Switch Theme:

Necromunda Underhive news & rumours-Outlaw Gang pg 121  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






 zedmeister wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
That 'later in the year' part took me a bit by surprise.

I figured the new AT book, the AI expansion, the new Khorne BB team and this kit/new book/new Gang would be all dealt with in a kind of 'Specialist Omnibus' week of releases, perhaps next weekend.

Guess not.


Yeah, I thought that odd. Specialist Games have been pretty dry of releases for a while and with the amount of articles this week, I'd have expected a pre-order within the next week or so.


The roadmap just said Q4, didn't it? I took that to mean something like November since I had the impression that's when Necromunda tends to get its Q4 release. No idea if that's actually accurate, though.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






The previous House Of books came out quite quickly following this level of preview. Not immediately like, but certainly within four weeks.

Later in the year seems more nebulous.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Warwickscire

Roadmap:



Q4 starts a week today. However, looking at this, we still have Van Saar and Cawdor Weapon upgrades to come.
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







Can't wait to see the price and stop wanting it!

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in us
Courageous Questing Knight





Central Cimmeria

 lord_blackfang wrote:
Can't wait to see the price and stop wanting it!


Lol, I feel you man. I'm in the same boat.
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






I wonder if those somewhat unevenly distributed points on the roadmap timeline are meant to point to a rough date in the respective quarter. That would put the new gang more in December than anything. Anyone remember if House of Shadow was released in July?

 lord_blackfang wrote:
Can't wait to see the price and stop wanting it!


That's overly optimistic of you. The true pessimist believes that the price might be set so high that it would indisputably not feel good to pay it, but not quite high enough to actually stop wanting the thing. You'd be agonizing over it endlessly.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Warwickscire

 Geifer wrote:
That's overly optimistic of you. The true pessimist believes that the price might be set so high that it would indisputably not feel good to pay it, but not quite high enough to actually stop wanting the thing. You'd be agonizing over it endlessly.


GW have been chasing that sweet spot for years.
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







 Geifer wrote:
I wonder if those somewhat unevenly distributed points on the roadmap timeline are meant to point to a rough date in the respective quarter. That would put the new gang more in December than anything. Anyone remember if House of Shadow was released in July?

 lord_blackfang wrote:
Can't wait to see the price and stop wanting it!


That's overly optimistic of you. The true pessimist believes that the price might be set so high that it would indisputably not feel good to pay it, but not quite high enough to actually stop wanting the thing. You'd be agonizing over it endlessly.


I am an optimist, I choose to believe the price will be set so outrageously high it will motivate someone to resculpt the whole lot for 3d printing!

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in us
Terminator with Assault Cannon




San Jose, CA

 lord_blackfang wrote:
 Geifer wrote:
I wonder if those somewhat unevenly distributed points on the roadmap timeline are meant to point to a rough date in the respective quarter. That would put the new gang more in December than anything. Anyone remember if House of Shadow was released in July?

 lord_blackfang wrote:
Can't wait to see the price and stop wanting it!


That's overly optimistic of you. The true pessimist believes that the price might be set so high that it would indisputably not feel good to pay it, but not quite high enough to actually stop wanting the thing. You'd be agonizing over it endlessly.


I am an optimist, I choose to believe the price will be set so outrageously high it will motivate someone to resculpt the whole lot for 3d printing!

I'm down but I hope(dangerous) that it's like the other small SG terrain kits so $35ish msrp.

I really need to get a damn printer
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





I can't believe they didn't acknowledge the xeno weapons in the terrain article. Recaff mug is more important, I guess?
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







To the residents of the Underhive, I imagine it might be!

2021 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My [url=https://pileofpotential.com/dysartes]Pile of Potential[/url - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.


 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army... 
   
Made in eg
[MOD]
Keeper of the Adeptus Arbites Flame






Cairo, Egypt

 GaroRobe wrote:
I can't believe they didn't acknowledge the xeno weapons in the terrain article. Recaff mug is more important, I guess?


Saving them for another article?

 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 GaroRobe wrote:
I can't believe they didn't acknowledge the xeno weapons in the terrain article. Recaff mug is more important, I guess?
To be fair, those weapons already have rules in Necromunda, so they're not "new"... kinda... so really this is just completing the "no model" part of no model/no rules.


This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/25 08:01:08


Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Just realized how great Bigby Crumb would look with the market place. Looks like he's sold out on the FW site, but hope he's not gone forever.
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 GaroRobe wrote:
I can't believe they didn't acknowledge the xeno weapons in the terrain article. Recaff mug is more important, I guess?
To be fair, those weapons already have rules in Necromunda, so they're not "new"... kinda... so really this is just completing the "no model" part of no model/no rules.




Wasn't that (at least to a degree) an in universe article there with the ads for the different stuff? I very much hope Necromunda fluff hasn't gone down the drain so far that it's no problem now to openly advertise xenos weapons...

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in us
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard





But they aren’t xeno weapons. They’re archaeotech and custom jobs. Nothing illegal about that, Officer! I even have the permits here, he says, holding out a high-value credit transfer chit…

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/25 12:20:03


"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Heh.

But they are literally called "Xenos Weapons" in the book. You can actually get:

1. Kroot Long Rifle
2. Rak'gol Razor Gun
3. Sling Gun
4. Hrud Fusil
5. Necrotic Beamer (from those lovely Slaugth fellows!)
6. Neural Flayer
7. Yu'vath Puzzle Box
8. Demiurg Energy Drill
9. Xenarch Death-Arc (an old staple!)
10. Mindflect Shard (a type of grenade)

And that's before you get to the Chaos corrupted weaponry!

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in us
Humorless Arbite





California

I wonder what ever happened to the van saar/cawdor weapons. The roadmap does indeed point to them coming out before the new outcast gang and book. I had honestly expected them to be previewed at gencon.

 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

 Thargrim wrote:
I wonder what ever happened to the van saar/cawdor weapons. The roadmap does indeed point to them coming out before the new outcast gang and book. I had honestly expected them to be previewed at gencon.

They didn't preview the others, as far as I can recall. They just go up for announcement in the "Next Week's Preorders" bit.
   
Made in vn
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Thargrim wrote:
I wonder what ever happened to the van saar/cawdor weapons. The roadmap does indeed point to them coming out before the new outcast gang and book. I had honestly expected them to be previewed at gencon.


I don't remember the previous packs got any fanfare or big promotion, they just shown up during the sunday preview.
   
Made in it
Gargantuan Gargant




Italy

 Thargrim wrote:
I wonder what ever happened to the van saar/cawdor weapons. The roadmap does indeed point to them coming out before the new outcast gang and book. I had honestly expected them to be previewed at gencon.


I'm looking forward to van saar upgrades since months now. Couldn't care less about the new faction but I desperately want those weapons .


 
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

Considering we saw the Escher go from resin to plastic it might be all weapon packs from now are going to be plastic and that that choice was made late in the year so now the new Van Saar are delayed to get made into plastic?

A Blog in Miniature

The Swarm Arises

Do you ever notice, sometimes, there's an extra post? 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

I would hope it's that way. I want an Ogryn Slave gang upgrade pack.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Trustworthy Shas'vre





Leicester

 GaroRobe wrote:
Just realized how great Bigby Crumb would look with the market place. Looks like he's sold out on the FW site, but hope he's not gone forever.


I had the same thought.

DS:80+S+GM+B+I+Pw40k08D+A++WD355R+T(M)DM+
 Zed wrote:
*All statements reflect my opinion at this moment. if some sort of pretty new model gets released (or if I change my mind at random) I reserve the right to jump on any bandwagon at will.
 
   
Made in us
Nasty Nob




Cary, NC

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
I would hope it's that way. I want an Ogryn Slave gang upgrade pack.


Hell, I would be happy with a "right arm with a brute cleaver" pack. Such a great set of models and such a stupid, stupid, stupid selection of options on the sprue. One freaking right arm with a 'mundane' melee weapon, GW. ONE.

 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.


Van Saar weapons & upgrades next week.
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






Mmm. Gravguns!

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







What's the two-fingered claw thing in the bottom left?

2021 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My [url=https://pileofpotential.com/dysartes]Pile of Potential[/url - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.


 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army... 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

I think it's a Servo-Claw? Don't have the Van Saar book so no happy lil' pictures.
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






Article says it’s a servo claw.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: