Switch Theme:

Tyranid Rumours - page#2 teaser vid & new battleforce  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in ie
Hurr! Ogryn Bone 'Ead!






They just got a release this January!? Other armies need a release such as Blood Angles....



This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 2014/11/01 13:25:01


Check out my current short story project "When a World Dies" http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/617737.page#7253683
 
   
Made in ca
Excellent Exalted Champion of Chaos





British Columbia

The Angels of Blood should be right after the rumored campaign box.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2014/11/01 14:04:04


 Crimson Devil wrote:
That's what 7th edition is about. Yelling "Forge the Narrative Pussy!" while kicking your opponent in the dick.
 BlaxicanX wrote:
A young business man named Tom Kirby, who was a pupil of mine until he turned greedy, helped the capitalists hunt down and destroy the wargamers. He betrayed and murdered Games Workshop.


 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





TN/AL/MS state line.

AllSeeingSkink wrote:
 Pyeatt wrote:
AllSeeingSkink wrote:
So not a terrible deal money wise, you are basically getting the Tyranid Warriors for free. Unfortunately Tyranid Warriors suck... so.... I guess it might still be good for a new player, but for most players who already have some Tyranid Warriors and probably don't want more, it's not a great deal.


Warriors aren't actually that bad.
They also aren't that good Their only real purpose is for Synapse IMO. They don't do enough damage for their points and are easy to kill.


They show up in competitive lists sometimes(usually shrikes or part of a formation honestly), but they really shine in Kill Teams. 3 wounds and a 4+ save is no joke with few high strength low ap weapons.

Black Bases and Grey Plastic Forever:My quaint little hobby blog.

40k- The Kumunga Swarm (more)
Count Mortimer’s Private Security Force/Excavation Team (building)
Kabal of the Grieving Widow (less)

Plus other games- miniature and cardboard both. 
   
Made in us
Gargantuan Gargant





New Bedford, MA USA

 lord_blackfang wrote:
I ordered both big bugs even though my Tyranids are in a crate in the cellar, not to see the light of day until 8th edition.


GW, and I, salute you sir !!

Let no one question your dedication.


   
Made in us
Blood Angel Terminator with Lightning Claws





North West Arkansas

 Eldarain wrote:
The Angels of Blood should be right after the rumored campaign box.


Angels of Blood eh? Hmmmm


Automatically Appended Next Post:
I think the loopy bit you all don't like will look different once you have your mitts on the actual kit. So many of these kits look better in person here recently. We cretique them to death then buy two kits after we see them.
I'm wondering if the BA being laid low by the beast has something to do with the up coming release of the BA?


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Yes, this kit, the small rule book and the Blood Angel release is going to be keeping my hobby purchasing fund low.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2014/11/01 15:25:29


Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentations of the women.

Twitter @Kelly502Inf 
   
Made in us
Perfected Haemonculi Living Sculpture






 Sidstyler wrote:
So I was looking at the new model in 360 view and noticed this:



I don't really get what this is supposed to be, or what it's supposed to be doing. I mean I know we're talking about an alien and everything and it doesn't have to make "sense", but I personally feel like the model would look better without it.


It's the finger loop that lets you easily turn this into a hentai coffee mug. All you need do is hollow out the top

   
Made in au
Grizzled Space Wolves Great Wolf





 Sinful Hero wrote:
AllSeeingSkink wrote:
 Pyeatt wrote:
AllSeeingSkink wrote:
So not a terrible deal money wise, you are basically getting the Tyranid Warriors for free. Unfortunately Tyranid Warriors suck... so.... I guess it might still be good for a new player, but for most players who already have some Tyranid Warriors and probably don't want more, it's not a great deal.


Warriors aren't actually that bad.
They also aren't that good Their only real purpose is for Synapse IMO. They don't do enough damage for their points and are easy to kill.


They show up in competitive lists sometimes(usually shrikes or part of a formation honestly), but they really shine in Kill Teams. 3 wounds and a 4+ save is no joke with few high strength low ap weapons.
I can see them as part of a formation. I don't think they're worthless, which is why I said "it might still be good for a new player" who doesn't currently own ANY of them, just for most vets who probably own several, it doesn't seem like great value.

I will admit I haven't really played much kill team, I'm not seeing why they'd shine in it though. They're basically paying 10pts per T4, 4+ save wound, which isn't bad but it's not really exceptional given they are also only doing 1 S4, Bs3, 18" shot for every 10pts unless you start to give them more equipment then they get more expensive. Compare that wound per point and damage per point with almost any other troop and they don't really sound awesome to me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2014/11/01 16:15:59


 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





TN/AL/MS state line.

AllSeeingSkink wrote:
 Sinful Hero wrote:
AllSeeingSkink wrote:
 Pyeatt wrote:
AllSeeingSkink wrote:
So not a terrible deal money wise, you are basically getting the Tyranid Warriors for free. Unfortunately Tyranid Warriors suck... so.... I guess it might still be good for a new player, but for most players who already have some Tyranid Warriors and probably don't want more, it's not a great deal.


Warriors aren't actually that bad.
They also aren't that good Their only real purpose is for Synapse IMO. They don't do enough damage for their points and are easy to kill.


They show up in competitive lists sometimes(usually shrikes or part of a formation honestly), but they really shine in Kill Teams. 3 wounds and a 4+ save is no joke with few high strength low ap weapons.
I can see them as part of a formation. I don't think they're worthless, which is why I said "it might still be good for a new player" who doesn't currently own ANY of them, just for most vets who probably own several, it doesn't seem like great value.

I will admit I haven't really played much kill team, I'm not seeing why they'd shine in it though. They're basically paying 10pts per T4, 4+ save wound, which isn't bad but it's not really exceptional given they are also only doing 1 S4, Bs3, 18" shot for every 10pts unless you start to give them more equipment then they get more expensive. Compare that wound per point and damage per point with almost any other troop and they don't really sound awesome to me.

Fearless bubble(preventing break and IB tests), they really benefit from specializations(such as eternal warrior or an ignores cover strangler), wide array of upgrades, decent CC even without upgrades, and durability from the three wounds and second best save available. They're a good Tyranid unit for Kill Teams, not necessarily the best Kill Team unit.

Black Bases and Grey Plastic Forever:My quaint little hobby blog.

40k- The Kumunga Swarm (more)
Count Mortimer’s Private Security Force/Excavation Team (building)
Kabal of the Grieving Widow (less)

Plus other games- miniature and cardboard both. 
   
Made in us
Nurgle Chosen Marine on a Palanquin





Warhams-77 wrote:

The spine... It is one? Hmm.. There is a similiar pipe on the old Exocrine model from Epicast


Armorcast... The pipes feed the gun on the Armorcast Exocrine, so they have an actual purpose...

Agree with HBMC on the designs, lazy and very clean/stylized. Vent rows at 90 degrees to each other? Square? Seriously? The vents are the same design as the vents on the flying bugs, not the much cooler vent design of the other big ground bugs (Carnifex, Hive Tyrant). Head is now part of the body, another major change to the Tyranid design aesthetic. I'm sure I could come up with plenty more, but its not worth the time...

T

   
Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka




 Sidstyler wrote:
So I was looking at the new model in 360 view and noticed this:



I don't really get what this is supposed to be, or what it's supposed to be doing. I mean I know we're talking about an alien and everything and it doesn't have to make "sense", but I personally feel like the model would look better without it.


There is an answer to that in the WD 40 issue. It explains what it's for. Can't remember for the life of me, but I just rolled my eyes when I read it.

Found it: An extra spinal column feeds any absorbed material directly back to the Toxicrnes's gas sacs. Word for word, sorry if that is not allowed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2014/11/01 19:21:42


Agies Grimm:The "Learn to play, bro" mentality is mostly just a way for someone to try to shame you by implying that their metaphorical nerd-wiener is bigger than yours. Which, ironically, I think nerds do even more vehemently than jocks.

Everything is made up and the points don't matter. 40K or Who's Line is it Anyway?

Auticus wrote: Or in summation: its ok to exploit shoddy points because those are rules and gamers exist to find rules loopholes (they are still "legal"), but if the same force can be composed without structure, it emotionally feels "wrong".  
   
Made in us
Sharp-shooting Foundation Sheriff





Indianapolis, IN

I think it's just there for rule-of-cool. Except in this case I think it just looks silly. The model overall is pretty cool, this is just the one issue with it.
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





Yes Tim, you are right (no wonder ) it was Armorcast, I stand corrected
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





United Kingdom

Will someone photo shop it off so we can see what it would look like without?

   
Made in us
Sharp-shooting Foundation Sheriff





Indianapolis, IN

Eldercaveman wrote:
Will someone photo shop it off so we can see what it would look like without?


Using the power of "my thumb on the screen," I can safely say that it will look much better.
   
Made in ca
Paramount Plague Censer Bearer





Davor wrote:
 Sidstyler wrote:
So I was looking at the new model in 360 view and noticed this:



I don't really get what this is supposed to be, or what it's supposed to be doing. I mean I know we're talking about an alien and everything and it doesn't have to make "sense", but I personally feel like the model would look better without it.


There is an answer to that in the WD 40 issue. It explains what it's for. Can't remember for the life of me, but I just rolled my eyes when I read it.

Found it: An extra spinal column feeds any absorbed material directly back to the Toxicrnes's gas sacs. Word for word, sorry if that is not allowed.


Sooooo, it's a fart tube?

My win rate while having my arms and legs tied behind by back while blindfolded and stuffed in a safe that is submerged underwater:
100% 
   
Made in us
Shas'o Commanding the Hunter Kadre




Missouri

Yeah. Needless to say, the spinal column doesn't do that. Even when talking about an alien bugasaur it makes no fething sense, and whoever came up with that either just didn't give a gak or is genuinely stupid.

Oh, and the maleceptor has one too, despite the obvious lack of toxin sacs.

 Desubot wrote:
Why isnt Slut Wars: The Sexpocalypse a real game dammit.


"It's easier to change the rules than to get good at the game." 
   
Made in us
Sneaky Sniper Drone






So I cant find venomthropes or zoanthropes anymore o.o
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




 Sidstyler wrote:
Yeah. Needless to say, the spinal column doesn't do that. Even when talking about an alien bugasaur it makes no fething sense, and whoever came up with that either just didn't give a gak or is genuinely stupid.

Oh, and the maleceptor has one too, despite the obvious lack of toxin sacs.


The Maleceptor needs an extra spinal column for, umm... Extra brain support? If you've got extra brain, you need extra spine, everyone knows that, right?
   
Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator





on the forum. Obviously

 Sidstyler wrote:
Yeah. Needless to say, the spinal column doesn't do that. Even when talking about an alien bugasaur it makes no fething sense, and whoever came up with that either just didn't give a gak or is genuinely stupid.

Oh, and the maleceptor has one too, despite the obvious lack of toxin sacs.


I guess "bone-reinforced intestinal tract" was too long.

What I have
~4100
~1660

Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

 
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

 Sidstyler wrote:
Yeah. Needless to say, the spinal column doesn't do that. Even when talking about an alien bugasaur it makes no fething sense, and whoever came up with that either just didn't give a gak or is genuinely stupid.

Oh, and the maleceptor has one too, despite the obvious lack of toxin sacs.


I suspect the idea is that its a spinal column that instead of carrying nerves (or only carrying nerves) also acts as a relay of material up to the gas sacs. Considering how nids work it could well be that the upper sections of it are separate nids merged together, rather than the same single beasties, so a separate feeding tube might be of help.

It's a stretch of the concept of a spine on Earth terms and is more a bone reinforced nourishment tube.

   
Made in us
Sneaky Sniper Drone






Can anyone confirm the the Zonathrope and the venomthrope have been removed from the GW site?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2014/11/01 21:54:14


 
   
Made in ca
Raging Ravener





I confirm for the canadian store, both venomthrope and zoanthrope removed...
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





UK

Zoanthrope and Venomthrope removed for GB store too.

Please return in plastic

YMDC = nightmare 
   
Made in us
Sharp-shooting Foundation Sheriff





Indianapolis, IN

I don't see them on the US site either.

Those units are still in the codex, right? I wonder if this means they'll be releasing new versions, or if they've just been replaced by bigger gribblies in future codexes...
   
Made in us
Sneaky Sniper Drone






 Frozocrone wrote:
Zoanthrope and Venomthrope removed for GB store too.

Please return in plastic

Yes please!
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

Considering the Chapter House Studios situation I'd expect GW to either:

1) Have simple run out of production stock and be casting up a new batch of both models which we will see return to sale in short time.

2) Release a new updated version of both units (same box or separate) in plastic at some point within the near future.

3) Remove the model from sale for EVER (very very very unlikely but still possible)

GW won't leave things on the table now for ages least their competition steals the market from them. Furthermore with their overall move away from finecast it makes sense that they'd update two very popular models in the Tyranid line (boivores and pyrovores are likely sold in lower numbers and so might be further down the pecking list for an upgrade to plastic - even though they'd be an ideal double pack model).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2014/11/01 22:08:58


   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





Removed from the german webshop as well
   
Made in us
Sneaky Sniper Drone






I think its fairly obvious what is happening, Maleceptor and Toxicrene are basically giant Zoanthropes and Venomthropes.
   
Made in ca
Excellent Exalted Champion of Chaos





British Columbia

Except they both fail miserably at doing what makes the aforementioned units useful.

 Crimson Devil wrote:
That's what 7th edition is about. Yelling "Forge the Narrative Pussy!" while kicking your opponent in the dick.
 BlaxicanX wrote:
A young business man named Tom Kirby, who was a pupil of mine until he turned greedy, helped the capitalists hunt down and destroy the wargamers. He betrayed and murdered Games Workshop.


 
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

And they cost a lot more in points so you might only take one of them in a battle rather than both - plus they won't fit well into lower point games.


Considering in nids the zoanthropes and venomthropes have always sold well and been popular I can't imagine GW would get rid of them. If they wanted to cut chaff they could drop boivores and pyrovores.

It's far more likely they'll be replaced in a second wave - if we are really lucky we might get something new as well at the same time.

   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: