Switch Theme:

Chaos Daemon Tactica - 8th Edition  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





White Dwarf says new datasheet for Horrors.


Hexfleet Virules: A Heretic Astartes, Daemons, and Renegades and Heretics Army

Click here to follow my Chaos Blog on Facebook!
 
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block






Oh wow. Now THAT could be interesting. Ephemeral daemons is a BS rule.

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Connecticut

Agreed, curious where this will go.

It's quite clear no one is using splitting horrors, so one can only hope they're going to find some way to happy medium them somewhere.

This does also mean we've gotten a new datasheet for them for the third time, lol, so here's hoping this times the real deal.

Blood Angels, Custodes, Tzeentch, Alpha Legion, Astra Militarum, Deathwatch, Thousand Sons, Imperial Knights, Tau.

I have a problem.

Being contrary for the sake of being contrary doesn't make you unique, it makes you annoying.

 Purifier wrote:
Using your rules isn't being a dick.
 
   
Made in us
Reading a Book in the Tower of Prospero





Curb stomping in the Eye of Terror!

GW felt the need to change horrors again?

Is that shooty bomb really that op?

I miss my 2 wounds 4++ brimmies...

6000
Live Ork, Be Ork. or D'Ork!

4000

∞ Chaos Daemons and CSM


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Connecticut

I'll take 4++ Brims again.

I have 120 of them waiting for a return. :^)

Blood Angels, Custodes, Tzeentch, Alpha Legion, Astra Militarum, Deathwatch, Thousand Sons, Imperial Knights, Tau.

I have a problem.

Being contrary for the sake of being contrary doesn't make you unique, it makes you annoying.

 Purifier wrote:
Using your rules isn't being a dick.
 
   
Made in us
One Canoptek Scarab in a Swarm




 incarna wrote:
 Zid wrote:
At 255 i will be running a double GUO list i reckon. Theyre hard to kill combined with the excellent strats, and i think they could work extremely well combined with a double gat knight


I'm interested in this too...
What does it mean "base cost"?
And what about Rotigus?


I would assume that Rotigus would then be 260 pts, but it is hard to say. The rumors claim that all named characters are getting a bit drop in points, but to be fair, Rotigus brings a lot to the table than a GUO for only 5 more points currently.
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User





 Rydria wrote:
Would Daemonettes be too good at 6pts ? because at 7pts they have absolutely no hope of competing with Bloodletters in a none mono themed list.

Though perhaps the daemon of slaanesh trait doesn't help I've had games where it does absolutely nothing. (i'm not that good i don't really play at a high level so if i'm wrong about this please let me know)


6 points would be a large decrease. Mostly because it is a horde unit, so that would be 90 points or so back in a list which is not a small amount.

Wyches are a good comparison to Nettes in terms of stats and Wyches are 8. For 1 point less, Nettes have a 5++ all the time and 3 (full unit) attacks with -1 (or -4) AP. So I think 7 is about right for them.

The Slaanesh trait is very good but harder to use because demons are all melee. So positioning of your heroes is paramount but I find it is much easier to use the locus aura's if you run Heralds on steeds.


On topic:
Keepers going to 150 has me shouting to the clouds for joy. Decreases to Seekers and Fiends would be amazing to finish off a points reduction cake from CA. And if the Harp chick is good, that will be the icing on a very nice Slaanesh December.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/12/05 16:01:31


 
   
Made in us
Journeyman Inquisitor with Visions of the Warp






Dimmamar

Emeraldw wrote:
the icing on a very nice Slaanesh December.

Please, no Slaanesh icing. EVER.

40k Resources

LVO 2017 - Best GK Player

The Grimdark Future 8500 1000 1500 3500

"[We have] an inheritance which is beyond the reach of change and decay." 1 Peter 1.4 
   
Made in gb
Slaanesh Veteran Marine with Tentacles





Emeraldw wrote:
 Rydria wrote:
Would Daemonettes be too good at 6pts ? because at 7pts they have absolutely no hope of competing with Bloodletters in a none mono themed list.

Though perhaps the daemon of slaanesh trait doesn't help I've had games where it does absolutely nothing. (i'm not that good i don't really play at a high level so if i'm wrong about this please let me know)


6 points would be a large decrease. Mostly because it is a horde unit, so that would be 90 points or so back in a list which is not a small amount.

Wyches are a good comparison to Nettes in terms of stats and Wyches are 8. For 1 point less, Nettes have a 5++ all the time and 3 (full unit) attacks with -1 (or -4) AP. So I think 7 is about right for them.

The Slaanesh trait is very good but harder to use because demons are all melee. So positioning of your heroes is paramount but I find it is much easier to use the locus aura's if you run Heralds on steeds.


On topic:
Keepers going to 150 has me shouting to the clouds for joy. Decreases to Seekers and Fiends would be amazing to finish off a points reduction cake from CA. And if the Harp chick is good, that will be the icing on a very nice Slaanesh December.
Then are Bloodletters too good then at 7pts ?
   
Made in it
Nurgle Chosen Marine on a Palanquin





the strenght of letters is the icon (let them charge the AiP turn) ap-3 weapon and stratagem which make them swing twice, going to hurt anything, demonettes cant cost as letters, to be competitive they should cost less.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/12/05 19:27:37


I shall reap a terrible bounty from the death that I sow in your name, Father Nurgle
 
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User





From a pure cost standpoint, I think Bloodletters are fine at 7 points.

But the fact that Nettes have crappy support is another issue entirely.
   
Made in ca
Warp-Screaming Noise Marine





Kronstaat IV

Souleater wrote:Looking to start a dual 40k and AoS Daemon host of Khorne and Slaanesh.

(Numerous Aelves and a resurgence of GK on the cards)

Obviously I am looking to pick up two Wrath and Rapture boxes as the core of my forces, but would it be worth also grabbing a SC! of each of those gods?

Cheers.


I can't speak for the Khorne SC! box, but the Slaanesh SC! box is crazy good value. If you build two Chariots/Hellflayers instead of the Exalted Chariot you can also build two Heralds on foot. Buying those contents separately would cost nearly double the amount the SC! box retails at, based on GW prices in Canada, and you'd have monopose Heralds.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rather than Daemonettes going down, Bloodlettters need to go up. IMO.

The Fall of Kronstaat IV - A Slaanesh Soup with Red Army Seasoning

Pro Pain and Pro Pain Accessories

 
   
Made in it
Nurgle Chosen Marine on a Palanquin





Rather than Daemonettes going down, Bloodlettters need to go up. IMO.

demonettes will still be crap compared to letters also if they would cost 2pts more, demonettes must start on the table and that's a big issues, they dont have reliable way to get into melee the turn they Ds so they will die quick with that r3 e 5++ save, then you need 6's to wound with anything in 3+ or better armor. I love demonettes but they really need lot and lot of re work to be good.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/12/05 22:12:48


I shall reap a terrible bounty from the death that I sow in your name, Father Nurgle
 
   
Made in ca
Warp-Screaming Noise Marine





Kronstaat IV

I almost never start my Daemonettes on the board, what on Earth are you talking about?

The Fall of Kronstaat IV - A Slaanesh Soup with Red Army Seasoning

Pro Pain and Pro Pain Accessories

 
   
Made in us
Plaguelord Titan Princeps of Nurgle






Jacksonville, NC

DudleyGrim wrote:
 incarna wrote:
 Zid wrote:
At 255 i will be running a double GUO list i reckon. Theyre hard to kill combined with the excellent strats, and i think they could work extremely well combined with a double gat knight


I'm interested in this too...
What does it mean "base cost"?
And what about Rotigus?


I would assume that Rotigus would then be 260 pts, but it is hard to say. The rumors claim that all named characters are getting a bit drop in points, but to be fair, Rotigus brings a lot to the table than a GUO for only 5 more points currently.


Base cost is the cost of the model without weapons. In the guos case, all weapons are free, so 255 points... really damn good.

Rotigus has a few unique bonuses, but nothing to write home about tbh. But who knows... have to see how this all shakes out. Its pretty exciting!

Check out my P&M Blog!
Latest Tourney results:
2nd Place ITC tourney 08/20/18 ( Battlerep)
3rd Place ITC Tourney 06/08/18(Battlereps
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut




 blackmage wrote:
Rather than Daemonettes going down, Bloodlettters need to go up. IMO.

demonettes will still be crap compared to letters also if they would cost 2pts more, demonettes must start on the table and that's a big issues, they dont have reliable way to get into melee the turn they Ds so they will die quick with that r3 e 5++ save, then you need 6's to wound with anything in 3+ or better armor. I love demonettes but they really need lot and lot of re work to be good.


what would be really nice is making Delightful agonies a 5++ like it is for CSM, That one change would make daemonettes so much better




 
   
Made in us
Daemonic Dreadnought






demonettes suck in this edition because they are slow. My IG infantry can run circles around them. An equivalent to the MMM order would make the competitive again. Maybe a 1CP stratagem that allows 3 units to MMM. It won't directly get them into combat but it could get them into ideal positions out of LOS. That or maybe give that ability to units under size 20. The spirit of that unit is being fast and maneuverable which they just don't have in this edition.

Chaos isn’t a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail, and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, but refuse. They cling to the realm, or love, or the gods…illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is, but they’ll never know this. Not until it’s too late.


 
   
Made in au
Nurgle Veteran Marine with the Flu





 Zid wrote:
DudleyGrim wrote:
 incarna wrote:
 Zid wrote:
At 255 i will be running a double GUO list i reckon. Theyre hard to kill combined with the excellent strats, and i think they could work extremely well combined with a double gat knight


I'm interested in this too...
What does it mean "base cost"?
And what about Rotigus?


I would assume that Rotigus would then be 260 pts, but it is hard to say. The rumors claim that all named characters are getting a bit drop in points, but to be fair, Rotigus brings a lot to the table than a GUO for only 5 more points currently.


Base cost is the cost of the model without weapons. In the guos case, all weapons are free, so 255 points... really damn good.

Rotigus has a few unique bonuses, but nothing to write home about tbh. But who knows... have to see how this all shakes out. Its pretty exciting!


255 pt GUOs makes me very excited. I usually have a list with 2 in them and with that price drop it means I can basically add a free unit already without factoring in any other price drops across the army


"You are my unbroken blades. You are the Death Guard. By your hand shall justice be delivered, and doom shall stalk a thousand worlds."
- Mortarion, The Death Lord, Daemon Primarch of Nurgle


6500 | 2400 | 4200 | 3300 | 550

 
   
Made in gb
Malicious Mandrake





England

@Excommunicatus: Cheers. Might have to wrestle with the exalt3d chariot, though. I sèe the sense in what you are saying...but the pimped chariot looks too awesome.

Another topic, we have a couple of Grey Knights players at the local club. Tips or tricks against them?

 Nostromodamus wrote:
Please don’t necro to ask if there’s been any news.
 
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut




 Souleater wrote:
@Excommunicatus: Cheers. Might have to wrestle with the exalt3d chariot, though. I sèe the sense in what you are saying...but the pimped chariot looks too awesome.

Another topic, we have a couple of Grey Knights players at the local club. Tips or tricks against them?


use the free unit strategem when they inevitably wipe your lesser daemons




 
   
Made in ca
Savage Khorne Berserker Biker






 Rydria wrote:
Would Daemonettes be too good at 6pts ? because at 7pts they have absolutely no hope of competing with Bloodletters in a none mono themed list.

Though perhaps the daemon of slaanesh trait doesn't help I've had games where it does absolutely nothing. (i'm not that good i don't really play at a high level so if i'm wrong about this please let me know)


If you look at the raw damage and literally nothing else? Absolutely they aren't good at 7. But the fact is they have more than that. Their ability to advance freely allows them to be far more mobile once they hit the ground, heck most of the time you don't even need to deepstrike them to get a good charge off, since they can cross the board so effectively in one turn.

14,000 points!
 
   
Made in it
Nurgle Chosen Marine on a Palanquin





 Excommunicatus wrote:
I almost never start my Daemonettes on the board, what on Earth are you talking about?

yes and every charge you fail after a ds mean a demonette unit dead anyway dont see much difference, nettes seldom get into decent CaC unless you play against a monkey, that s the problem.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
operkoi wrote:
 blackmage wrote:
Rather than Daemonettes going down, Bloodlettters need to go up. IMO.

demonettes will still be crap compared to letters also if they would cost 2pts more, demonettes must start on the table and that's a big issues, they dont have reliable way to get into melee the turn they Ds so they will die quick with that r3 e 5++ save, then you need 6's to wound with anything in 3+ or better armor. I love demonettes but they really need lot and lot of re work to be good.


what would be really nice is making Delightful agonies a 5++ like it is for CSM, That one change would make daemonettes so much better

to just one unit, so the opponent focus on the others and erase them anyway, i doubt you play only 1 single nettes unit.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 schadenfreude wrote:
demonettes suck in this edition because they are slow. My IG infantry can run circles around them. An equivalent to the MMM order would make the competitive again. Maybe a 1CP stratagem that allows 3 units to MMM. It won't directly get them into combat but it could get them into ideal positions out of LOS. That or maybe give that ability to units under size 20. The spirit of that unit is being fast and maneuverable which they just don't have in this edition.

they lack speed and a survivalbility to reach melee or at least exert board control as Pb's do

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2018/12/07 01:28:41


I shall reap a terrible bounty from the death that I sow in your name, Father Nurgle
 
   
Made in us
Daemonic Dreadnought






Yea if they had speed they would have some survivability by using LOS blocking terrain.

One potentially good thing I saw for Slaanesh is KOS is down to 150 points. That might synergize well with fiends and chariots and weaponsgood at killing them could become over saturated with targets.,

Chaos isn’t a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail, and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, but refuse. They cling to the realm, or love, or the gods…illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is, but they’ll never know this. Not until it’s too late.


 
   
Made in ca
Warp-Screaming Noise Marine





Kronstaat IV

Ah. I see. They're bad 'cause you say so and if anyone disagrees they're dismissed because they only play bad players.

Read Kant.

The Fall of Kronstaat IV - A Slaanesh Soup with Red Army Seasoning

Pro Pain and Pro Pain Accessories

 
   
Made in it
Nurgle Chosen Marine on a Palanquin





 Excommunicatus wrote:
Ah. I see. They're bad 'cause you say so and if anyone disagrees they're dismissed because they only play bad players.

Read Kant.

show me a Slaanesh list did good at major tournament and i will officially apologize and stop bother anyone.
PS: i repeat when i talk about something i take into account ONLY competitive play, so dont start with "i play with friend with xyz random Slaanesh lists and often win" because is not what im talking about, thx.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/12/07 09:29:19


I shall reap a terrible bounty from the death that I sow in your name, Father Nurgle
 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka






Falls Church, VA

In B4 "you can't be a good player without going to a tournament"...

Oh damn missed my chance.

Some people say they know no fear. What they mean is that they have encountered and conquered it. I, on the other hand, truly know no fear. It is as alien to me as doubt, rage, or mercy.

2nd Concordian Independent Super Heavy Tank Armoured Regiment - 12,376 points
Order of the Luminous Beacon - 2087 points
Nevian Conclave of the Ordo Hereticus - 2002 points 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




I don't understand the deamonette hate here, they have a different roll than bloodletters all together in my lists. Bloodletters are for bombing the opponent. Demonettes are for starting on the field near hqs with the loci. My typical list has

3 x 10 demonettes
2 x heralds on steeds
20-30 bloodletters
1 dp of khorne
20 pink horrors

Slaanesh is its own detachment, i find khorne and tzeentch loci not an absolute must like slaanesh. That makes these ladies/things incredibly fast and mobile. I wish i had more demonettes, i would quite easily run 60 if i had them. Demonettes cover the field. Everything else bombs in. Works well enough in local tournaments for me anyways.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Connecticut

CA Point changes are very promising for Tzeentch.

Blood Angels, Custodes, Tzeentch, Alpha Legion, Astra Militarum, Deathwatch, Thousand Sons, Imperial Knights, Tau.

I have a problem.

Being contrary for the sake of being contrary doesn't make you unique, it makes you annoying.

 Purifier wrote:
Using your rules isn't being a dick.
 
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User





 Cephalobeard wrote:
CA Point changes are very promising for Tzeentch.


Tzeentch? Slaanesh is in a corner cackling like a madman.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Connecticut

Yeah, I take back what I said. I'm less impressed than I initially was.

Blood Angels, Custodes, Tzeentch, Alpha Legion, Astra Militarum, Deathwatch, Thousand Sons, Imperial Knights, Tau.

I have a problem.

Being contrary for the sake of being contrary doesn't make you unique, it makes you annoying.

 Purifier wrote:
Using your rules isn't being a dick.
 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K Tactics
Go to: