").

Saying that, why did Michael's Mother put so much effort into saving her so much? She went on at length about how little Michael's death would mean to her, as she'd seen here die 1000s of time. Well if it meant so little to you, and you'd just jump into another timeline, why'd you even bother saving her? There's just no gravity to any of the character's actions once time travel was introduce, as we know things will now inexplicably work out.

And did the Admiral, or what's her face - Ranking Officer - disappear for the entirety of the latest episode? Shouldn't she around for these sorts of high level talkers with the Mother, or interacting with the Section 32 agents when it comes to them directing the Discovery? So much for Control's opinion that Starfleet are stuck to the chain of command thing, as the senior officer seems to be staying in her bunk. Saying that, we've discovered that senior positions in Starfleet are now vacant. Has the Discovery actually told anyone this, or are they keeping quiet? As far as they were aware Control was out there, but maybe messaging a few ships and telling them what's going on could prevent the whole scenario Control's attempting - i.e. that its still in control of the top brass and using holograms to represent them.



...On review, things are getting stupid. This is feeling a lot like The Walking Dead in later seasons. Just plot contrivance after contrivance to reach wherever the writers want the plot to be each week. Events don't feel natural, nor are characters acting like real people, but instead like those off of a cheap sci-fi drama. Did they get rid of the first season's writing staff, or am I just looking back at that with rose tinted glasses (it was bad in places, but not this bad)?


 
   
Made in nz
[MOD]
Villanous Scum






Wyrmalla, that is a lot more eloquent than I can be. I did watch the last episode after saying I wouldn't but now wish I hadn't of bothered. What a waste, if the new Picard series carries on the same its the end of ST for me. Frankly I would rather watch Enterprise on loop than this.

I just don't get why they had nearly 50 years of a really popular setting and decided to tear it all up and make something completely different but keep the same name and a slight skin of the original. Why not just do something new in the first place (like Roddenberry did with Andromeda)?

Still there is only three more episodes left of this season and with any luck the 3rd will either be excellent or not happen at all (and if its terrible I can just pretend it didn't happen).

On parle toujours mal quand on n'a rien à dire.
Keeping the flame of Babylon 5 A Call to Arms alive, check it out;
Babylon 5 ACTA campaign log
Babylon 5 ACTA Painting log
Backfire wrote:
Nobody kills his dad and participates in genocide just for cosplay.
 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






 ingtaer wrote:
I just don't get why they had nearly 50 years of a really popular setting and decided to tear it all up and make something completely different but keep the same name and a slight skin of the original. Why not just do something new in the first place (like Roddenberry did with Andromeda)?


While Star Trek has been incredibly well known and ground breaking with a core of *very* loyal fans for that 50 years, it not exactly right to call it a really popular setting at least in regards to mass market appeal as the various movie gross totals would attest to before the JJ reboot in 2009 with only a single classic movie breaking the $100 million mark before adjusting for inflation. Even after that adjustment, the best of them don't reach most marvel movies and that's the goals that they've been recently setting for the franchise with the budgets they've been giving them.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=startrek.htm

I don't agree with that change to chase after mass market appeal at the expense of long time fans who prefer the more niche cerebral scifi that it traditionally was but that's what CBS and Paramount are/were going after both in theatres and on tv/streaming. As for being more like Andromeda (or alternately Earth Final Conflict), it's barely a footnote in scifi TV history despite the pedigree of those involved and your question is both asked and answered in the same sentance IMO.

   
Made in nz
[MOD]
Villanous Scum






Whilst I do see your point warboss, I was talking more on the feel and flavour of the thing than the pecuniary, however from my very little knowledge I am led to believe that a lot of money that ST made was from licensing as opposed to box office. I also hear that the rebooted stuff (especially Disco) has been an utter flop in that regard.

On parle toujours mal quand on n'a rien à dire.
Keeping the flame of Babylon 5 A Call to Arms alive, check it out;
Babylon 5 ACTA campaign log
Babylon 5 ACTA Painting log
Backfire wrote:
Nobody kills his dad and participates in genocide just for cosplay.
 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






 ingtaer wrote:
Whilst I do see your point warboss, I was talking more on the feel and flavour of the thing than the pecuniary, however from my very little knowledge I am led to believe that a lot of money that ST made was from licensing as opposed to box office. I also hear that the rebooted stuff (especially Disco) has been an utter flop in that regard.


That's what was claimed on the aforementioned youtube channels but I obviously have no insider knowledge myself. On a purely anecdotal basis, I'd agree with that assessment though. There were no disco ship plastic kits when I last checked a year ago like there are with classic trek and no ship models at all were initially available to my knowledge until Eaglemoss finally came out with a line almost a year after the premiere. Previously advertised merchandise like premium props and figs from McFarlane toys never showed up. That said, there may be a bias there. Yes, there are no AMT/ERTYL style model kits but the model building hobby overall is dying so it's not reasonable to expect a company to pour in tens of thousands of dollars on large plastic moulds for an unproven show. It's a different story when using kits from moulds that were done back in the 1980's to at best the early 90's where pumping out the sprues is just pennies each or if they're aiming for the very niche expensive premium market like the polar lights ones.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/04/01 04:41:16


   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

 Wyrmalla wrote:
So far the first Season grabbed me more than this one. I'm giving up on it for the moment and will return once all of the episodes are out. For now its just not grabbing me to keep watching it weekly.

There's far too many plot devices to shoo away difficult scenarios. That's always been a problem with Star Trek, but how quickly the crew can come up with solutions, or how little lasting impact events have just comes across as poor writing after a while.

Michael comes across as more of a Mary Sue than she did in the first series. Its all about her. It doesn't matter how important another character may have been in previous series, they get sidelined and have to jump on her train. Sure they may have written the overall plot to make her existence key to this current season, but characters forget about their own goals if they can instead further hers.

Spoiler:
The writers seem to forget the importance of plot elements between scenes. Something may be a concern, but then five minutes later they've moved onto another problem and its forgotten about. "We only have a short time to talk to x" - "Ok, we talked to x for a bit. We couldn't get what we wanted. Let's go do another thing and forget about that." - "Oh no x isn't there any more, oh well, Michael managed to move the plot along at the last minute anyway, so its fine". (Yes, that character was just awful. "I'm not going to tell you information. You'll do what I say. Oh, you didn't do what I said, and now my plans are ruined? Its all right, but things will resolve themselves somehow").

Saying that, why did Michael's Mother put so much effort into saving her so much? She went on at length about how little Michael's death would mean to her, as she'd seen here die 1000s of time. Well if it meant so little to you, and you'd just jump into another timeline, why'd you even bother saving her? There's just no gravity to any of the character's actions once time travel was introduce, as we know things will now inexplicably work out.

And did the Admiral, or what's her face - Ranking Officer - disappear for the entirety of the latest episode? Shouldn't she around for these sorts of high level talkers with the Mother, or interacting with the Section 32 agents when it comes to them directing the Discovery? So much for Control's opinion that Starfleet are stuck to the chain of command thing, as the senior officer seems to be staying in her bunk. Saying that, we've discovered that senior positions in Starfleet are now vacant. Has the Discovery actually told anyone this, or are they keeping quiet? As far as they were aware Control was out there, but maybe messaging a few ships and telling them what's going on could prevent the whole scenario Control's attempting - i.e. that its still in control of the top brass and using holograms to represent them.



...On review, things are getting stupid. This is feeling a lot like The Walking Dead in later seasons. Just plot contrivance after contrivance to reach wherever the writers want the plot to be each week. Events don't feel natural, nor are characters acting like real people, but instead like those off of a cheap sci-fi drama. Did they get rid of the first season's writing staff, or am I just looking back at that with rose tinted glasses (it was bad in places, but not this bad)?



Agreed in all respects - its bad and keeps getting worse. The way that every single person in the show is there to help Burnham except for the nominal bad guy is terribly written.

Right on with the plot contrivance there is not even any pretence that there is contunitiy between scenes or story lines, a few random cast members wonder into a room - say a few lines and wonder off, then others appear in a different room.

tellingly for me many of the the best moments in the show for Season 2, - eg Pike interactions with the Vina were really well done - did not involve Burnham....

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Nisse




Luton, UK

 ingtaer wrote:
I also hear that the rebooted stuff (especially Disco) has been an utter flop in that regard.


Massively anecdotal, and 10 years ago now, but I worked in Toys R Us at the time of the release of the first reboot Trek film and remember it taking pride of place at the front of the store around opening. On the first day the stock was out, one guy came in and bought one of everything to do with Spock - 3 different sizes of action figure, the costume possibly, so on. Fair enough, proper nerd with extreme love for the character. Apart from that, the stuff just sat there. Never needed restocking, eventually it got moved back into the main aisles and then the footage started shrinking, after a few months it lost any dedicated signage etc.

I was asked why it wasn't selling, if I could maybe try to generate some interest etc, but as far as I was concerned the film was terrible and the toys had no inherent market. I'd left the store by the time the sequels happened so no idea if it was a similar case.

“Good people are quick to help others in need, without hesitation or requiring proof the need is genuine. The wicked will believe they are fighting for good, but when others are in need they’ll be reluctant to help, withholding compassion until they see proof of that need. And yet Evil is quick to condemn, vilify and attack. For Evil, proof isn’t needed to bring harm, only hatred and a belief in the cause.” 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







I'm on the "wait until the seasons over to binge it on holiday" train.

But I do wonder about the merc side of things. I remember having boxes and boxes of the TNG and movie micro machines when I was a kid. Most of my friends had some sort of toy Enterprise.

I don't even think I'd want any kids watching Disco...

Even for the slightly older people, have Wizkids released any Disco Attack Wing sets yet? Surely they should have season 1 things out. (sidenote, STO is doing disco stuff right now, so there's that, but that isn't advertising Disco exactly, that's more the other way around).

Even FFG, who are famously bad with release dates have things out within a year of the big Star Wars releases.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






No, no Disco attack wing yet. Or clix. Ironically, they did license the Orville for a clix set already though. Eaglemoss is coming out with a separate line of STD ships apart from their classic trek ones though and they're about half way through so far. The current licensed Trek RPG has specifically said that STD isn't included in their license (though whether they add that in the future is anyone's guess). Those are the licensees that I follow regularly FWIW.

   
Made in gb
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain





Norwich

 Compel wrote:
I'm on the "wait until the seasons over to binge it on holiday" train.

But I do wonder about the merc side of things. I remember having boxes and boxes of the TNG and movie micro machines when I was a kid. Most of my friends had some sort of toy Enterprise.

I don't even think I'd want any kids watching Disco...

Even for the slightly older people, have Wizkids released any Disco Attack Wing sets yet? Surely they should have season 1 things out. (sidenote, STO is doing disco stuff right now, so there's that, but that isn't advertising Disco exactly, that's more the other way around).

Even FFG, who are famously bad with release dates have things out within a year of the big Star Wars releases.



Damn I didn't even think of attack wing and I play it every week nearly, but yeah, nothing disco yet and I am really surprised by that, they could easily have done an alternative enterprise, discovery, any number of the ships used during the battle of the binary star including the new "Klingon" ones... I'm gonna email them and see if anything is coming, because even though I don't like the show, I do like the look of some of the ships.

   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka






I've got a die-cast reboot Enterprise somewhere that I picked up when the first Abrams film came out. Annoyingly the engine nacelles are in rubbery plastic and are all bent. :(
   
Made in gb
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General




We'll find out soon enough eh.

The only licensee I've seen trying to go all-in on STD was Star Trek Online. The fact they're now only doing three "seasons" of content, and the latter ones are much truncated compared to prior "seasons" that related to the game's original 2410's plotline or the temporal agent/TOS material suggests it's probably not been the money spinner they hoped.

Also, I saw a fan theory the other day that I've decided to adopt as headcanon - the reason STD is such un-Treky nonsense is it's not actually a Star Trek show at all in the traditional sense; it's a depiction of a pulpy, shlocky holodeck programme from the late TNG era. Think about it - it looks *kinda* like the "real" TOS, but everything is overdone and exaggerated and flashier; it focuses on big bombastic conflict with the very thinnest veneer of how Starfleet "really" operates; it focuses down on a single character and perpetually flatters that character & makes them the centre of attention.

The reason Burnham doesn't seem like a real person is simply that they aren't, they're the main protagonist in a trashy holonovel, like the first draft of Photons Be Free.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/04/02 12:48:46


I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka






If you like. Personally I find it easier just to ignore the stuff I don't like; just because Paramount says it's all canon doesn't mean I need to agree.
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Nisse




Luton, UK

I don't know if I first saw this in here or it just got sent to me but this explanation also works:



“Good people are quick to help others in need, without hesitation or requiring proof the need is genuine. The wicked will believe they are fighting for good, but when others are in need they’ll be reluctant to help, withholding compassion until they see proof of that need. And yet Evil is quick to condemn, vilify and attack. For Evil, proof isn’t needed to bring harm, only hatred and a belief in the cause.” 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka






Glasgow, Scotland

 Yodhrin wrote:

The reason Burnham doesn't seem like a real person is simply that they aren't, they're the main protagonist in a trashy holonovel, like the first draft of Photons Be Free.


I'll watch Redshirts if I want that. At least then it would be self aware about how trashy it was being.

 
   
Made in us
Cabin Zombie






So is Discovery the only non-Section 31 ship currently functioning? Of why does Control seem to really love that group?

 
   
Made in nl
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General




We'll find out soon enough eh.

 AduroT wrote:
So is Discovery the only non-Section 31 ship currently functioning? Of why does Control seem to really love that group?


Apparently it has decided - and this is a shocking twist I'm sure nobody could possibly have seen coming - that Ol' Mikey is a unique and immediate danger to its plans, more important than everyone and everything else.

I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






At least she got to tell off her captain yet again when he was trying to participate in the decision making process. That'll teach him for thinking that he was in charge just because of his "rank".


This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/04/06 03:44:33


   
Made in us
Cabin Zombie






 Yodhrin wrote:
 AduroT wrote:
So is Discovery the only non-Section 31 ship currently functioning? Of why does Control seem to really love that group?


Apparently it has decided - and this is a shocking twist I'm sure nobody could possibly have seen coming - that Ol' Mikey is a unique and immediate danger to its plans, more important than everyone and everything else.


Oh, yeah, that’s obvious. I mean more when that fleet of ships show up and they’re all Section 31 ships. Like did Control not bother hijacking any other Star Fleet ships or are there just no other Star Fleet ships after the war?

 
   
Made in nl
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General




We'll find out soon enough eh.

 AduroT wrote:
 Yodhrin wrote:
 AduroT wrote:
So is Discovery the only non-Section 31 ship currently functioning? Of why does Control seem to really love that group?


Apparently it has decided - and this is a shocking twist I'm sure nobody could possibly have seen coming - that Ol' Mikey is a unique and immediate danger to its plans, more important than everyone and everything else.


Oh, yeah, that’s obvious. I mean more when that fleet of ships show up and they’re all Section 31 ships. Like did Control not bother hijacking any other Star Fleet ships or are there just no other Star Fleet ships after the war?


You're putting way too much thought into this. The writers thought it would be cool to have Section 31 and do a classic non-Star Trek "AI is bad and dangerous" plot, and as per usual Mikey has to be at the centre of it. When achieving those things comes down to a choice between writing a difficult and careful piece of narrative or just making the puppets do the things you want and giving the baddies whatever resources are required to be a threat all the time, they plump for the latter.

I mean, if we're going to start questioning this dribble of curry-diarrhea of a show; Section 31 has its own ships, wait no, fleets of ships?!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/04/06 15:18:01


I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in gb
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain





Norwich

Just finished watching the new episode and... Utterly utterly pointless, nothing happened in it, I turned it out and it just ended with nothing added to the plot and just crap thrown in as filler... Wow, possibly worst episode of the entire show for me.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Oh and control is the proto Borg, calling it now

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/04/06 17:14:42


   
Made in nz
[MOD]
Villanous Scum






I think I have finally worked Disco out, Burnham is actually a Q. Nothing else makes sense, explains why the universe revolves around her and why every threat is against her specifically...
On the last episode... It, um, happened? My brain ceased to process it after about three minutes.

On parle toujours mal quand on n'a rien à dire.
Keeping the flame of Babylon 5 A Call to Arms alive, check it out;
Babylon 5 ACTA campaign log
Babylon 5 ACTA Painting log
Backfire wrote:
Nobody kills his dad and participates in genocide just for cosplay.
 
   
Made in us
Cabin Zombie






I can perfectly and undetectably mimic a normal human being. Oh, wait, you know I’m nanite infested? Time for creepy robot voice!

 
   
 
Forum Index » Geek Media
Go to: