Switch Theme:

Necromunda Underhive news & rumours-Outcasts and Market, page 147  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Fanatic with Madcap Mushrooms







Is there like a create your own gang regardless of other factions editor?

   
Made in gb
Badass "Sister Sin"






Well, there are Venator Gangs?

Outside of the main 6 Gangs, I’ve always felt the others are more NPC suited, other than Scavvies and Ratskins.

See, a Chaos or Genestealer Cult is a direct threat to everyone - so to me, it doesn’t make sense the other Gangs wouldn’t just, well, gang up on them. Enforcers likewise. They should be a somewhat OP tool for the GM to unleash when Gangs either start to really misbehave, or otherwise need reining in.

That’s not to say I’m calling for my opinion to become ruling. It’s purely my preference for running my own campaigns.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in gb
Arch Magos w/ 4 Meg of RAM




United Kingdom

 NAVARRO wrote:
Is there like a create your own gang regardless of other factions editor?
Venators (as MDG mentioned) for an elite gang, or Chaos or Genestealer Cults for a basic one (just don't take their special stuff). I used to run a GSC gang with a load of flamers and call them Redeptionists.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/25 10:21:30


 
   
Made in us
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard





After th I-can’t-believe-it’s-not-Khorne gang, we need the other three, possibly formed from other guild helots. Not-Nurgle from the sewage treatment folk, un-Slaanesh from the slavers and but-it-was-I-Tzeentch from the promethean guild. Or something like that.

Also, yes, Ratskins and various ash waste gang types and the other sump-dwellers like the Scavvies should all come back. Spyrers probably work better as an arbitrator-only event type thing, possibly with new models from Forge World.

New Pit Slaves though… I want them to incorporate the slave Ogryn gang, such that you can build a human-only, ogryn-only, or mixed gang. Simultaneously upgrading the slave ogryns to something that can last a campaign and also bringing back a classic.

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







Pit Slaves would be a smart move I think, non-Necromunda players would also be buying them for servitors.

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut






If they want to do a nurgle gang, id like to see something similar to the carnival of nurgle in mordheim(with less deamons and more humans). If they go for the classic sewer folks, it would make them way too similar to scavvies

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/25 10:43:04


lost and damned log
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/519978.page#6525039 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





Pit Slaves are currently in the game already via the Slavers' Guild alliance (complete with Forge World models). Not quite the same as having a bespoke gang based on the theme but the flavour is there at least.

Ash Wasters of some variety seem likely; there was concept art shown off at some point.
   
Made in us
Beautiful and Deadly Keeper of Secrets





It's certainly going to be a bit odd to have Ash Waste Nomads in some form without ridable beasts or vehicles, but I hope they do them justice at least.
   
Made in es
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps






JimmyWolf87 wrote:
Pit Slaves are currently in the game already via the Slavers' Guild alliance (complete with Forge World models). Not quite the same as having a bespoke gang based on the theme but the flavour is there at least.

Ash Wasters of some variety seem likely; there was concept art shown off at some point.

Kind of completely the opposite, actually, seeing as the Slaver's Guild alliance are, well, slavers, and the Pit fighters were freed slaves...
   
Made in us
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard





 ZebioLizard2 wrote:
It's certainly going to be a bit odd to have Ash Waste Nomads in some form without ridable beasts or vehicles, but I hope they do them justice at least.

I’d like to see a whole separate campaign for the wastelands, with transport options for all the gangs. Like, Orlocks are a biker gang and, or it the wastes, use bikes. They’re impractical in the tight confines of the hive but out there? Sure; give them scramble bikes based on the genestealer cult bikers. Goliaths can get the easy rider choppers. And so on.

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut






If im not mistaken, in the old fluff, ash nomads were doing small raids on hive cities. Id guess a gang of them would represent that, and not some nomads you fight in the ash waste. So id say ot would make sense for them to not have vehicules or rideable beasts

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/25 11:11:44


lost and damned log
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/519978.page#6525039 
   
Made in es
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps






OTOH, rereleasing Gorkamorka by way of Ash Wastes could be interesting in and of itself.
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







Given GW's investment in Necromunda so far I don't see them making multi sprue vehicles for it.

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in us
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard





No reason we can’t have both. It’s a decent long-term longevity thing. I.E. instead of releasing new even more gangier gangs, the new sprues can be for the same gangs in new settings like the dreaded … outside …

No need for new multi-sprue vehicles either. Just make crew models to fit the Goliath and Achilles vehicles from 40K.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/25 11:17:24


"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut






 Albertorius wrote:
OTOH, rereleasing Gorkamorka by way of Ash Wastes could be interesting in and of itself.


For sure, i could see a Necro expansion based on the ash wastes. Could be a box containing a few "hive vehicules" that can be used by all the regular gangs, and a nomads gang (with nomad vehicules and beasts).

lost and damned log
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/519978.page#6525039 
   
Made in es
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps






 Mr_Rose wrote:
No reason we can’t have both. It’s a decent long-term longevity thing. I.E. instead of releasing new even more gangier gangs, the new sprues can be for the same gangs in new settings like the dreaded … outside …


That said, I'd rather not see even more stuff for the gangs that are already there before going over the ones that still haven't been ported.

It's getting kinda ridiculous. Particularly on the books front.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/10/25 11:18:14


 
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut






Id rather see no new stuff for existing gangs period. Bar juves and specialist of course. Really don't like these weirds little units that most gangs got

lost and damned log
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/519978.page#6525039 
   
Made in gb
Fanatic with Madcap Mushrooms







Thanks! Its a bit confusing to go through the books.

So are the Venators details just on an old White dwarf?

   
Made in es
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps






 streetsamurai wrote:
Id rather see no new stuff for existing gangs period. Bar juves and specialist of course. Really don't like these weirds little units that most gangs got


Not exactly fond of most of them either myself, not gonna lie.
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







Yeah same. Wish they'd stop adding random gak. Especially when you consider how many flying units we got in a game centred around fighting in 10 foot high tunnels.

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

Because most of them get some kind of jetpack or hoverboard?

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in gb
Badass "Sister Sin"






 NAVARRO wrote:
Thanks! Its a bit confusing to go through the books.

So are the Venators details just on an old White dwarf?


They’re in one of the books, but I can’t remember which off the top of my head.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut






Personally, i don't like them cause i feel the "stars" of the game should be the gangers, not some weird flying worm vehicules,octoman or undead- women.

I tought one of the weakness of oldcromunda was that the gangs were too similar (bar outlanders), but i feel that newcromunda went too.far in the other direction.

lost and damned log
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/519978.page#6525039 
   
Made in gb
Arch Magos w/ 4 Meg of RAM




United Kingdom

 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
 NAVARRO wrote:
Thanks! Its a bit confusing to go through the books.

So are the Venators details just on an old White dwarf?


They’re in one of the books, but I can’t remember which off the top of my head.


The Book of Peril
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





 Albertorius wrote:
JimmyWolf87 wrote:
Pit Slaves are currently in the game already via the Slavers' Guild alliance (complete with Forge World models). Not quite the same as having a bespoke gang based on the theme but the flavour is there at least.

Ash Wasters of some variety seem likely; there was concept art shown off at some point.

Kind of completely the opposite, actually, seeing as the Slaver's Guild alliance are, well, slavers, and the Pit fighters were freed slaves...


Well, sure but they're still a play on the same aesthetic and theme (having actual pit slaves make up half of that party) even if the usage is different. Don't get me wrong, I'd be more than happy for the studio to expand on the idea and release a standalone Pit Fighter Gang ala the old version; just pointing out that the concept has already made its way into the current game in some (albeit limited) form.
   
Made in es
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps






 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
Because most of them get some kind of jetpack or hoverboard?


Always get reminded of this, with some many flying things (yes, I know there's open spaces in the hive, don't care )





Automatically Appended Next Post:
JimmyWolf87 wrote:
 Albertorius wrote:
JimmyWolf87 wrote:
Pit Slaves are currently in the game already via the Slavers' Guild alliance (complete with Forge World models). Not quite the same as having a bespoke gang based on the theme but the flavour is there at least.

Ash Wasters of some variety seem likely; there was concept art shown off at some point.

Kind of completely the opposite, actually, seeing as the Slaver's Guild alliance are, well, slavers, and the Pit fighters were freed slaves...


Well, sure but they're still a play on the same aesthetic and theme (having actual pit slaves make up half of that party) even if the usage is different. Don't get me wrong, I'd be more than happy for the studio to expand on the idea and release a standalone Pit Fighter Gang ala the old version; just pointing out that the concept has already made its way into the current game in some (albeit limited) form.


Again, somewhat. The Slaver Guild pit fighters are guys with chain glaive, flak armor, and a stimm-slug stash, pit slaves were almost servitors. I would say that they were quite different, even if only from an aesthetics perspective.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/25 11:57:45


 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
Because most of them get some kind of jetpack or hoverboard?


2-3? Orlocks and Van Saar both got Prospects with either jump boosters or hoverboards (the latter of which I really don't like) and I think one of the newer Delaque things can float.

   
Made in us
Beautiful and Deadly Keeper of Secrets





JimmyWolf87 wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
Because most of them get some kind of jetpack or hoverboard?


2-3? Orlocks and Van Saar both got Prospects with either jump boosters or hoverboards (the latter of which I really don't like) and I think one of the newer Delaque things can float.

The Delaque thing is also their brute, so it's not exactly as common as the others Juves.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

 ZebioLizard2 wrote:
JimmyWolf87 wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
Because most of them get some kind of jetpack or hoverboard?


2-3? Orlocks and Van Saar both got Prospects with either jump boosters or hoverboards (the latter of which I really don't like) and I think one of the newer Delaque things can float.

The Delaque thing is also their brute, so it's not exactly as common as the others Juves.


Wasn't that changed?

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
 ZebioLizard2 wrote:
JimmyWolf87 wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
Because most of them get some kind of jetpack or hoverboard?


2-3? Orlocks and Van Saar both got Prospects with either jump boosters or hoverboards (the latter of which I really don't like) and I think one of the newer Delaque things can float.

The Delaque thing is also their brute, so it's not exactly as common as the others Juves.


Wasn't that changed?


Not as far as I'm aware (unless there's something specific to House of Shadows I don't know about). Piscean Spektors (the flying things; I looked it up) are Brutes so they'll be very limited.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: